True Love

Verse

 

They decided to watch a movie and that’s what they did for the first thirty minutes of the movie. The remainder of it was spent on giggling and throwing popcorn at each other’s hair.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t exactly sure how all that led to Jessica grabbing her collar and kissing her. It took her quite a while to realize that Jessica was really kissing her. When she responded to the kiss, the girl was about to pull away but it was her turn to pull Jessica’s face closer.

 

It went on until the credits started rolling and the lights inside the cinema house were switched back on. They were panting when they pulled away from each other.

 

Jessica leaned back on her seat and watched as Taeyeon put a finger on her own lips and smiled like an idiot. The older girl was going to ask the younger one why she suddenly did that but the guard told them it was time to clear the cinema.

 

The two walked to the car park with their hands glued together. None of them spoke. When they got inside Jessica’s white bimmer, one look from Jessica was all it took for Taeyeon to reach over the driver’s seat and continue where they’ve left off. It took a great amount of self-control, especially for Jessica, for them to get out of there and to get back to Jessica’s place.

 

Jessica intended to take what they were doing earlier a notch higher when they reached her bedroom but before she could do that, Taeyeon stopped her.

 

“Wait, wait. I don’t think I’m ready. I know I’m going to regret doing  this and I could already imagine all my band mates giving me a disappointed look is they ever find out but I’m...just not...ready yet.”

 

Jessica got off of her and let go of her shirt. “Okay...I—I’m sorry. I kind of got carried away. I forgot you haven’t done this before. Sorry.”

 

“No, it’s—I should be sorry. I—“

 

“Taengoo, you didn’t do anything wrong.” Jessica giggled and put a finger under the older girl’s chin. She leaned in and placed a kiss on Taeyeon’s lips. “We’ll take it slow.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and mentally prepared herself for what’s to come. What she was anticipating for didn’t happen though. It was actually the exact opposite. “Where are you going?” She sat up when Jessica got off the bed and started heading to the bathroom.

 

“I’m going to take a cold shower.”

 

“What? Why? I thought we were—“

 

Jessica started laughing and for a second, Taeyeon thought she was going to roll on the floor from laughing too much. “Oh my god, you little ert! When I said ‘we’ll take it slow,’ what I meant was we’ll go there but not now. We’ll be taking baby steps.”

 

“You couldn’t have made that clearer?” Taeyeon deadpanned.

 

“You’re a peach.”

 

“Can we take a shower together? That’s considered ‘baby steps,’ right?”

 

“Nope, sorry, dear. That train has left and you refused to get on it.” Jessica winked and slammed the bathroom door shut. Taeyeon grabbed a pillow and buried her face in it before screaming her lungs out.

 

 

---

 

 

The couple was sitting on a bench at a park that they passed by on their way home from dinner. The younger girl insisted that they stay out a bit longer. She only said that to stop Taeyeon from watching the scariest things on TV. She wasn’t sure how the midget manages to find those things.

 

Taeyeon swatted away the mosquitoes that are feasting on her neck like pesky little vampires. “Look,” she raised her chin up and pointed a finger to the itching spot. “These mosquitoes are biting my neck. Let’s go back to your apartment.”

 

Jessica only snuggled closer to her and kissed that spot on her neck.

 

“Your lips are soft and all but what I really need right now is to get out of here and put a cream on it so it would stop itching.”

 

Jessica shot her a glare and shoved her away. “You are so...unromantic.”

 

“This is what you get from listening to our songs. Your standard shot up from average to ungodly.”

 

“It’s not that. You have a oo and I kissed it to make it feel better and you say ‘Oh thanks’ and then you kiss me. That’s how it works.”

 

“oo really? That sounds like a movie. This is not a movie.”

 

Jessica sighed and went back to her previous position. “Could you sing me a song?”

 

Taeyeon thought about it for a second and started tapping a finger on the armrest of the bench. “Everybody...yeah. Rock your body...yeah. Every—“

 

“Sing a song for me. A song that actually means something.”

 

“It does mean something. I really liked the Backstreet Boys.”

 

“A song that would remind you of me when you hear it. That’s what I meant,” Jessica whined.

 

“Would it count if I say that from now on, you’d be the first person I’d think of every time I hear a Backstreet Boys song?”

 

“That’s your song for me? Everybody?

 

“They have other romantic songs. I’m not good at this. I can’t think of any romantic song like right now I’m thinking of the itsy bitsy spider song—“

 

“I know my song for you.”

 

“I would ask what it is but if you start singing and you sound awful ...I don’t want to be mean but I don’t want to lie either so—“

 

“Sometimes I hate every single stupid word you say. Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face.” Taeyeon frowned a bit especially when she saw Jessica’s sickeningly sweet smile.

 

“There’s no one quite like you, you push all my buttons down. I know life would without you. At the same time, I wanna hug you. I wanna wrap my hands around your neck.

 

You’re an but I love you and you make me so mad I ask myself ‘Why I’m still here, oh where could I go?’ You’re the only one I’ve ever known but I hate you. I really hate you so much I think it must be...

 

True love, True love. No one else can break my heart like you.”

 

“That’s...really sweet. To know that you want to strangle me to death...wow! Is this still about me asking you to keep this relationship a secret?”

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

Taeyeon laughed heartily. “You’re refreshing and I didn’t know you could sing really well.”

 

“Well, what can I say? I’m pretty ing perfect.” She stood up and pulled Taeyeon with her. “Let’s go home before these goddamn mosquitoes decide to put up a blodd bank and us dry. Oh can I just say that it was pretty stupid of you to rent a room in a fancy hotel when you’re practically squatting at my place.”

 

Taeyeon held her hand tighter and smiled. “I’ll check out of the hotel tomorrow.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Krystal, what the are you doing here?” Jessica panicked when she saw her younger sister sitting comfortably on her couch. She regretted the day she decided to give her the spare keys.

 

She just woke up and this would’ve been a pleasant surprise if it weren’t for her sleeping girlfriend who told her days ago that keeping their relationship a secret was the right thing to do.

 

“Key and I were going to hang out somewhere but his dad called and said he wanted to have brunch with him. He didn’t want me to go with them because according to that diva, I’ll ruin his bonding moment with his daddy whose attention he craved so much so now I’m here.” She grinned. “Thank you for the warm welcome, unnie. Why is your room locked?”

 

“I had an inkling that you’d barge into my house and ruin my sleep.”

 

The younger girl giggled. “Yeah, it was my intention to do that. Do you want to have brunch with me so I could still ruin Key’s brunch with his dad?”

 

“No.”

 

“You’re no fun. You should get laid.” Krystal laughed even more when she saw her sister’s priceless reaction. “Sooyoung-unnie told me.”

 

The door to her bedroom was slowly opening and she clearly remembered closing it when she got out which could only mean that Taeyeon was awake.

 

She was going to distract her sister but the latter’s gaze has already fallen on the door.

 

“Someone else is inside your room?” Krystal jumped off of the couch and ran towards her room but the older of the two had an advantage and she got there faster.

 

Jessica pulled the knob and closed the door once again. What she couldn’t stop was Taeyeon groaning in pain when she got hit by that same door.

 

“Oh my god! Someone’s really inside there. I wanna meet her. Get out of the way, unnie.”

 

“You can’t.”

 

“Sica.”

 

Krystal gasped once again when she heard Taeyeon calling for Jessica and the older sibling could only frown. “Krys, you either leave right now or never be allowed to enter my house ever again.”

 

“Oh my god! It’s someone famous, isn’t it?”

 

“Get out!”

 

Krystal huffed and whined. “Where am I supposed to go and did that person really call you with your nickname? Is this something serious?”

 

“Krystal Jung.”

 

“Fine. You’ll eventually tell me about this.”

 

Krystal left and Jessica made sure she was really gone before she went to Taeyeon.

 

The girl was sitting on the floor, rubbing her forehead. “What was that about?”

 

“It was my sister. I didn’t know she was going to come.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Well, don’t sound so upset. This was your idea.” Jessica gently checked up on the forming bump on her forehead. Taeyeon sighed and Jessica knew she had to stop doing that. “Okay. This would be the last time you’d hear anything from me about...that.”

 

Taeyeon looked up and leaned her head to the door. The two of them sat there, not wanting to back out of their staring contest. “You have every right to make feel ty about it. It was stupid of me to ask that much from you. I really shouldn’t have done that.”

 

Jessica moved and sat beside her. “I’ve already agreed to it and it was not so nice of me to still continue throwing it at your face. I’m sorry.”

 

Taeyeon turned to her side and gently pulled Jessica’s head closer, before placing a kiss on her forehead. She pulled away, lips still touching the spot that she kissed, and whispered, “I’m not sure what good deed I did in my past life to deserve you.”

 

Jessica smiled and grabbed Taeyeon by the hem of her shirt. “This sweet talking that you do kind of makes up for the fact that you’re unromantic.”

 

The two of them sat there staring blankly ahead while Taeyeon had an arm around Jessica’s shoulder and the latter had her arm wrapped around Taeyeon’s waist.

 

“What are we trying to achieve here?”

 

“Hmm?” Jessica looked up to see a grinning Taeyeon.

 

“We look like we’re filming a dramatic movie scene. Like one of us is going to die soon. Ouch!” She got a playful punch in the gut courtesy of Jessica.

 

“Does your forehead still hurt?”

 

“Mm-hmm. Maybe if you kiss it, I would feel better.”

 

Jessica did and Taeyeon just couldn’t help but make fun of her. It was so easy. “Nope. It still hurts. That kiss thing doesn’t work.”

 

“If you had balls, I would’ve kicked it by now.”

 

 

---

 

 

Jessica waited for her girlfriend to fall asleep before dialling a number on her phone. When her cousin finally picked up, she eagerly told her that she’d be coming to Seoul in a week. Sooyoung squealed and enumerated all the things that they should do once Jessica arrives.

 

She could only laugh at her cousin’s crazy itinerary that’s she’s set up for her. All she had to do now was squeeze in the time that she’d spent with Taeyeon.

 

“There’s this bar at Itaewon. Lots of pretty girls. We are both going to have fun! I’m so excited!”

 

“Yeah, I could sense that.” She chuckled and switched her laptop on to book a flight.

 

“Are you going to stay with me or with Hyo and Sunny?”

 

“Well, I plan on staying at a hotel. I don’t want to barge into your houses like that.”

 

“Sica, you’re my cousin. Hyo’s your best friend. That would not be an intrusion. The hell are you on?”

 

“I’ll really be fine staying at a hotel.”

 

“Suit yourself.”

 

“Well, I have to go now. Bye, Soo. I’ll see you guys soon.”

 

Sooyoung bid her goodbye and she went back to bed, cuddling closer to Taeyeon. The smile on her face never left. Just thinking about spending more time with her girlfriend is already making her happy.

 

“Good night, dear.” She blushed, feeling slightly embarrassed at what she said even though no one heard it.

 

 

 

____

short update my brain's fried i didn't know it'd be this hard to write a prequel to something

Title: True Love by Pink lol jessie's song for taeng 

and i see some of you asking for a rated chapter lol soon (i think)