☂ Leo ☂

Aeru Oneshots ♥ - Closed
Leo.
 
First day
 
 
 

"Stupid ex-girlfriend." You heard someone mutter these words with a certain sadness in the vocal tone. You looked around and you squeezed the straps of your backpack. You were a little nervous. Changing school was always a riot to you and today was your first day in this new school. You just wanted to get along with your classmates and then you can follow with your school life like every normal students of your age. "Why did you have to break up with me?" You heard that voice again and you stopped walking. "Oh, I don’t care, I don’t care about you anymore." You turned your dorsum a bit to the right and your eyes observed a boy. He was sitting on a small stone bench that adorned the school entrance and his elbows were resting on his knees and his head was hanging through his hands. You weren’t able to see his face, but you knew he was sad. The tone of his voice was quite explicit.

"Yah Leo, stop whining in the corners, and pursue your life." A boy with red hair approached him and slammed his palm on the head of Leo, the one who was sad. So his name is Leo. Your mind said, and a simple smile appeared on your lips. You heard footsteps and you turned your head to the left side. Four more guys walked up to Leo, and you shook your head. You didn’t know why you were standing there listening to their conversation. His problem wasn’t yours, then why is it that you were still standing there? "Where is the cheerful and happy guy we met?" The boy with the red hair continued to chatter and this time you decided that was enough being there listening to their conversation.

You sighed for a few seconds and then lifted up your shoulders, straightening your spine. You started to walk towards the school campus to see if you could find out where the classroom was. You didn’t want to ask anyone where the classroom was because you didn’t want to upset anyone. You gave a few more steps but after a few minutes looking at so many windows, you stopped walking and you looked at the sky, lost in thought. Which those windows belonged to your classroom? You were thinking to yourself when you felt a slight bump on your shoulder. You turned your head, agitating a few strands of your disobedient hair. Your eyes widened a bit when you saw the person who bumped into your shoulder.

“I’m sorry.” The boy who minutes ago was sitting on the bench with the words full of sadness, apologized, and you said nothing. You just blinked and when you come back to reality, he was already a few feet away from you.

“Wait.” You said a bit hasty and you begin to run until your fingers gently grabbed his forearm. He turned his face back quickly and then looked at your hand with a frown. You looked to where he looked and you gulped. “I’m sorry.” You asked a bit clumsy and you freed his forearm. He raised a dark eyebrow and looked at you curiously.

"Are you new here?" He asked in a neutral tone of voice and you just nodded your head. You were still a bit dazed because you grabbed his forearm as if you two were acquaintances, which wasn’t true. You didn’t knew him. You only know his name and it wasn’t much, you wanted to know how his personality was. "What is your name?" He asked putting his hands in his pockets and you felt a slight blush, burn your cheeks.

“Gabi.” You said quickly trying to hide the blush of your cheeks with the palms of your hands but you knew that your redness was hard to hide. Probably he had already seen your flushed cheeks. “And yours?” You asked in a low tone, taking your hands from your face and putting them behind your back. You already knew his name but as you were polite, you had to ask his name.

“Leo.” He murmured softly, delighting your ears and your lips outlined a small but shy smile. You raised a little more your head and you looked into his eyes. His eyes were round and had a soft glow in the corners. His cheekbones were pale but were salient, but a crease in his forehead indicated that he was thinking about something and the way his eyes closed and opened indicated lack of sleep. “Hey Gabi.” He waved a hand in front of your eyes and your heart gave a leap of euphoria when your ears hear your name being spoken by his voice. You blinked a few times, still bewildered and you managed to glimpse a small smile stand up on his lips but in the next second it had already faded. "Do you know where your classroom is?" He asked pointing with his thumb at the school hall.

“No.” You shook your head, bringing a few strands of your bangs to your eyes. "I'm lost." You answered with a sigh. You took something from your pocket and then you looked at your hands which had the schedule of your classes.

"What class you're going to have now?" He asked, peering at the map that was in your hands and you noticed with great delight that his eyes were no longer as sad as they were a few minutes ago.

"English in the classroom 26." You said folding the map and keeping it in the pocket of your pants. He nodded one time and took his hands out of his pockets, leaving them swinging beside his torso.

"Then you'll have the same class as me." He said turning his back a bit. "Come on, I'll walk you there." He exhibited with a soft smile on his lips and you took a few steps until you stopped beside him. You didn’t know how you felt, and you didn’t know even less how you two created all this affinity only in the first conversation. You were admired because you've never been a very communicative person, but here you were having a conversation nothing strange with a guy you've never seen in your life.

“Thank you.” You thanked when you get into the school hall and went through some classrooms. Your ears could hear the buzz of the classroom along with your heartbeat. You didn’t know why you were nervous but the truth is that when your eyes were watching Leo, an involuntary smile would appear always on your lips. He stopped in front of a door with the number 26 and you stopped too. You two have arrived but you didn’t want to enter yet, you wanted to be a bit more with him and talk to him.

"Hey Leo, apparently you found a new girlfriend." A tall and good-looking girl, stopped beside Leo. Her features were pretty but her tone was arrogant. "You were fast. It seems that you have forgotten me." She said venomously, fixing her eyes on your face.

"If I was fast or not, to forget you, it doesn’t matter." Leo said in a serious tone and stretched out his hand, making your fingers intertwine with his. "I just hope that you follow your life and leave us alone." He asked squeezing your fingers and you lowered your head, eventually looking at your fingers, which fit perfectly in his.

"I have nothing to do with you darling." She said in a cynical tone and you looked at her angry eyes. She had the look but her heart was completely evil. "But I still don’t believe that you have such a girlfriend." She pointed at you with her index finger with disdain. You didn’t know what to do, much less think. You were too stunned to think of something.

"Please don’t offend her." He put an arm around your shoulders and brought you closer to him. When your arm brushed against his dorsum, your heart skipped a beat.

"I just want you to prove to me that she is your girlfriend." She said crossing her arms in a superior tone and you lifted your head, your eyes meet with Leo’s eyes.

"I'll prove it." He said looking at her seriously, and then turned his gaze to meet your eyes. You looked at him with a certain curiosity and he put a hand on your cheek. The skin of his hand was soft and its warmth was comforting. You closed your eyes slowly and when you found yourself, you felt something soft touch your forehead. You opened your eyes deliberately and your eyes widened when you saw the face of Leo very close to yours. He pulled his lips of your forehead and looked at his ex-girlfriend. "I hope this is enough, because the rest, you don’t need to see." He said entwining again his fingers with yours.

"Ugh… Be happy." She said sourly, and then disappeared from your sight. When she was nowhere near, Leo looked at you with an apologetic expression.

"It's alright." You said sheepishly and tried to unravel your fingers from his, but he didn’t let you do that, and he squeezed lightly your fingers.

"You sure?" He asked looking closely at your eyes and you nodded. "Okay then." He said with an innocent smile on his lips. He would disentangle his fingers of yours, but was prevented from doing such a thing when his friends appeared.

"Yah Leo, you already have a new girlfriend?" One of them asked a bit loud, opening the door of the classroom.

"Yah, you should have told us you had a girlfriend." The red-haired boy looked at Leo with disapproval. You felt at the moment your cheeks burn with embarrassment and you looked at your front. The whole class was listening to the conversation. You couldn’t say that you weren’t his girlfriend because, first: you were ahead of many people. Second: Your fingers were still entwined with his and Third: Deep down you know you didn’t want people to know the truth.

"Gabi... Mian, it seems that now everyone thinks you're my girlfriend." You heard Leo whisper with a slight blush on his cheeks but you didn’t say anything and you just smiled. Looks like your first day of school wasn’t so boring. This day was the best day of your life and you have the certainty that better things will come. All because of Leo.

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE.
ExoticBabyBunny, I hope you like your request and thank you for your support :3