Chapter 20

Bodyguard

Hi, sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy this. I hope to get another update up before I start back at college, but no guarantees.

I would say more but it's nearly 01:15 and I'm tired after having too many late nights so yh... XD

I LOVE YOU GUYS. PLS LEAVE A COMMENT. <3 <3


Five days later
I collapse into bed that night, next to Kris, feeling tired out from pure boredom. Seriously, I’m trapped in these rooms and it’s driving me insane. I do my exercises in the room just outside our area, which I’d demanded after deciding there wasn’t enough space in our rooms due to furniture.

Kris joins me soon after and we curl up, both eager to go to sleep just so we can rest our minds and escape from the monotony of this place. To be honest, it’s nice being here with him, and he’s been keeping me sane, but there just aren't enough things to do. I listen to his breathing for a while, matching my rhythm to his and feeling his heartbeat as I rest my hand on his chest. Eventually, long after he’s fallen asleep, I feel my eyelids drift shut and I slip into unconsciousness.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

“How can I relax when I don’t know where they are or if they’re safe or anything? The news isn’t helping, coming up with stupid theories about where he’s gone, just because they were seen sneaking into a van during darkness. I can’t ring them to see how they are because our phones may be tapped. It’s been five days Chanyeol. Why haven’t we heard anything? What if they’re actually not safe, what if they’ve been kidnapped? What if-”

Chanyeol sighs in exasperation and grabs me, pulling me into a tight hug and cutting off my half hysterical ranting. We’re silent for a moment; me just relaxing in my friend’s arms, and him just gently rubbing my back in an attempt to calm me. Eventually he pulls back and looks down at me with seriousness in his eyes that I’ve not seen recently.

“Kris is my friend too and I’m worried just like you, but Kris’s dad is extremely protective of him and I’m certain that if he’s having him protected then he’s definitely safe. Try not to worry. You’re also forgetting that Tao is a total ninja.” I smile slightly at his choice of words. “Tao is strong enough to look after both of them, and I’m sure that if anything did happen, they’d fight to protect each other. Try to have some faith in them, ok?”

I gaze up at him for a moment, wondering how he’d changed from someone I hated for hurting Tao, to someone I consider a best friend. I sigh, nodding and trying to push aside my worries. “How would I survive without you, huh?” I murmur, pulling back and smiling at him, before dragging him with me over to the play station in the hopes of distracting myself from my constant anxiousness.

He grins smugly, “You probably wouldn’t.”

I shoot him an amused glare as we set up the game, and roll my eyes.

“Looks like I now need to work on your ego.” I say, before grabbing my controller and settling down next to him, gearing up for an intense war between us. He just smirks at me and focuses his attention on the screen.

I log on. This is war.

 

Jongin’s POV

I’ve been watching him for the last ten minutes and it seems to me that the rate of his approach to panic is increasing with every second that passes. He’s in the kitchen, trying to decide on what to cook, but it’s obvious that he can’t focus due to worrying about Tao and Kris. I stand up and head towards him when I catch a glimpse of his strained expression in the reflection on the window.

I come up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist and nuzzling my face into his neck. “Baby, calm down, they’re going to be ok.” I murmur, enjoying the way he shivers as he feels my breath on the skin of his neck.

He lets out a shuddering sigh and turns to face me, hugging me tightly and pressing his cheek against my shoulder. Truth be told, he’s not the only one worrying, but I’ve seen what Tao can do and I’m trying to focus on that and not what could happen to them. Worrying won’t do anything to help them.

I can feel him trembling slightly against me as he fights to compose himself and I decide to pull out the trump card. I tug him after me towards our bedroom and push him down on the bed, deciding to distract him in the most effective way I know. A few minutes later, after tugging off his shirt and kissing his neck and chest, I’m rewarded with a faint gasp and I smirk against the skin of his hip, knowing that I’m being successful. I hook my finger through the loop at the waist band of his jeans and glance up at him, to meet his eyes and enjoy the sight of his flushed cheeks. He reaches out to run his fingers through my hair and I smile at the touch before giving his jeans a tug.

 

Luhan’s POV

“Sehun. I think I’m going crazy.”

I’m not kidding when I say this; I’m seriously going crazy with worry. We’ve not heard from Tao or Kris or even the people looking after them. Sure they’ve got to keep their location secret and whatever, but the people with Kris’s dad could easily send us a message just saying that they’re safe.

Sehun looks over at me from his side of the sofa. I turn my eyes away from the TV, where I was just staring without actually seeing anything, to look back.

He examines my expression silently, studying the tightness of my mouth and the stress in my eyes. Once he’s drawn his conclusions he crawls over and snuggles down against me, discarding his book in favour of wrapping his arms around me. I hug him back reflexively, and feel some of my distress disperse as he kisses my cheek gently and settles himself down.

“Don’t worry. Tao is dangerous himself, let alone the people trying to hurt them. Try to have a little faith, ok?”

Before I can reply, he presses his lips to mine and I’m distracted by the beautiful way he kisses me.

Eventually he pulls back, and we stare at each other as we regain our breath.

“I love you,” he says suddenly. My eyes widen and I feel my breath stop as my brain races to process those words. I watch as his cheeks flush softly and his eyes trace over my face, taking in my wide eyes and my mouth which is currently hanging open in shock.

He reaches out and pushes my jaw shut gently with one finger and his touch snaps me out of my shock induced stupor. Emotion slams into me and my eyes fill with tears as my heart races with happiness.

A slight frown forms on his face as he sees the moisture in my eyes. “Please tell me those are happy tears.” He whispers, and I hear the slight insecurity in his voice.

Hating that he’s feeling that way because of me, I force my body back under my control and my face breaks into a huge smile, pressing one of his hands against my chest so that he can feel my racing heartbeat. He relaxes and smiles back, and I gaze at how beautiful that expression is on him for a moment before leaning forward and slamming my mouth against his.

He kisses me back fervently and as I slide my hand under his shirt, tracing my fingers up and down his spine, I pull back and gaze into his eyes, whispering “I love you too Sehun, I love you.”

I watch the influx of emotion running through his eyes and reach up with my free hand to trace my fingers along his jaw line and his lips. He smiles against my touch and closes his eyes in bliss, and I surprise him by suddenly replacing my fingers with my lips.

I love you so much.

 

Lay’s POV

I glare at him, not appreciating his presence at all. I’m currently drowning in worry over my friend Kris and right now I have to put up with this pushy behaviour from this guy.

“Look,” Joonmyun demands. “I am totally not in the mood right now. Two of my friends might be suffering as we speak and I have no idea what’s going on, so just shut up and do the sums so we can finish this session before I beat the crap out of you.”

I squint at him for a moment, enjoying the frustration on his face before suddenly wondering, “are your friends called Kris and Tao?”

His eyes widen and he stares at me, before nodding mutely. No wonder I recognised him. He must have been one of Tao’s friends in Uni.

I glance up as the door opens and nod in greeting as Xiumin walks in, before raising my eyebrows when I see someone next to him. Xiumin sits down next to me and introduces the man next to him as Chen, and it seems like this Chen guy already knows Joonmyun as he’s sat down next to him and they’re talking softly.

I catch the name Kris and lean over, touching Joonmyun’s hand to gain his attention. I notice Xiumin’s eyebrows rise at this physical contact out of my peripheral vision, and I retract my hand, before deciding to play this cool and just ask, “Is everyone here friends with either Tao or Kris then?”

They all nod, and I lean back in my chair, excited to maybe find out any news and hopefully settle my worrying a bit.

“Any recent updates on their situation?” I ask.

Everyone shakes their heads sadly and I slump down in my seat in disappointment. Joonmyun reaches his hand out and grasps mine in an unprecedented display of concern.

For once I don’t resist this sort of action, he’s straight anyway so this can’t mean anything, as he says, “Don’t worry, Tao can look after the both of them. That’s what he’s trained all these years for. “

I nod and flicker my gaze up to his face. Maybe he’s not so bad after all.

 

Taeyang’s POV

It’s 04:00 on the start of day 6, when I hear a thud on the floor above us. I’m out of my seat in a second, shaking Joon awake in his seat and gripping my gun in my right hand as I slowly push open the door with my left. Joon is at my back in a moment and we move silently out of the room, heading towards Kris and Tao’s quarters.

There are loads of guards stationed around there, but we can never be too sure. I’m sure the sound came from there, and although I’m kind of morbidly hoping the sound was just Kris and Tao getting up close and personal, I have a feeling this situation just got bad.

We’re at the top of the stairs, heading through the first set of doors when I hear a faint gasp behind me and turn just in time to see Joon collapse on the floor. I raise my gun to take aim at the man standing behind him, but he beats me to it and I’m flung back, colliding with the wall as I feel pain stab me in my shoulder.

The man’s gun has a silencer on it, and I curse in my head, knowing that most of the people here, if not all of them won't have heard the shot. I slide to the floor, vision flickering, and shoot out blindly at him, hoping that, even if I miss, the sound of the gun going off should alert everyone here. I only hope they get to them in time.

 

Tao’s POV
I’m snapped awake by the sound of a gun going off. Kris sits up beside me and glances over. “Was that…?” he says uncertainly, sudden nerves clear in his voice. I nod, pushing the duvet off me and swinging my legs out of bed, tugging on some trousers and grabbing the phones we were given, thankful that we’d decided to wear boxers and a t-shirt to bed because now I’m basically ready.

I face Kris, who’s also ready now, before opening the draw of our bedside table and pulling out my gun. I notice Kris’s eyes widen when he sees it, I hadn’t told him it was there, and I check it over, hoping that I won’t have to use it, but I will if necessary. What started off as a job has now evolved into something personal and I will protect Kris at all costs.

I beckon for him to follow me, deciding that we should try to meet up with some guards. As it happens, as we open our door, we almost collide with the two men from the east side of our quarters. They scan us over, checking we’re ok, and nod approvingly at the gun in my hand.

We head back into our room, deciding to wait there for orders, and they radio Seunghyun, informing him that they’re with us, and asking what he wants us to do now.

There’s a pause, and we wait for a response. When we finally receive one, it’s not Seunghyun speaking, but someone else entirely. “We’ve got your boss and everyone else here. Hand over Yifan and Zitao and no one else here needs to get hurt.”

They glance at each other in shock, and I feel a sinking feeling in my stomach, before they reply, “I’m afraid we can’t do that, our orders and to protect these two at all costs.”

There’s a dreadful pause at the other end before we hear, “that decision is unsurprising but regretful. Good luck getting out of here alive.”

Kris reaches out to grab my hand and I squeeze my eyes shut in horror, as we hear a gunshot through both the radio and in the distance, followed by the sounds of someone screaming in agony.

I frown, “this won’t do. I can’t let this happen. You two need to get Kris out of here, and I’ll turn myself over. That way, you might have a chance of getting away whilst they’re distracted and maybe this will stop anyone else getting hurt.”

“No way,” Kris growls, before the other two can get a word in. “I won’t let you sacrifice yourself for me.”

I turn to look at him, taking in his angry flushed cheeks and passionate eyes. “This is my job Kris, to do anything to protect you, and more than just that, I love you Kris, ok, and there is no damn way I’m letting you get hurt if I can help it.”

His eyes widen in shock as I confess my love for him in this totally unromantic setting, and before he can reply, I nod to the other two who have accepted my plan, and grab the radio after covering Kris’s mouth with my hand to shut him up.

“This is Tao. We’re coming down to you, just please don’t hurt anyone else.”

The response this time is almost instantaneous, and I scowl at the smug tone of the man, “a wise choice. You have four minutes and I expect you here, otherwise I’m unable to guarantee that another of my men won’t feel the urge to shoot something.”

“Ok, we’re coming.” I growl out, not even trying to mask my anger.

I turn off the radio and shove Kris towards the other two. “Just do what I’m asking Kris,” I say as he opens his mouth to speak, “there’s no way the both of us can get out of here today, and the one who can be taken is me because I can defend myself. Anyway, I need you safe so you can get me out, ok?”

I see the turmoil in Kris’s eyes, and pull him in for a hard, quick kiss, trying to prevent him thinking this through completely. I shove him towards the other two again and hand him my gun, seeing as I won’t be needing it.

Before he can formulate a response I’m out of the doors and heading towards the front of the building. I’m sneaky, hoping to avoid bumping into anyone so that Kris has more time to escape.

I arrive there after nearly four minutes exactly and I step out, causing as big a commotion as possible in order to keep them distracted as long as possible in an attempt to buy Kris more time.

Soon enough though, the man we’d spoken with gets angry and I back up when there’s a gun trained on my face.

“Where is he?” they demand.

“I don’t know,” I reply honestly.

He scowls, placing the gun against my temple and repeating the question. His eyes narrow when he receives the same answer and he hits my head hard with the gun, sending me to my knees before repeating the question with the gun once again against my head.

I’m hit again from behind this time and they repeat the question. Before I can answer, I hear a familiar voice yell out from across the room. I don’t even bother to suppress a groan as Kris strides in and yells at them to get the hell away from me.

Damn it Kris, why can’t you stick to the plan.

I glare up at the man in front of me, aware now that there’s no reason for him to keep me alive, and even through my fuzzy state of mind I’m filled with apprehension when he returns his attention to me as two men grab Kris.

He nods to someone behind me, and I feel a sharp pain in the back of my head, before blacking out to the heartbreaking sound of Kris screaming my name.


Please don't hate me. I love you guys so... yh

Please leave a comment and feel free to rant etc.

<3 <3 <3

Ps, thank you to Thatweirdo for my awesome Kaisoo birthday card. I love it. <3