A new year, a new you

I Got Married To An Idol?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

A gift wrapped box was into Jiyoon’s lap as soon as she sat down in the car seat. She looked up to see Luhan focusing on the ignition and backing the car out of the parking space, ignoring her stare. She held up the box, shaking it slightly to feel what could be inside. However, Luhan had already filled the box with tissue paper to stop any rattling from happening, and he had to bite his lip to stop from laughing; he couldn’t believe he guessed her actions so easily.

Jiyoon tore away the silver wrapping and white ribbon to reveal a red box. Running her fingers over the smooth texture of the box, she found the edge of the lid and slowly lifted it; she was scared it was all a prank. When nothing popped out, Jiyoon put aside the lid and peered inside. By now, Luhan had driven outside of the car park; the night traffic wasn’t heavy and let him cruise on the road at his own speed. He watched Jiyoon from the corner of his eyes; she pushed aside the tissue paper to expose a camera. “Oh wow,” she beamed, holding it up and turning on the device.

Luhan was ready as Jiyoon turned to face him to take a picture; he smiled serenely as the flash went off. “Wha- how’d you know I was gonna- never mind,” Jiyoon spluttered, then looked back at her new camera. She turned it off and placed it back into the box, noticing the photo album at the bottom. Flicking open the cover, she saw a handwritten message on the first page.

Merry Christmas Jiyoon<3 I may have only been here for a few months, but already I feel as if we’ve been together for a very long time. I probably sound cheesy, but doesn’t everyone when they’ve fallen in love? This album will be a way for us to store our memories, because a picture is worth a thousand words and more. Then we can always look back and reminisce our past and laugh, cry, hit each other (though I really hope you won’t) and say, “We really do love each other a lot!” So, let’s keep making more memories and one day show them to our children in the future and guide them to have a love as great as ours.

XOXO Luhan, your soon-to-be husband (^3^)v

Jiyoon suppressed her laugh, the message was exactly as she expected if not even cheesier than usual. In the end, the more she thought about the cute message the more she wanted to smile and laugh. In the end she did, “Ahaha, when did you do this? Thank you!” She said, smiling brightly at Luhan. It was his turn to blush and look away. Jiyoon smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

By the time they arrived home, it was already quite late. Luhan parked the car nearer to the house than usual – “It’s too dangerous for you, especially wearing such high heels,” – and they made their way to the front door holding hands. Jiyoon shivered from the cold night air and cuddled closer to Luhan for warmth, surprising him. He smiled, slipping his hand out of her grip and instead pulled her closer by her waist. “Come on, let’s go in,” he said, unlocking the door and pulling her with him.

The two made their way quietly upstairs and got ready for bed. Jiyoon was too tired by now to say much, quickly changing in the bathroom before sliding under her covers. Luhan had changed in the room, so he was already under the covers, warming the bed. He wrapped his arms around her, pressing his lips lightly to her forehead and whispered, “Good night, love.” Jiyoon only sighed happily and closed her eyes, falling asleep almost instantly.

---New Year’s Eve---

Christmas had passed by quickly and it was already the last day of the year. Since it was New Year’s Eve, the Park family, along with EXO and their managers and Jiyoon’s two best friends, succeeded in securing a private area to watch fireworks near the Han River, mostly because EXO had insisted on celebrating with Jiyoon. They had invited others too, but they were all busy celebrating with their own families, and the family members of EXO were busy as well. However, Jiyoon was happy to celebrate the New Year with these twelve rambunctious boys.

“-ey, Jiyoon. EARTH TO JIYOON!” Someone called out to her. Jiyoon turned away from staring at the river to see Eunmi waving at her. Somehow, Eunmi had dragged the three boys they had befriended to their gathering by the river as well. Woojin was trailing behind her and – “Oh my god! ARE YOU TWO GOING OUT?!” Jiyoon ended up screaming, running up to her friend in excitement when she saw that they were holding hands.

“SHUSH! Jeez, why can’t you tone it down a little?” Eunmi huffed, blushing from second-hand embarrassment. Woojin chuckled beside her, and received a light hit from Eunmi. “And you! You shouldn’t be laughing either!”

“So… when did you two start going out?” Jiyoon smirked, ready to cross-examine her friend.

“And why should I tell you?!” Eunmi pouted at the same time Woojin said, “At the beginning of the holidays, when we bumped into each other at my part-time job.”

“YAH!” Eunmi shouted and hit him once again. “You shouldn’t just tell her everything!”

“Haha, you two are cute,” Jiyoon laughed, “So why did you call out to me?”

Eunmi rolled her eyes, “Your fiancé is looking for you. And Soyeon just arrived, except she froze as soon as she saw you-know-who,” Eunmi whispered the last part. The two burst out laughing, leaving Woojin a little clueless.

They made their way back to the area where they had set up some easy camping tables and chairs. Mrs Park was at the portable stove, reheating the food she had prepared while Mr Park and the managers were at the BBQ grill cooking the meat. Jiyoon’s mouth watered at the smell of the food as her stomach grumbled simultaneously. “Ohh, that smells really, really good!” She mumbled, slowly gravitating towards her mother.

Luhan spotted Jiyoon hovering around her mum, practically wide open as she was being fed bits of food. He walked up behind her and taped her shoulder, not expecting the scream that she emitted. Everyone turned around shocked by her loud scream. “Wow, that was loud, I think my ears are ringing,” Luhan muttered, surprised. “You didn’t have to scream that loudly, I’m not some stranger you know?”

Everyone began to laugh loudly, having not heard anyone scream as loudly as Jiyoon just did. “Sorry,” she mumbled, bowing her head. He patted her head and took her hand to drag her over to where the rest of EXO were seated on a picnic rug – it was actually two rugs put together.

“Haha, I didn’t know you could scream so high-pitched. I bet that would even beat Baekhyun’s high note!” Chen laughed.

“He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter