Caught

Her Second Chance

No One's POV

You were slowly walking down the steps of your house stairs, swinging your purse up and down next to you. Your mom was seated on the couch. Her eyes wandered up when she saw you walk by,

"Where are you going?" You slipped on your heels,

"Out, isn't it obvious mommy?"

"Meeting your boyfriend?”

You gulped, but maintained a calm expression, "What makes you say that?"

"You have a couple ring on.”

 You peered at the ring on your finger, "So? It looked pretty so I bought it, is it that weird?"

"Usually you buy a couple ring when you get a boyfriend.”

You shrugged, "I said it looked pretty so I bought it."

"You don’t wear the one you had before anymore.”

Your mind traveled back to Hyunsoo, and the couple ring he gave you years ago. You had taken off that ring, though you still treasured, since it didn’t feel right to wear it while you were with U-kwon.

"I got…tired of it. I'll be back later, or not, like it matters," you opened the front door and walked out, hoping that your mom wouldn't ask any more questions when you got back.

Meanwhile, your mom was drumming her manicured fingers on the coffee table. "Mrs. Kim!"

A tall, lean maid quickly scrambled over at her command, "Yes miss?"

"Does my daughter have a boyfriend? Or a boy she meets frequently?”

Mrs. Kim pursed her lips, she couldn’t tell her that your boyfriend frequently made late night visits since you had sworn her to secrecy, "I'm not quite sure miss.”

"Not quite sure?"

Mrs. Kim shook her head, "N-not quite sure."

Your mom nodded and shooed her away, seeing right through the lie. She picked up her cell phone and dialed a number, "I have someone I need you to keep a look out on...you know what my daughter's car looks like right?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV

"You have ice cream on your face," U-kwon commented as he peered at you.

You titled your head, "Where?"

He brought your vanilla ice cream up to your face and grazed it across your nose, "Right there."

You scowled and grazed his chocolate ice cream on his nose too, "You have ice cream on your face too," you said sweetly.

"Yah...come here," U-kwon motioned you over.

You took a step away from him.

U-kwon raised an eyebrow, "We can do it the hard way too," he took a step towards you, and you took another step back.

You soon broke into a run, with U-kwon chasing after you. Being the fast runner he was, he quickly and swiftly caught your waist, "Got ya,” he grinned.

You tried to wriggle out of his grip but gave up soon after when you realized you weren't going anywhere, "Now what?"

He brought his ice cream cone to your face and swiped it across your nose once again.

"Now? Now we're even."

You turned around to do the same to him, but the sudden movement of what seemed like someone running and hiding behind a busy caught your eye.

You wiped the ice cream off your nose, "Did you see that?"

"What? Did you see something weird?" 

You pointed down the road, "I think I saw a guy following us. Eh...maybe I'm just dizzy?"

U-kwon peered down at you, "Dizzy? Want me to carry you?"

You smiled and shook your head, "I'm fine."

U-kwon released his grip and instead slipped his hand into yours, "You sure?"

You nodded, but looked back one more time, *I'm pretty sure I saw someone...could it be paparazzi? No...I'm all the way out in the country side...*

You shook your head, *Great...I'm seeing things!*

You suddenly remember about the ice cream fight, and once again brought U-kwon’s ice cream into contact with his nose, "NOW we're even."

Later on that week, while you were filing your nails on your bed, your mom walked into your room, a manila envelope in one hand.

"Does it take too much effort to knock?”

She sat on the edge of your bed and held up the envelope, "Tell me one more time why you're wearing a couple ring."

You groaned, "I told you before! It was pretty so I bought it! Why?”

Your mom raised an eyebrow and opened the envelope letting about a dozen pictures slip out.

"Are you sure it's not because of him?"

You picked up one of the pictures, and your eyes widened. It was of you and U-kwon the day the two of you were messing around with ice-cream. You dropped it and picked up another one. This one was of you and U-kwon kissing. You cursed yourself in your mind, *So I wasn't seeing things...*

"You FOLLOWED me?"

"You lied to me honey, what else is a mother to do? Now, about this boy, Kim Yookwon? The same boy you brought to the ball last year am I right? Born 1992 if I remember correctly. No parents and no occupation."

You stared at her horrified, "You RESEARCHED him?"

"Not asking for me to accept him? Isn't that what you did with that other boy?"

*She STILL doesn’t remember Hyunsoo’s name >.<.*

"I don't need your acceptance," you defiantly said as you gathered up all the pictures.

Your mom nodded, "You're more like me than I thought."

"Don't compare me with yourself!" You hissed.

For a moment, you saw something similar to hurt flash her eyes, but it was quickly replaced by her usual cold and blank stare, which was very similar to yours.

"It's not like I really care for any of your boyfriends. None of them are going to be your future husband anyways."

"Future husband?"

"Woohyun of course. Mr. Nam and I have worked out...a plan," she said amused. 

*Oh hell no…*

"You're insane mommy."

She shrugged and stood up from the bed, "Say what you want dear. If I were you, I would break off all ties with that boyfriend of yours, better do it now, before he gets his heart broken. Oh, and remember, we have our annual company retreat next week. Make sure to pack and everything,” she waved and walked out of your room.

“What a crazy woman," you muttered.