Chapter 18

Destiny

Sunggyu POV 

I swear if Hoya doesn't stop trying to hang onto Kana, I will rip his throat. The man said he'd give up! What the hell happened to that?! Ugh, wait...where is Kana going? No, come back! Ugh. Stupid Hoya. This is all his fault that she left. Stupid trying to flirt with my girl...well, she's not my own girl originally, but...whatever! She's mine now so stay away!

After the movie ended, I looked around for Kana. She hadn't returned yet and I was worried. If only I knew where she went...I searched everywhere but couldn't find her. After a while, I had the urge to go to the bathroom. I went to the closest one but noticed it was locked. Maybe one of the others is in here?

I remembered they're all asleep on the floor. Hmm...maybe one of them woke up and had to use the bathroom? I knocked on the door, but no answer. I knocked a little louder and said, "Uh, is someone in there?" Still no answer. I furrowed my eyebrows and went to find  a screwdriver to undo the lock. 

When I finally opened, the door, my eyes widened in shock. Lying unconscious on the floor was Kana in a curled up fetal position. I started shaking her and calling out her name, but she never woke up. After a few seconds of panic, the others came to the bathroom to find us and tried helping Kana. 

After a few minutes, she somewhat woke up and said, "I'm sorry I'm such an inconvenience to you. I'll disappear for you. I'll leave, I'll go away, I'll never see you again if that's what it will take to make me not get hurt any more. Because you're hurting me. Because I love you, you're hurting me. So I'll disappear for you...my love." 

She knocked back out again and we all just stood there not knowing what to do. Did she just have a flashback of her past or something? She'll disappear because her love is hurting her? What happened to her before we met her? I wished she would wake up again so I could ask her if she knew, but she never did.

I ended up putting her on Woohyun's bed in the room he and I share to rest on. While waiting, I went to the kitchen and started pouring myself some soju. Slowly, one drink became two, then four, then six, then I somehow ended up on my own bed. I could feel my head pounding and had no idea what was going. 

I had a dream I kissed Kana. I slept soundly after that. 

 

Hoya POV 

I'll admit it, I was fighting for Kana's attention during the movie. I want her still. Of course I do. I'm falling in love with her all over again. Ever since the the hospital incident, I thought I could just let her go to Sunggyu hyung. He told me how she had lost her memory because she wanted to forget something. He told me he told her that they were dating before she lost her memory. 

I was devastated. She forgot me, she forgot her past, she forgot everything. I thought that it would be the best to try and let her go because she didn't even want to be with me in the first place. Well...she did, but something was holding her back... But I thought I could just forget her like she did with me. 

Oh how badly that didn't work. When she arrived today, I really wasn't expecting her. I thought she was the chicken delivery guy. So I was shocked to see her in her beautiful purple dress and all dolled up just to find out she was meeting us today. Thank god I dressed up nice today...

Throughout the day, I could feel myself staring at her more than not. She was just too beautiful to ignore. We played singing games and I was awed at her angelic voice. We played dancing games and was surprised she could move like that in a dress. I couldn't help that I was falling in love with her again. 

When she ran away, I was disappointed. I could tell I was getting to her because I could feel her heartbeat increasing it's pace. However, I knew Sunggyu was also trying to get her attention as well so I was fighting back. Well...maybe it worked. 

I fell asleep at some point, but woke up straight away when I heard the voice of Sunggyu yelling out Kana's name. The others woke up too and we all ran towards Sunggyu's voice. When we got there, we saw Sunggyu shaking Kana by the shoulders and yelling out her name, telling her to wake up. 

After a few minutes, she spoke those chilling words and then out again. Once they moved Kana to Woohyun's bed, I went to my room that I shared with Dongwoo. I changed into my pajamas and tried to go to sleep. However, my eyes couldn't close. I ended up walking out to the balcony and just daydreaming.

I took out my phone and opened up the picture of me and Kana sleeping in each other's arms on the park bench that Sunggyu hyung took of us. He sent it to me saying it was the least he could do. I traced the outline of Kana and felt a sigh escape my lips plenty of times. 

I slightly jumped at the sound of something noisy rolling around on the floor. I turned around and saw Kana. When she saw me, she blushed and gave me a small wave. She's so cute. I silently told her to join me so we could just chat...because I can totally just normally "chat" with this girl...

We teased each other a little bit and I got to hear her full, true laugh again. I feel so lucky. I had subconsciously started tracing the outline of her again on my phone, reminiscing about the time before. I was startled when she asked me about the picture. I didn't want to show her, but I felt like she should also know.

Wordless, I held up my phone to her face so she could see the picture. She was confused, of course. She doesn't remember that time. She doesn't know how I feel. She doesn't realize the lie she's living right now. So I ended up telling her an explanation I sadly wished I would never have to say. "It's just a memory now. Something I'll never forget, but you'll never remember."

After that, she left to go back to sleep. I stayed on the balcony a little longer, letting a small year slip out of my eye. A bitter smile formed on my face and I silently whispered to myself, "Are you happy now Sunggyu hyung? Are you glad that I get to suffer like this while you get to smile with her by your side everyday? She's mine. And I'll make her mine again."

I headed back to my bed, but heard a soft sobbing. I turned down a hallway and went into a small living room area and saw Kana sleeping on the couch crying. Tears were flowing endlessly out of her eyes as she slept. It hurt me to see her in such pain. I lifted up the blanket carefully as to not wake her up and wrapped my arms protectively around her waist. As if she woke up, she cried into my chest. 

After a little bit, she stopped crying and I dozed off to sleep. We ended up in a cuddling position since she moves so much in her sleep and I couldn't be happier at the moment. I felt a soft hand land carefully on my cheek and caress it ever so cautiously. It felt so soothing and then a finger started tracing my features.

I could feel her breath on my lips and I could just tell how close she was to me. I didn't want to give away that I wasn't actually asleep, but the thought of having her so close got me excited and I decided to just close the small gap between us. I kissed her with all the passion I held for her and she kissed me back just the same. 

When we finally stopped after god knows how long to take a breath, I stared into her eyes trying to read her emotions. She was confused by all means, but she was happy. Because of that, I was happy and I smiled. She smiled too and blushed. 

"Uh-Uhm Hoya-sshi...I...I..." she started. I could tell she was nervous or embarrassed and gave her a peck on her nose to tell her it was okay. She smiled and shyly said, "I...really think you're handsome...and I feel like I know you somehow...because you're familiar, but I don't know why. And I know it's weird to like someone you barely know...but I...like...you..." 

I chuckled a little bit and she blushed, hitting my chest and saying, "Yah! You're not supposed to laugh at my confession! I just told you how I think and feel about you and you laugh? Aish..."

Raising my brow at her I replied, "Did you just say yah? To me?" She nodded her head and stuck her tongue out at me. "So what if I did?" she said. "Yah. I'm older than you!" I said. She giggled and hid her face in my chest. Startled, I just let her stay there listening to my racing heartbeat. 

With her head still on my chest, she said, "Hoya-sshi...why would I forget my memory?" I didn't know what to answer and stayed quiet. She continued, "I keep getting these little bits of memories when my head hurts. Memories and thoughts. I don't know what to think of them..." 

She told me all of the memories and thoughts that she received when her head hurt. The memory of Sunggyu during the car accident, her thoughts while she was just laying there listening to him panicking if he hit her, my message to her in the recording studio, and her hitting my chest crying. 

I didn't know what to tell her. How could I just tell her everything that happened? She's already gone through so much, it would just confuse her even more. Plus, I don't want to have to make her choose between me or Sunggyu hyung. I want her to fall in love with me because she wants to, not because of the past. 

I ended up telling her, "Kana-sshi...I'm going to tell you a story. Ready? Once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl who was talented in all ways possible. She was kind and humble, but had the worst insecurity issues imaginable. She believed she was worthless and that it was okay to just give everything up for the sake of others. Plus, she was getting hurt in the process if she kept things, so she just let them go. In the end, she put up a wall, a cold front to protect herself rom getting hurt ever again. 

One day, she met a guy who fell head over heels for her. They only really talked and hung out for one day, but that one day was enough for the guy to decide how much he wanted to be with the intriguing girl. He wanted to be the guy to melt her walls and make her feel love again. However, she kept pushing him away. 

They both liked each other, but the beautiful girl would never admit it. She had been avoiding him because she was afraid of what others would do to her if they found out she and the guy were seeing each other. One day, the guy confronted her about everything and they kissed. They could've been happy. But she decided it was best for the guy to just be separate. She didn't want to cause him harm and she didn't want to be harmed, so she ran away again. 

She wanted to be be happy with the guy, but as long as she held onto the memories of her past, she knew she couldn't. So she forced all her memories away. However, instead of just forgetting the bad things, she ended up forgetting everything, even the guy. When he had confronted her, he made a voice recording and told her, 'I think I'm falling in love with you.' But she forgot about it all. 

In the end, she went to some other guy and lived happily ever after while the guy holds onto the hope that one day, his beautiful girl will return to him and finally love him back fully and completely. The end." 

She was silent for a long time, but after a while she said, "Hoya-sshi...was that...you and...me?" I nodded my head. She hugged me tight and whispered in my ear, "I'm sorry." I don't know why, but something triggered in my head and tears just started falling. Pretty soon, I was sobbing and then crying in her arms. 

I missed her. I wanted her. But she left me so many times because she was afraid to be hurt again. I couldn't protect her and it's all my fault she can't remember anything now. She soothingly rubbed my back while I just cried. 

After a while, I calmed down and we both just held each other. I looked down at her and she looked up at me. The sun was starting to rise and we both knew that this couldn't last much longer before the others wake up. I kissed her one last time before I got up and left to go back to my room. 

Right before I left, I quickly ran back to her and whispered in her ear:

"I love you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDAAAAAATE!! Phew. That one took me a lot of planning and rewriting. Soooooooo. HOYA FINALLY SAID THE MAGIC WORDS! What do you guys think? Hehehehehe Thank you oh so bery bery much for reading my story! Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE! Thank you~ I love you all :D 

 

P.S. Did any of you guys know that in Japanese, kanashii means sad? Haha oh gosh I really didn't even do that on purpose, but it's very fitting! Haha