A Jealous Boyfriend Is Not A Happy Boyfriend

Her Second Chance

No One’s POV

You were filing your nails, staring out the window while a plump balding man drowned on and on about how to expand the company.

The meeting room was awfully humid, so you stood up to crack open both of the windows, and take a seat on the windowsill. You then jumped off, and grabbed a soda, spilling fizz everywhere when you opened it. Everyone present in the room had known you for more than 10 years, so they were quite used to your behavior.

Since Woohyun's company was over, he presented at the meeting too. When it was his turn to present, you looked up for a brief second, and saw him give you an amused look. You shrugged and continued to file your nails and sip your sprite, occasionally looking up every few seconds to glance at whatever Woohyun was talking about. 

When the meeting ended, you were swinging your feet up and down, staring off into space. "Alright everyone, we'll resume in 5 minutes!"

"Don't you people run out of things to say?" You mumbled.

"Well I could tell you were paying very very close attention," someone said,

You looked up, meeting eyes with Woohyun, "I woke up at 6 in the morning, for this," you motioned at the room.

He chuckled, "It is pretty boring huh?"

You sighed and held up your nails, examining them, "Yup."

"Wanna get out of here then?"

You raised an eyebrow, "Where do you plan on going?"

He shrugged, "Anywhere but here." 

Half an hour later, the two of you found yourselves walking alongside the Han River, occasionally hiding your faces when someone seemed to recognize either one of you. 

"OH! There you are," Woohyun pointed at a billboard placed on the top of a skyscraper. You looked in the direction he was pointing at and saw your face; modeling for a designer you forgot the name of. 

"Yup, there I am.”

He looked at your face, then back at the billboard, then back at your face, "How come you never smile?"

"Smiling is a lot of effort."

He pouted, and then put on a big grin, "See, easy!" 

You stared at him blankly.

"What about aegyo then?" He made two piece signs, and made a cute little, 'hmmm' sound.

You laughed, "I'm not an aegyo person."

He smiled, "Figures."

The two of you walked in silence for a while before he spoke up again, "So...how's life?"

"Life? It's livable I guess. You?"

He shielded his eyes from the sun, "My dad's a pain, but besides that, livable." 

"Your dad? I doubt he's worse than my mom," you muttered.

"Want to bet?"

"My mom tried to arrange a marriage with me and some pedo 30 year old the day I turned 18."

"My dad tried the same thing, only he wanted to prepare, so it was when I was 17."

“You were going to be married off to a guy? I didn’t think you were on that team.”

“I meant with a cougar!” He laughed.

You made an OH face.

For the rest of the afternoon, you and Woohyun argued with each other on whose parents were worse. The two of you were so into your conversation that neither one noticed the occasional sound of cameras clicking. 

The next day, you were woken up by Soojung’s shaking. "Breakfast in bed!"

You rubbed your eyes and rolled over, "What time is it?"

"10:30, time to wake up lazy pants!" She sat on your bed and dropped the platter of food on your bed-side table. "By any chance, did you see the newspaper?"

"Have you ever seen me read before?"

She laughed and handed you the paper, "Nope, but you just need to see the pictures for this," she pointed at the cover story.

"New power couple in Seoul?" Your eyes wandered down the article, and you saw a picture of you and Woohyun walking along the Han River.

"Damn...I did this yesterday. They're fast."

"Yup. If you go outside...OH WAIT, you can't go outside. Reporters and paparazzi are everywhere."

You shrugged, "It's happened before."

"But it's a scandal with a guy that's NOT your boyfriend."

"Ehh, he's not the jealous type."

She raised an eyebrow and cleared , "Looks like this couple's enjoying a romantic walk along the Han River, what's next in store? Possibly a marriage between the two most powerful young adults of Seoul.”

“If I was your boyfriend, I would SO jealous."

"But you're not my boyfriend, you're my maid, and you forgot the syrup."

She groaned, "I have to go ALL the way back down those steps?! How are you so skinny? All you do is sit around.”

You stuck a piece of bacon on your fork, "I guess I’m magical."

After eating breakfast, you took a long and relaxing bubble bath. You sunk deeper and deeper into the tub, only surfacing again when you heard a soft ringing. You dried your hands and reached for your cell phone, which was conveniently on top of the toilet seat.

"What?"

"A hi would be nice," U-kwon grumbled.

"Hi...now what do you want?"

"What? Can't I just want to hear the voice of my girlfriend who's in a scandal with another guy?"

"Oh, you read the paper?"

"Yup. You can start explaining now."

You raised an eyebrow, "Explaining? I have to explain myself?"

"Well you're apparently the one with two boyfriends."

"I barely know the guy! We were just talking."

"Why were you smiling and laughing in the pictures then?"

“You're the one who's always telling me to smile and laugh more."

"Yeah to me! Not to other guys!" He hissed.

"Are you jealous or something?"

"N-no."

"So then you wouldn't mind if I said that I was going to dinner with Woohyun oppa tonight?"

"Oppa?! I thought you said you barely knew him!"

"I thought you said you weren't jealous."

"I thought you said you weren't close to him."

"I'm not arguing with you through the phone Kim U-kwon."

"Oh, so now we're arguing?"

You rolled your eyes, "Well we kind of sound like it."

"It's not my fault you went on a date with another guy."

"It wasn't a DATE, we were bored, so we both went out for fresh air. Is that a crime? Why are you getting on my case?" You were starting to raise your voice.

"Why are you mad?! I should be the mad one!"

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, so why would you be mad at me?!”

"Why are you yelling at me?!"

"You're the one yelling!"

"AM NOT."

"ARE TOO! What’s wrong with you? It's not like I freaking KISSED the guy!"

"Now you're talking about KISSING him?"

You took in a shaky breath, "You're starting to piss me off."

"At least I'm not in a scandal with another guy!"

You reached your limit, "I don’t have to take this, considering I did nothing wrong. I'm hanging up."

"Fine!"

"FINE."

"FINE!"

You scowled and ended the call, then threw your phone away.

"I didn't even do anything," you mumbled, blowing a bubble away. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIII GUYSS! Sorry for the late update T_T! I would've updated sooner...but I ended up watching Saw VI with my best friend...then we called our guy friend, and we were like, "I wanna play a game. It's a game about whether you live, or die." XD good times~.