Shooting Star

Verse

Jessica couldn’t care less about her best friend and her cousin’s argument. She was still very much high from her activities with Taeyeon last night. Sunny who has given up in trying to stop the two looked at her suspiciously. “You got laid, didn’t you?”

 

Jessica’s smile dropped. The small girl’s query made her wonder if she was that obvious. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon stopped talking and the former slyly smiled. “It was with that girl Yura, wasn’t it? She’s hot.”

 

Jessica wanted to throw up in . Yura was hot but the girl just had everything that she hated in a girl. She was going to deny it but thought that the girl would be a nice scapegoat. “Yeah, her.”

 

“I knew it. I knew I could get you laid before you get back to LA!”

 

While Sooyoung celebrated, Hyoyeon cringed in disgust. “Eew, Sica, what if the girl has herpes?”

 

Sunny rolled her eyes. “Sica seemed like she enjoyed it. Let’s leave her be.”

 

“I can’t live knowing that my best friend have acquired herpes.”

 

Jessica kept shut and let the girls argue about ually transmitted disease. She smiled as she recalled what happened that morning.

 

She woke up without the presence of another individual beside her. She checked the bathroom but Taeyeon wasn’t there. She tried calling her but hung up when she saw her girlfriend’s phone on the floor.

 

“Geez, Taeyeon.” She picked it up and that’s when she heard the door opening.

 

“Good morning.” Taeyeon was walking towards her, a wide grin across her face and Jessica immediately noticed that she was wearingher clothes. “I borrowed your clothes.”

 

“Where’d you go?”

 

“I bought breakfast. I got hungry.”

 

Jessica pouted. “I wanted to cuddle.”

 

Taeyeon took out the things she bought and set them on the bedside table. “We’re not going to survive if all we do is kiss, cuddle and have . We need sustenance.”

 

Jessica pulled the duvet closer to her body and sat back down.

 

“Don’t sulk. We’ll cuddle after we eat.” Taeyeon faced her and sighed. “Sica, please put some clothes on.”

 

“I feel like we just had a one-night stand.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because we didn’t cuddle.”

 

Taeyeon had to laugh at that. She went through her girlfriend’s luggage to get Jessica a shirt. “Next time we do that, we should put our clothes back on after we do it. I don’t want us to catch a cold.”

 

Jessica stared at the shirt and lifted both arms up. Taeyeon rolled her eyes but put the shirt on her nonetheless. “Taengoo, do you not know the wonders of cuddling when you and your partner are both ?”

 

“It was really cold last night, Sica.”

 

“Because you were turning away from me!”

 

“I wanted to be the small spoon.”

 

“I didn’t want to spoon.”

 

“You should’ve told me then.”

 

“You were already snoring.”

 

Taeyeon ignored the girl’s jab at her sleeping habit and sat next to her, putting the food on her lap.

 

“You could’ve called for room service.”

 

“I was trying to be romantic because I remember a certain someone telling me how I’m the least romantic person she knows. Taeyeon ruffled Jessica’s hair as she feed her a small piece of bagel. Jessica savoured the taste. She’s been fed tons of Korean food and was craving for something that didn’t resemble the taste of kimchi so she was thankful for this. “You’re messing up my post- hair.

 

“We could just,” Taeyeon moved her eyebrows suggestively, “you know.”

 

Jessica laughed and took the bagel from Taeyeon. “Let me eat first.”

 

But nothing happened because Jessica’s friends were already calling her, saying that they were going out. “Goddammit,” she cursed audibly.

 

The three girls turned their heads towards her but she dismissed them with a wave of the hand.

 

It was a very long day for her and although she enjoyed being with the three girls, she was still hoping she could go back to the hotel soon and be with Taeyeon again.

 

“Sica, this is Joon. He’s Sunny’s cousin.”

 

Jessica politely smiled at him and shook his hand. The guy was indeed related to Sunny. He was quite chirpy and he talked as if he was being chased by a pack of wolves. Jessica wasn’t quite sure why her cousin and her best friend left her alone with him.

 

All she did was nod and pretend like she cared about what he was yapping about. “What kind of music do you listen to?” he asked.

 

“Anything that sounds good.”

 

“You know what’s a good band?” He didn’t wait for Jessica’s response. “Na.” They’re this really good Korean band. They were indie before but now they’re mainstream. Their vocalist is this girl, Kim Taeyeon, I love her.

 

Jessica’s ears perked up at the mention of her girlfriend’s name. She watched as Joon’s eyes lit up while he talked about Taeyeon. Jessica felt proud but as Joon continued, a frown started adorning her face and it never left even after she got back to her hotel room and Taeyeon was there, patiently waiting for her to arrive.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“You’re famous.” Jessica sat on her bed, shoulders hunched and stared at Taeyeon.

 

“What?”

 

“Someone talked about you today and he really seemed like he likes and that’s only one guy...what about the rest?”

 

“And you’re jealous.” Taeyeon was smiling and it made Jessica frown even more. “Haven’t we talked about this before? When you’re with me, you should stop thinking about whatI do for a living and stop thinking about our fans. You’re the one that I like.”

 

“Is it bad that I don’t want to share you to your fans?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head and stifled a laugh. “I’m all yours. When you see me performing on stage, pretend that I’m only singing for you.”

 

A smiled made its way to Jessica’s face and Taeyeon leaned in to kiss her. She slightly pulled away from Jessica and whispered, “Will it be too soon if I tell you now that I love you?”

 

Jessica stared at her face and noted how soft Taeyeon’s eyes looked at that moment. She’s not by any means a person whose hands are skilled in painting or drawing but the look on Taeyeon’s face made her wish she was.

 

She wanted to draw that beautiful pair of eyes. She felt like it would’ve been considered cheating if she only took a picture. She felt as if you could only capture the softness and the emotion behind her eyes if you recreate it yourself instead of letting the camera do it for you.

 

“It’s not too soon...and I love you, too.” Jessica watched that same pair of eyes get smaller as the grin on Taeyeon’s face gets bigger. “Taengoo please. Your dimple.”

 

 

---

 

 

Best friends only day out. That’s what Hyoyeon called it. She called Jessica to invite her out for lunch and Jessica gladly accepted it. What she wasn’t ready for was Hyoyeon’s interrogation. Her cunning best friend, however, had the decency to let her finish her meal before asking her questions.

 

“So who’s this girl you slept with?” Jessica regretted looking directly at Hyoyeon’s eyes for the latter could read her like an open book. “Don’t give me that crap about the girl with the herpes.”

 

“She doesn’t have herpes...at least I don’t think so.”

 

“That’s beside the point. Like I care about her. Tell me about this girl, the real one that you slept with. I don’t think she’s some random girl that you just met, much less through your idiotic cousin. You wouldn’t be smiling like you did yesterday if it was a random chick. I know you.”

 

Jessica sighed. There really was no use keeping a secret from her best friend. “Okay. It’s not some random girl.

 

Hyoyeon waited for her to elaborate but she didn’t. “That’s it? Are you...do you need me to give you some more time so you could formulate a lie?”

 

“Hyoyeonnie, I can’t tell you.”

 

Hyoyeon clenched her jaw at the sudden use of aegyo. “Why not? Are you dating a drug lord?”

 

“No, she’s not a drug lord.”

 

“A hum—“

 

“Not a human trafficker either. She’s really nice and she’s got a decent job.”

 

Hyoyeon stared hard at her and shrugged. “Okay.”

 

“That’s it? You’re not going to force it out of me?”

 

“You don’t seem like you’re going to let me force it out of you so why would I bother?” Hyoyeon took a sip of her drink.

 

“I really want to hug you right now.”

 

She could’ve sworn Jessica’s eyes were twinkling when she said that. “Please don’t. You’re only going to get shoved. I’m giving you a fair warning only because you’re my best friend.”

 

Jessica smiled knowing that she was stating a fact but that didn’t stop her from reaching across the table to hold Hyoyeon’s forearm. “I’m really sorry I can’t tell you who she is.”

 

“As long as you get laid, it’s all good.”Jessica pinched her arm playfully. “And as long as you’re happy, it doesn’t matter who this person is. Oh wait, you’re not having a torrid love affair with someone who’s already married, right?” Jessica shook her head. “That’s good then.”

 

Hyoyeon watched as Jessica excused herself and answered her phone. She had to admit that it was like seeing her best friend fall in love for the first time again. She was pretty sure Jessica only acted this way when she was with Jaebeom. She never saw her like this again ever since she admitted and accepted the fact that she’s more into girls.

 

When Jessica got back to their table, she was sporting a huge grin and her eyes have turned into tiny slits. “Seeing you like this is making me vomit.”

 

“Oh please, Hyo, you’re always like this with Sunny.”

 

“No, I’m not. So what now? Do you have to go to your non-drug dealing, non-human trafficking girlfriend?”

 

Jessica shook her head like a child. “We could hang out more.”

 

“It’s nice that you said that because I really didn’t want to have to drag you with me to go shopping.”

 

 

---

 

 

Jessica kept on looking at her wrist watch, checking if she still has time to prepare.

 

“You are so annoying. Do you have to go?” Hyoyeon sighed, exasperated.

 

“I don’t have to go until 5.”

 

“You idiot, it’s quarter to 5.”

 

“You don’t want to spend 15 more minutes with me?”

 

“No. Not if you keep on checking the time every ten seconds. I better go anyway.”

 

“You miss Sunny already?” Jessica teased.

 

“I miss my bed.”

 

“I’m going to tell you on Sunny.”

 

“I don’t care. Get out of my face, you wench.”

 

Jessica laughed and hugged Hyoyeon goodbye, knowing very well how cranky her best friend could get after queuing to pay for the things she fancied at the mall. “Take care, okay?” She patted Hyoyeon’s back. “Say hi to Sunny for me and let’s do this again.”

 

“Yeah, yeah. Bye. Enjoy the rest of your day with your girlfriend.” Hyoyeon turned her back on Jessica and held the smile that was on her face.

 

Jessica flagged down a cab to go back to the hotel. She was excited to have dinner with Taeyeon. It was going to be their first time going out together here in Seoul.

 

She was already dressed  and ready to go when she received a message from Taeyeon saying that they’re going to have to cancel their date.

 

To say that she was disappointed would be an understatement not only because she has already put in so much effort to get ready but also because she was really looking forward to it.

 

She dialled Taeyeon’s number and waited for the older girl to pick up.

 

“Sica?”

 

“What happened?”

 

“I’m sorry. Yoong and her friends went back earlier than expected and they invited me to go out with them. I couldn’t say no without telling them where I’m going. I’m sorry, Sica.”

 

Jessica kept mum. She thought about how difficult it was to go out with a celebrity. Truth be told, it probably would’ve been easier to date a drug dealer.

 

“It’s alright. It wouldn’t have been smart to go have dinner with me anyways.”

 

“Sica.”

 

“You can’t be see going out with someone without having your name on different news portals the next day. I know that. It’s okay. I’ll go to bed now. Have fun.”

 

“Sica, wait—“

 

Jessica had already hung up even before Taeyeon could finish her sentence. She tossed the phone to the bed and changed into her pajamas.

 

She received about five messages from Taeyeon but she didn’t bother reading any of it. She knew what she signed up for which only made her feel even more stupid for sulking.

 

She would normally fall asleep really easily but all the thinking was stopping her from going into deep slumber.

 

It was around eleven in the evening when she heard an incessant knocking. At first she thought it was from the room next to hers but when she heard a faint “Sica,” she finally stood up to get it. She felt guilt wash over her when she saw Taeyeon at the other side of the door, looking like a lost puppy.

 

“Sica, sorry.”

 

She wanted to let her in and hug her but she was still a bit upset. “Taengoo, go home.”

 

“Can we still have that dinner?”

 

“It’s late.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and Jessica cursed the girl’s adorable crestfallen face. She pulled Taeyeon by the sleeve of her shirt and pulled her inside. She then went to the bathroom to change into something more casual than the one she was wearing earlier.

 

She was now wearing a pair of skinny jeans, flats and a blue plaid flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up. She grabbed her purse and led both of them out of the building.

 

“Where to?” She looked at Taeyeon who was still frowning. “Yah, I’ve already agreed to going out even if it’s already late. Stop frowning.” She held Taeyeon’s cheeks and pushed them up.

 

“I’m sorry, Sica.”

 

“Yeah, you’ve already said that. Let’s have that dinner.” She resisted the urge to make any more intimate contact with Taeyeon in fear of press people catching them. She hailed a cab and let Taeyeon tell the driver where their destination is.

                                                                                                                                                     

They arrived at a restaurant that was cleverly hidden within the numerous clothing stores in Apgujeong. Outside, it seemed like an ordinary building but once you get inside, you’d surely admire the cozy ambiance. One thing was amiss though.

 

“Taengoo, doesn’t it seem like they’re already closing? We’re the only ones here.”

 

Taeyeon led her to a booth. “It’s supposed to be like that.”

 

Jessica immediately caught on. “You rented out the whole place?”

 

Taeyeon smiled a small smile. “No. I’m friends with the manager. I asked for a favour.”

 

Jessica narrowed her eyes. “You penny-pincher.” That got a laugh out of Taeyeon. “If we went earlier, we’d be dining with other people?”

 

Taeyeon nodded. “We’d be in a more private booth though.”

 

“Are you sure that friend of yours isn’t going to spill the beans about any of this?”

 

“He knows I’m only eating out with a friend.” Jessica felt the insecurity and hurt bubbling up again. “Other singers, even actors choose this place because of the privacy they provide.”

 

“I see.”

 

Taeyeon noticed Jessica’s mood going down once again and so she stood up from her seat and took the space next to her girlfriend. She held Jessica’s hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. “Sorry.”

 

“Stop saying that. I get it, okay? I do. I just...I want to tell people what I feel about you but I can’t and it’s really hard. I’m trying. I really am.”

 

“I know and I’m grateful that you’re trying to put up with all of this. I am. I can’t put into words how thankful I am of you...of what you’re doing. I love you. I’m in love with you and I don’t want you to get hurt and I’m aware that I’m hurting you by making you do all of these things. I’m sorry.” Taeyeon cupped her cheek and caressed it with her thumb. “I love you and I would tell everyone that if I could. I love you, Sica.”

 

Jessica looked down. All of a sudden she felt like an idiot. Here was Taeyeon telling her that she loves her and all she seemed to care about was for Taeyeon to announce it to the whole world.

 

She felt silly that it took her so much time to realize that other people knowing about their relationship, other people knowing how much Taeyeon loves her isn’t reallyimportant.

 

“I love you, too. I know this is hard for you as well. I was being a big brat. I’m sorry.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head and wrapped her arms around Jessica’s waist for a hug. Jessica was the one to pull away whispering, “We’ll hug more later. Right now, I just really want to eat. I haven’ eaten dinner yet.”

 

Taeyeon frowned. “So if I didn’t get you, you would’ve starved yourself?”

 

“Uh,” Jessica pretended to think, “yeah. Duh.”

 

 

______

Shooting Star by Hale (it's a local band) i dunno what the song means but i'm guessing it's sad hahah i really can't interpret songs properly sorry OTL

oh and here for those who didn't know yet i've posted the first chapter for chorus

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/633938/chorus-taeri-yoonsic-krysfany