The First Visit

Love Alone

 

 You were walking to the school gate after school alone as your two friends went off to the arcade.

When you reached the gate, you saw Hyun Jin waiting by his motorbike.

“Hyun Jin? Why are you here?” you walked to him and asked.

“I’m here to pick you up. My mother wants to go shopping with you.” He replied and passed you a helmet.  You got on and hold on to his shoulder. The two of you set off to the mall.

When you were about to reach the mall, Hyun Jin suddenly grabbed your hands and put it around his waist. You were startled and tried to remove your hands, but he put your hands around his waist again. You gave up and played along.

 

In the mall…

You and Hyun Jin walked into the mall and saw his mother.

“Ji Yeon ah~!” she ran towards you excitedly and hugged you.

“I’ve not seen you for almost a week. How have you been honey? Aigoo…my poor baby. You look so tired! Look at those eyebags!” She caressed your cheeks and pouted.

Hyun Jin frowned, disgusted by the both of you.

“I’m fine, imo” you chuckled, laughing at her youthfulness.

“No! I have told you so many times, call me Umma!” she grinned as she patted you head.

“Ne, umma” you grinned back.

“That’s right! Come, let’s start shopping!” she exclaimed as she dragged you into an apparel shop.

 

It was almost 7p.m when you stopped shopping.

“Umma, I had a great time with you today. But I’ve to go back home to prepare for work.”

“Oh no honey, you don’t have work anymore from today onwards. Look at how tired you are. My heart aches to see you like this. Come, let’s go home to have dinner together!” she grinned as she your hair.

“Dinner??” your eyes widened. Hyun Jin too was shocked to hear that.

“Yes! Come on! You’ll go home with Hyun Jin. His dad is coming up to pick me”

 

During dinner

Hyun Jin’s parents were excited about your first visit. They shot the both of you lots of questions.

“How old are you?” his mother smiled.

“I’m 18” you smiled back.

“Where are you schooling at?”

“Hongdae High School”

“Really? That means I’m your senior! I never knew” Hae Won added and grinned.(Hyun Jin already knew but he just kept quiet.)

“That’s great! This way, my Hyun Jin can fetch you to and fro from school every day!” his mother exclaimed, excited at the idea. You smiled and nodded, but Hyun Jin sighed and glared at you.

“When did you two start dating?” his father continued.

I was shocked at this question and didn’t know what to reply. I looked at Hyun Jin for an answer.

“2 months” he replied calmly. You heaved a sigh of relief.

 

After dinner, Hyun Jin’s mother told him to bring you to his room. So he brought you upstairs and showed you to his room.

It was unexpectedly neat and tidy. Hyun Jin sat down in front of his computer once he entered his room and started doing his own stuff, leaving you by yourself.

*Jerk. Is this how you treat a guest?*You pouted and just explored the room by yourself.

As you were walking towards his bed, something caught your attention. It was his elementary school graduation photo.

You went over to pick it up and burst into laughter. He was chubby, had centre-parted hair and wore nerdy glasses. You can’t help but laugh uncontrollably till you almost cried.

Hyun Jin heard you laugh and walked towards you. You hid the photo immediately behind your back.

“Ya what are you laughing at? Give me that thing.” He stretched out his hands, demanding you to give him what you were hiding.

You burst into another round of laughter when you saw him and compared his current looks to his elementary one in your head. It was hilarious to think that such a handsome guy was actually a nerd last time.

Hyun Jin looked at the table beside his bed and realized that that photo was missing. He knew you were laughing it.

“Aish!” he groaned as he tried to snatch the photo from you. “Give it back to me!!”

You ran around his room as he chased you around. You by showing him the picture and sticking out your tongue.

Suddenly, you tripped over something and fell backwards.

Hyun Jin tried to pull you but he fell with you instead.

You landed on his bed with him on top of you. Your faces were only centimetres apart and you could feel his hot breath. Your eyes widened and your heart raced.

His eyes widened too and the two of you froze in that position in shock for a few seconds.

Meanwhile..

Hae Won was bored in his own room and decided to look for you and Hyun Jin.

“Hey guys!” He burst into the room cheerfully, but what he saw killed his mood instantly. He felt as if a knife pierced right through his heart.

“So-sorry” he closed the door immediately and ran out.

You pushed Hyun Jin away and ran after Hae Won.

You found him sitting at the balcony and went up to sit beside him. He rubbed his tears away secretly when he realized you came.

“Oh Ji Yeon ah. Sorry about just now…” he said cheekily, trying to act normal and hiding his true feelings.

“IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!!” you shouted at him anxiously, trying hard to clear the misunderstanding.

“Okay okay! Shhhh! Chill!” Hae Won gestured wildly for you to calm down.

 “Oh. I’m sorry…but it was really just an accident! It’s not what you think, believe me!”

“Okay okay I believe you” he smiled. “Do you like Hyun Jin?”

“No! Of course not! He’s such a jerk. I will never, EVER fall for him” you started complaining to him about how he has been ignoring you.

“Oh! By the way, have you seen his elementary graduation photo?”

“OH! Yes! It’s super funny!!” Hae Won exclaimed.

Hae Won even parted his fringe to the center and stuffed himself with air to make himself look chubbier and fatter. The two of you started laughing your hearts out as you made fun of him.

“Ji Yeon” a voice suddenly interrupted. You turned around and saw Hyun Jin standing at the sliding door.

“It’s time for you to go home. My parents told me to send you home.”

“Ugh. The jerk just spoilt our fun!” you whined to Hae Won and pouted.

“Haha it’s okay! I’ll see you tomorrow!” he giggled at your cuteness.

“Oh…I forgot to tell you that I won’t be working at the bar anymore from today onwards…” you told him sadly.

“It’s okay! Remember, we’re attending the same school! See you~” He smiled as he ruffled your hair.

“Are you guys done? I’m waiting.” Hyun Jin rushed you impatiently.

“I’m coming” you groaned as you grinned and waved goodbye to Hae Won.

 

Before you slept, you kept thinking of the accident that happened in Hyun Jin’s room earlier. You blushed and your heart started beating faster as you thought about it.

*Omg! Why did I blush? And why did my heart race?! *