It'll Be Okay

I Got Married To An Idol?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31

The stunt they had managed to pull the week before ended up causing an uproar in the media and among the executives of the board in SM Entertainment. They had held a large, private meeting, including the twelve boys and Jiyoon – who had been a little more than reluctant and scared to be sitting in the same room as wealthy executives.

Endless questions and vague answers were thrown about in the room becoming a chaotic mesh of voices, all trying to be heard over each other. CEO Kim Youngmin slammed a fist on the table from where he was seated at the head, the loud noise causing everyone to freeze and silence to fall. “Quiet, please. We are not going to be able to end this meeting if you all continue to bicker like children. Now, can I have the persons responsible for the damage to our company’s name stand up?” He said, looking straight at Luhan.

However, all of the members knew their boss would question Luhan and stood up together, their now standing position creating a towering presence in the room. They had all agreed beforehand that they would fight together, not letting only one member to be picked on by hungry vultures. EXO knew that the executives would do anything to minimise trouble, so if the twelve members all made an offer at once, they’d be able to gain the answers they wanted.

Kris spoke up, “We are all responsible. But what we have done is perfectly justifiable. Why? Because we have all been mistreated and all of our contracts did not state anything that would allow you to lock us in our dorm like cage animals. We have our own freedom to do what we like as long as it wouldn’t interfere with our career. Luhan’s engagement was made before he even became a part of the company – he only knew when his mother had decided to call him up last year from out of nowhere.” He crossed his arms and stared defiantly back.

Their boss just shook his head and sighed. He placed his elbows on the table, propping his chin up with his hands, “That is of no concern right now. Currently we are discussing possible defamation of the company that has now arisen from the media coverage of your little stunt yesterday. We need to deal with it before any more of our stocks fall,” he sat up straighter, “You have a comeback to prepare for the end of the year, and you’re causing trouble so soon – you guys are still young and you need to listen to the more senior members. Don’t you understand it’s your careers you are also jeopardising?”

Suho could feel an underlying anger boiling within and couldn’t help when he burst out, “We signed up for bringing happiness to people, and now you’re saying we are the bad guys? So what if our careers are in danger, but it wouldn’t be right if as a group, as a family, we’re going to be split and then bring unhappiness to all the fans who look up to us!” He almost wanted to scream in frustration at how stubborn and money-greedy some people were; that ono-one cared about happiness.

The three younger ones held back their leader who looked as if he was ready to charge with fists flying towards their boss. That would not be a pretty sight nor give them the results they wanted. “Hyung, calm down. I thought you were always encouraging us to negotiate instead of fighting?” Tao murmured quietly into his leader’s ear, tugging lightly on his elbow.

“Alright, fine. This discussion is over. I’ve come up with an easy solution and it’ll put off the fans as well,” Youngmin stood up, addressing the room, “I’m going to send you all off on a world tour, or Asia tour, whichever will be easier to organise. The tour will be until you –” he gestured at Jiyoon, “– have graduated high school. You won’t be seeing each other and so, cause less trouble. Understood?”

Jiyoon stood there in shock at the sudden announcement and reached to grab Luhan’s hand, gripping tightly even though her palms were sweating. Luhan did the same, his eyebrows furrowing together and mind running in circles. No one could believe what they had just heard. “You’ve planned this since it first came up a few months back didn’t you? When Kris-hyung was hospitalised!” someone shouted. Tao was pointing a shaking finger at the CEO and his eyes were ablaze.

Kris quickly pushed the younger’s finger down and faced their boss, “If that’s true… then fine,” he sighed and tilted his head to the side, “I guess we have no choice. It’s probably for the best,” he said, turning to his little band of confused boys. He puffed out his chest and did his best to cheer them up, “At least we’re going on that world tour we’ve always dreamed of right?” Kris could only do his best to show a brave façade, even if he was torn on the inside at leaving the matter so easily.

“Wait, are you saying they’re going on a world tour?” Jiyoon spoke for the first time, when the news had finally sunk into her head. To the guys’ surprise, she looked beyond happy. “Please look after them well, and make sure to have lots of photos and videos taken!” She fidgeted a little, looking down at her hands wrapped around Luhan’s for reassurance, “Is it okay if I can go to the Seoul concert at least?”

Everyone in the room was baffled at her request, even Youngmin had not expected her to react so positively. He sat back in his seat and actually smiled; EXO looked at each other and made faces indicating that they had thought he’d gone bonkers. “That can be easily arranged,” he waved at his secretary, who quickly scribbled something down, “Also, Jiyoon, wasn’t it? I will be keeping an eye on your studies – please make sure to do well and graduate, otherwise, I will have to intervene.” There was a sharp glint to his eyes when he said that, leaving a chill to run down her spine.

“Yes, sir.”

“You guys are dismissed. We will discuss the full details of your tour later.” Youngmin gestured at the door causing the thirteen young people to slowly back out of it. They were able to hear him say, “Ladies and gentlemen, we can discuss their tour now if you’d like.”

***

Five weeks later.

Jiyoon and her two best friends were waiting in a black van for a signal from the bodyguard who would meet with them. Eunmi and Soyeon were still clueless about what was happening and they were slightly annoyed at Jiyoon for not letting them buy tickets to EXO’s The Lost Planet concert, however, they didn’t question her since they knew she had something up her sleeve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter