Chapter 17

Love Alone

 

You woke up to the bright and warm rays of sunlight shining on your face. You sat up on your bed and stretched while yawning.

You rubbed your eyes sleepily and looked at the clock on the table beside your bed. It was 12 noon, Sunday, 26 June.

It was already the last week of summer holiday. Dang, time passes real fast when you’re having fun! LEnd of summer holiday means start of a new school term but most importantly – JASON IS GOING BACK TO AMERICA! You sighed and plopped your shoulders when you heard a knock on the door.

 “Ji Yeon ah~” Jason opened the door slightly and his head popped in. “Oh you’re awake! I was about to wake you up. Good morning!”

“Good morning oppa~” you smiled sleepily.

“We’re going to Lotte World today! Hurry and get changed! It’s noon already!”

“Ne~” you replied listlessly, still half-asleep.

“Come down for lunch after you have changed.” He smiled and left.

You washed up and changed into a casual outfit. You wore a plain white t-shirt with a pink checkered outerwear over it. You matched them with a pair of blue simple denim shorts and let your long brown and wavy hair down. After putting a little make-up, you proceeded downstairs for lunch.

As you walked down the stairs, you heard your brother chatting and laughing with 2 other people.

“Ji Eun! Jin Wan!” you immediately recognized their voices and ran down the stairs excitedly.

“Good Morning Ji Yeon~” Ji Eun beamed sweetly and greeted you with a hug.

“Good morning! ^^” Jin Wan hugged me too.

“Okay, let’s eat now! I cooked Soondaeguk (Pork Sausage Stew) today!” he grinned.

“YAY~~!” three of you cheered like little kids and rushed to the kitchen to be greeted by the nice aroma of soondaeguk. Yum~

You all dug in immediately and wolfed down your food as if you had not eaten for days.

“WAH…it’s heavenly! Hyung you should just be chef!” Jin Wan exclaimed with his mouth full of food.

“Of course! He’s my Jason oppa~ hehehe” Ji Eun giggled. Jin Wan continued gobbling down his food as if he heard nothing.

Suddenly, you slowed down and your eyes became teary. Jason was going back in a week and you don’t know when he will be back. You’ll miss him (and his food) sooo much…

“Ji Yeon ah, what’s wrong? You don’t like it?” Jason asked, concerned.

“No oppa…It’s just that…you’ll be leaving in a week and I will miss you so much…” you fought to hold back your tears.

Ji Eun saddened at your words too. Jin Wan looked at her through the corner of his eyes. He looked…hurt.

“Aw…it’s okay sis~” he cooed and my hair, “I can come back next year”

“Promise?” you looked at him.

“Yep!” he grinned and ruffled your hair.

“REALLY?! Omg yay!!” Ji Eun brightened up.

You beamed back and continued eating.

After eating, Ji Eun offered to help Jason wash the dishes while you and Jin Wan wiped the table.

Jin Wan stared at Ji Eun and Jason chatting happily and he kept wiping the same area without realizing it.

You laughed a little and nudged him playfully, giving him a cheeky smile. He saw it and blushed. He looked away embarrassed and wiped the other areas of the table.

After clearing up, you all left for Lotte World. It was 2pm by the time you arrived.

“Hey guys!” Jason waved to some people behind you. You turned around and were quite surprised but pleased to see Hae Won.

“Hae Won oppa! Hi!” you greeted him with a big grin.

“Hey Ji Yeon!” he ruffled your hair playfully.  But your grin faded away when Hyun Jin appeared from Hae Won’s back.

“Uh…Hello.” He waved a little and immediately shifted his gaze to somewhere else. You two were still awkward from the kiss last week…

“Oppa! Let’s start off with the roller coaster ride!” Ji Eun pointed at the BIG roller coaster ride and tugged Jason’s arm. It was HUGE and had lots of loops and twists and turns. Your mouth opened in awe as you looked up to the gigantic ride.

“Don’t open your mouth too wide.” Hyun Jin suddenly muttered without looking at you. You turned to look at him, confused. “Bugs may fly into your mouth.” He continued. You laughed slightly at this lame comment.

You all got on the ride and sat in pairs: Ji Eun with Jason right at the front, followed by you and Hyun Jin, then Jin Wan and Hae Won.

Before the ride started…

 “Are you scared?” Hyun Jin teased.

“Psh, of course not. Are you?” You smirked.

“Hehehe, of course not!” he smiled but he was gripping onto the safety bar tightly. He was obviously scared.

“Hahahahaha~” You laughed at him.

“What are you laughing- AHHHHHH!” the roller coaster took off and he screamed.

You weren’t scared at all but instead enjoyed the refreshing wind blow against your face. There were high pitched screams from the front and the back. The front one obviously belonged to Ji Eun and the back one belonged to… Jin Wan! LOL!

You couldn’t hold back but laughed at Hyun Jin  who was shouting at the top of his voice and trying to fix his hair; Jin Wan and Hae Won screaming their lungs out from the back throughout the ride, at the same time enjoying yourself.

After 3 minutes, the ride came to an end and you all got up from your seats.

“Woah that was fun” Hyun Jin pretended that he enjoyed the ride, trying to hide his fear.

Meanwhile, Jin Wan stumbled out of his seat. His legs were as wobbly as jelly and his face was blank.

“Ugh. How can such a big and tall guy be so cowardly?!”  Hae Won supported him reluctantly.

You giggled at their cuteness and all of you proceeded to the other rides.

Soon, it was evening and the amusement park was about to close. Sigh…time REALLY passes so quickly when you’re having fun. T_T

Just then, you saw a haunted house.

“Hey guys! Let’s go there before the amusement park closes!” you pointed at the haunted house excitedly.

“Okay!” Ji Eun and Jason chorused with enthusiasm.

“Aw…can we not go…?” Jin Wan pleaded.

“Then we’ll go in and you’ll stay here and wait for us.” Ji Eun smiled as she hooked her arm with Jason’s and pulled him to the haunted house.

Jin Wan’s blood boiled when he saw that. “NO! I’M COMING!” He shouted. He gulped and followed them into the haunted house.

“You sure you’re not scared?” Hyun Jin asked you one last time before entering.

“Yes I’m not! Stop asking. Well, it looks like you’re the one who’s scared~” you teased and poked his arm lightly. Both of you were not awkward anymore as you had so much fun and had completely forgotten about what happened last week.

He rolled his eyes at you and you two went in after Hae Won and Jin Wan.

“Ahhh~” you could hear Ji Eun’s screams.

“Ahhhhhh!” another high-pitched scream, coming from Jin Wan.

Hyun Jin started to get scared and he walked rigidly close to you.

Just then, a bloody hand popped out from the wall beside him and attempted to grab him.

“AHHH!” He grabbed your hand and jumped away from the hand, banging into you. Both of you flushed and he released his grip right away.

“If you’re scared, you can hold my hand.” You suggested.

“No, I’m fine.”

“Ahem” he cleared his throat. “Damn you!” he cursed the hand.

After walking a short distance, a white figure with long black hair covering its face ‘floated’ past you.

“Woah!” you jumped back, a little startled.

“AHHH!” Hyun Jin screamed again. “F U!”

He unknowingly grabbed your hand tight.

He kept cursing the ghosts and props all the way, probably to hide his fear. You just kept laughing at his reactions.

Finally, after what seemed like eternity to Hyun Jin and Jin Wan, you all exited the haunted house.

You and Jason were laughing and talking about how fun it was while Jin Wan’s face was white with fear. He had beads of sweat on his temples too.

Hae Won was scared too, but not to that extent.

“I can’t believe you guys aren’t scared! That was the scariest haunted house I’ve ever been to!” Hae Won exclaimed.

“It’s probably in their genes. Both brother and sister are fearless.” Ji Eun added and grinned.

“Hey let’s go eat dinner now~” Jason suggested, “Let’s have Chinese cuisine!”

Everyone agreed and followed him to the restaurant nearby.