Chapter 4

Destiny

I'M BAAAAAACK!!!!!!! Did you miss me? haha here's an update for the week that I was gone! Thank you for staying with my story! I love you all!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kana POV

I walked into the class and just sat down at the desk in the back, avoiding anyone else and Kim Sunggyu. I don't need more Infinite people bothering me so I hope he'll respect that. I plugged my headphones into my ears and just sat listening to some classical music to calm me down. I put my head on the table and closed my eyes, falling asleep since the class didn't start for another 30 minutes. I was being shaken awake after a while and grumpily opened my eyes to see Kim Sunggyu waking me up. "Umm, please wake up. The class is about to start in five minutes," he said. I glared at him and mumbled a quick "thanks" before sitting up straight and putting my headphones and phone away. 

I looked at my class and saw there were about seventeen other kids in the class. An actual regular sized class, I thought to myself. Our first assignment was to write a few lyrics to the picture that she handed out to us. She started handing out different pictures that the photography class apparently took earlier today and we started writing immediately. My picture was a black and white picture of a guy who is admitably good-looking.

I studied the picture (which was "shockingly" taken by a girl in the class) and started writing my lyrics. The lyrics had no real shape of any sort but I could tell they were good. The teacher told us time's up and we were now supposed to present them along with the picture and explain why we wrote what we wrote and how they relate to the picture. A girl went up first announcing her name and then presenting. Then a guy, then another guy, then Kim Sunggyu. He held up his picture of beautiful flowers blooming

and recited his lyrics:

 

I sometimes walk and stop
I look around and our eyes meet
I quickly turn my head away
I look at my toes and
then slowly look up
 
My eyes that get larger
My lips that open up slightly
My heart rings in my ears
 
60 seconds is all I need for this story
You came into my heart
I don’t doubt it
That you took me away
The time that wasn’t short
You’re that kind of person
A story that’s enough for me
I don’t need any reasons
You made my heart flutter and look for you
That first time
 
Your voice breaks off
Your tears that slowly build up
and fall over
I hold you with my chest
and stay there for a long time
then slowly push you away
 
My empty eyes
My two lips that are at a loss for words
My heart stops at your sigh                   
 
(Kim Sunggyu "60 seconds")
 
I was in awe. His lyrics were beautiful and I was shocked he could get that from his picture. He then continued to explain his lyrics. "This photo has focus mainly on this one outstanding tulip. I focused on the one tulip and it became all I wanted to look at. Like all the other tulips were just there, and the one tulip was all I could think about. And then I imagined that the tulip was a girl who stood out from the crowd and I went from there." I didn't realize he was looking at me and I quickly looked away from him. What the heck? 
 
 
Sunggyu POV
I saw that girl from earlier walk in and man, she is pretty. I was surprised she rejected Hoya and I got a text from Woohyun telling all about what he tried to do. I swear Woohyun is insane sometimes...she walked all the way to back of the class and fell asleep listening to music. I decided if she didn't wake up five minutes before class started, I'd go and wake her up. I wasn't going to try to hit on her, by all means no. I just want to be friendly with her.
 
The minutes passed and she didn't wake up yet so I got up and did what I planned. I shook her gently and tried to be gentle with her. However, I realized I didn't even know her name which made things a little awkward for me. "Umm, please wake up. The class is about to start in five minutes," I said. She opened her eyes and I felt a jolt through my body from looking at her. She mumbled thanks after glaring at me and I scrambled back to seat, trying to still my heartbeat. Why is my heart being like this?
 
We got our pictures for the assignment and all I could think of was that girl. The one tulip represented her and all the rest was just meaningless others who were there. What is wrong with me? I looked behind me to see her studying her photo and writing down her lyrics. I stole a glance at her photo and saw it was my buddy Myungsoo from Infinite. I chuckled to myself a little bit because she had to write about him. I couldn't imagine what you could possibly write about him, but I'm probably biased since he's my friend.
 
Time was up and I looked down at what I had subconsciously wrote. It described her as the tulip and I was surprised at myself. I went up after three people and recited my lyrics, looking at her the entire time. I don't think she realized I was looking at her until I finished since she looked away and frowned. I sat back down and I felt...happy? Is that what it was? She went up after me and recited her lyrics with the picture of Myungsoo. I felt something in my stomach, like it was burning...envy? What is up with me today...
 
She started and immediately I was captured by her voice. It was soft and angelic, but loud and full of determination. Her name is  beautiful as she is, to be greasy about it. She started with her lyrics and I was blown away.
 
The light becomes larger and the windows open up, only to close again
The light turns off
The music gets louder and my shoulders move up and down and stop again
The music turns off
 
Everything I gave to you wasn’t for you
It was so that it would feel like nothing to me
Everything that was pointed towards you that wasn’t love
It was only because I wanted to believe that it was
That we’re reachable
 
That light that was brightly shining the dark path in front of me,
I wished for it to be you
But this is already a heart inside a dark shadow
That no one can see
 
(Kim Sunggyu "41 Days")
 
This girl, Choi Kana, is just so...intriguing. Her lyrics seemed so dark but they matched with the photo and it was so full of her inspiration from the photo. She was so amazing, I was focused hard on what she was saying. "This photo is of this man who is looking out into the distance. His gaze is distant and cold, like the people around him don't really matter that much. It's like he's reaching out to something or someone, but not in a giving way. Rather, more of a receiving or expecting way. He only cares for something he can hold onto, but it's hard since it doesn't exist. He's isolated from those he knows exist, but doesn't want to believe it because he's broken." 
 
I sat amazed. How could she see all that from just a picture of Myungsoo? Could she really see that? I really must be biased since he's my friend. But then I started to slowly see it. Her imagination was incredible. I wanted to compliment her and talk to her as a colleague or maybe a friend and get to know this amazing and creative person. I sat wondering about her for who knows how long and I didn't notice when the class was dismissed until someone patted my shoulder saying "good job." I looked around for Kana and scurried out of my chair to try and find her. I saw her walking down the hallway towards the parking lot.
 
"Hey! Wait up!" She turned around with a blank face and then she frowned. She stood there until I caught up with her but before I could say anything, she said, "Look, I don't intend to go out with you or any of the rest of your Infinite friends, got it? Just leave me alone and find someone else to bother, okay? Good." She turned back around, walked straight to her car and then she was gone. Well, that didn't go as I planned...
 
I went to home and thought about the girl...I really wasn't planning on asking her out, but I'm interested in her, that's for sure. She's very different from all the girls I'm usually swamped with. To be honest, I like it. Tomorrow's mission is to get her to talk to me, even as friends. Maybe...just maybe it'll be something more.