Confession

Her Second Chance

No One's POV

From that night forwards, U-kwon tried his best to keep a distance from you. He failed miserably however since the two of you grew closer and closer, meaning he fell deeper and deeper in love with you. He had told himself that he would confess to you soon, but he kept on delaying it, telling himself that he had no proper place to tell you at.

Soon winter had passed, and it was spring. Flowers were starting to bloom, and you and U-kwon were sitting on a park bench, flipping through a magazine. 

You came to a section on love, and scanned the page. 

U-kwon pointed at a picture of a couple. The girl had flowing orangey hair, and the boy had spiky blonde hair with dark highlights. 

"They look a little bit like us right?” U-kwon pointed out. 

You held the magazine up and stared at the picture, then at U-kwon and yourself, "A little bit. Weird huh?"

He nodded, "Weird.”

You shrugged as your eyes landed upon a caption reading, "Places for Couples to go."

You scanned the list and pointed at a picture of a beautiful botanical garden.

"I want to go there.”

He looked at where you were pointing and raised an eyebrow, "It's a place for couples though..."

"So? It's pretty," you mumbled.

"You like flowers? I thought you were the type to burn them, or I don't know, step on them."

You hit his arm, "I’m not that evil!"

He chuckled and took the magazine from your hands, "Hmm, it's near here too."

U-kwon scanned the brief introduction about the garden. He read the last sentence softly aloud, "Perfect place for a confession..."

"What'd you say?" You asked.

He shook his head, "Nothing."

*This is could be the perfect place to tell her…*

Your POV

Later that day, you got a text from U-kwon, telling you to meet at him at 8'o clock in the garden the two of you had talked about earlier that day. He said that he had something important to tell you. You were confused as to why he wanted to meet so late at night, but didn't bother asking and instead agreed to it. 

When you arrived at the garden, you walked around till you spotted U-kwon walking back and forwards, occasionally hitting his head. You noticed that he had a bouquet of white flowers in one hand.

Curious, you crept up behind a rose bush and spied on him, *What’s he doing?*

“All right…let’s try this again.” He took in a big gulp of air.

 "~~~~ ah, I really like you, so will you please…nah.”

"~~~~ ah I know we didn't get off on the best foot but, nope.”

"~~~~ ah, I know we're friends and all, but I was wondering if we could be more than…" He sighed and sat down on the edge of a fountain, "I can't do this," he mumbled miserably. 

A small smiled spread across your lips, *So that’s the important thing he wanted to tell me.*

You stood up and brushed off your clothes, “Can’t do what?”

He jumped up, “OH! When did you get here?!”

You decided to not ruin his confession, “Just now.”

“Ah…well then, let’s go!”

You nodded and walked over to him.

The two of you walked around the garden, touring every single spot. You anticipated his confession, but it never came. Disappointed, you pouted.

“What’s wrong?” U-kwon asked.

“What’re does flowers for?” You pointed at the flowers in his hand.

“T-these? Uhh, well I picked them up for one of the hyungs! He needed them picked up for his…date…which is tomorrow.”

“Oh…” you mumbled. *Why is he lying about it?*

After another hour, the two of you had toured the whole garden. Frustated that U-kwon still hadn't confessed, you decided to say something.

“What important thing did you want to tell me?”

“Huh? Oh…I forgot.”

You sighed in exasperation, “I saw you practicing what you were gonna say to me, so why aren’t you saying anything now?! I can’t tell you I like you too if you never ask me,” your eyes widened when you realized what you had just said.

*Aww , did I say that outloud?!*

He stared at you, then a big grin spread across his face, "You like me back?"

“W-what?! When did I say that?”

“Just now. You JUST said, I can’t tell you I like you too if you never ask, you like me too?”

“I don’t remember saying that.”

He pouted, “But I heard-,”

“Then you must have some messed up hearing,” you turned to walk away, but U-kwon held onto your wrist, “Wait!”

You turned around, “Yes…?”

He took in a big gulp of breath, “I wanted to tell you that I REALLY REALLY like you. Actually, I've liked you for a long time, and  I was hoping that you would like me back,” he put the bouquet of flowers in front of him, “And these are for you, not for the hyungs."

You took the flowers from him, “If you’ve liked me for a long time, then why haven’t you told me sooner?”

“Because…I was worried you would reject me,” he looked down.

You smelled the pretty flowers, “Well then I guess you were worried for nothing.”

He wrapped his arms around you, "So you like me! You really like me?"

"Aish, oppa!  You're squishing the flowers!"

He moved away, "Sorry!" He was still grinning.

You tried to look nonchantly, but a smile appeared on your face. 

The two of you walked and talked around the garden. Even though you had both seen everything before, the new arrival of fireflies made everything 10 times prettier. While you were talking, U-kwon intertwined his fingers with yours. You stopped mid-sentence and stared down at your hand.

U-kwon noticed you looking and quickly released your hand. You however grabbed onto his hand again. 

He lightly bumped into you, "You like holding onto my hand?"

"My hands are just cold," you mumbled.

He smiled, obviously seeing through your lie.