Chapter 20

Destiny

Guess who's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack~ :)

-----------------

Author POV

Kana woke up around the afternoon time. For a while, she just laid in her bed and stared at the ceiling, pondering what she could do about her situation. She was cheating on the man she was falling in love with with the man she was in love with. As a matter of fact, she starting to fall in love with both of them. 

The thing that bothered her most, however, was that if she was in love with Hoya, how could she forget him? How could she have been in a relationship with Sunggyu before she got into the car accident, but have been in love with Hoya? And--she noticed this in the hospital--if she was in the car accident, why was she the only one who wasn't hurt?

She was starting to question the truth. What was the truth to be exact? If only she could remember. A tear formed in her eye and slowly rolled down her cheek. She tried to show everything was fine, but for some reason, thinking about everything now made her feel like her world was falling apart. 

Just as she was about to break down, her doorbell rang. She hastily wiped her face and pulled on an over-sized sweater--she wore a tank top and sweat pants to sleep. She quickly tied her hair up in a bun and pulled on her glasses. 

Kana pulled open the door to see Sunggyu and Hoya standing in front of her. Stunned, she just opened the door wide as they both smiled and walked into her home. She led them to the couch and left to go make some tea. 

As she returned, she noticed the smiles they once had were now gone. Only a look of seriousness was left.

"Guys, what are you doing here?" she asked. 

"Kana, I can't believe you would do this to me. How could you love another man when you have me?" Sunggyu asked.

Exasperated, Kana tried to explain but was cut off by Hoya who said, "Why can't you just love me? Leave him so we can be together. You loved me before you him anyway."

"But we've been together now and I know you love me. You have to choose me. You can't just leave me for him like this," Sunggyu said.

A whirlwind of thoughts cast around Kana's brain.

You're being selfish. How could you do this to Sunggyu? What about Hoya? Don't you know right from wrong? This is just like the past. Don't you realize the bad things you're doing? You might as well just leave them both so someone else can have them and you'll all be happy/

You'll all be happier.

--

Kana shot up from her bed with sweat rolling down from her forehead. She clutched her chest as she was breathing heavily and was trying to calm her herself down. She checked the time and saw it was eleven AM. She had been asleep for about two hours. 

She quickly got up and went go drink some water. On her way to the kitchen, her phone rang. Still on edge from her dream, she jumped. Calming down once more, she picked up her phone. 

"Hello?" Hey Kana-sshi, it's Hoya. "Oh, hello Hoya-sshi. How are you?" I'm good. And you? "I'm doing fine. What's up?" Just checking up on you. And I miss you. Also, I was curious if you wanted to hang out today?  "Oh. Uh, sure. When?" How's twelve? "Sounds good to me." I'll text you my address, okay? I'll see you in a bit." Alrighty. Bye Kana-sshi.

Ending the phone call, her dream popped back in her mind again. What in the world was that right now? What did I mean by "This is just like the past?" What happened in the past that was so important?

Shaking everything off, she texted her address to Hoya and quickly went to take a shower. After, she got dressed in a light blue, collared dress and white knit cardigan. She put in her contacts and wrapped her hair up into a neat bun, putting a white bow ribbon on top. As she was gathering her things in her purse, the doorbell rang.

She ran to the door, slipped on her black flats, and took a deep breath before casually opening the door. She was greeted by a smiling Hoya with a bunch of white roses in his hands. She felt her heart melt a little at the kind act. 

"I hope you don't mind, but I got you some flowers," he said while smiling shyly.

Smiling, she just shook her head and leaned up to give him a kiss on the cheek. "They're beautiful," she replied.

Hoya smiled at the fact that she gave him a kiss and held out his arm for her to take, asking "Shall we go?" Hooking her arm into his, she happily replied "We shall!" After quickly placing the roses on the closest table, to be tended to later, they walked to the car. Hoya opened the door for her and jokingly said, "Milady," while bowing slightly. Going along with it, Kana made a small curtesy and said, "Why thank you good sir." 

As they were driving, Kana felt at ease in the comfortable atmosphere Hoya seemed to make whenever he was around. She smiled to herself and let out a small, pleasant sigh. Trying to simply push back the memory of her dream that somehow managed to swim back to the front of her thoughts, she asked Hoya, "Where are we going?" 

Putting a finger over his lips, he said, "It's a secret." Trying to pry the answer out of him, Kana started pouting and acting cutely. "But oppa~" she said. The word "Oppa" sent a tingling feeling throughout Hoya's whole body and almost made him tell her everything, but he fought very hard to hold back. Forcing himself not to even look at her, he replied, "I-I'm not telling you!"

Seeing how hard he was trying not to spill everything to her, Kana smirked but let it go. Instead she sat back and enjoyed the smooth car ride, eventually falling asleep. At a stop light, Hoya looked over to Kana's sleeping figure and gazed at her with loving eyes. He carefully brushed her bangs out of her eyes and quickly took off his jacket to lay it on top of her before continuing driving to the destination he had planned for their date.

Not long after, the car pulled up to a small restaurant. Hoya got out of the car and went around to the passenger side to wake up Kana. He opened her door and undid her seatbelt before gently shaking her to try and wake her up. 

"Kana-sshi~ We're here~ wake up~" Hoya cooed. Kana scrunched up her face and turned to her side with her back facing Hoya. Hoya chuckled at how cute Kana was when she's was sleeping. He remembered the day where they fell asleep on the bench and made a small smile. 

He slowly turned her head so her face was toward him and gave her a kiss. Her eyes shot open in surprise and before she could respond, he released her and backed up. He lent his hand out to her to help her get out of the car with a huge cheeky smile on his face. She at first didn't move but after registering what happened, shot up out of the car with her cheeks blushing furiously. She smacked his hand out of the way and made her way to the entrance.

Laughing at how embarrassed she was, Hoya quickly shut the door and locked the car before running up to her and intertwining their fingers. Still embarrassed, Kana didn't look at him no matter how hard he tried to put his face into her line of sight. 

Hoya swung their hands as they were walking to show he was happy and Kana just went along with it without saying anything. They soon entered the restaurant and were seated. Wanting to start a conversation, Hoya asked, "So how was your nap?" 

Kana didn't answer because she was too busy looking around the quaint little restaurant. It had a "home" type of quality to it and it felt so cozy to her. An ahjumma walked up to their table and placed down multiple side dishes, one of which was kimchi that looked fresh and inviting. Hoya, watching Kana closely, smiled a little at how she was looking around and marveling the restaurant that she, unknowingly, had been to before.

Kana snapped out of all her examining when Hoya said, "You know, this place is known to have the best kimchi. It's homemade." "Really?? It looks really good..." she said back. 

Hoya only smiled and started looking at the menu. He prayed in his head that the Infinite guys wouldn't show up like last time, but a part of him also wished maybe if they did come, it could bring back some of Kana's memories. 

As if right on cue, the door jingled and the Infinite boys poured in one after the other. However this time, they ducked quickly to the left into one of the private rooms. Hoya, as he was facing the door and Kana had her back to the door, saw this and was curious why they would go there since they never usually did unless they were drinking. But considering it was barely 12:30 in the afternoon, Hoya knew something was up. 

After ordering, Hoya kept trying to make small talk but his mind kept wandering to the closed doors and his best friends all sitting behind them. He tried not to make it obvious he wasn't distracted, but Kana was keen to notice the little things, since to her, it was the little things that mattered the most. She wasn't mad, but rather concerned at what could be troubling Hoya. In her mind, she was okay with not being thought of 24/7 and so all she felt was that Hoya must have something on his mind if he's not giving his full attention. 

 

Kana POV

I wonder if Hoya is okay...He's asked me the same question twice already and I don't even think he's noticed one bit. I won't correct him because maybe he just wasn't paying attention or forgot, but he usually isn't like this. Maybe something is bothering him? His eyebrows keep furrowing every now and then, which means he's probably thinking about something. Maybe if I give him some space he'll be able to think clearly without being bothered by having to talk to me. Yea, good idea Kana. Let's do that. Now stop talking to yourself. It's weird. Yes, ma'am. Wait stop. Okay. Wait. Ugh stupid.

"Hoya-sshi" I finally said. "A-Ah yea?" he replied, looking up at me from his thoughts. "I'm going to go to the bathroom really quickly. Let me know if the food arrives if I'm still not back before then, yea?" "Oh okay. Hurry back..." he replied, his face falling a little that I was leaving him even though it was just to the bathroom and I'll be back. Silly cute thing. 

I got up and took my phone with me as I headed toward the bathroom. The bathrooms were located next to the private sections, so I felt like I should try not to make too much noise in order not to bother those in the rooms. I noticed one of the private rooms had their door closed, meaning it was in use, so I tried to stay as silent as possible. 

I was slowly walking by before I heard my name being mentioned. I froze and kept my ears open, in case I misheard. I mean, there's plenty of other Kanas in the world, right? But then I heard a familiar voice say my name again, to which I became curious. The voice kept talking and I registered it as Sungjong's, a voice so easily recognizable to me since I heard it at work almost daily. But why would he be talking about me...?

I soon heard other men's voices that I could only determine were the rest of Infinite minus Hoya. I tried to peek through the small slit through the doors only to see someone sit down right in front of my line of sight. Quietly puffing my cheeks in frustration at that person, I pressed my ear instead to the door to hear a little better. 

"I don't know, hyung. I just don't think it's good to lie to someone like this. She's bound to remember sooner or later. Just because she blocked out her own memories doesn't mean that they won't end up finding their way back to her" I heard Sungjong say. Confused on what they were talking about, I continued listening. 

"It's not like we entierely have a choice, now do we? She blocked her own memories. On her will. How exactly are we supposed to do anything about that? Tell her she felt so bad about falling in love with Hoya because of some reason that she forced herself to forget him but then ended up forgetting practically everything? I don't think so dude" another voice said. 

Hearing that, I made a small, inaudible gasp. I made myself forget everything? This was...all my fault? Suddenly the world started to spin and my head got dizzy. I fell to my knees on the ground as I held my pounding head. Thousands upon thousands of memories came flooding back and I started to remember every reason why and every explanation of who I was. 

All the memories came back that it overflowed my brain, and I collapsed. With blurred vision and in slow motion like some movie scene, I saw the doors slide open and people rushing to me. I heard shouting, but I couldn't make out what the words were. For a split second, I thought I heard myself say

I remember.

------------------

Hellooooooooooooooo. It's been over 3 years since I last edited this. I'M SO SORRY ㅠㅠ. I meant to update but I just never got to and then I became busy with life and I know these are all just excuses and so all I can sincerely say is, I'm sorry. Thank you to those who subscribed, I love you with all my heart for reading this story. Here is the latest update!! Kana finally remembers everything, so now what? Tune in to find out :D