Returning the favour

Love Alone

 

At the hospital..

While waiting for Hyun Jin to regain consciousness, you fell asleep by his bed.


After a while, Hyun Jin woke up and saw you sleeping. He gazed dreamingly at you.

You woke up to find him staring at you.

He felt embarrassed and turned away.

“Ar-Are you okay? I’m sorry…” you said, feeling guilty and apologetic.

“It’s okay. I’m fine.” He replied.

There was a moment of silence and the atmosphere was awfully awkward.

“I’ll…I’ll go get something for you to eat” you tried to break away from the awkwardness and stood up to leave the ward.

“No it’s okay.” Hyun Jin grabbed your wrist to stop you from going.

Just then, the door burst open.

“Hyun Jin ah!! My baby!!” a middle-aged couple rushed into the room anxiously. You assumed they were his parents.

 “Are you alright?!” she cried as she sat on Hyun Jin’s bed and caressed his cheeks.

“Umma! I’m okay!” he said, irritated. He pulled his mother’s hands away immediately, feeling embarrassed.

“What happened to you?!” His father sat on the other side of his bed and brushed his hair.

“Ugh. I’m okay! Stop acting like this! IT'S JUST A MINOR INJURY!” he rolled his eyes, annoyed.

You giggled at the scene but stopped when Hyun Jin glared at you. You turned to leave since his parents were here to take care of him.

Just then..

“Hyun Jin’s girlfriend! Where are you going?” his father called you before you could leave.

“Ani!! I’m not his girlfriend!!” You waved your hands violently and tried to clear the misunderstanding.

“What are you saying? You are my girlfriend.” Hyun Jin said.

Your eyes widened and your jaws dropped when you heard that.

*What?! Has he lost his mind?!*

His parents laughed at your cuteness.

“Come on dear, don’t be shy” his mother smiled as she pulled you beside the bed. “Introduce yourself!”

“An-annyeonghaseyo. I’m Park Ji Yeon…” you stuttered.

“Son, you’ve finally got yourself a girlfriend! ” his father teased as he ruffled his hair.

“A pretty one!” his mother added.

Hyun Jin faked a smile to please his parents.               

“Yeobo, let’s go. I still have some things to settle.” His father hinted and gestured for his mother to leave to room.

“Oh yes! See you later honey. Bye!” his mother planted a kiss on Hyun Jin’s cheek.

“Bye Ji Yeon!” they waved before rushing out of the ward.

You smiled at them and waved back.

“YA Hyun Jin! Why did you do that?!” you shouted at him the moment his parents left.

“Sorry, I had no choice. I’m sick and tired of them pairing me up with other girls. It’s irritating.”

“So…you want me to act as your girlfriend?”

“Yes, but only in front of my parents.” He emphasized. “If you want to return me the favour, this is the least you can do.”

“Okay…”you agreed since he had helped you twice and you wanted to repay him.