Tired.

Love Alone

One week later..

“Park Ji Yeon?” Mr. Kim who was marking the class attendance called out into the lethargic atmosphere of the classroom.

You were sleeping soundly and did not hear him at all.

“Ji Yeon ah! Raise your hand! Mr. Kim is calling you!” Ji Eun whispered from back as she tapped on your shoulder with a pen.

Mr. Kim walked towards you. He stopped beside your table and lowered his body.

“Park Ji Yeon!” he roared into your ears.

You woke up with a jump and finally realized the situation.

“Ne…” you answered listlessly.

“If I catch you sleeping in class again, you will stay back for detention!” Mr. Kim warned.

 

Soon it was recess. The three of you went to the cafeteria to eat as usual.

Ji Eun and Jin Wan stared at you as you ate your lunch tiredly.

“Ji Yeon ah…why are so tired nowadays? Are you feeling unwell?” Ji Eun finally asked with concern as she touched your forehead.

“I’m alright. It’s just because I have been staying up late to watch dramas nowadays” you smiled.

Jin Wan raised his eyebrows. “Since when were you interested in dramas?”

“Since last week” you grinned and continued eating your food, hoping that they would not suspect you.

Ji Eun and Jin Wan looked at each other suspiciously and knew that something was not right. But they pretended as if they did not know and continued with their lunch as well.

Just then, Joon appeared beside your table.

“I need to talk to you, Ji Yeon. Can you come with me?” He asked you.

“Ya! Can’t you talk here? Why must you talk with her privately? What are you up to?!” Ji Eun slammed the table and tried to stand up but you stopped her.

“It’s okay, Ji Eun. I will be fine.” You put your hand on Ji Eun’s shoulder, reassuring her and left with Joon.

 

“Do you believe her?” Ji Eun asked Jin Wan once you left.

“Of course not! She was never into dramas since young…you know that too right?”

“I know right! Remember the last time I asked her to watch a drama with me, she refused because she said it was lame…”

“Something is definitely wrong…I think she’s hiding something from us”

“But why would she do that? She’s never lied to us…”

“We have to investigate.”

Ji Eun and Jin Wan both nodded and paused, trying to come up with a plan.

Ji Eun’s face lit up suddenly when she thought of a brilliant plan.

“Hey! Let’s stalk her.” She said.

“Stalk? Are you sure this is a good idea…”

Before Ji Eun could explain further, they saw you walking back to your seat.

“That’s it. Call me when Ji Yeon has entered her house. I’ll come to your house.” Ji Eun said.

When you got back, Jieun and Jinwan continued to eat and acted as if nothing happened.

 

Meanwhile you and Joon...

“What do you want?” you asked without looking at him.

“I noticed that you’ve been looking very tired since last week…why?” he asked with concern.

“Nothing. I’m fine.” You replied indifferently without making eye contact with him.

Joon paused for a few seconds.

“Is it because of me?” he asked with a sigh.

You looked up instantly, rather shocked as you didn’t expect him to say that.

“No it’s not because of you. Don’t worry.” You forced a smile.

“Then what's the reason? I'm extremely worried about you...I've never heard about you sleeping in class..” He continued to ask.

*Why is he worried about me? I thought he doesn’t like me? What’s up with him? *

“Okay, it's okay if you don't wanna tell me. Let’s go back to eat then” he said.

You smiled back and walked back into the cafeteria with him.