Chapter 11

Love Alone

 

At the cafeteria

“Look at Ghun! He’s so handsome!!” Ji Eun shrieked with excitement as both of you looked at X-5’s pictures while having lunch.

“Yes!! Taefung!! Kyaa!! So cute!!” You shrieked too.

Jin Wan was confused as he didn’t know what you guys were so crazy about. He just raised his eyebrows at you and continued eating.

While the both of you were engrossed in looking at your idols’ pictures, a head suddenly popped out between you out of nowhere.

“What are you guys looking at?” the person said.

Both of you turned to look and screamed as you were startled.

“Ya Hae Won! You gave me a shock!” you slapped his shoulder.

“Hahaha!” he laughed. He found a spot beside Jin Wan and sat down.

“Aren’t you sitting down?” Hae Won looked at someone behind you and asked.

You turned around and were quite surprised to see Hyun Jin. He randomly sat beside you as it was the nearest seat to him.

“Why are you two here?!” Ji Eun asked, rather shocked to see them in school for the first time.

“We study here. Isn’t it obvious?” Hae Won pointed to his uniform and chuckled.

“How come we’ve never seen you in school before?” you were puzzled. You have been in this school for over a year and it’s not possible to not have seen them.

“I don’t know. Maybe you didn’t take notice of us cos we didn’t know each other. Besides, we don’t come down for lunch usually. We would be sleeping in class keke. We specially came down today to look for you guys.” He explained and smiled.

 “By the way, aren’t you guys gonna eat?”

“Nope…we usually don’t eat during this timing…we sleep you see…” he replied, giving you the sleepy look.

“Oh…I’m sorry that I disturbed your sleep...” You apologized, feeling guilty.

“Nah, it’s okay~” he grinned.

“I have a yoghurt bar. Do you want it?” You said as you took it out from your pocket and gave it to Hae Won.

“Oh sure! Thanks!!” he took it from you and started munching on it.

Hyun Jin looked at you.

“What?” you asked.

“Where’s mine?”

“Er…sorry I only have one.” You replied feeling a little sorry.

“… Biased.” He rolled his eyes and looked away.

“Hehehe. Someone’s jealous~” Ji Eun giggled and teased Hyun Jin.

“YA! Who’s jealous?!” Hyun Jin replied, agitated.

He rolled his eyes again and folded his arms.

“Aw my dear Jin Jin, don’t be jealous. Want some?” Hae Won handed him a half-eaten yoghurt bar.

“Eww no! Disgusting!” Hyun Jin pushed the bar back to him.

“Jin Jin?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!” the three of you burst into laughter.

“Yup. That’s what his parents and I call him. Kekeke” Hae Won chuckled.

Hyun Jin glared at Hae Won for embarrassing him and ignored all of you.

“Oh oh! Tomorrow is Hyun Jin father’s birthday. Auntie told me to invite you three to come join us at the resort for celebration!” Hae Won changed the topic.

You three agreed with excitement.

 

After  school…

You went to get a birthday present with Haewon.

“What did you buy for him?” you asked.

“I bought him a tie.”

“Oh…then what should I buy?” you scratched your head.

“Buy him a watch then! I can help you choose.”

“Oh! Great idea! Thanks!”

After browsing for a long time, both of you finally found a suitable watch for Hyun Jin’s father and decided to buy it.

On the way back home, you two passed by an ice cream shop and decided to get some ice cream.

You bought chocolate flavored ice cream while Hae Won bought cookies and cream and continued walking back while eating and chatting randomly.

Suddenly, Hae Won stopped and stared at your face.

“What’s wrong? Is there something on my face?” you wiped your mouth.

“It’s on your nose.” He grinned and took out a piece of tissue. He leaned in towards you and wiped the ice cream on your nose.

“Done.” He smiled and pinched your nose.

All of a sudden, his smile turned into a serious expression. He gazed into your eyes intently.

Your stared back at him, wondering what he was looking at.

Just then, Hyun Jin’s voice appeared out of nowhere.

“What are you guys doing?”

Hae Won pulled away immediately and stuttered, “I-I was just-just wiping ice-cream off her nose.”

He looked away and blushed.

“Now there’s ice cream all over your hands.” Hyun Jin raised his eyebrows and pointed at both of your hands.

“Oh !” Hae Won took out more tissue and started wiping your hands, followed by his own.

After which, the three of you walked home together.