Chapter 2

Destiny

Hoya POV

I met up with my group Infinite for lunch and we all shared how our first classes of the year went. Sunggyu hyung told us about some crazy girl who was in his class that looked like a drug addict yet swore she "wasn't high." Woohyun told us about how many girls' phone numbers he's gotten already. 26. We all laughed at him for still not changing. Dongwoo told us about his choreography class with a teacher whose head was waaaay up her .

"You got Ms. Kim?" Sungjong asked. "Sadly, yes. By god she is an awful teacher." "I wanted her though..." Sungjong said. We all laughed at Dongwoo's shocked expression. Sungjong told us about his contemporary dance class and that the teacher thought he was a girl. We laughed because it was true. Our maknae was considered prettier than some girls. Sungyeol told us about his drawing class and how he got to draw the fruits in a bowl and the wine glass. I don't think he could've been happier. Myungsoo told us about his photography class and that they got to go explore the campus and take pictures. "Geez, had I known photography would be so easy, would've taken it!" Woohyun said. "Hyung, we all know you would just take pictures of yourself!" Sungjong said. We all burst out laughing at Woohyun who feigned being upset and pouted. 

"So what about you, Hoya? How was your first class?" Dongwoo asked. My first thought went to that girl. "It was...amazing." I could see the confusion in my friends' eyes as I smiled reminiscing the girl's dancing. I told them everything, from my partner to the two ballet girls and then her. "Dang...that girl sounds pretty good." Sungyeol said. I laughed a little. "To call her just good is an understatement. You guys really should see her dance! She--" We all felt a gust of cold pass by our little table and I knew it was all too familiar. I looked up and I saw her walking past us. I smiled and immediately got out of my seat and ran up to her. "Hey!" She turned around and I saw that same look in her eyes, the distance and coldness still evident. As I was just about to catch up with her, she turned back around and kept walking away from me. I stopped running and stared at her. She is something special, alright. 

 

Kana POV

"Hi. My name is Hoya. Your dancing was amazing today. Did you maybe want to grab some lunch right now?" I was startled when he abruptly knocked on the door in the middle of my dancing, and now he startled me even more. Who does he think he is, to just bother someone with a question like that thinking that since he's oh so handsome they'll immediately say yes? I'm not one of those girls who will fall instantly and madly in love with him just because of, whatever! "No." I don't want to talk to this guy, even if he's just trying to be friendly. I don't need him as my friend, nor do I want him as my friend. I just went straight back to dancing as he closed the door and left, leaving me back to what I like, alone.

After about a half-hour of dancing, I figured I really should eat something. I checked my phone for the time and saw it was 1:15. I looked at my schedule for my next class and saw it wasn't until 2 so I had some time to grab something to eat. I headed to where the cafeteria was located and headed straight towards the line. It wasn't until I was halfway there that I heard someone call out to me. "Hey!" The voice sounded familiar so I turned around and saw Hoya running up to me. This guy, again? He was about to catch up to where I was standing so I just turned back around and kept on walking to get my food. Not to be rude, but I didn't come to school to make friends. Only to do what I love and hopefully succeed. I stood in line, got my food, payed, then went to go outside and find a nice, quiet place to eat. However, luck wasn't on my side I guess. 

"Hey! Uh, come sit here!" I looked to see Hoya sitting at a table of guys next to where I was standing and inviting me to sit with them. I stared at him with questioning eyes, why would this guy who doesn't know me want me to sit with him and his friends? I recalled what he said earlier, "Your dancing was amazing today." I just stood there awkwardly and shook my head, declining his offer. I kept walking away to outside and found a big unoccupied tree that I decided to sit at. I sat down, unwrapped my sandwich, took a bite and recalled the events of today. All I could think of was how annoying this Hoya guy was being. I decided if I saw him again, that I would refuse to even acknowledge him. I nodded my head to myself. Yea, that's a good idea. 

 

Hoya POV 

I sat back down at my table and my friends were staring at me weirdly. I understand since I randomly chased after a girl and I never do that. It's usually the other way around. I explained how that was the girl and they immediately understood. She was walking back and I saw this as another chance. "Hey! Uh, come sit here!" I realized, I don't even know her name. Well, when she sits down, I'll ask her. But instead she stood there staring at me like I was crazy, shook her head, and walked away. I was in shock. She's not like the other girls who would love to eat lunch with me and my friends. This girl, who dances amazingly, had rejected me twice in a day. 

"Uh...did you guys just see that?" Sungyeol asked. "Yes." Was all that everyone else replied. There was a small silence before Sungjong spoke. "That was just...weird." "A girl rejected Hoya. Of course it's weird." Myungsoo said. "I think what's weirder is the fact that Hoya was the one who asked the girl." Woohyun pointed out. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. I face-palmed and sat pouting. That girl...is interesting...and I will make her talk to me. No matter what. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong everyone! I have an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! I will be gone for a week starting Sunday so I won't be able to update! Sorry!!! I will do an update tomorrow and when I get back I will update again!