Chapter 16

Bodyguard

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Sorry that this is late, I spent the whole day slaving in the garden and seriously I swear I have cuts everywhere. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this, and leave a comment to let me know what you think, especially about Chanyeol and the Taoris.

LOVE YOU ALL <3 :)


Chanyeol’s POV

“You are his friend yes?” Baekhyun demands after taking a break to catch his breath after the long rant he just had. I nod, watching his expressions in secret fascination and also wondering why he wears so much eyeliner, I bet he looks fine without it.

He continues, unaware of my random thoughts, “so you want him to be happy. Tao makes him happy, you can’t deny that. Since they started working together, every time I’ve seen them they seem happier and more comfortable. They’re healing each other, don’t you see? You don’t have a choice Chanyeol; you’ve got to see past your homophobia and realise that they can be happy.”

“Kris didn’t look very happy back then.” I say, secretly kind of accepting what he’s saying but not wanting to show it.

I’m taken by surprise when he suddenly lunges forward and grabs the neck of my shirt, pulling me forward and glaring at me. “Hmm I wonder why that is Chanyeol? Maybe because Tao could have been killed? Are you aware that Tao saved his life? You waltzing in there and saying all that stuff right in front of Tao, considering you’re one of the people who made him hurt so badly, especially after what happened when you last met him. You may think you’re doing this to help a friend, but if you keep causing trouble you’re going to lose that friend.”

He releases me with a jerk of his wrists and leans back in his seat, glaring out of the window. Wow I’ve never met someone like you before.

I let out a groan and run my hand through my hair before slumping back in my seat and murmuring “I just don’t want him hurt.”

Baekhyun lets out a sigh beside me, turning his head to face me. “Kris likes Tao. Chanyeol you need to accept this. He’s been one of your friends since forever from what I’ve heard, and unless you can push aside your prejudices you’re going to lose him. Considering what you said the last time you met Tao, this will take a while...” He trails off at the last bit, as though speaking his thoughts to himself aloud.

I feel a twinge of unease when he brings up what I did again. I look down at my hands, remaining silent for a moment before saying, “I’m not usually that bad.” He glances up at me, obviously not expecting me to be saying this. “When I first saw him there, I wasn’t actually planning on doing or saying any of that, just teasing him a bit  and making him uncomfortable was the most I was going to do, I guess I just didn’t factor in the alcohol when I made that plan.”

I let out a sigh, shifting in my seat, feeling uncomfortable randomly saying this to someone who kind of kidnapped me and spent the last twenty minutes yelling at me and telling me off, but there’s just something that makes me continue.

“I know I’m an , and believe me I’m not as bad as I was in high school so you can probably imagine what I was like then, but when I drink, all my bad sides come out in full. I should have realised I’d cause trouble. You probably don’t believe me when I say this, but I actually don’t like being this way, it doesn’t make me happy and I don’t feel powerful like I used to when I was at high school. It just makes me feel like I’m an , which I am, but old habits die hard and I’m not sure I can change, at least not without help.”

He looks at me silently, and I stare back at him, unwilling to let my embarrassment show on my face after that speech.

“Do you actually believe what you said to Tao?” he asks suddenly.

I roll my eyes, “that bit about him turning my friends gay and infecting them and stuff?” He nods. “Of course not, that’s obviously stupid. When I’m drunk I spout total crap, but it does have a hint of truth. I’m uncomfortable with people being gay, and yes I know you’re gay, I guess because of my parents. They’re really traditional and strict and since the time when I accidentally kissed a boy when I was like five,” I flush slightly in embarrassment at actually admitting this, “they’ve always said that being gay is a disease and I should stay away from gay people. I guess bullying Tao was my way of going against what they told me to do, whilst actually acting that way because of what they told me.”

He stares at me in thought for a moment and I look away, beginning to regret telling him all this. He speaks suddenly, “you’re right. You’re an , but Kris, Jongin and Sehun were s too and they’ve changed, so you can too. You say you can’t do it on your own so you can’t, but you’re not alone here are you? You have good friends, Sehun and Kris, and they can help you change, hell I'll even help you if it stops you being a jerk.”

I just stare at him in slight shock. He pauses before continuing. “I have one question though, how did you manage to accidentally kiss a boy?”

I cringe, scowling at the smirk that forms on his face to hide the fact that I secretly like that expression, “how did I know you’d bring that up.” I sigh before shrugging and saying, “I actually don’t know, I guess I thought he was a girl? I don’t know, but I remember he was really pretty though so that’s probably why.” I glance at him before saying, “kind of like a five year old version of you actually.” I pause, leaning closer and examining his face. “Woah, wouldn’t it be weird if he actually was you.”

He just stares at me for a moment in slight bewilderment before saying, “you think I’m pretty?”

I freeze, staring back, before saying, “is that they only thing you got from that.” I roll my eyes and lean back in my seat. “Anyway, it’s actually really late now so we should go back, I’m starving.”

Baekhyun nods silently, starts the engine and pulls out of the car park. I’m silent, thinking over what just happened. I glance out of the window just in time to notice that Baekhyun is ignoring the signs to the hospital.

“Where are we going?” I ask.

“You’ll see.” He says.

I frown, but he glances at me and shakes his head before leaning over and prodding my forehead. “Don’t scowl. It makes you look grumpy and scary and people won’t want to go near you. Take that as therapy lesson number one.”

I stare back at him sceptically before sighing and complying. When we eventually pull into a restaurant car park, I glance over to question this, but the words die in my mouth when I see the dangerous glint in his eyes as he looks back at me and I just silently get out of the car.

 

Tao’s POV

To be honest, I’m putting a brave face on all of this because these injuries are actually uncomfortable as hell. I dread being released from the hospital because they will take me off the strong pain killers and then it will get worse. On the bright side though, some good has come out of this. It seems that my near death experience, if you can call it that, has forced Kris and I to face our feelings.

I glance over to him now, sleeping quietly next to me on a reclining chair that his mother had brought for him. He’s actually being surprisingly sweet and I like this new side of him. I reach out and gently his hair. When Chanyeol came by, I was truthfully scared because in this condition I can’t defend myself. It seems he only came to talk though, but that ended weirdly. I think I saw Baekhyun behind Chanyeol, but I’m not sure so I haven’t said anything. I’ll just question him when I next see him.

Apparently Kris hasn’t left my side since the accident, if you can call it an accident seeing as it’s obviously not accidental. It seems he’s got a sentimental side I’ve not seen before. He kissed me. I’m just going to take a moment to absorb that.

They’ve lowered the dosage of my drugs slightly so my mind feels clearer now; I was rambling quite a bit when I first woke up. I’m worried though, because even in that state I felt a slight flicker of fear when Kris leaned over to kiss me. It went away pretty quickly because his lips feel amazing, but we’re going to have to work through lots of things together if we’re going to try a relationship.

 

Ten days later

“There we go.” Kris says as he lowers me gently from the car into the wheel chair. Baekhyun waves goodbye and drives off and I watch as Kris unlocks the front door before pushing me in. We ride the elevator in comfortable silence.

My parents came over for a few days whilst I was in the hospital and they stayed in the apartment they bought for me. I’ve been wondering, since I can’t work for a while, whether I’d be sent there, but Kris seems to have decided that I’m staying here with him. I’m glad because it would be awkward to be on my own in this state. I wouldn’t be able to do anything for myself. Not only that though, I realise that after being with him non stop for the past four or so months, I’d miss him.

It’s late, so Kris takes us up to our home floor and into my room. He takes a couple of bags off the back of the wheel chair and puts them on the cupboard before turning to me and asking me what I want to do.

“Sleep,” I say softly, “I’m tired.”

He nods, heading over to my dresser to find something for me to sleep in. “Do you want to shower first?” He asks. I frown, considering. “I’m not sure if I can with all these bandages and stuff. The nurse just wiped me down with a cloth. Yeah, I remember now, the doctor said not to get them wet for another few days until we go back to get them checked.”

Kris nods before walking over and helping me take my jacket off. He then carefully takes my trousers off, a slight frown forming on his face when he sees the bruising on my legs. Next comes my T-shirt and eventually I’m left sitting there in my boxers, trying not to let my embarrassment show. He glances at me and we share a smile when we see that we both feel nervous right now.

He takes me into the bathroom and fills the sink with warm water. He grabs a soft cloth and proceeds to start cleaning my arms. I would protest but…. I wouldn’t be able to do it myself anyway.

He talks as he works, “I’m going to have to go to work tomorrow. It’s Friday though thankfully, so I’ll have the weekend off after that, but I need to be there tomorrow to sort out some things that people have been working on since I’ve been off work. You’ll be ok for a bit right? If you want I can call Baekhyun or Jongin or someone?”

I smile and nod saying, “I’ll be ok. You have a surprisingly large DVD collection that I’ve been eyeing for a while so I’ll keep myself occupied.”

His lips twitch into an amused smile and he finishes my chest, nudging me forward gently so he can access my back.

When he’s finished my legs, we both pause awkwardly for a moment, before I save him by saying, “I can wash… that bit… myself.”

He nods and says, “I’ll go sort out your bed and whatever.” A small smile spreads on my face as I watch him leave. I’m so lucky to have him.

 

Two weeks later

I’m getting better and better. I can walk on my own now; the wheel chair was actually mainly for comfort since I didn’t actually break my legs, just scraped and bruised them and the damage to my ankle was just a bad sprain. I still feel the pain in my ribs and my arm, but it’s not as bad as it was. I’m in the kitchen, shirtless as it was hard enough getting trousers on with one hand and I couldn’t be bothered with a shirt too.

Kris turns to me as I turn after getting a glass of water which is the simplest and therefore easiest drink to make right now. I see him look at me and read the hunger in his eyes. I’m filled with slight anticipation but also nerves as he makes his way over to me. He pushes me firmly but gently back against the wall, staring down at me before leaning down to crash his lips to mine. Except he never gets there.

This position is too similar to one event in high school. My mind flashes back to then and I see his arm raised to strike me. A second later I see Kris staring at me in shock and clutching his chin which must really hurt right now considering how hard I usually punch. My arm aches from the sudden movement, though it’s not too bad really. At least I broke my left arm so I didn’t instinctively hit him with my broken arm because holy crap that would hurt.

I watch as the hurt, anger and shock that had appeared drains out of his eyes as he stares at my expression. He steps back and just quietly waits for me to clear my thoughts and give him an explanation.

I start slowly, my voice barely above a whisper, “I know I seem ok now, and in general I really do feel much better these days, but when you do something like that, shoving me up against a wall, or even when you just raise your voice at me when I do something stupid, I get flashbacks of similar though obviously different scenarios from high school.”

I stare into his eyes, willing him to understand, “I like you,” I say bluntly, heart lifting slightly at the expression on his face when I say that, “but when you act too forceful or dominant… well to be honest I get scared and I panic. I know you’ve changed, and I like you, but even knowing that, you don’t get over something like I went through instantly.” I pause, watching him absorb everything I’ve said. “I really like you back, but… I need to take this slowly. I need time to get used to being really close to you, with you acting dominant and forceful, so I can reprogram my brain to not automatically think you’re going to hurt me.”

He nods, his eyes full of acceptance but also regret for hurting me. He lifts his hand to my face and gently touches me cheek, causing me to relax slightly, “we’ll go as slowly as you need. If you don’t want me to touch you,” he says, retracting his hand, “then I won’t.”

I stare at him, suddenly filled with happiness that he doesn’t seem disappointed with me. I smile at him softly before suddenly giving him a gentle but forceful shove. His eyes widen in shock as he stumbles backwards and collapses onto the sofa. He sits up, opening his mouth to ask what the hell is going on, but no words come out as I carefully straddle his lap, taking care not to strain myself too much and for once being taller than him.

I look down at him, gazing into his eyes, before saying, “can I set the pace in this relationship? At least for now?”

He gazes back at me, nodding. Satisfied, I make myself comfortable on his lap, smirking at the blush that forms on his face as I wiggle about a bit. I trail my eyes over his face before resting them on his lips. I raise my hand and gently trace my thumb over his bottom lip, watching as he shivers in anticipation, before leaning down and replacing my thumb with my lips.

He melts into the kiss, letting me lead for now, and parting his lips for me when I run my tongue along his bottom lip. His hands grip my hips and I shiver at his touch on my bare skin before my useable hand in his hair.

Naturally he eventually starts fighting for dominance within the kiss, and our tongues clash together, but in this position, with me able to pull away at any moment, I don’t feel afraid and I let myself bask in the fire that’s rushing through my veins.

When we finally separate, I rest my forehead against his to catch my breath.

“I’ll give you as much time as you like Tao. We need to work through this together.” He looks at me and smiles gently, “I know we can do this.”

I smile back and lean in for another kiss. “Yes we can.”


Ok. Not sure what to say about all that so I'll just wait to see what you guys say. Hope you liked......

Next update might be monday or tuesday because I'm out all tomorrow.... :/

Leave a comment and feel free to friend request if you want :) :)

Omg, btw anyone else here a VIXX fan because I'm currently in love with their songs 'light me up' and 'what to do'

Also, am I the only one here who listens to wolf at least twice a day everyday?

XD