Chapter 3

Destiny

Kana POV

I finished eating and headed to my next class. I checked my phone for the time: 1:50. Oh good, I'm ten minutes early. I checked my schedule again to find the room for my first class for my singing major. When I got there, I saw two other people sitting and playing on their phones, waiting for the class to start. The room was a recording studio-type room but extended so more chairs could be fitted in, making it a classroom. The chairs were just bar stools so I took one and dragged it all the way to the corner so I could sit by myself. I played on my phone for a little bit until someone came in followed by the teacher. All of us who were on our phones put them away instantly as the class started. I looked at our class--only four of us--and immediately dreaded if we had to do pair work. 

Just my luck, our first assignment was to get to know the other people in the class. I sighed to myself and I looked for the other person without a partner. I found them, a girl, and introduced myself formally without any interest of actually getting to know her. She introduced herself to me as well but with as much interest in me as if I've known her my entire life. We moved on to the next person and I made the same introduction with a guy in my class with the same amount of "interest" in him as with the girl. All I heard was that the girl's name was Hyorin and this guy's name was Jinyoung.

We switched partners one last time and I was face-to-face with one of the Infinite guys. What was his name? Boohyun? Joomyun? "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Choi Kana." "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Nam Woohyun, but you can call me anytime." He winked and I cringed. This. .

 

Woohyun POV

I walked into class right before the teacher did and sat down on one of the closest empty stools. We were told to get to know our classmates and I turned to see if there were any guys in the class. Only one. I went up to him and started to introduce myself. He seemed like a chill dude. Then we switched partners and a girl came up to me. Pretty, lots of make-up, just the kind I like. I put the moves on her and of course, she swooned. Score 37. We swiched the last time and I swear I've seen her before...oh yeah! The girl who rejected Hoya! Well, maybe Hoya's not her type. My turn. "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Choi Kana." Choi Kana? That's a nice name. "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Nam Woohyun, but you can call me anytime." I winked at her and instead of swooning like the other girl...she cringed? What?

"I'd rather not. Please go away. Now." she said with ice lacing every word she spoke. I kind of got scared and backed away like she asked. But then I remembered, what am I doing? I'm Nam Woohyun. I don't back-off just because a girl says to. I'm more man than that. "Ooh, fiesty I see. I like." She glared at me and now I'm very scared. This time I went away completely and didn't try to hit on her again. I went back to where I was originally seated and listened to the what the teacher had to say next. Our next assignment was to choose a song which was meaningful to our lives , sing it in the recording booth and then give feedback to each other. I chose a song Infinite had written together a while ago, "Man In Love." I was up first and I sang looking directly at Kana, hoping I would win her over.

Look carefully - if you feel this, that means he's fallen for you

If someone gives you a sign like I am right now, then please notice

 

When a man's in love, he wants to stay by your side

There's always so much he wants to do for you

When I'm in love, I want to give everything in my life to you

With just one expectation, your heart

When I'm in love

 

When a man's in love, when a man's in love

When I'm in love, when I have fallen for you

I finished and started receiving feedback from everyone. First, the guy who said,"You did well and Those high notes were pretty impressive. your voice is very nice sounding and I enjoy it quite a bit. Good job." Then the girl who was completely swooned for me, "That was beautiful, amazing, I love your voice, it's sooo good, you're amazing, great job!" She was completely swooned for me and it was a bit annoying...Finally, it was Kana's turn. I looked at her expecting her to be totally in love with me, but instead I was met with her cold gaze. "Your voice and tone was good but your pitch was slightly flat and you sounded like you were struggling on the higher notes. That means they weren't quite in your range and you were just trying to show off although it really wasn't all too impressive anyway." I was shocked. She was supposed to be like those other girls who fall madly in love with me by now...who is this girl? 

 

Kana POV 

Woohyun sang and I gave him my thoughts. I smirked on the inside seeing his reaction to what I said. I know all about guys like you, Mr. Nam Woohyun. And your stupid tricks won't work on me. I'm definitely not that easy. I mentally told him. I know he can't hear my thoughts, but I think he gets the gist of it by my attitude towards him. The other two sang their songs and I gave them my honest opinion. The girl's voice is very high and I personally don't like it. I find it extremely annoying to listen to and she was creeping me out by the way she was staring down Woohyun. Just gross. The guy's voice was soothing and I enjoyed it a lot. He was nervous so he wasn't singing at his best which I scolded him for. I went up next thinking of my meaningful song written by a girl I once knew and her boyfriend, which was for my birthday three years ago. They named it "Cactus" and since they were my friends, it was the best gift I had ever received. 

 

Put me in a place where the sun comes in well
And just don’t forget about me
once a month
Give me just enough water
I might seem heartless because
of my cold appearance
I might seem dark because
I’m covered with thorns
But don’t worry
Because pretty flowers
will bloom out of me
 
On days when your heart is hurt
When tears fall for no reason
Remember me
I’ll be a small comfort to you
 
Shed your tears on top of my head
Even your upset heart
Until your smile shines on you
I will drink it in silently
 
When that becomes the day we are together
When that becomes the day
that will never come back
I will hold onto your tears that I’ve kept
And stand in the Spring
 
I finished singing and once again I got the same reaction from the dance class as with this class. I don't understand, people?! Did I do something wrong? Finally I got the feedback from everyone and it hit me, oh, they think I was amazing. "That was...astounding" "Incredible." "Your voice...is so...perfect..." That's all they said. No criticism? Huh...well alright then. The teacher gave us his thoughts after I sat back down and then dismissed us.
 
As I was leaving, a hand grabbed my wrist which scared me so I kind of jumped. "Oh, sorry. Did I scare you?" Woohyun said. I rolled my eyes at him saying with my eyes, oh no, I only jumped for no reason because I felt like it. I shook his hand off my wrist and he said,"You are amazing, you know? I heard about your dancing from my friend Hoya and heard that it was amazing as well...maybe you wanna get together sometime and do a duet?" I stared at him as I did with Hoya. I gave him the exact same reply as well,"No." With that, I walked away and cursed today. What's with all these people trying to ask me out? I swore I would never love again and this is just annoying. World, what on earth are you trying to tell me? You want me to love again? Not happening. And that's your fault. I walked to my next class in hopes that I could avoid the rest of these Infinite guys. I walked into my next class and saw Kim Sunggyu, the leader of Infinite. I sighed to myself. This day just gets worse by the second.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Annyeong! Here's the update I promised! I won't be updating for a week so goodbye for now! See you in a week! Thank you for reading my story, please comment and subscribe while I'm away! Thank you~ <3