Kris is a failure

I Got Married To An Idol?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

Jiyoon slammed her hand on the controls, yelling something incomprehensible before she jumped up and down in happiness. Her opponent groaned in frustration and slumped down over the controls as Jiyoon went over to pat their back and laugh loudly at their misery. Luhan watched on with a raised eyebrow at her behaviour. He was really starting to wonder if the arcade was really the best place to bring her along with eleven other guys.

He clicked his tongue and sighed, walking over to her and pulling her hand away from Kai who stood up and stretched. Jiyoon turned towards Luhan and grinned happily, “Did you see that? I beat Kai in a matter of minutes! It was too easy!” She laughed. Kai only scrunched his nose and muttered, “Yeah, you don’t have to rub it in. I’m going to play with the others.”

Luhan waved goodbye and took Jiyoon’s hand, dragging her to another game. He smiled at her triumphantly as they stood in front of a basketball hoop game. “I bet you can’t win this one,” he chuckled, picking up a mini-basketball. She scoffed and raised a hand, telling him to play. “Watch and learn,” Luhan said, standing with his feet spread for balance and his hands around the ball. He aimed then threw it and the two watched as it sailed in a perfect arch straight into the hoop, scoring him his first point.

Jiyoon just rolled her eyes as Luhan continued until the game ended. He had only missed once and when he got the highest score of the day, he clasped his hands with her and jumped up and down like Jiyoon only minutes before. Kris had wandered over to them and watched them play, laughing to himself when the couple were cheering. He had seen the score and was sure he could beat it, so he stood behind them to surprise the two.

When they turned around, they bumped right into Kris. “How are you two getting along?” Kris asked, ruffling Jiyoon’s hair. She scrunched up her nose and punched his arm, and tried to fix her hair.

“Well, I got the highest score for today on this game,” Luhan replied, patting the machine proudly. Kris nodded along and crossed his arms.

“I bet I could beat your score,” he boasted, a smirk on his face.

The two raised their eyebrows and shrugged, and gave way to the leader who stood before the game and stretched a little. “They don’t call me the basketball ace for nothing, you know,” he said, picking up a ball and getting ready to aim. He threw the ball, and they all watched as the ball arched nicely only to hit the rim of the hoop and bounce away.

Luhan and Jiyoon laughed, “Are you sure… haha… about that title? Because… I think… it might actually… belong to someone else!” Jiyoon gasped out between her laughing.

Kris felt his cheeks warm and huffed, “I was only just getting warmed up!” He picked up another ball and threw again, this time getting it in. “See?”

“Alright, then try to beat Luhan’s score!” Jiyoon urged.

He picked up another ball and threw again, missing once again. His hands were still held in mid-air and he quickly put them down at his sides, looking flustered with his mistake. “Uh… let’s go see what the others are doing,” Kris muttered, shoving his hands in his pockets and quickly striding away. Well, that was a mistake, he thought to himself bitterly.

Luhan turned to Jiyoon and pointed his thumb at himself, “As you can see, I am way better than that giant over there.” Jiyoon only shook her head and pulled him along, following Kris to where the rest of EXO were playing. They were all gathered around a racing game where four of them were racing each other.

“What are you guys doing?” She asked, watching as Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun and Chen raced among themselves.

“Eh, we’re betting on who’s going to win and it seems Chanyeol is pretty good at it,” Tao answered from where he was leaning on the said person’s chair.

“Of course I am!” Chanyeol shouted happily, “Now shush and lemme concentra- GAH! Dammit! MOVE!” He growled after.

Everyone laughed and Kai’s gleeful look gave away that he was the one who had virtually bumped into Chanyeol’s car. They watched as Chanyeol gained a speed boost, just missing Kai’s car as he sped past with a laugh bordering maniacal. Suho watched on with a slight frown.

Sehun and Chen were racing after the other two, though it looked as if Sehun was coming last. Jiyoon n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter