Goodbye To You

Verse

 

The days went by too quickly for Taeyeon and Jessica and now it was time for the latter to go back to LA.

 

Taeyeon was helping her pack her things. Jessica broke the silence that engulfed them. “You don’t have to go with me to the airport tomorrow.”

 

“But I could see you off. I don’t think it would be a big deal.”

 

Jessica smiled. “I don’t think I could stop myself from initiating any intimate contact if you go with me tomorrow.” She zipped her bag securely and sat beside Taeyeon on the bed. “Don’t look so sad. When I get back to the states we could still talk like we did before.”

 

Taeyeon leaned her head on Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica wrapped an arm around Taeyeon’s waist and leaned her head on top of Taeyeon’s. “I wish I could be with you all the time, Sica.”

 

“We’ll always be together. Not physically but I’ll always be here. You could always talk to me about everything.” She turned her head and kissed Taeyeon’s forehead. “I’ll visit you when I absolutely have nothing to do and you could do the same.”

 

Taeyeon merely nodded. It wasn’t just about the distance that she was getting sad about but also the fact that she couldn’t even date her openly. She knew it was going to take a toll on Jessica and eventually their relationship. She just doesn’t know to what extent.

 

“Sica, thank you.”

 

“For what?”

 

“For being understanding.”

 

“I love you, Taengoo. Accepting your career and the limitations of dating you is the least I can do.

 

Taeyeon lifted her head up and stared at Jessica. “I love you a lot, Sica.”

 

Jessica giggled and ruffled her hair. “Stop frowning, will you? You look better when you smile.”

 

Taeyeon smiled but her worries never really left her mind. “Taengoo, can you stay with me tonight?”

 

“Gladly.”

 

Taeyeon leaned forward for a kiss but she should’ve known that when it comes to Jessica, one kiss was never really enough.

 

Next thing she knows, she was already on her back and Jessica was on top of her, kissing her. The younger girl’s lips trailed from her lips down to her neck. Taeyeon held Jessica’s waist as the latter straddled her.

 

The ringing of her phone was ignored as the two said their farewell in their own way.

 

 

---

 

 

“Taeyeon-unnie?” Yoona rubbed her eyes when she saw Taeyeon entering their apartment. “Where have you been? You weren’t answering your phone.”

 

The older Kim smiled in delight. “I was with a friend, Yoona-unnie.”

 

“Which friend?”

 

“You’re still sleepy,” she said when she saw Yoona stifling a yawn. “Stop interrogating me and go back to sleep.”

 

“Taeyeon-unnie, are you hiding things from me?” Taeyeon just laughed and pushed Yoona back to her room.

 

“It isn’t something you should worry about. Go back to bed, Yoongie.”

 

“Can I sleep with you in your room instead?”

 

She agreed mostly because she can’t really say no to her baby sister. The sisters entered the eldest Kim’s room and the younger one comfortably lay down on her sister’s bed. Taeyeon changed into her pajamas. She checked the time and it was already half past six. In a few hours, Jessica would be boarding a plane and they’d be thousands of miles away from each other again. She lay beside her sister who was still half-awake.

 

Yoona draped her arm across her sister’s tummy and comfortably snuggled against her sister. “Unnie, you smell like a girl.”

 

“That’s probably because I am  a girl, Yoongie.”

 

“You smell like some other girl.”

 

“No, I don’t.” Taeyeon pursed her lips, wondering if she does smell like Jessica.

 

“You,” Yoona yawned, “do.”

 

“That’s sleep talking right there. Good night, Yoongie. Love you.”

 

“I love you, too, unnie.”

 

Taeyeon checked her phone to send a message to Jessica before getting some shut-eye.

 

 

---

 

 

Jessica had Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Sunny to send her off. She was happy that they were there but a part of her still wishes that Taeyeon was also there. She’s been reading Taeyeon’s message ever since she got inside Sooyoung’s car until they arrived at the airport.

 

I love you. Let’s not miss each other too much. We’ll talk soon.

 

It was time for Jessica to check in her luggage and to say goodbye to her friends and her cousin. She hugged Sooyoung and wished her well to which the tall girl responded with, “You better bring someone the next time you come back. Don’t waste your beauty. Be like me.”

 

Jessica playfully shoved her and went to hug Sunny. “Take care of my stupid best friend, Sunny Bunny.” She tapped the girl’s .

 

“Hands off, Sica. Why’d you have to molest my girlfriend?” Hyoyeon stared at her disapprovingly.

 

Jessica pulled away from Sunny and enveloped the glaring in a tight hug. “Oh, don’t be jealous,” she said, doing the same thing to Hyoyeon’s .

 

“Touch my again and I will break all of your fingers.” Jessica pulled away and smiled. “She’s not even going to see you off?” Hyoyeon whispered and Jessica shook her head.

 

“I told her not to.”

 

“This is going to end badly I just know it.”

 

Jessica hit her in the arm. “Stop jinxing it. This is going to work out. I’m positive and I think she’s the one.”

 

Hyoyeon made a face. “You are so ing cheesy. You should not be looking for the one. You should look for yr other half. Look at me.”

 

Jessica just laughed. “This is coming from a person who cursed me about being cheesy literally just seconds ago. I am expecting you to propose to Sunny within this year, Hyo.”

 

“Hey, what are you two whispering abut? Sunny, don’t you just feel left out?” Sunny simply shrugged at Sooyoung’s query.

 

“I’ll be going now.” She gave them a warm smile before turning around and walking away from them. Deep inside she was still hoping that Taeyeon would be there to stop her and tell her to stay longer but of course that was all just wishful thinking.

 

 

---

 

 

Jessica has been busy sending her resume out to different broadcasting stations and was waiting for them call back for a schedule interview. It has been a week since she got back to LA and as usual she and Taeyeon would talk on Skype every chance they get.

 

Jessica stared at the image of Taeyeon that was bundled up in blankets. “Why couldn’t you have gotten sick when I was still in Seoul. How am I supposed to take care of you?”

 

“I’ll be fine. It’s just a simple cold. Why would you want me to be sick while you’re here? If that really happened, then how will we be able to cuddle or kiss without you catching a cold like me?”

 

Jessica clicked her tongue, “You’re sick and that’s the only thing you could think about?”

 

“Hey, when you were here all you talked about was cuddling.” Taeyeon sneezed. Her nose was starting to become as red as a tomato.

 

“Even if you got sick while I was there, I’d still cuddle with you.”

 

“Really? Even if my nose is this runny?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Taeyeon showed her dorky grin. “That’s sweet. It might end up being gross but it’s still sweet.”

 

“You look cute like this though.”

 

“Wrapped in blankets?”

 

“Mmhm.”

 

“I thought you’d find it better when I have nothing on.”

 

“Still a byuntae even when you’re sick.” Taeyeon chuckled but it was followed by a series of coughing fits. “You okay?”

 

“I’m fine.” Teyeon started dozing off. The aftereffects of the medicine that she took. Jessica was torn between letting her rest to talking to her even more.

 

“I’ll let you sleep now.”

 

Taeyeon tried getting up but her head just felt so heavy. “No, no. I’d feel better more quickly if we keep talking.”

 

“You have no scientific basis for that.”

 

“Science can’t explain love.”

 

Jessica cringed. “Cheesy Taengoo again. I’m still not sure how to feel about it.”

 

“You just have to embrace it and get used to it.”

 

“What if one day we run out of things to talk about?” she blurted.

 

“I doubt that but if that happens, I’ll be fine just staring at you.

 

“You’re not going to get tired of seeing me?”

 

“Never. I could stare at you for the rest of my life and that still wouldn’t be enough.”

 

“You’re getting really good at saying romantic things now.”

 

“Telling the truth helps. I love you. It actually scaring me how much I do. In a short amount of time, you’ve climbed up on top of that list.”

 

Jessica creased her eyebrows and wondered if Taeyeon still knew what she’s talking about. “What list? Do you have a list of girls you’re secretly dating?”

 

 Taeyeon shook her head. “List of people that I care about and love the most.”

 

“Who’s on top of that list and what number am I on?”

 

“Yoona, my sister, of course. You’re quickly climbing up to second place.”

 

Jessica feigned a gasp. “That quick? Wow!”

 

“I might be sick and high on meds but I could still sense your sarcasm!” Taeyeon sneezed and Jessica laughed. She knew she shouldn’t be laughing but it was such a cute sight. She might have joked about what Taeyeon said about her being the second most important girl in her life but she honestly feels the same way about the girl. It scared her too how her world’s starting to revolve solely around her.

 

Everything seemed to go so quickly and it just felt so right that her worries were pushed back and was replaced with thoughts of spending the rest of her life with Taeyeon.

 

“If we have an argument, you’re going to be sleeping on the couch.”

 

“What? Why?” Taeyeon whined. “Can’t we fight and still sleep on the same bed?”

 

“No.” Jessica hugged her knees and moved her laptop so she can see Taeyeon more clearly.

 

They’ve been a couple for five months now and in those months, Taeyeon has flown to LA to visit her quite a number of times and Jessica has flown back to Seoul thrice. They’ve both agreed that it was easier for them to go out on dates in LA than in Seoul.

 

Jessica has been hired by a huge broadcasting company and has started to work for them but she was still hoping she could produce a show that’s not about following these people and watching them blow up on each other and pull each other’s hair out.

 

Taeyeon and her band were preparing for a new album and they have lesser time to talk to each other but when they do, the make sure to spend it on planning and talking about the future.

 

It started when Taeyeon posed a question that has taken Jessica aback. “Do you see yourself still being with me, say 10 years from now?”

 

It took Jessica a while to answer “Yes” but she did and from then on, the two of them would talk about the things they would do someday.

 

“We are not going to name our son Anakin, Taengoo.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“He would get bullied.”

 

“Can we name our daughter Hermione?”

 

Jessica just stared at her, not amused.

 

There were times when they’d talk about the house they’d live in.

 

“I want a pink house by the sea shore.”

 

“I want a house on top of a hill, shaped like a mushroom.”

 

“Taengoo.”

 

“Fine. A pink house on top of a hill. We could put a swimming pool and a slide.”

 

“You are such a kid.”

 

“And then we’d have two dogs.”

 

“I want a cat.”

 

“Okay. One dog and one cat.”

 

“And a fish.”

 

“Food for your cat?”

 

“Okay, no fish.”

 

And then there were times like this when they’d talk about things that married couple would go through and experience.

 

“We shouldn’t fight then so I don’t have to sleep on the couch.”

 

“If you promise not to do anything stupid or do something that would make me angry then we won’t be fighting.”

 

“Alright, I promise.”

 

Jessica smiled, satisfied at what she just heard. “You’re not using your phonograph. Is it broken?”

 

Taeyeon looked at it and shook her head. “I might wake Yoong up. She just got home a few hours ago. Use yours.”

 

Jessica stood up and picked a record that she hasn’t listened to in a while. The phonograph that they both have were bought at an antique shop that they passed by when Taeyeon flew in from Seoul and decided to go on a road trip.

 

Jessica sat back on her bed and heard Taeyeon humming along. Taeyeon was fiddling with her phone and she didn’t notice Jessica’s return. Jessica continued admiring the innocent look on Taeyeon’s face. There was really something enchanting about her that pulls Jessica in. They’ve been together for half a year and she still couldn’t figure it out.

 

“I’ll be going in a bit. Jungsoo-oppa texted me and he wanted to meet.”

 

“Why?”

 

Taeyeon shrugged. “I’ll be back soon though.”

 

“Oh okay. See you. Take care.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t say anything but instead, she waved at Jessica with a dorky grin on her face.

 

 

---

 

 

“Do you have anything to say to me?”

 

Taeyeon put her coat on the empty chair next to her and browsed the menu. She called a waiter over and placed her order, taking her time to answer their manager’s staright-forward question. “You were the one who asked me to be here, oppa,” she finally responded, not trying to hide the spite in her voice.

 

Jungsoo leaned forward and smiled. The smile Taeyeon despises the most. “Are you sure you don’t have anything to say to me?”

 

“I’m sure.” She called the waiter again and told him that her food was for to go. When her food arrived, she politely excused herself and left the place.

 

Jungsoo dialled the road manager’s number and waited for him to pick up. “If Taeyeon leaves the country again, tell me and I want to know where she’s going. Get all the details if you could.”

 

Jungsoo left a hefty amount of tip on the table before he left. He was frustrated that he didn’t get the answer he wanted to hear but he was determined to get it. He had a gut feel that Taeyeon was doing something and she was hiding it from all of them.

 

Jungsoo’s not going to let it end up the same way it did with Yunho. Not on his watch again.

 

 

____

will edit any typos later

the end is near bwahahahahah

Goodbye to you by Michelle Branch

yes i am using sad songs now hahah