Chapter 7

Destiny

Kana POV

I woke up the next day and I hoped that I wouldn't have to deal with any Infinite guys today. I only have two classes today--thankfully--one for dance and one for singing. I got dressed in a dark blue v-neck, grey check-patterned high-waisted shorts, and a long, black cardigan. My dance clothes were folded neatly in my bag along with a water bottle, my ohone, keys, etc. I petted my cat Yuri goodbye before leaving my apartment to go get breakfast. 

My first class starts at 10 and it is only 8:30 now. Good, I said to myself. I went to the coffee shop I always go to and bowed to the ahjumma at the front counter. I ordered a hot chocolate, chocolate chip muffin, and a banana. I paid the guy at the register for my food when he winked at me. I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time this week, got my food, and left to go find a seat reasonably far away from him. 

I headed toward my usual seat in the corner, but when I turned the corner I saw some guy sitting there already. I frowned but then sighed. I wasn't going to ask this man to just move because I always sit there. I'm not important enough to make someone move for me anyway. I started to look around for an alternative seat but before I could get a good look, I got tapped on the shoulder. I turned to see the guy who was sitting in the seat just now, Hoya. Oh great.

 

Hoya POV

I walked into the coffee shop craving food before my first class. "You can't not eat," my mother once told me. I ordered a hot chocolate and a banana nut muffin, paid, and went to find a cozy seat to relax in before my class which was in two hours. I found a corner seat in the back which I took instantly. I munched on some of my muffin, drank a little of my hot chocolate and felt extremely relaxed. I pulled out a book from my dance bag and read in total relaxation.

However, my relaxation was short-lived since I saw from the corner of my eye a figure standing near my seat. I heard a sigh and I looked up to see the girl who rejected me twice yesterday, whose name I still dont know. She was looking around but I saw her face had a slight look of disappointment. I thought about it and I realized I might be in her seat or something. I looked around to see if her name was anywhere but saw nothing. I assumed that she either wanted to just sit here or sat here usually. I felt kind of bad seeing her face like that, so I stood up and tapped her on the shoulder. She slightly frowned but I ignored it. 

"Um, hey there. Did you want to sit here?" I asked her. Her face became kind of surprised and she only nodded. "Then you can take it." She was still surprised but her eyes widened this time. She wasn't moving so I kind of pushed her towards the seat. "A-are you sure I can sit here? You don't mind?" she asked. Now it was my turn to be surprised. Her voice was like an angel's--soft and delicate. I just nodded my head and she sat down. I grabbed my stuff out of her way and looked for a new seat.

"Um, Hoya-sshi." I turned back at the mention of my name to see her looking straight in my eyes. "Thank you for the seat." I held eye contact for a few seconds before she looked away and started eating her food. "Y-you're welc-come," I stuttered out and fled to my seat which was only a few seats away from her. I took a deep breath because I guess I was out of breath. I hadn't quite noticed as much during the dance class, but she is beautiful. She is definitely not a queenka from the way she is, no make-up and regular clothes. But my word is she pretty. And she dances freaking amazing. 

I remembered her behavior from yesterday though. How is she all cold yesterday but today really, well, not? I looked at her eyes and saw the same distant look from yesterday. How is she the same, but different? I stared at her--not caring if it was creepy--and just admired her beauty. I liked her normal clothes, her plain face, her long hair. She has natural beauty and I can't help but think that I'm developing a crush on her. A crush on her beauty and dancing skill. A crush on her. 

 

Kana POV 

Hoya was giving his seat up. To me. Just because...what?  He was being a genuinly nice person, even though I hadn't even asked him to move. Did he want something from me? He just gave it up. No big deal. I sat down after making sure it was actually okay and just ate my food like normal. Except he was staring at me. I could feel it. I sighed. He does want something from me. But what? I felt very awkward but hid it, hoping he would stop soon enough. But he didn't. He just stared and stared and I was getting kind of fed up with his creepiness.

I snapped my head over in his direction and I glared at him. Since he was considerably close to where I was seated, I said,"Stop staring at me." I didn't bother with a please because it's rude to stare anyway. I don't care if he just gave up his seat for me, because he needs to stop now. His cheeks got slightly pink and he looked away. I sighed in relief and went back to my food. I finished my muffin and checked my phone for the time. Seeing that it was already 9:10, I got up from my seat and left. I got in my car and started driving to Woolim University hoping that Hoya would be the only Infinite encounter I had today. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong!! I have another update for you guys! Yay! I think it's better than the last chapter...I think. Anyway I have another IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am going to be gone for another week! D: but I might actually be able to update this time! So hopefully we'll see. I'm leaving tomorrow so this will be the latest update until I see if I can update in Las Vegas! Thank you!!