Chapter 19

Bodyguard

Hi people, hope you didn't get too impatient with me... Here's the next update. There won't be another one for a few days because I'm going on my youth camp and then have my birthday party on the 25th when I get back. Sorry, please be patient with me :) :)

Hope you enjoy this update, to be honest not much happens but.....

Feel free to comment or message me to let me know what you think or whatever :) LOVE YOU ALL.


We’re woken early by Youngbae banging on our door and calling for us to get up. “We’ve received orders from your father Kris; you need to pack a suitcase. We leave in an hour and keep the lights off. The blinds are all closed so use a torch from your phone unless you’re in a room with no windows, like the bathroom.”

I glance at the clock, it’s 3:30 am, and yell back a reply before turning to face Kris. A smile spreads on my face as I watch him trying to push back his sleepiness. He looks up at me through half closed eyes and smiles back. “Hey beautiful,” he says.

I glance away, blushing, and he laughs. I’m usually not shy but when he says something like that I swear I feel butterflies in my stomach. He props himself up on one arm and leans over to kiss me. I smirk against his lips, amused at how affectionate he is when he’s sleepy. Eventually we separate in order to regain our breath and I gaze at him, appreciating his ruffled ‘just woke up’ look.

“Come on handsome,” I say with a soft laugh, “we need to pack so we can leave on time.” My tone turns serious and he nods, expression matching my tone. We take quick showers, less than ten minutes each, and within half an hour we’ve packed clothes and necessities. We’ve gone for a casual style with the clothes, aware that if we’re basically being evacuated then we won’t need to bother with smart clothes.

We head into the kitchen together, carrying our bags with clothes and dumping them down in the corner, and then go over to the fridge and grab a drink each before turning to join Joon and Youngbae at the table.

Joon looks up from his phone when we approach, “your father has decided to move you both to a house in the country where you’re less likely to be hurt. Apparently they’ve got new information from the latest attacker and, although I don’t know the details, it’s necessary to move you. There’s a van coming for us at half four. We’re going to leave by the back entrance, through the alley near the back so that we can hopefully sneak into the van without being seen. It’s likely that there are people watching the house so we must be careful. We all need to wear hooded jackets on the way to and whilst in the van because we can be recognised. This will hopefully ensure that we get well away before anyone even notices that we’ve left.

Oh, also, you both need to turn off your phones before we leave so that the signal can’t be traced.”

I nod, doing so and glancing at Kris who seems slightly nervous whilst doing the same. Glad I’m not the only one who’s nervous, I open my drink and gulp some down before returning to the kitchen to pack a box of food to take with us in my bag in case we get hungry. This will hopefully reduce the chance of us needing to stop off anywhere on the journey.

Neither Kris nor I bother asking where it is we’re going because it’s evident that Joon and Youngbae have no idea either. We head down to the ground floor in silence and I pull my hood up when the others do. I touch Kris’s hand lightly, meeting his eyes and showing him my determination to keep him safe. He reaches out and links our fingers together for a moment before giving my hand a squeeze and letting go so that we can walk in single file out the door and into the alleyway.

I see Joon check his watch and glance up at the end of the alley. The van pulls up at the end at exactly 04:30, as it should considering that there’s no traffic at this time. The side door slides open and Joon climbs in first, followed by Kris, then me and lastly Youngbae.

The moment we and our bags are in, the door closes and the driver instantly drives off. We keep the speed down until we get onto the motorway where we speed up and head south. We sit up once we’re away from Seoul but keep our hoods up.

“Sleep if you want,” the driver says. “It’s a long trip.”

I lean my head on Kris’s shoulder as he reaches over to link our hands together. He’s tense and I rub soothing circles on his hand with my thumb in an attempt to get him to relax. It seems to work and twenty minutes later I feel myself slipping into sleep.

I’m jolted awake several hours later, obvious from the amount of daylight, when we drive over a bump in the road. I glance around, meeting Kris’s eyes; he seems to have just woken up too, before looking outside and seeing that we’re driving along a rough country road. The driver glances back at us in the mirror and says, “We’re nearly there. The house is just up there.”

I fix my gaze on the end of the street and see a large house up ahead. It’s surrounded by a high wall and as we’re let in through the large gates, I see that the compound inside is quite heavily guarded.

“Woah,” I say to Kris, “your Dad must be pretty worried.”

He nods, a slight frown forming on his face as he looks around. “At least we’ll be safe here whilst we try to figure out what’s going on.”

The van pulls to a stop in the centre of the courtyard and we all clamber out, stretching and grateful for being able to stand up again after being in the van for ages. I glance at my watch and see that it’s just gone half nine. We were driving for five hours.

We’re led inside into a large room with a huge table. Spread out over the table are lots of papers, and my attention is caught by someone talking rapidly into a phone. In front of him are two other phones. He looks up when we walk in and proceeds to hang up before standing.

“I’m glad you got here safely,” he turns to the driver before saying, “were you followed at any point?”

The driver shakes his head, “no, I checked regularly and there was nothing that caught my attention.”

The man nods before turning his attention back to us and introducing himself, “Hello, my name is Seunghyun. I’ve worked with your father for many years and I’m in charge of keeping you two safe whilst you’re here. Take a seat and I’ll run you through what we’ve learned so far about your attacks.”

I glance at Kris and walk with him to the table where I take a seat next to him. He subtly reaches over and puts his hand on my knee under the table and I place my hand over his before turning my attention to Seunghyun.

“From the information we’ve gathered from your attacker, your father’s theory was right. The people behind these attacks are an… organisation who were... involved with your father in the past. Their past encounters have evidently caused these recent attacks. We are still unsure as to why these people are doing this now after such a long time, but we guess it’s something to do with wanting to ruin the company now that Kris is more involved. Either that or they just want to hurt you in order to subsequently hurt your father.”

I glance at Kris, worry evident in my expression, and he squeezes my knee whilst meeting my eyes for a second before continuing to listen as Seunghyun talks on. “The man, who attacked you Tao, has told us that he was sent to take you so that they could keep you hostage.”

Kris tightens his grip on my leg so I pry his hand off and link his fingers together with mine as I glance up to see his pained expression. “He refused to talk at the start, but we managed to get him to talk when we promised to relocate him once we discovered that if he goes back empty handed he will be killed.”

I lean back in my chair, absorbing this and trying to create a picture of my mind of this situation based on the tiny amount we know.

Kris speaks up, “who exactly is it that we’re up against and what is their connection with my father?”

Seunghyun sighs and says, “I’m not at liberty to tell you about your father’s past, you need to ask him personally, however I can tell you that the man in control, Mr Zhang, runs a group of very violent, very hostile people. He is very rich and has powerful contacts. As it is, we are confused as to why he has made such unskilled attempts to hurt or take you.”

Seunghyun glances away, not making eye contact, before his eyes come to rest on the phones in front of him.

“Ah,” he says, “these are for you two. They’ve got tracking devices installed as well as being secured. You can use these to make calls that won’t be traced to you specifically; however you will only be able to call certain people as we’re not sure whether your friend’s phones are secure either.”

My eyebrows rise at this, “so Baekhyun and the others may have people tapping their phones?”

He nods silently.

“Well have they been warned?” I demand.

He nods, “yes we’ve told certain people and they’ve informed the rest, but until we get this sorted out there’s nothing much that they could do except to avoid calling you two or not use the phone at all which would seem suspicious. Conversations between you and them are the ones which would be listened in on, and it’s likely that they won’t bother to pay attention to other phone calls. You both need to keep your phones switched off in order to avoid them being traced.”

We both nod silently and once he’s convinced he stands, beckoning us to follow him. “We are pretty certain you’ll be perfectly safe here but even so you will need to remain in certain areas during the time you are here in order to ensure that we can protect you if something happens. I’ll take you to your quarters so to speak. You shouldn’t need anything else out of there anyway, but if you do then I’ll see what I can do.”

We follow him silently, unconsciously moving closer to each other as we walk, trying to absorb the fact that we’ll be trapped here until this mess can be fixed. It’s not an overly appealing idea but at least we’ll be safe.

“What about my father?” Kris suddenly asks after Youngbae and Joon have disappeared off somewhere.

Seunghyun glances back before replying, “He is currently in a secure place in Seoul where he’s working to try and stop this. Seriously, don’t worry about him. He’s in the place where they’re holding your attacker and the man who tried to kill you, Kris, in the nightclub. The security there is incredibly high, he will be fine. You just worry about yourselves, ok?”

Kris nods, apparently satisfied, as we finish crossing the courtyard and enter the main door which leads into a large lobby. We’re led deeper into the building and up a flight of stairs until we reach a set of doors. There are guards here, and when we go through the door there is a small room containing two more guards.

They’re all dressed casually with ear pieces but it still almost feels like we’re celebrities or something with so many people here to guard us. I guess Kris kind of is; the media have so much interest in him that he might as well be.

We’re taken into what must be about the centre of the house, the rooms have no windows here, and shown into a large lounge with several sofas, a large coffee table and a TV screen mounted on the wall.

We’re left to our own devices pretty quickly, so we decide to check out the rooms before maybe watching TV or a movie or something. We soon discover that we’ve only been given one room to share, and I roll my eyes when Kris smirks at me. It seems people have accepted that we’re a couple, which I secretly like a lot.

I shake my head despairingly at his y expression and head back into the lounge after discovering that on the other side of every door surrounding our little area, there are guards.

I lie down on the sofa after grabbing a snack from the small kitchen. Kris joins me after a second and lifts my head up slightly before taking a seat and placing my head down on his lap. I smile up at him for a moment before turning my attention to the movie which is just starting and resigning myself to a long stay here.


VOILA. Hope it wasn't too boring. I've worked out a plot now. Sorry that there was only Taoris....

Leave a comment <3 I love you all. :)

If you leave a nice comment I'll probably end up friend requesting you... XD XD sorry :)