It's not always good

I Got Married To An Idol?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

The beginning of the year passed by quickly and it was already time for EXO’s latest comeback. Jiyoon was excited but also felt anxious because Luhan didn’t come home as often anymore and slept at their dorm instead. He’d still call her and text her but nonetheless, she was still worried, even if Luhan had told her already at the beginning of the year that he would be busy.

Jiyoon was now at the mall with her best friends, it was the weekend and they had nothing better to do. Every time they walked past a music store, posters of EXO hung on every wall and in every window. She sighed, seeing EXO becoming so popular was great, but it also made her feel a little envious for having to “share” Luhan with the world. She touched the ring hanging from her neck and felt slightly reassured that they still belonged to each other.

Eunmi tugged Jiyoon’s hand, startling her out of her thoughts. “Come on, let’s go in! This is my favourite store,” she said, dragging Jiyoon into a large music store. There were posters everywhere and a few life-size standees were scattered around the store.

“I’ll buy you something if you stop pouting like that,” Eunmi said, poking Jiyoon’s cheeks. “You have to stay beautiful for your fiancé.”

“Yeah, except his comeback is soon,” Jiyoon whispered back, not wanting anyone to know. “So, he hasn’t been around for a while. He’s always busy these days.”

“I know, I know! I mean look at Soyeon, there’re practically hearts coming out her eyes.” Eunmi turned Jiyoon around to see that their other friend was staring longingly at an EXO poster. “It doesn’t matter too much, right? That he’s not coming home often. I mean, you get to go backstage to see him when he has performances! That’s pretty exciting isn’t it?” Eunmi nudged her friend and gave her a sly wink.

“Ew, don’t do that. But yeah, I guess so,” Jiyoon sighed and crossed her arms. “I hope he does actually get me tickets or whatever it is. Maybe I can convince him to bring you guys along too, that’d be nice.” Jiyoon moved closer to Eunmi to link her arm with her friend’s. “I don’t want to be alone while watching the performances; especially if I stand there and then he waves at me. I’d probably die from the daggers the other fangirls are going to shoot at me.” Jiyoon shuddered at the thought, knowing full-well how those girls acted, considering she was one herself.

Eunmi tugged Jiyoon along with her to stand in front of Luhan’s life-sized standee, before turning to look Jiyoon in the eye. “Look at him, this pretty boy. Do you really think he’s not going to do everything for you and spoil you to death?” she asked, giving the standee’s face a poke and causing it to wobble a bit. Jiyoon shook her head in response.

“Then there you have it. Since you already know what he’s like. And besides,” Eunmi turned to face Jiyoon and placed her hands on the latter’s shoulders, “I doubt he’ll ever leave you. I mean, you guys are technically engaged and you’ll probably marry as soon as you finish high school or university. Oh, don’t forget to invite me or else I’ll come cast a spell on you! But I digress. Instead, you will probably be the one that leaves him. I seriously want to smack you upside the head every time you walk away from him or reject him. Have you seen the way he looks at you once you turn your back? Like a kicked puppy!” Eunmi exclaimed, only to be shut up by Jiyoon’s hand over .

“Okay, okay, I get it. You don’t have to lecture me, umma. But I guess I should be a little nicer to him, huh? I mean, my heart always seems to get this constricted feeling, as if I’m actually guilty about walking away from him. It hurts,” Jiyoon sighed, creasing into a frown. “But what do I do?! I don’t know h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter