Confession

Love Alone

 

“Ringggggg~~”

School was finally over. Students packed their stuff and left the classrooms hastily with excitement.

“Ji Yeon ah, do you want to go mall today? You have nothing on today right?” Ji Eun asked as she hooked her arm with yours.

“Erm…Sorry I’m not really feeling well so I wanna rest at home” You said while trying to sound tired and sick.

“What?! Are you okay? Why didn’t you tell us if you are sick?” Jin Wan was very worried and touched my forehead.

“Yes I’m fine. It’s just my stomach. Don’t worry” You smiled and reassured them.

“Alright, take care! We can hang out another day” Ji Eun patted my head.

*I’m really sorry Ji Eun and Jin Wan…I didn’t mean to lie to you but…I’m sorry.*

 

9:30 P.M

*Oops! I’d better get going or I will be late! I hope Jin Wan doesn’t find out that I’m going out…*

You grabbed your bag and rushed out of the gate.

 

You looked at your watch and realized it was already 10.10p.m.

“Argh! Where is Club Zinc?! I can’t seem to find it…” You groaned.

“Do you need help, miss?” A guy suddenly asked.

You turned to the direction of his voice and saw a tall and handsome teenage guy with fair skin and black straight hair.

“Oh…erm I’m sorry but do you know where Club Zinc is?” You asked softly, feeling rather embarrassed that he heard you complaining.

He let out a cute little laugh and said, “Sure, follow me.”

You followed him closely and arrived at the club after a short walk.

“Thank you” You said shyly and bowed to him.

“Welcome~” He grinned and entered the club.

You were a little surprised that he went in and entered after him.

 

You entered the club and saw people dancing and drinking everywhere. You did not know where to go so you stood at the door and scanned through the crowd looking for Joon.

“Hey!” Someone said as the person hit your shoulder lightly.

You turned around and saw Joon grinning. The moment you saw him, your heart started thumping a thousand times faster and you couldn’t think straight. You just stared at his beautiful features.

Joon waved his hand in front of your eyes, “Hello~ Why are you standing here? Not joining in the party?”

You just blinked at him.

Joon laughed slightly at your cuteness. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you onto the dance floor.

He started dancing with you. You were a little awkward and shy at first but soon you started dancing with him.

*Omg! I’m dancing with Joon! I can’t believe it! I wish this moment can last forever… *v**

After a while, you both got tired and Joon dragged you to the counter to drink something.

You can sense some people staring at you and you felt uncomfortable. But you shook it off because you wanted to enjoy every single moment with Joon. (You can’t spend time with him in school because of all the fangirls. This is the first time you are hanging out with him.)

“Joon…I’m sorry I was late just now…” You said shyly with your head down, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

“It’s okay. I’m not that petty, right?” Joon smiled as he put his hand on the side of your head, trying to make you look up and look into his eyes.

“Hey! Aren’t you the girl who got lost just now?” The bartender who was serving you said.

You turned around to look at him. “Oh, ne! You work here?”

You looked at his nametag and saw his name. “Hae...Won." you whispered under your breath.

“Yes haha. You are here to drink with your boyfriend? I’m sorry I shall not disturb you guys then. Bye.” Hae Won said cheekily and left.

“Ani…” You blushed uncontrollably once again and looked down.

Joon just giggled at your conversation.

“So you were late because you got lost?”

“Yes…” You admitted softly as you were embarrassed.

“Aigoo…you’re so cute!” Joon grinned at you.

You blushed even harder upon hearing that.

“Joon…I have something to say…”

“Go on~”

You gulped. “I like you”

“I know” Joon grinned.

“Do you like me?”

Joon stopped smiling and looked down. His reaction made you worry and you started regretting your decision to confess to him.

After a moment of silence, he finally said,

“I’m sorry. I can’t accept you.”

Upon saying that, Joon just walked away coldly.

Tears welled up in your eyes as you stared at his cold dark back slowly disappearing into the crowd. You felt as if your heart was torn apart. You did not know what to do and just froze there. You just hated yourself for deciding to confess to him.

Now everything is gone. You will never be able to talk to Joon like a friend anymore. He will never smile and say hello to you. Everything is just ruined.

*Why am I so stupid? Even if we can’t be together, we could at least be friends! I really shouldn’t have confessed…*

Tears streamed down your cheeks as you thought about all these.  You tried to wipe away your tears so that no one would notice.