Whoa

Verse

this color means whatever is written is in english 

---

 

“What are you guys doing?” Taeyeon asked as her band members continued giggling like a couple of teenage girls. “We should be rehearsing. Yunho-oppa, tell them to stop whatever they’re doing.”

 

Yunho looked over his shoulders before standing up and taking the laptop from Kangin and Junsu. “What the hell is a fanfic and are you kidding me? That is such a badly photoshopped image of Jaejoong and I.”

 

Taeyeon finally stood up to see what they were looking at. It was a photo of Yunho and Jaejoong that was photoshopped to look like they were going to kiss and it also had the other band members’ photo in it but it was barely visible because it was too small.

 

“We’re supporting characters for those star-crossed lovers,” Junsu said, filling her in. “Fans write make believe stories about all of us. Fan fictions. That’s what they call it.”

 

Kanging put his arm around Taeyeon. “There are tons of fanfic that feature us as a couple.” He laughed heartily. “Can you believe that?”

 

“I’m always the third wheel,” Junsu stated, a pout already forming on his lips.

 

Jaejoong came back from the wash room humming a song and naturally went to where the others were huddled at. “What are you guys looking—holy mother of god! What is that? Is that us, hyung?”

 

Yunho nodded grimly. “People actually read this? This is like R-rated stuff. Why am I the bottom?”

 

“At least you’re not the third wheel. I’ve read one where I’m paired up with manager-hyung!” Junsu exclaimed.

 

“I think it’s better than being paired up with Taeng or should I say Taengoo.”

 

“What’s a Taengoo?”

 

“A nickname the fans gave Taeng. As if being insanely small and cute wasn’t enough, they give her a cute nickname too.”

 

“I get pregnant? What in the world?!”

 

Jaejoong guffawed as he took the laptop from an angry Yunho but Taeyeon took it from him immediately. “Are these really written by our fans?”

 

“Yeah, it says here. It’s from our international forum, originally in English and translated to Korean. I didn’t even know we had a forum for our international fans. I thought we only had the fan café.” Junsu pressed some buttons and they were brought to another page that had their faces as its banner.

 

Taeyeon browsed through the page and noticed the username. “iingLoveJunsu. Is this your username?”

 

Junsu scratched the back of his neck and nodded shyly.

 

“It’s too late to be shy about it now, oppa. Do you ever talk to anyone?”

 

“Nah, I haven’t even posted anything yet. I don’t know if anyone would believe me if I tell them that it’s really me.”

 

“Why are you even reading these fanfics?” Yunho inquired, still trying to get rid of the mental image his fans made of him having a baby bump.

 

“They’re actually pretty entertaining if you ignore the fact that it’s about you. That’s really not hard for me to do considering how often I appear on those things.” He was clearly still bitter about being the third wheel to Jaejoong and Yunho’s  love line and even Kangin and Taeyeon’s.

 

Taeyeon was still browsing through the forum and as she scrolled down, she finally took notice of the chat box. “What’s this for?”

 

“People in the community could talk there in real time.”

 

She tried typing a simple ‘hi’ and hit enter.

 

iingLoveJunsu: hi

JaeYun: hello

KanginOppaSaranghae: hi, I love your username

 

“Why would you do that? Now I have to reply or else I would look like a snob and our fans would continue disregarding me every time they write a new fanfic.”

 

“Oppa, are you really going to tell our fans that it’s you with your username looking like that?”

 

Junsu thought about it for a while and eventually agreed that he might need to make another account with a username that didn’t include profanity and his declaration of love for himself.

 

“They’ll go bananas if they ever find out we logged in.”

 

“I don’t know. If I weren’t so busy with my stuff I probably would make an account and take time to talk to our fans too.” Everyone looked at Yunho and wondered what he was talking about. They all have the same schedule and all they do was rehearse together, go home and sleep.

 

“Are you dating someone right now, oppa?”

 

Yunho just shot her a meaningful smile and before the others could even say anything, one of their managers came bearing good news.

 

“Hi, Jungsoo-hyung,” Yunho greeted.

 

“I have good news.”

 

“You’re going to serve for the military permanently?” The four other members laughed at what Kangin said. They’re not exactly the biggest fans of the guy and would constantly wish for him to go leave them alone but the five of them owe him a lot. They’re left with no choice but to pretend like they’re joking but they all know they mean it when they say stuff like that.

 

“No, better. Someone called us up and asked for you guys.”

 

“Oh my god, are you going to make us perform at another pepper festival?” Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

 

“I wouldn’t mind going to a beef festival. Don’t you dare judge me, Kangin. We all love eating beef,” Junsu said defensively.

 

“Someone who heard about you guys through the internet asked for you to attend and perform at a Kpop Convention.”

 

“Oh cool, are we going to Thailand again?”

 

“Nope. We’re going to LA.”

 

Junsu nudged Taeyeon and asked, “Where?”

 

“Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA, USA? Oh my god!”

 

Jungsoo smiled proudly as if he actually did something more than answering the phone and saying yes to the offer.

 

“Holy crap,” Taeyeon mumbled as she got buried in the group hug.

 

“Oh my god! You should be more ecstatic than that, Taeng.” Kangin was all smiles as he held Taeyeon by the shoulders.

 

“I am…I just can’t believe this is actually real. Ouch! What the hell was that for, oppa?!” She glared at Kangin and rubbed her stinging cheek.

 

“It’s real. Believe it!”

 

“When is this happening, Jungsoo-hyung?”

 

“Two months from now. After you wrap up your national tour.”

 

Taeyeon had to sit down to take all of it in. She couldn’t help but feel like everything was still all a dream. Nationwide tour and now they’re invited to perform at another Kpop Convention abroad. If you had asked her if she expected anything like this to happen she would’ve laughed and said no. Her biggest dream when all of this started was to perform in front of a small crowd. It didn’t even matter if they were fans or not, what mattered is they were watching and listening intently to their songs.

 

Everything felt so surreal now and before she continued floating on cloud nine, she fished her phone out of her favourite place to stash it in, inside one of the throw pillows and sent a text to her sister saying that they should go out for dinner later.

 

She later received a message from Yoona saying she wasn’t going to be able to join her for dinner because she had to stay late for a school activity.

 

Instead of going out with her band members, she chose to go straight home after their practice. She opened her laptop, which was finally rid of the random pop ups, and searched for the forum that Junsu showed them earlier.

 

She’s been staring at it for five minutes now, wondering if she should really make an account and when she’s finally decided that she was going to do it, she spent another ten minutes thinking of a username.

 

“This should do.”

 

She filled in all the details and hit “Enter.” She was notified that that username was already taken so she added another ‘x’ to ‘xTaeyeonx’ making it ‘xxTaeyeonx.’

 

She got the same notification.

 

“Are you kidding me? How many x should I add?” She changed it completely and typed in xTaengoox instead. Still taken.

 

“Mother of god!”

 

xKimTaeyeonx: Username’s already taken.

KimTaengoo: Username’s already taken.

Taengooxxx: Username’s already taken.

 

“Holy mother of mary!”

 

iLoveKimTaeyeon: Username’s already taken.

iheartKimTaengoo: Username’s already taken.

ihearteuKimTaengoo: Username’s available.

 

“Are you kidding me?” She was redirected to another page that was stating the rules and regulation of the forum. “I’m worse than Junsu-oppa.”

 

She scrolled down the page and read the messages on the page’s mini chat box. She was surprised to see so many of them spazzing about them online.

 

JaeYun: I’m excited to see all of them on their first concert.

xxKimTaeyeonxx: you’re so lucky you’re old enough to fly to South Korea to see them

 

“Oh, wow. They would fly to South Korea just to see us.”

 

She read a few more sentences that she could understand and was touched to see that their fans would go to such lengths just to see them perform. She was getting tempted to drop a message but she wasn’t sure anyone would believe her especially with that ridiculous username that she came up with. She really wanted to drop a hint to those who are living in LA or those who live nearby that they would be there after they finish their nationwide tour.

 

Before she could even type a message, the doorbell rang.

 

“Who is it?” No one answered and so she was forced to look through the peep hole and there she saw Yoona with a party hat on, holding up a tiny cake with two candles on it.

 

She opened the door for her sister.

 

“Congratulations, unnie! I heard the big news from Kangin-oppa so I decided to just ditch the people from school and come home as soon as I could.

 

Taeyeon suddenly remembered the time they got an invite to perform in Thailand, their first ever performance outside of the country and how Yoona did the same thing to congratulate her.

 

“I’ll ask you to make a wish but it’s not even your birthday and that wish has already probably come true so just blow out the candles, unnie.”

 

Taeyeon laughed but she didn’t dare waste the chance to wish for one more thing.

 

I want to be able to date someone this year…okay, that’s selfish. Scratch that. No wait, I really do want that. A girl could dream.

 

She blew out the candle and beamed at her sister.

 

“You wished for something, didn’t you?”

 

“Yup.”

 

 

---

 

 

“This is how you spend your free day? You didn’t lock your door, by the way.”

 

Jessica removed her arm that was over her eyes and stared at her sister’s back. She regretted telling her to visit every time she has a time since the younger Jung seemed to always have a day off from school.

 

“Shouldn’t you be busy with school work? You’re a senior in high school. Shouldn’t you be busy polishing your application for the university that you like?”

 

Krystal, who was clad in her uniform and who had her hair up in a bun, laughed as she sat on the kitchen counter. “Like it’s hard getting into the university that I would like to go to?”

 

“You should not be too complacent.”

 

“Unnie, come on, this is me we’re talking about.”

 

The Jung sisters. You know how people are blessed with good looks, intelligence and loaded parents…well, people aren’t but the Jung sisters certainly are. Born from a wealthy family, blessed with good genes and still not lacking in the brains department. Define perfection. Krystal and Jessica Jung.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes at her smug sister’s words and how her face looked as if she was talking about national security. “Why are you here?”

 

“I wanted to hang out with you. We should go out. You can’t just laze around all day.”

 

“Krys, I work six days a week for a snobby diva who thinks the whole world revolves around her. I think I have the right to laze around once a week.”

 

“Why are you even working as someone’s personal assistant? You didn’t go to school to do that for the rest of your life, did you?”

 

“She has connections and working with her would—did you come here to interrogate me about my life choices?”

 

“Are you even dating anyone?”

 

“Oh god, dad sent you, didn’t he?”

 

Krystal sighed. “You two still aren’t talking?”

 

“It’s not my fault.”

 

“Unnie, it’s been years. I think he’s moved on from Jae-oppa. You should really try talking to him again. Do you know how excruciating it is to see you two treating each other like strangers every time you come home?”

 

“You’re being too melodramatic, Krys.”

 

“I—fine but are you really not dating anyone?”

 

“Nope, too busy.”

 

“Are you too busy to go to shopping with your favourite sister?” Krystal pouted and balled her fists, placing them below her eyes and acted like a purring cat. Jessica knew then it was a lost cause to even try and say no.

 

“You’re my only sister. Come here.”

 

Krystal hopped off the counter and sat beside her sister on the couch. The older Jung hugged her sister and asked, “Can I get some sleep before we go out?”

 

“Nope.”

 

Her phone rang that familiar tone from Star Wars every time they show the Darth Vader. Goddammit, can’t I get one day of rest?

 

“Yes, ma’am?”

 

“Jessica, I need you to look up something for me. You’re Korean, right?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Great. A friend of mine asked me a favour to host an event and you know how I don’t like looking clueless in front of people.”

 

I didn’t know you had friends. “Who is it?”

 

“Some Korean band named Na…the hell kind of name is Na? Like Sodium? Are you familiar with them?”

 

“No but I do think their name means ‘I’ or 'me' in Korean.”

 

“Sure. Whatever. I just need to know stuff about them. You know what to do. The show is not until next month though. That’s all.”

 

“By—okay, rude. Didn’t even say goodbye.”

 

“Is it the evil witch?”

 

“Yup, the evil witch just gave me homework to do but enough about Na. I need to put something in my tummy first. Let’s go.”

 

 

____

the songs i use for my title make no more sense i'm so sorry. whoa by paramore 

and i'm really not gonna name jessica's lady boss so she shall remain as lady darth vader