Another side of Hyun Jin

Love Alone

 

The next day, everyone went snorkeling while you stayed in your room.

You were bored and decided to read a book to kill time.

There was a knock on the door and Hyun Jin came in to sit beside you.

“What are you doing here?” you asked, surprised.

“I’m supposed to accompany you.” He replied with a bored expression.

“Oh…” you continued reading your book.

As usual, the atmosphere became awkward and cold.

All you could hear was the sound of the waves crashing on to the shore.

This continued for some time until …

“Sorry.” He suddenly apologized.

You looked up from your book.

“Sorry about yesterday…”

“Its…okay…” you were shocked. You didn’t expect someone like him to apologize.

“The girl in the photo used to be my girlfriend…3years ago. My first love” He said.

“What about now?” You asked.

“We broke up. She betrayed me.”

“I’m sorry! I shouldn’t have asked you about this in the first place...”

“It’s okay.” Hyun Jin smiled.

“I really liked her. She was a nice and caring girl. She was my everything.” he paused.

“Hae Won and my parents warned me that she’s just using me. But I chose not to believe them, because I trusted her. I loved her so much. I almost fell out with Hae Won because of her. He kept telling me that she was two-timing me. I became pissed with him cos I thought he was just trying to spoil our relationship and I started ignoring him. But one day, I saw her with another guy. It was until then that I finally realized everything. She never liked me. She was just using me. The only thing she wanted was my money.” He explained.

You could see him controlling his tears. This was the first time you saw this side of him.

“It’s okay, you can cry if you want...there’s no one here except for the two of us…” you said, feeling rather sad for him.

Hyun Jin suddenly hugged you and started crying. You were surprised, but still you patted his back and his hair to comfort him…

Later…

“Thanks” he broke the hug and wiped his tears.

“No problem. I hope you’re feeling better now.” you smiled.

You scanned around the room looking for something to do and saw an x-box.

“Wanna play x-box??” you asked him, hoping this can cheer him up.

“No way, it’s childish.”

“Hehehe. You’re afraid you’ll lose to me right?” you chuckled and .

“YA! Who says I am? Fine let’s play. I bet you’ll lose to me.” He smirked.

The two of you started off playing a car racing game. You won the first round.

“Yeah!! I won~ hahaha! See!! I told you!” you stuck out your tongue at him and laughed out loud.

“Don’t be so arrogant! You won cos I let you win this round. I won’t be so nice next round!!” He replied, agitated.

Again, you won .

“AISH!! AGAINNNNNNNNN!!”

Time flew past really fast as the both of you had lots of fun playing the games and teasing each other. Before you realized, It was already dusk...

“Jin Jin ah~ Jiyeon ar~” A sweet voice called out. “We’re back!!”

“They’re back.” You said.

You stood up, but froze at the spot and looked down at your bandaged feet.

“Alright, I’ll carry you down…” Hyun Jin said reluctantly as he bent down for you to get on.

After dinner, you all went back to Seoul.

You were made to sit beside Hyun Jin while Hae Won, Ji Eun and Jin Wan sat together.

You were listening to music and looking out of the window.

Suddenly, you felt something heavy on your shoulder.

You turned to look and saw Hyun Jin’s head resting on your shoulder. He had fallen asleep.

You gazed at him while you thought of how much fun both of you had just now. You saw a different side of him that day. It was like being with a totally new person. That Hyun Jin was bright and cheerful, unlike the usual one who was always gloomy and indifferent towards you. You wished he could be like this every day.

Meanwhile, Hae Won saw the way you looked at Hyun Jin…

*I wish I was Hyun Jin…*he thought to himself.