Masquerade Ball

Her Second Chance

No One's POV

"I can't slow dance," U-kwon repeated.

You stomped your foot in frustration, "You’re going to a ball, and you can't SLOW DANCE?!"

He nodded, "No idea how to do it."

You were about to yell at him so more when Soojung burst into the room, "~~~~~! Your mom came back home!"

"WHAT?"

"She's coming!" Soojung hissed.

You looked around frantically, then got an idea and shoved U-kwon towards the dressing room, "Stay in there and don't make a sound!" You hissed.

He nodded, ran over, and closed the curtains.

"~~~~~~~~~~!” A voice yelled.

Soojung gasped and put her hands behind her back. When your mom walked in, she bowed. "You're back miss?"

"Yes," she snapped. She then turned to you, "You don't look horrible, good."

You smirked, "You don't either mommy."

She narrowed her eyes, "Thank you. Well I suppose we should get going now. Let's go."

Your eyes widened, "W-what? But there's still two hours left."

Your mom scoffed, "It takes two hours to get there hon."

"Two hours? I thought it was one!"

"Well yes, but I mean, the streets are pretty busy around this time, so let's go, chop chop," your mom said irritated.

You tried to stall somehow, "You go on first, I'll follow after. I still need to...touch up my makeup."

She looked at you, and then shrugged, "You could use a little work. I'll see you there then. Look your best; you're meeting a lot of important people there."

You nodded as your mom walked away haughtily in her black gown and heels.

Soojung poked her head through the door and sighed in relief when your mom was out of sight.

"Thanks Soojung ah."

She beamed, "No problem. I'll tell someone to prepare a car for you and your boyfriend."

You shot her a look, "He's not my boyfriend, just some guy I met on the streets."

"YAH! I think I at least deserve to be something more than ‘some guy’,” U-kwon opened the curtains and walked over to you.

Soojung giggled, "I'll go get a driver. Have fun you two love-, oops, I meant, have fun!" She waved and skipped away.

U-kwon watched Soojung walk out, "She's cute..."

You scowled, "Whatever, let's just go already." You went back to grab your mask and clutch, and walked out of the room, with U-kwon following closely behind.

The car ride to the ball was very quiet, probably because the two of you passed out.

About an hour into the ride U-kwon woke up and looked over at you. You were sleeping, with your head rested on the window of the limo. He smiled at your innocent face, *I like her better when she's asleep.*

He looked out the window of the car and noticed the acres of green grass. *I wonder where we're going...*

One more hour passed by as U-kwon entertained himself by staring out the window of the car and counting the passing cars. You then stirred in your sleep as your eyelids fluttered open, "Are we there yet?"

The driver shook his head, "5 more minutes miss."

You nodded and yawned, covering your mouth with your hand. Reaching into your clutch, you took out a mirror and pouted at your reflection. You began to fix you hair, making sure everything looked perfect. You felt eyes on you, and turned around to see U-kwon staring at you.

"What?" You asked.

"Nothing," he answered.

You scowled.

"You should stop scowling and start smiling. Who knows? Your face might get stuck like that," U-kwon copied your scowling face.

You gave him a big grin, and then quickly returned back to your cold expression, "Happy?"

He sighed, "I guess it’s better than nothing."

"Miss, we're here,” the driver said.

The two of you looked out the windows and saw many limousines with people wearing ball gowns and masks getting out of them, and into a magnificent mansion. The mansion was even bigger that the size of yours, which U-kwon thought was pretty much impossible. It looked elegant, and was colored a creamy white.

You put on your mask and told U-kwon to do the same. "Don't talk to anyone unless I'm there with you. No one can know that I'm going to a ball with a..."

U-kwon raised his eyebrow, "An extremely hot guy?"

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah THAT'S IT."

The limo pulled up in front of the entrance as a crowd of people and reporters crowded around.

Your driver opened the door, and U-kwon stepped out first. A burst of murmurs filled the air, "Omo, who's that?"

"He looks handsome..."

"Is that ~~~'s date?"

"Date? A guy is brave enough to ask HER out?”

U-kwon extended his hand, and you slipped your hand into his. When you were up, he released your hand and offered you his arm, which you took.

Everyone's eyes stayed glued on the couple walking into the mansion.

When you stepped foot into the ballroom, U-kwon let out a little gasp, "It's so..."

"Big?" You finished for him.

He nodded, "Big..."

"~~~~~~~! Come here!"

You turned around and saw your mom with a big fake grin on her face, motioning at you to come over to her. Her grin quickly faded however when she caught site of U-kwon. You smirked at her shocked face as you and U-kwon walked over to her.

"Yes?"

"W-who is this?"

U-kwon bowed, "Kim Yookwon."

*Yookwon? Oh...so that's his real name.*

"Kim Yookwon?  ~~~ didn't tell me she had an to the ball."

You cocked your head, "I didn't? Oh, oops."

Your mom gritted her teeth, "Hmm, you must've forgotten. Anyways, I would like you to meet Woohyun. He's the young master of this house."

You turned your attention to the man standing in front of you. He was tall and well built with dark brown hair, and a black mask.

"Hello, Nam Woohyun." He reached out his hand.

"~~~~~," you said as you shook it.

He took off his mask and you let out a little gasp. *Damn...I didn't know he was THIS handsome.*

He looked at you and smiled, "Something wrong?"

You shook your head and took of your mask.

Woohyun smiled, "You're even prettier in person."

"Thank you."

"Woohyun ah!" Someone called.

"Oh, excuse me," Woohyun then walked away.

You nodded, as you turned around and found your mom's murderous glare on you. After a moment, she gave you one last glare before walking off.

U-kwon elbowed you, "Yah, why were you looking at him like that?"

"Like what?"

"All dreamy like."

"I didn't know he was so handsome..."

"More handsome than me?"

You stared up at his face, "You're kidding right?"

"I'll take that as a no~."

You scoffed, "How handsome do you think you are huh?"

"Hmmm, more handsome than him.”

"Well I think that Woohyun shi is handsomer than you."

He gasped and plugged his ears, "Can't hear you!"

You almost smiled at his childish behavior.

About an hour passed, and the both of you were mingling with the other guests. You were quite surprised at how easily U-kwon interacted with them. He was a hit, especially with the ladies, because of his good looks (which you didn’t see) , and his smooth talk.

You pulled him aside for a moment, "You're a player aren’t you?" You asked, slightly amused.

He pouted, "Of course not, the ladies just loveeee me."

You shook your head at him, and then felt someone tap your shoulder.

"Would you like to dance?" You turned around and saw Woohyun. You looked around at everyone else, and noticed that many couples were beginning to dance to the slow song that was playing.

"Umm, sure."

You left with Woohyun, leaving U-kwon behind. He scowled, *She ASKED me to come, and now she's ditching me for Mr. Handsome.*

Woohyun led you to the dance floor and placed one arm a little above your waist, and the other intertwined with your right hand. You carefully placed your hand on his broad shoulder as the lights dimmed and the two of you danced slowly to the slow and soft music.

Woohyun smiled at you, "You're a pretty good dancer."

You let out a small smile, "You too."

U-Kwon was watching the two of you dance from the sidelines, *OH HELL NO, SHE'S SMILING?! Wait, why should I care? It's not like she means anything to me...right?*

Woohyun moved closer to you, and you tensed up. You looked up at his warm eyes, and quickly relaxed. *This is...kinda nice.*

Suddenly, U-kwon showed up next to Woohyun, "Mind if I take her away?"

You gave him a deadly glare, but he just smiled in response.

“I guess not,” Woohyun answered slowly.

He released his hand from yours, "I'll see you later then ~~~ah."

You nodded, "You too." He gave you one last charming smile before walking away.

The moment he did, you hit U-kwon. "WHAT THE HELL?" You hissed. "Why did you in huh?!"

He pouted, "Cause you're MY date, not his."

You rolled your eyes, as he put one hand above your waist and the other hand in your hand.

You raised an eyebrow, "You said you didn’t know how to slow dance."

"I don't...but I've been watching."

You looked at him skeptically, "If you step on my foot..."

He grinned, "I'll try my best."

You shrugged, and let him lead you. You were surprised at how good he was.

"Were you just trying to scare me when you said you couldn't slow dance?"

He laughed softly, "Nope, I just pick things up quick."

You nodded and continued to sway to the beat with U-kwon.

You looked up and looked into his eyes, which seemed to be smiling. For some reason, a wide smile spread across your lips.

U-kwon gaped at you, "You just smiled ~~~ ah! Twice in a row, this is like a record! Omo, we should mark this date in remembrance!"

You scowled at him, "Yah, I smile sometimes!"

He grinned at you, "You should smile more, you look 100 times prettier when you do."

"Prettier? I can get prettier than I already am?"

He rolled his eyes, "Aigoo, you’re full of yourself aren’t you?”

You shrugged, "I’m just in love with myself.”

He laughed, and you found yourself smiling once again.

The two of you talked for a while, dancing to the slow music. It was strangely enjoyable, well, at least it was until U-kwon stepped on your foot.

"YAH!" You hissed.

U-kwon gave you a sheepish grin, "Told ya I didn't know how to dance."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohyun watched as you and U-kwon danced, talked, and smiled. His eyes were glued to you.

*~~~~...what an interesting girl.*