Chapter 28

Bodyguard

Hi guys, sorry for the wait. College ugh. Enough said.
This is only about 1,050 words but it's better than nothing? Anyway, not much happens but I wanted to write something....

I've been slowly gaining more of you guys and I just wanna say I love you all and knowing you're there makes me really happy.

Ok I'm tired and I've got college tomorrow -_-

Enjoy and please leave a comment, maybe nag me a bit, ya know, get me writing these faster XD <3 <3 <3 <3


Kris’s POV

The hours fly by when you’re having fun. Alcohol helps too. It’s definitely gone 3am and I glance around the room, struggling to keep in a laugh when I see Joonmyun and Lay passed out and curled up together on the armchair that’s really only designed for one person. I’m pretty certain that there’re no romantic feelings between the two of them but it’s still cute.

Most of the others are busy playing a very drunken and dangerously tense game of monopoly, though I’m unsure how that even started considering monopoly is one of the most boring and friendship-ruining games out there. I guess being drunk has confused their judgement.

They’re playing in pairs; Luhan and Sehun, Kyungsoo and Jongin, Xiumin and Chen, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. When a loud argument between Luhan and Sehun starts over whether they can afford to risk buying a certain place, I turn my attention to Tao who’s curled up on the sofa next to me, head resting on my lap and eyes shut.

He’d also become drunk very quickly, I’m sure it’s something to do with Chen; he was mixing drinks earlier. Anyway it sounds like something he’d do. As it happens I was still sober enough then to have enough sense to decline more alcohol and I can say without a doubt that I’m the least drunk person here.

I run my fingers through Tao’s hair, perfectly content to just sit here, feel the slight calming buzz of alcohol in my veins, and listen to the others hanging out and having ‘fun’.

Tao’s eyes flutter open slowly and he blinks up at me silently for a moment before a beautiful smile spreads on his face. I start to trace his face with my fingers as he simply gazes up at me. The surprising intensity of his gaze eventually causes me to flush slightly; I’ll blame the alcohol if asked, and I shift my eyes towards the others.

Tao snags my hand with his and laces our fingers together, clutching my hand to him as his smile morphs into more of a smirk.

I glance down and roll my eyes at his expression, unable to keep a contented smile off my face. Our peaceful moment is disturbed slightly when an angry-drunk-Kyungsoo slams his fist down on the table before commencing a rant at Xiumin and Chen, accusing them of cheating. I bite my lip in an attempt to hold in a laugh, convinced I’d seen a scene similar to this in a movie, as he runs out of steam before promptly collapsing down on Jongin’s shoulder and falling asleep.

The others stare at him in mild shock, the confusion on their faces almost comical, before Jongin shrugs and mumbles groggily “should probably get him to a bed.” There are murmurs of agreement all round and people start packing up. I roll my eyes at their drunken antics, such light weights seriously, before gently lifting Tao’s head off my lap and replacing my legs with a real pillow for him; patting his hand softly when he whines in protest.

I amble off to the cupboard in the hallway and drag out some comfy sleeping mats and blankets for people to use and hopefully be able to sleep relatively comfortably. There aren’t enough beds in the building for everyone; I only ever had this place set up for me originally.

There are murmurs of thanks as I place the heavy pile down on the floor before grabbing two for Joonmyun and Lay and letting the others fight over the rest. I shove Luhan and Sehun in the direction of Tao’s old room, letting them have a real bed, before heading over to the pair curled up on the armchair.

I pause a moment, marvelling at how they’d even managed to fit, before setting down the mats side by side and gently prying Lay off Joonmyun. He barely even stirs as I struggle to move him to the mat. Once I’m satisfied that he’s ok, I shift my attention to Joonmyun who’s now gazing up at me through bleary eyes, surprising me.

He doesn’t protest when I move him over to sleep next to Lay and simply mumbles something that was probably ‘thank you’ before curling back into Lay and going to sleep again.

I take a moment to smirk as I watch Lay unconsciously pulling him closer, before heading off to grab water bottles. I pat myself on the back for my good planning and distribute the bottles by everyone’s beds as they all give up on staying awake and simply fall straight asleep without bothering with washing. I don’t blame them.

I smile fondly as I see how Jongin has pulled Kyungsoo protectively into his arms before falling asleep together.

Once I’m satisfied that everyone’s ok I head over to Tao, who’s struggling to stay awake, and take his hand, leading him into the bedroom. I tug him through into the bathroom and shove a toothbrush into his hands, leading him through the steps of preparing for bed as he seems pretty incapable of doing anything more complicated than blinking sleepily at me.

I place my hand on the small of his back, leading him to the bed where he sits and lets me tug off his clothes, muttering complaints at how many accessories he’s got on, until he’s in only his boxers. I do the same, conscious of his sleepy eyes on me as I chuck my clothes to the corner of the room before peeling back the covers and pushing him down so I can go round and join him on the other side.

I tug the covers over us and wriggle closer to him as he reaches out for me.

He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me close before pressing a gentle kiss to my lips and mumbling ‘goodnight baby’.

I let out a soft breathy laugh at his use of the affectionate title and possessive grip before kissing him back and his hair gently, watching as he struggles to keep his eyes open to gaze back at me.

He falls asleep with a faint smile playing about his lips and I soon join him in sleep, feeling more content than I have ever before.

 


Yup so that was short and not much happened but it got the party evening over with so yep.... not a total waste of time.....

Anyway, leave a comment, it's nice hearing from you all and I always reply to every single one <3 <3

Also... it feels awkward asking this but please upvote if you're enjoying my story :)

I'm gonna sleep now XD Love you all <3

Night <3