Chapter 11

Destiny

Kana POV

We had finished eating and I started pulling out my wallet to pay. However,"What do you think you're doing?" Hoya asked. "I'm going to pay for lunch," I simply said, shrugging my shoulders. "Uh, no you're not," he said. I glared at him playfully. "Yes I am." "No you're not." Yes I am!" No you're not!" "Yes!" "No!" I huffed and pouted, folding my arms.

The ahjumma came and placed the check on the table. He and I looked at the check and then looked back up at each other. We were having a stare down. "I won't lose, Lee Hoya-sshi. I'm going to pay for our lunch." He smiled. "Good luck with that, miss Choi Kana-sshi. I don't plan on letting you." "Well that's a shame, because I just did." I smirked.

He looked down at the table and saw the check was missing from the table. "But...when did you...how...what?" I internally laughed at his shocked face. "You know, if you weren't so busy staring, you would've noticed the ahjumma come by and take the check with my money." "We'll I'm sorry. You're so beautiful I couldn't help myself." I blushed. Why does he say things like that?! Aish...

We left the restaurant after bowing to the ahjumma. It was slightly awkward on the way back. Hoya kept looking like he wanted to say something, but he never did. The weather was cold today and my hands were getting really cold. I kept thinking how warm Hoya's hand was. No Kana! You don't like it! It's just your imagination! You can't like this guy. This super nice, kind, funny, cute handso--no!!! He's popular. You're a nobody. Don't attract unwanted attention to yourself. You don't want things like before to happen again...

"Kana-sshi?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to see Hoya right in front of me. We had stopped at a park near the school which was practically empty. "Yes?" "I, uh, I wanted to say that, well, I enjoyed hanging out with you today and I had fun..." I could tell he was being hesitant about something, but he never said what ever else was on his mind. "So thank you. Also, would you like to hangout maybe some other time? Like, to go get some ice cream or something?" 

I saw the nervousness in his eyes. He wants me to say yes. Should I? I admit, today was fun and he's very nice so there really is no reason to say no...but I can't risk becoming close to popular guys. Especially Infinite. I can't risk falling in love or getting hurt. I just need to focus on studying...but no matter how hard I tried, the word "no" wouldn't come out of my mouth. 

Thankfully, his phone rang. "Yeobosaeyo? Ah, Sunggyu hyung, I'm at the park with Kana-sshi. Neh, we were just talking. Um...sure? Okay, see you soon, hyung. Annyeong." I looked at him in confusion. He rubbed the back of his neck and said,"Um, Sunggyu hyung is joining us soon. The other guys abandoned him and he wants to hang out with someone...so I said he could join us...that is, if you want to still hang out with me. I mean, you could leave and I'd be totally fine with that because I know you have a life and you probably  don't want to hang out with a lame guy like me who blabbers a lot and I'm still going and um...I'll just stop now..."

I chuckled at how cute he was. He smiled at me and I just nodded signaling I would stay with them. We sat down on a nearby bench and waited for Sunggyu. I was feeling sleepy from the cold weather (yes, I get sleepy when the weather is cold) so my head kept bobbing from trying not to fall asleep. I mean, it'd be rude! However, a hand pulled my head onto a shoulder and kept me there. I looked up slightly to see Hoya looking back at me. 

"Pabo. If you're sleepy, then sleep," he said. I blushed. "But...we're waiting for someone..." I replied. He made a sweet smile and said,"It's okay. I'll wake you up when he gets here, okay? Now sleep." My rational side was telling me not to let this happen, but my body was so tired that I decided to just close my eyes with his hand still holding my head against his shoulder.

His shoulder was broad and muscular, but it felt so comfortable to lean on. I had forgotten that this was Hoya I was leaning on and snuggled closer towards the warmth I was getting since I was so cold. I fell asleep soon to a soft tune being hummed in my ear. 

 

Hoya POV

Silly girl paying for food that I invited her to eat. It's not right! We left and I could feel the weather was cold today. I couldn't help but worry for Kana, seeing how she had shorts and a v-neck on. I really want to hold her hand again, it felt so comforting in mine. Man, I really am falling for this girl...I thought about trying to pay for her again somehow and that meant I'd have to ask her out again. This is not the time to be nervous! Just go for it, Hoya! You've achieved this lunch date, so maybe she'll accept again? Unless she rejects you...

"Kana-sshi?" I heard myself say. I'm doing this. You can do this, Hoya. "Yes?" "I, uh, I wanted to say that, well, I enjoyed hanging out with you today and I had fun..." I stopped, wondering if I should tell her that I have a crush on her or not. I decided the latter. "so thank you. Also, would you like to hangout maybe some other time? Like, to go get some ice cream or something?" She didn't say anything and I was starting to worry until my phone rang, distracting me. 

"Yeobosaeyo? Yo, Hoya. Where are you? Ah, Sunggyu hyung, I'm at the park with Kana-sshi. Oh really? What are you guys doing? Deh, we were just talking. Oh. Okay. Hey, uh, can I hang out with you guys? The others ditched me for some stupid horror movie and I don't want to be all by myself... Um...sure? Ah, really? Thank you! You have no idea how lonely I am. I'll be there in about half an hour, okay? Okay, see you soon, hyung. Annyeong. Annyeong.

I looked at the confused Kana and explained what was happening. "Um, Sunggyu hyung is joining us soon. The other guys abandoned him and he wants to hang out with someone...so I said he could join us...that is, if you want to still hang out with me. I mean, you could leave and I'd be totally fine with that because I know you have a life and you probably  don't want to hang out with a lame guy like me who blabbers a lot and I'm still going and um...I'll just stop now..."

She chuckled and once again I got to hear such an angelic thing. I smiled feeling so lucky to be able to witness all this from this supposedly cold ice princess. She nodded her head, confirming she would stay and I internally celebrated again. We sat down on a nearby bench, waiting for Sunggyu hyung. However, I noticed Kana's head kept falling and then coming up all of a sudden. I looked at her and saw how sleepy she looked. Sleepy in this cold weather? I shook my head and took a deep breath, about to do something I've never done before. 

I put my hand on top of her head and pulled it down so she could lean on my shoulder to sleep. She looked up at me and she looked slightly confused. "Pabo. If you're sleepy, then sleep," I said. She blushed and innocently said,"But...we're waiting for someone..." I just smiled at how cute she is and said,"It's okay. I'll wake you up when he gets here, okay? Now sleep." 

She closed her eyes and fell asleep on my shoulder with my heart pounding in my chest. Then, she snuggled into my arm, making my face turn bright red and my heart to pound even more. This girl has no idea what she does to me. I started humming a tune I knew to help her sleep. It was a lullaby my mother sang to me when I couldn't sleep. 

The longer we sat there, the more I realized how much of a couple we look like. She's leaning on my shoulder sleeping while I'm awake...let's just say, the weather didn't feel cold to me anymore. I don't think Kana realizes how much she moves around when she's sleeping. I was amused, but my heart continued to pound in my chest, more and more. 

By the time Sunggyu hyung arrived, I had fallen asleep myself. I woke up to the sound of a picture being taken and my eyes slowly opened, taking a minute to adjust. I saw Sunggyu standing there with a smug smirk on his face. "Oh, hyung. You're here," I sleepily said. He chuckled and said,"I didn't mean to interrupt the moment here. Maybe I should leave?" I was confused. Moment? What moment? 

Then I realized there was another body on top of mine. I looked to see Kana's face only inches away from mine. She was positioned in between my legs, her legs sticking out and the rest of her body leaning on my chest. One hand and her head were leaning against my chest gently and the other hand was holding onto my shirt near my back. I guess she moved into this position to get comfortable while I was sleeping. My arms had apparently wrapped around her to prevent her from falling and I felt my heart beat increase again. 

How am I going to wake her up when she's like this?! I tried not to turn my head too far to the left because then I'd be confronted with her face barely inches from mine again. I glared at Sunggyu who was laughing at my...situation. However, his laugh was loud enough that Kana woke up.

I froze but looked down to see Kana's eyes staring at mine. I could tell she was still half-asleep because she hadn't reacted yet. Her eyes looked around to see where we were and then looked at how we were sitting. Then they widened and her face got really red. She basically jumped off of me and the bench and ran behind Sunggyu.

I saw him whisper something to her which made her face even more red and made her retreat to behind a tree. Huh...I wonder what he said...

 

Sunggyu POV

I called up Hoya hoping to hang out with him. Thankfully he said okay and Kana was there too. Maybe I can convince her to be my friend now! I had to walk all the way to the park because my stupid friends took my car. Great...I got over there and the first thing I saw was a couple on a bench cuddling. Uh, PDA much? However, I got closer to the bench and saw the familiar outline of the guy on the bench. Hoya?

I walked to the front of the bench and saw Hoya sleeping while Kana was sleeping in his arms. I had to admit, they looked cute together. I felt a pang in my heart for some reason, but shook it off. I took out my phone and took a couple of pictures of them so I could show Hoya later. However, he woke up. 

"Oh, hyung. You're here," he sleepily said. I chuckled at this guy who has no idea what's going on. "I didn't mean to interrupt the moment here. Maybe I should leave?" I mused. He was utterly confused until he looked at how Kana was sleeping. He looked so funny trying to figure out how to get out of the situation, so I just kept on laughing at him. Then Kana woke up.

She was still sleepy so she didn't comprehend what was gang on yet. She looked around and then looked at how she was sitting. Her eyes widened and she ran away towards me, hiding behind my back. I whispered to her,"Don't worry. I'll protect you," and winked at her. Her face got even more red and she dashed behind a tree. I took in this little scene that unfolded before me and started laughing again. Cute and funny! Man they'd make a great couple. Another pang in my heart. What?

 

Kana POV

I woke up from my nap because I heard laughter. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Hoya's face. Rather, his side-profile. I wouldn't mind waking up to that everyda--what am I saying?! He turned to look at me and I was confused a little bit. I mean, I did just wake up. I looked around to remember I was at the park waiting for Sunggyu. Then I looked at the bench because I felt extra warmth radiating on me.

I saw how I was sitting in between his legs, how I was leaning on his chest, how I could feel his chest, how I was holding on his shirt and how he was holding me in his arms to keep me from falling. Heat rushed to my face I escaped his hold as fast as I could. Why was I like that?! How did that happen?! I was leaning on his shoulder!!! 

While I freaking out, I heard a whisper say,"Don't worry. I'll protect you." I looked at Sunggyu to see him wink at me and I ran away to a tree again to hide my burning face. Why me...

----------------------------------------------------------------

hello~! Update! Yay! Hehe Kana and Hoya sitting in a tree BWAHAHAHA. But poor Sunggyu. What's going on with him? Hehe you'll find out! Please comment and subscribe! Thank you for choosing my story~!