Chapter 9

Destiny

Hoya POV 

After she left the seat from the coffee shop, I got kind of sad. I was already embarrassed that she had noticed my staring (I knew it was creepy but I couldn't look away) so I felt kind of bad. I wanted to apologize, but I highly doubt she would even talk to me unless there was a reason for me to be near her.

I looked over to where she had been sitting and saw a blue water bottle bottle on the seat. I walked over and picked it up, knowing it was hers since she was the only person sitting there besides me and there wasn't a water bottle when I was there. I smiled. Yes! I had to think, would I see her today? No, I don't have that one class with her...maybe she's in another class with me? No, because I've been through all my classes and she was only in one of them...hmm...maybe she's in a class with Dongwoo hyung!

I texted him asking if he could see if she was in his next class. However, once I finished sending the text, I saw it was already 9:45. I scolded myself for being so careless and ran out of the coffee shop as quick as possible. I got in my car and drove quickly to the school, hoping not to get pulled over for speeding.

I arrived and saw I had five minutes before my class started. I ran to the class, stomach full of relaxation breakfast, and got there just as the bell rang. I sighed and stretched, thankful to the bell.

 

Two Hours Later~

 

I checked my phone to see Dongwoo hyung had replied saying she was in his class. I silently cheered in my head but let a small grin creep it's way on my face. I headed over to the bathroom to freshen up a little before seeing her. Once I was done, I headed toward their class to give her back her water bottle and see her again. I was getting really excited but then I realized, I'm going to see her. Then I got nervous. Oh shoot...I don't want to look stupid in front of her!

I started planning out what I was going to say to her in my head. That is, until I saw her in the hallway. She was walking ahead of me in the direction of the cafeteria. I was nervous and I realized I still don't know her name, but I have to give her back her water bottle! 

"Hey! Um, you!" I said. Great start, Hoya...no....just no...she turned around and I ran up to her and said, "Your water bottle dropped out of your bag when you left the coffee shop. I picked it up thinking you might want it..." She looked down a little but I wasn't too sure what to think. Her hand stuck out and grabbed the water bottle but it slightly brushed mine. I felt a jolt of electricity through that small touch...I'm going crazy!

"Thank you, again Hoya-sshi," she said. I blushed and just rubbed the back of my neck trying to look cool...I highly doubt it was working at this point. "It's no problem, really," I said back. Then we just stood there awkwardly. Oh geez, what should I say? Should I apologize for staring? Should I ask her to eat lunch again? But if I do, she'll probably just say no again, right? However, she started to leave so I took this as my only window of opportunity. 

"Um!" I said. She stopped walking and looked at me. You can do this, Hoya! "I-I keep running into you, but I don't even know your name...it's not quite fair that only you know my name...and I think we'd both appreciate me not having to call you 'you' all the time?" She just stood there thinking who knows what. Then she said, "Choi Kana." "Choi Kana...that's a really pretty name," I said.

She nodded as a thank you and before she could leave again, I said,"I know you rejected my offer yesterday, but if you're willing, would you still like to eat lunch with me? I would really like to get to know you because I really like your dancing and you're really pretty and I sound like a dork right now but I'll only stop if you say yes." I breathed. Why am I such a loser? She's going to say no. You shouldn't have even asked, Hoya! Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

I waited for her no, but it never came. Instead, I got possibly the best answer I could ever hear even though it was just one word. She looked me in the eyes and said,"Okay." In my head I was screaming and jumping in celebration. "R-really?" I asked her. She nodded her head and I just kept cheering inside my head. 

"Let's go, then?" Again, another nod. While walking to the cafeteria, I had no idea what to say to her. You idiot, you're the one that said you wanted to get to know her! I sighed to myself. Why am I having such an internal battle with myself right now?! Focus on her! 

"Um, so, Kana-sshi...how did you learn to dance so amazing?" I asked. My gosh, Hoya, could you sound more like a dweeb? "Um, I don't think my dancing is amazing, but I learned to dance on my own. Watching videos and people on the streets mostly." Wow. She learned to dance on her own? With no proper training whatsoever? And she doesn't think her dancing is amazing. This girl...

"You're so...amazing." She made a slight frown in total disbelief, but I ignored it. Either this girl is extremely modest, or she is just dumb. I kept asking her questions and she answered them simply and modest. We arrived at the cafeteria and immediately I could see all the girls' eyes on me. Oh great. This is not what I need today. I looked over to see Kana looking extremely uncomfortable. Good move, Hoya. 

"Hey, uh, how about we go out to eat? This cafeteria is way too crowded to me." She looked at me with a grateful look in her eye and nodded her head. I smiled and led her out of the cafeteria and out of the school grounds. "Uh, so where would you like to eat?" I asked her. She just shook her shoulders saying she didn't care.

I nodded my head and decided we'll go to a great Korean restaurant with the best homemade kimchi. She nodded her head in agreement but said,"How good is their kimchi?" "It's the best. Even better than if your own mother made it for you. You've never heard of it? It's really famous." She shook her head. "I don't go out much." I thought to myself, she's probably practicing instead. 

We decided to just walk to the restaurant since it was fairly close by and to help increase our appetite. We walked in a silence that wasn't awkward, but it was nice. She was probably getting tired of all my questions anyway, I thought. I looked over to her and saw she was really just beautiful. I scanned her body and saw her toned legs, her nice S-line, and her long, black hair. I gulped. My god, how did I get so lucky for her to be here with me right now?

I was still looking at her and in my thoughts until,"Are you done looking?" My eyes widened in embarrassment and saw her face had a slight frown on it. I blushed and looked forward the rest of the way. Dammit, Hoya, why are you such a pabo?! "I-I'm sorry..." She sighed and said,"It's okay. Just stop staring. It's creepy and there is no reason to stare anyway."

I gawked at her. Okay, so she doesn't think she's a good dancer, apparently she doesn't think her singing is good, and now she doesn't think she's pretty?! Woah woah woah, what? Okay she is not extremely modest but just dumb. "Pabo," I said to her. She looked at me surprised. "W-what?" "I said, Pabo. You're a pabo." "No I'm not. "Yes you are." "No!" Yes!"

She pouted and I internally died at her cuteness. If I ever tell her she's cute and she's says otherwise, I'm going to start flipping tables.  "Why do you think I'm a pabo?" she asked. "You don't think you're an awesome dancer when you are, you don't think you're an amazing singer when you probably are, and you don't think you're pretty when you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!" I replied.

Her cheeks were extremely red and she was trying to hide her face with her hair. "L-Let's hurry up and get to the restaurant, yea?" she said embarrassed. She walked faster and I smiled knowing I got to her in a way. I caught up with her but each time she kept walking away. I laughed because we weren't even going the right way. I grabbed her hand to pull her in the right direction. I didn't even notice that I was holding her hand. "I told you you're a pabo, not even going the right way." She pouted again and we just kept on walking.

We got to the restaurant and we greeted the ahjumma at the counter. "Oh, you two are such a cute couple!" she said. "Oh, we're not a couple," I denied. She pointed to our hands holding each other and we quickly let go. The ahjumma laughed and led us to our table. I mouthed "sorry" to Kana but she just frowned. 

We ordered our food and sat there awkwardly. I thought about the fact that I had been holding her hand that entire time and she didn't pull away. I smiled to myself. I was really enjoying being here with her. I'm really starting to like her. I just want to get to know her and be around her all the time. Sure, she's not quite opening up to me completely, but I really want to be something with her.

Just when I was about to ask her some more questions, she said,"Hey, it's your friends." I turned to see the guys walking through the door and waving to me. They started walking towards us and I internally groaned. Great. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Hello! Update! Yaaaaay! And it's all in Hoya's point of view! How he's feeling and everything! Hehe, oh the rest of the Infinite guys just have to ruin everything, right? Haha thank you for reading! Please comment and subscribe!!! I love you all~ <3