Chapter 10

Destiny

Kana POV

"R-really?" he asked. I nodded my head in response. I kept in mind that I was doing this as a favor for his kindness, not quite realizing that he considered this a date per-say. "Let's go then?" he asked. I just nodded my head again. Geez, Kana, are you just going to be like this the entire time? I scolded myself and tried to convince myself that I should be more outgoing towards him, or at least pretend to have a good time. Just be nice! 

"Um, so, Kana-sshi...how did you learn to dance so amazing?" he asked. Great, now I can't be nice...why do people have to lie to me like this? Oh, your dancing is so awesome! You sing so amazing! Wow you're so talented! Um, no. I'm at the very most average. I told him just the same. "Um, I don't think my dancing is amazing, but I learned to dance on my own. Watching videos and people on the streets mostly." "You're so...amazing."

I frowned in disbelief. I hate it when people lie...From then, he kept on asking me questions, which I answered in all honesty. Then we finally got into the cafeteria, but all I saw were eyes. Why is that girl with Hoya? Who is she? Why is she talking to Hoya? I felt overwhelmed. This is what I was trying to avoid by hanging out with any Infinite guys, but HOYA over here just has to be all nice and what-not...

"Hey, uh, how about we go out to eat? This cafeteria is way too crowded to me," he said. I looked at him completely grateful. Why is he so nice to me? I really don't deserve his kindness...I just nodded my head and we headed out. "Uh, do where would you like to eat?" I heard him ask. I shook my shoulders not really caring. As long as I get to repay his kindness and I will pay for it. 

In the end, he chose a Korean restaurant that he said has really great kimchi. "How good is their kimchi?" "It's the best. Even better than if your own mother made it for you. You've never heard of it? It's really famous." I shook my head. "I don't go out much," I replied.  After that, we just walked to the restaurant in silence. It was...admittingly comfortable. I savored the peaceful silence of our voices and just listened to the sounds surrounding us. 

Then I felt the stare again. I internally sighed. He knows how to ruin a perfectly good moment, that's for sure. I tried ignoring his stare, but I could almost feel it, like his stare was crawling everywhere on my body. Feeling slightly violated, I said,"Are you done looking?" not even bothering to look at him. I was frowning a bit, but only because I was mostly just disturbed. 

"I-I'm sorry..." he said. Sighing at his innocent voice, I said,"It's okay. Just stop staring. It's creepy and there's no reason to stare anyway." I don't like to tell people my insecurities usually, but it just slipped out on that last part. At least it's not a lie...I'm not anything special for him to be staring at...he's probably doing all this because he feels bad that I'm some lonely person who's stuck in a world of talented people. 

"Pabo," he said. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him surprised he just said that. "W-what?" I asked him, trying to see if that's actually what he said. "I said, Pabo. You're a pabo." "No I'm not." "Yes you are." "No!" "Yes!" I pouted at him. How am I a pabo? Did I do something? No...I've only talked to him...maybe I said something? 

"Why do you think I'm a pabo?" I asked him. "You don't think you're an awesome dancer when you are, you don't think you're an amazing singer when you probably are, and you don't think you're pretty when you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!" he replied.  When he was done, I could feel my cheeks heating up and butterflies forming in my stomach. I've never been complimented like that so suddenly and from a person I just met. 

I tried to hide my face and walked ahead of him saying,"L-Let's hurry up and get to the restaurant, yea?" I stuttered! I don't stutter...what is wrong with me today? I kept walking away from him every time he got near because the butterflies would increase the closer he got. However, this time when he got close, he grabbed my hand and pulled me in a different direction than I was walking in. 

"I told you you're a pabo, not even going the right way," he said. I blushed again and mentally started cursing today. I started pouting again and I couldn't help thinking that there must be something wrong with me today. I noticed he was holding my hand and I was going to take my hand away, but I remembered that I owe him for his kindness, so I just left it. (Never would I admit that I actually liked the feel of our hands together or that I liked his company today.)

We arrived at the restaurant and greeted the ahjumma at the counter. "Oh, you two are such a cute couple!" she said. More blushing.  "Oh, we're not a couple," Hoya denied. She pointed to our hands that were still holding each others and we quickly let go. Well, he let go and I let him...As we followed the laughing ahjumma, he mouthed "sorry" to me but I only frowned. 

We sat down and it felt awkward. Was it my fault? Aish, Kana, all you do is make things worse...I kept looking around trying to think of what I could do or say to make things less awkward. I mean, I really hate awkward situations so I always try to do or say something to clear the air. I looked at the front door and saw the Infinite guys walking in. Perfect! 

"Hey, it's your friends," I said. He looked around and saw them and they waved. He did a slight wave back and they started walking this way. He turned back to me and his face looked a little bit more than displeased that they were here. But, they're his friends. Shouldn't he be happy? 

"Yo! Hoya! Whatcha doing here? How's the dat--" "Hey Dongwoo hyung! Just grabbing some lunch with a friend of mine. That's all. What are you guys doing here?" he quickly replied. He sounded nervous for some reason. And the last question sounded kind of...angry? To his friends? Hmmm...

 

Hoya POV

I have to admit, I'm slightly upset that they're here interrupting...but it's not like I could predict them coming here as well as me and Kana. "Oh, um, let me introduce you guys to my friend here." I looked over at Kana and she looked a little uncomfortable. I shook it off hoping she would become more comfortable once she was properly introduced. 

"So guys, this is Choi Kana. She's--" "Oh! It's you!" Woohyun said. I looked at her and saw her glaring holes through his head. Uh..."Well, uh, anyway, Kana-sshi, this is--" "I already know, Hoya-sshi. Thank you." I slightly frowned. Well, let's all just interrupt Hoya before he finishes talking...wait, she knows already? Well, I mean, it's not that surprising I guess...but why is she killing Woohyun with her glare?

"Right. Um, so how do you and Woohyun know each other?" I asked her. While still glaring at him, she said,"We're in  one of the same classes for the singing major." "And I may or may not have tried hitting on her...a lot," Woohyun said. We all face-palmed at Woohyun's stupid Nam-grease. Then I started glaring holes in his head as well. If only looks could kill...

"Anyone else know each other?" Sungyeol asked interested. Sunggyu, Sungjong and Dongwoo raised their hands. Oh geez...do they all have at least one class with her or something? "Yes," they replied. Sunggyu has her in one of the singing class, Dongwoo a dancing class, and Sungjong a later dancing class plus they work together...I processed that all and got a wee bit upset. 

"You all had her and made me figure all these things out on my own?!" I half-shouted. Thankfully the restaurant was really noisy so I wasn't looked at strangely. "Hey, like we really knew?" Dongwoo hyung said. Well I only embarrassed myself in front of you guys in the cafeteria yesterday because of her, I thought to myself. Then I realized...Kana was sitting right here...oh great...now I look even more like a fool!

 

Kana POV

During the "introduction," I couldn't help but kind of find humor in how we all have at least one class together. However, the humor was more cynical than friendly. Infinite everyday, 24/7, no matter what...why me?! I found small comfort in the friendship I saw before my eyes however. It must be so nice to have such close friends with you all the time...

"Kana-sshi~. Do we reaaally have to go away?" I heard Woohyun ask. I looked at him and saw him trying to aegyo to stay. We're in a public place and he does that...ew. I glared at him and replied,"Go away." He got kind of shaken up and hid behind Sunggyu who just sighed and shook his head. "We'll be heading out somewhere else to give you guys some space. And to make sure Kana-sshi doesn't stab Woohyun..." Sunggyu said. He winked at the last part and walked out followed by the other Infinite guys. They all waved bye and we waved back...well that was....interesting.

I looked at Hoya and he looked like he was stressed. "Hoya-sshi?" He widened his eyes and looked at me. "Y-yes?" "Are you okay? You look...worried?" He chuckled a little. "Ah, I'm just glad they're finally gone. Even though they're my best friends, I'd much rather be trying to spend this alone time with you," he said with a big smile. I could feel the heat in my cheeks again. I tried to hide it as much as possible. Why does he have to say things like that?! Things that make me feel...important. 

"A-anyway...our food is h-here....let's eat now, yes?" I stammered out. Curse today...something is most definitely wrong with me today. The food arrived and I felt like I was in a trance from the delicious smells. "Itadakimasu!" I said and started eating. However I felt that stare again. "Uh...is there a problem, Hoya-sshi?" "Did you just say itadakimasu?" "Oh...yea. I'm used to Japanese customs quite a bit..." "Huh?" "Oh, well I'm half-Japanese, half-Korean." 

He looked at me surprised. "Half?" he questioned. I internally laughed at his confusion. I mean it made sense considering that I don't look remotely Japanese except for my eyes. But people don't tend to notice so they think I'm just Korean. "I don't believe you," he said. I looked at him in disbelief. Is he calling me a liar? On my own heritage?

"Prove it." I smirked a little and accepted his little challenge. "Hajimemae Hoya-san. Watashi no namae wa Kana desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu. Watashi wa nihonjin to kankogujin no halfu desu. Sore ga hontou desu." He looked completely lost and I laughed at his face. I haven't laughed in front of someone since...uh....well you get it. But that was extremely fun and I...liked it.

 

Hoya POV

She spoke in fluent Japanese and...I was just lost. Well she's definitely Japanese...then I heard the most angelic thing ever. She laughed. I saw how curved up into a beautiful smile and how her eyes turned into small crescents. I was beyond happy knowing I was the one to make her laugh and smile.

Soon, she got embarrassed and stopped, eating whatever she could. I smiled at her cuteness. Gosh...am I really falling for someone I just met yesterday? I looked at her, and just approved that I am definitely falling for her. The her I know so far. She really is something special. And I can't help but think all I can do is fall for her more and more.

----------------------------------------------------------

Update! Well apparently this story will not be just a summer story, but will continue throughout the school-year. Hehe, sorry guys. Vacation does that to you...but please enjoy it nonetheless! :) I hope you're enjoying everything so far! :D thank you~