Issues

Verse

Jessica had this strong urge to stare at Taeyeon who was browsing the menu but she knew she couldn't be caught staring. The waiter came and asked for their orders. 

 

"Didn't you just eat dinner?"

 

"I'm hungry again," she answered as nonchalantly as possible. Earlier she managed to ignore the fact that the girl she was talking to was the same girl she's been crushing on but now, she just couldn't seem to do it anymore. Her heart's racing and she feels like she just ran ten miles every time Taeyeon looks at her. 

 

"You're a shikshin." 

 

Jessica glared at her but when she saw Taeyeon grinning, she had to look away to stop the blush that was creeping up on her face. "So what?"

 

The shorter girl chuckled and remembered one of their conversations. "And to think you can't cook anything."

 

Jessica was going to retort and she was going to keep this topic alive because she knew she's in trouble if Taeyeon decides to change it but it was too late. She must've dozed off longer than she thought.

 

"So you really like me, huh?"

 

"I like Kim Taeyeon the lead vocalist of Na. You're...you're still Taeng's number one fangirl."

 

"Okay, if that would make you feel better then fine." She chuckled again and if Jessica didn't find it cute, she would've reached across the table and strangle the short girl's neck. "I like you, too, you know."

 

When she saw a forming on Jessiac's face, she backpedalled. "I mean, I like talking to you and it has nothing to do with you being our fan. If we had met in a different circumstance I bet I would still like you...talking to you."

 

There was an awkward silence and it remained even when the waiter has already arrived with their order. Jessica couldn't take the atmosphere anymore so she decided to break the silence, not knowing that it would only thicken the tension. "If you didn't lie to me, I probably would still have a crush on you."

 

Taeyeon looked at her incredulously. "You're saying you don't have a crush on me anymore?"

 

Jessica didn't respond and instead, she continued eating and casting her gaze elsewhere. Of course, she wasn't saying that. Technically she did but it's not like she meant it. She still admired the famous celebrrity Kim Taeyeon and although she wouldn't admit it, especially to the other girl, she also enjoyed talking to "Taeng" probably as much as Taeyeon did. She appreciated the short girl's effort of staying up late just so they could talk and now that she knows Taeyeon had a busy schedule but still did all of that for her, it made her admire Taeyeon even more.

 

Just when she thought Taeyeon has finally decided to drop the topic, the shorty brought it up again. "So who are you crushing on now? Jaejoong-oppa?"

 

"No. I don't really look at guys that way anymore. Yeah, they're all good-looking but I like girls more."

 

Taeyeon nodded at the blunt confessio and the two finished their meal in silence. When it was time to pay, Jessica brought out her credit card and told the waiter that their bills would be separate. Taeyeon reached for her wallet that was on her back pocket while mumbling something alone the lines of, "She really wasn't going to pay for my food. Meanie."

 

Just as she was about to pull out a couple of bills, she heard Jessica say, "Is that you?"

 

She followed the taller girl's line of sight and sure enough, it was on a photo of hers when she was younger. She grinned proudly. "Of course, my face didn't change much, did it?"

 

Jessica didn't respond right away and looked as if she was in deep thought. "You have a younger sister, right?" Taeyeon nodded. "Is she still alive?"

 

"Of course, she is! What kind of question is that?"

 

"It's just that....you look so huge in that photo, I thought you ate her."

 

Taeyeon was only slightly offended. She knew Jessica was just exaggerating so instead of being full on upset, she creased her brows and pouted her lips, pointing her finger at the girl who was grinning from ear to ear. "Why are you so mean? You were angry at me for lying then I should be mad at you, too. I think you lied when you said you have a crush on me."

 

"What? You've never heard of little boys picking on their first crushes?"

 

"Are you a little boy?" Jessica ignored her and stood up. "It's not like you're cute when you were younger. I bet you had crooked teeth."

 

They were already out of the restaurant when the taller girl heard her. Jessica turned around, one hand covering .

 

“You have a weird set of teeth, do you know that?”

 

Jessica was fuming in anger once again. Her teeth had always been her complex even when she’s already had braces when she was a teen. She made a mental note not to show Taeyeon any of her pictures before she had braces and even when she had it on.

 

“Cat got your tongue?” Taeyeon taunted.

 

“I hate you. Don’t talk to me ever again.” She stomped her way down the street but Taeyeon ignored what she said and still followed the girl.

 

“You’re a sourpuss.”

 

“You’re a midget.”

 

Taeyeon just chuckled and put her hands inside her pocket. She’s very sensitive when it comes to her height but she really didn’t mind being made fun of by Jessica. She didn’t even know why she’s not that affected by the insults she’s thrown in the short span they’ve talked in person.

 

 

---

 

 

We arrived in front of the building where I assumed she lives in and before she could go inside I grabbed her arm but quickly let it go when she turn to glare at me. I raised my arms defensively. It honestly looked like she was going to punch me.

 

“I just wanted to say goodbye.”

 

“I told you not to talk to me anymore.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, you’re saying that but you never stopped me from walking you home.”

 

I saw a hint of blush on her cheeks and I had to stifle my giggle. I didn’t want to upset her even more.

 

“That’s because I didn’t want to talk to you! I thought you were going to get the hint.”

 

“Well, I didn’t and I’m already here.”

 

She scoffed. Aish, this girl! I wouldn’t have made fun of her if she didn’t start making fun of me.

 

“I’m going in now. Bye.” And with that the doorman opened the door for her and she disappeared from my line of sight.

 

The hotel we were staying at was a few blocks away from where she lived so I decided to just walk back home instead of taking a cab.

 

Now I feel empty again just like I did before I started talking to Jessica. I wonder if she really meant what she said. I tried to push my luck and decided to send her a message. I didn’t receive any reply though. She really was serious then.

 

I got back to my hotel room still hoping that she would send me a reply but after half an hour of waiting. I decided to call it a night.

 

I woke up the next day feeling like there was something missing. I went downstairs thinking that I was just hungry but even when the food in front of me looked so ic, I didn’t eat much. I went back to my room only to see Kangin-oppa looking through my phone.

 

“You’re invading my privacy again, oppa.” I grabbed my phone from him and put it on the bedside table.

 

“I didn’t go through your messages…just your pictures.” He grinned and ran away from me as fast as possible. I don’t have any embarrassing pictures, or at least I don’t think I do, but I still don’t want people touching my things without my permission. I have serious trust issues.

 

I heard the door creak and there was Kangin-oppa poking his head on the gap. “You have one new message on Skype. I didn’t read it.”

 

I honestly doubt he didn’t but I didn’t mind it that much. I was focused on opening the message. I can’t believe I’m still hoping that it’s Jessica.

 

Lo and behold!

 

Taeng: are you really not going to talk to me anymore?

Jess: what do you think?

 

I let out a laugh as I plop myself back to the bed. This girl is too difficult. I like it.

 

Taeng: wanna hang out?

 

 

____

Title: Issues by The Saturdays

please stop asking me to update soon because i get pressured and i can't get pressured i'm serious when i said that i'm sick. whether i like it or not i'll be out twice a week and be sitting on a recliner getting my blood cleaned by a machine for four ing hours. i would appreciate if you guys just wait and stop commenting "please update soon" it frustrates me to no end

 

but enough about that..i'll be all out on the cheese with the next chapters because as you all know this won't end with a happy ending so might as well let taengsic have their moments while they could