Chapter 3

Bodyguard

Hi guys, I just want to say a huge thank you to all my subscribers and readers because there are so many of you and so fast it's kinda overwhelming.  :)

Ok, just a heads up, I'm not sure how many updates I'lll be able to post in the next week because I fly to spain for three weeks on wednesday and I haven't even started packing yet so..... yh. I THINK I'm allowed to take my laptop there, so I should be able to update when I'm there, but it will probably be more like every 2 or 3 days rather than every day....

ok :) Enjoy :)


I flip my fringe out of my face, plug in my head phones, and head into the airport to collect my luggage, opting to take a taxi to the university campus rather than relying on my memory to get myself there, though to be honest I just don’t want to lug my suitcases around.

Yes suitcases, plural. I've developed a huge interest in fashion and have a tonne of new clothes that I bought in England before heading here that I am dying to wear. I just hope there is enough wardrobe space in my room.

In the back of the taxi I reply to a few texts from my friends back in the UK and also inform my parents that I’ve reached Seoul safely.

After arriving and wandering around aimlessly for a few minutes, staring a slip of paper that I fished out the bottom of my Gucci backpack, I pluck up the courage to ask someone where the heck I should be heading.

I approach a girl who looks vaguely my age and is standing with a small group of her friends.

“Excuse me? Could you tell me where the admissions office is?”

I still have some things to discuss with the people here and I need to collect my timetable.

She turns to face me and her eyes widen slightly before she rakes her gaze quickly up and down my body. Raising her eyes to my face once again, she smiles prettily, ignoring the giggling of her friends behind her, and gives me directions in an overly flirty tone.

I flash a small smile that has them squealing and thank her.

One of the girls behind me yells out as I walk off “Your accent is hot!” and I resist the urge to facepalm, turning slightly to face them and bowing, sending them into another fit of giggles before I turn and walk away.

Well that was unexpected.

 

Twenty minutes later I’m standing before the door of my new room. I shift my weight nervously before knocking quickly and opening the door, tugging my suitcase in with me.

Glancing around I see evidence that my roommate has arrived before me but the room seems empty at the moment. He has taken over the right side of the room, his suitcase open on his bed, half empty and his wardrobe open and full of clothes.

I’m just placing my suitcases on my bed and ping them when I hear a sound behind me and turn to see a boy, who I assume is my roommate, walking out of the bathroom, holding onto a now empty toiletries bag with hands, I notice, that are extremely pretty.

Berating myself for that weird thought, I bow sharply, at 90 degrees and introduce myself, “Hello, my name is Tao, pleased to meet you.”

He smiles as me and bows in return. “Hi, my name is Baekhyun, pleased to meet you too.”

I glance at his face properly and the first thing I notice is his obvious love of eyeliner.

We talk as we unpack, and I discover that he is here to study fashion and although I’m not surprised, I'm slightly disappointed as I’d hoped to find a friend quickly who had the same lectures as me.

I unpack swiftly, carefully slotting my clothes into my wardrobe, realising that I’m going to have to make economic use of the space as I simply have crazy amounts of clothing.

I hear a gasp from across the room and turn to see Baekhyun speeding towards my suitcase.

He grabs my new black leather jacket, his eyes sparkling, and says “oh my gosh this is gorgeous, I’ve been wanting this for ages!” as he turns it over, examining it thoroughly.

I smirk smugly, but inside I’m glad I’ve found someone here with the same taste as me. “You can borrow it if you want” I shrug, “I’ve got way too many clothes here anyway.”

He squeals and jumps at me, hugging me enthusiastically. I allow myself a small smile and hug him back lightly.

The door suddenly bursts open and we leap apart in shock, “BAEKHYUUNN!!”

A dark haired guy with the largest eyes I’ve ever seen stares at me, having seen us hugging, and composes himself after his sudden, dramatic entrance.

“Woah Baek, you snagged him quickly.”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes in sync with me and as I turn to put down the jacket he says, “Kyungsoo seriously, he’s my roommate. We’ve literally just met so don’t jump to any conclusions.”

Kyungsoo turns to me and gives me a quick once over; his eyes resting on my face as he says bluntly, “he’s hot but he looks kinda scary.”

My eyes widen slightly at his brutal honesty, but I’m not surprised; I’ve heard this before.

Baekhyun gives him a sharp slap on his arm and Kyungsoo whines, clutching the stinging area and saying “what did I do?”

Baekhyun sighs in exasperation before turning to me.

“Excuse him. He has no brain to mouth filter.”

Turning back to Kyungsoo he continues, “This is Tao and so far he doesn’t seem at all scary.” He pauses. “He also has freaking awesome taste in clothes so leave him alone.”

I bow and greet him and he grins at me. “Woah, you’re Chinese too” he says, obviously able to tell this from my accent. Addressing both of us he says, “my roommate is Chinese too. I’ll introduce him to you guys at dinner, his name is Luhan and, no joke; he's so pretty it’s insane.”

“Why thank you Kyungsoo, though I'd prefer the term handsome” a voice says from the doorway.

Kyungsoo cringes in embarrassment and we all turn to inspect the newest arrival who glances around the room, taking in the occupants.

His eyes rest on me and he grins, “hey," he says in Chinese, correctly assuming from my features that I’m of Chinese origin.

I greet him back in the same way with a quick bow.

Luhan greets Baekhyun who beckons for him to come in, and we all spread out over the room, apparently deciding that socialising is more important than unpacking.

I observe the conversation quietly, preferring just to listen and form an opinion of the three people here.

Kyungsoo was right, Luhan has pretty features, but there's a definite manliness to his mannerisms and attitude.

Kyungsoo talks rapidly, his eyes even wider than I thought possible, about the really tall guy he’d seen heading into the room opposite them, who had the creepiest smile ever.

I shiver and push aside the uncomfortable feeling that fills me as I hear the horribly familiar description.

It’s probably not him I tell myself. I’m sure there are loads of tall guys around with creepy smiles.

By the time Kyungsoo and Luhan head off, there's only 45 minutes until dinner and I quickly get back to unpacking, finally finishing, placing my toiletries in my side of the cupboard in the bathroom, with ten minutes to go.

After fixing my appearance in the mirror, inspecting my fringe and shifting my clothes here and there, I exit the bathroom and head down to the dining hall with Baekhyun. I’m tired at this point, and as we walk through the doors, I make an effort to fix my sullen, and therefore scary, expression into something more friendly and approachable.

We stare around the room looking for familiar faces, and I nudge Baekhyun, pointing in the direction of a madly waving Kyungsoo.

Heading over, I see Luhan next to him and one other. I greet him and soon discover that his name is Jongdae but he prefers to be called Chen. No reason given. Fair enough I think. Apparently his roommate will not arrive until tomorrow so Kyungsoo, being typically blunt, told him to sit with us as we eat. Chen is here studying science and apparently has an interest in everything to do with weather patterns, specifically thunderstorms.

Luhan is here from China to study medicine in order to follow in the footsteps of his parents so I question him about his Korean, curious to know how he managed to sound so native. He informs me that he’d come here to study at the age of 11 until he was 14 and has also spent most of his summers here with relatives who own a large house in Seoul.

Halfway through the meal I hear a loud, deep voiced laugh from one of the tables behind me. Flinching, I turn slowly and groan as my suspicions are confirmed. I turn away fast, hissing as I make eye contact.

Oh bloody hell.


Ok ;) thanks for reading :D Can anyone guess who that mysterious stranger at the end was? It's kinda obvious I know but.... XD

LOVE YOU GUYYSSSS <3