Krisis

I Got Married To An Idol?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26

It was a few weeks later, when the biggest incident of the year occurred. At first, it was simply some rumors being spread by netizens, which soon culminated into full blown media releases online. Kris was leaving EXO. EXO would no longer be twelve members, but eleven. And all of this happening just before EXO were to go on their ‘Lost Planet’ tour.

Jiyoon happened to be into the midst of it for being connected to Luhan. Even for her, the news seemed unbelievable to her eyes despite the cold, hard facts that spread like wild fire on the internet. People seemed to be taking sides - some vowed their loyalty and best wishes to Kris, whilst others condemned him for leaving at such a crucial time for EXO. Jiyoon herself chose to stay out of this mess, she had no evidence of what was happening so it didn’t feel right for her to take sides.

Luhan was constantly in distress, his own schedule thrown out of whack along with all the other members. They didn’t even know that Kris would leave so suddenly - only days before had they seen Kris smiling happily with them on stage.

Though, they did realise that something seemed out of place with Kris, EXO let him be until he decided to open up and tell them what was wrong. That never happened. Not even after the brief scare that Kris had been hospitalised, something that was kept out of the media thanks to the quick hushing job from SM Entertainment.

Visiting their practice room with food and drinks was the only thing Jiyoon could think of to comfort them. But there was never an improvement in their dark expressions - anger and sadness seemed to have taken over. She did many things to try and help, watching as they all continually practiced for the upcoming tour despite missing one member, thus leading to a change in positions and roles. Jiyoon often stayed until late at night as she waited for Luhan, and it was at these times that she would witness a crying member - especially Tao.

Tao seemed to be the most affected by this event, staying in the practice room with sad chinese music playing. Sometimes he sang along, his voice like a broken record on repeat, other times, he just cried silently. Jiyoon felt herself tearing up whenever she heard one of them cry, and once, tried to comfort Tao with a hug. He only pulled away and curled into a ball. Jiyoon could only wish from her heart, I hope you will be happy soon.

At home, she tried to avoid the internet as much as possible. She didn’t want to see another word from someone badmouthing Kris. It angered and saddened her to no end. Why is everyone taking sides? Surely, Kris had his reasons for his absence, Jiyoon sighed.

Luhan seemed to have turned into a silent, empty shell of who he was before, only talking when needed. He didn’t even tease Jiyoon anymore and didn’t initiate any skinship either. He was as frigid as Antarctica.

After enduring one week of silence, Jiyoon was frustrated. “It’s time to bring this into my own hands now,” she muttered to herself, as she sat in homeroom. Almost all the girls in her school were gossiping about Kris and EXO as well. There was not one place Jiyoon could escape from the rumors.

She found that she missed the loud ruckus and mess caused by EXO. She missed seeing them pushing each other around, their smiling faces, their crazy antics and pranks on each other. Jiyoon actually missed having twelve guys teasing her.

During her lunch break, she pulled Eunmi and Soyeon aside. “Guys, I need help.”

“What? Is it... Them?” Eunmi asked, narrowing her eyes. She had read everything on the internet already.

“Yes. They are beginning to get on my nerves with their silence.”

“Really? That is definitely a problem.”

“What about...Chanyeol?” Soyeon whispered tentatively.

“Yes, even the happy virus is lacking the ‘happy’.”

Eunmi and Soyeon gasped simultaneously and looked at each other. “We gotta do something then,” Eunmi said in determination. They all nodded and hurried to the library, where it was relatively quiet and they could access the internet as well.

It was there that Jiyoon finally braved the shark infested waters of the internet media sites again. Many of the stories were either fabricated or based solely on rumours, something she felt was not fair to the Kris she knew. Maybe that was why he hadn’t said anything to anyone and kept his troubles to himself - he didn’t want to drag them into any trouble.

Jiyoon sighed as she continued scrolling through, “This is pretty depressing. I can’t believe half of these,” she said, leaning back in her seat and looking at her best friends. They nodded in agreement.

“But look, there’s even an interview with EXO themselves on what they think of the situation,” Eunmi pointed to her own computer screen. “Must be hard for them to suddenly lose one member.”

Soyeon listened to her friends, before sitting up and gesturing to the other two to move closer, “I reckon we should organise some way for the eleven of them to meet up with the one. It might make them happier, it might not. Who knows,” she shrugged, “but it’s better than nothing, right?”

Eunmi crossed her arms and nodded in approval, “For once, my dear friend, you have expressed wisdom!” She gave Soyeon a firm pat on the shoulder, “Good job.”

The said person couldn’t help but roll her eyes, “Are you trying to start a fight?” Soyeon eyed Eunmi with a hard stare, causing the other to laugh.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry~” Eunmi said, giggling as she did the dance as well. “Don’t be mad at me, bestie!”

The three decided to research for a place to hold the small reunion, whilst they set Jiyoon on the task of finding a way to contact Kris. “But that’s the hardest task!” She complained.

“Too bad. You’re the only one who is actually close to EXO themselves. Do you know his phone number?” Eunmi asked.

“No. I never asked. I think I only have Luhan’s,” Jiyoon mumbled, pulling out her phone to check. She only ever talked to Kris face-t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter