You Got Me

Verse

 

Taeng: are you mad at me?

Jess: no

Taeng: why’d you abruptly end the video call yesterday then?

Jess: I just remembered that I had something important to do

 

She was lying and I know it. I’m not stupid. Who in the world has something important to do at 3 in the morning but I didn’t say anything and decided to just let it go. If she didn’t want to tell me the truth then that’s okay.

 

Taeng: can I invite you for a video call?

Jess: no

Taeng: do you have something important to do again?

 

I tried not to sound upset but she probably didn’t even notice.

 

Jess: it’s not that important

Jess: but I still have to do it

Taeng: oh okay talk to you some other time

Jess has logged out.

Taeng: take care

 

I still can’t help but feel like she’s mad at me and it’s frustrating because I don’t even know what I did wrong.

 

Now that I’m not going to be able to talk to her, I opted to hang out with my sister and her best friend.

 

 

---

 

 

They went to a bar that night and while Yuri and Yoona enjoyed themselves at the dance floor, Taeyeon had her mind elsewhere. She was constantly checking her phone for a new message but there was nothing.

 

She’s also contemplated on sending Jessica a message but only got the courage after drinking her fifth shot of tequila.

 

Taeng: if I said or did something that offended you, I’m really sorry

Taeng: I understand if you don’t want to speak to me ever again

 

She put her phone beside the shot glass and half an hour later, she received a reply from the girl. It wasn’t what she was expecting though.

 

Jess: are you drunk

Jess: why are you suddenly so emo?

 

Taeyeon scowled.

 

Taeng: well you didn’t want to talk to me

Jess: I was just doing something

Jess is inviting you for a video call.

 

She stood up and wobbled her way out of the bar before accepting it.

 

“Where are you? Are you...?”

 

“In an alley at the back of the bar, yes.”

 

“Why are you in a bar? They allowed a kid to be there?”

 

Taeyeon faked a laugh. “Very funny. My sister and her best friend thought of hanging out here.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“So you’re not really mad at me?”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Really? You really seemed like you were.”

 

“Trust me, I wasn’t upset.” Taeyeon nodded. “I just...I need you to stop saying those things.”

 

Taeyeon cocked her head to the side and asked, “What things?”

 

Jessica her lips and sighed. “Those things that you said the last time...they make me think that you like me and I need you to stop saying it because...I might believe them.”

 

The older girl sat on the gutter even though it was probably filthy. Jessica knew then that she shouldn’t have said that. It just made everything awkward.

 

“But I do like you.”

 

Jessica was surprised but she masked it really well by putting on a small smile. “I know. I like you, too, remember? You’re Kim Taeyeon. I’m a fan of yours. You and your band.”

 

“Oh, I see. I really do like you though.”

 

“Taeyeon-unnie,” Yuri called.

 

“I’ll be going now,” Taeyeon waved like a kid and ended the call.

 

Jessica let out the breath that she was holding in and put a hand over her chest, hoping that it would calm the erratic beating of her heart.

 

“I really like you, too.”

 

 

---

 

 

I woke up with a slight headache and checked the time. It was already noon. I ordered Chinese for lunch before going to the bathroom to wash up.

 

When I was staring at my reflection in the mirror, I remembered my silly little confession to Jessica the night before.

 

Did I really just tell her that I like her? I wonder how she took it. Oh wait, she had an answer. She said she likes me too but only as a fan.

 

The rejection dawned on me and it hit me hard like a ten-wheeler truck.

 

What did I do wrong in my past life? Did I commit genocide?

 

There were only a few people that I’ve liked that way and she’s the only one, I’m 200% sure of it, that’s not a fictional character. I didn’t even realize that I like her until last night when she told me to stop saying things that make it seem that I like her.

 

I heard the doorbell ringing and I walked to the door to get it. It was the food that I ordered. I grabbed my wallet and gave the delivery guy the amount that I owed.

 

I set the food on the table and wake Yoona and Yuri up. I failed in waking my sister up but at least I have Yuri to eat lunch with.

 

“Why’d you order so much, unnie?” she asked as she rid her eyes of gunk.

 

“You know how Yoong is after a drinking binge.”

 

Yuri chuckled remembering that my younger sister could eat a horse the morning after drinking so much.

 

“Last night was fun, wasn’t it?”

 

“It was okay for me. You and Yoona seemed like you had a blast.”

 

Yuri shyly rubbed her nape and we ate in silence. Jessica was still bothering me though.

 

“Yuri, how come you’re not dating anyone?”

 

“Busy with school work...but I do like someone.”

 

“Who is it?” I looked up from my plate.

 

“Uh...someone.”

 

“How did you know you like that person?”

 

“I just...knew?”

 

I laughed at how simple it is and I could somehow relate to that.

 

“What about you, unnie?”

 

“What about me?”

 

“Do you like anyone? Are you dating someone?”

 

“I’m not dating anyone.”

 

“But you like someone?”

 

I was going to say ‘yes’ but we were rudely interrupted by Yoona’s growling stomach.

 

“Come eat with Yuri. I’ll be taking a bath.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Yoong?”

 

“Yes, Yul?”

 

“Do you think Taeng-unnie likes someone?”

 

Yoona stared at her best friend that was done eating and was only playing with her food.

 

“I don’t know. Why? Are you jealou?”

 

Little did Yoona know that her joke wasn’t much of a joke for Yuri.

 

“I was just curious.”

 

“Maybe she does like someone. She’s been awfully attached to her phone and I think it has to do with the person she likes.”

 

Yuri nodded and stood up to clean hers and Taeyeon’s food containers.

 

 

---

 

 

“Sica, when are you going to visit me?”

 

Jessica almost punched the laptop’s screen because of her cousin’s disgusting display of aegyo.

 

“I’ll never go there ever again if you don’t stop doing that. You’re a dentist, for crying out loud. Act like a professional, will you?”

 

“I’m off duty/ So when are you going to South Korea again?”

 

“I don’t know. Next year?”

 

“Wow. You really want me to miss you, huh? Are you going to bring Jaebeom with you?”

 

Jessica raised her middle finger and Sooyoung laughed.

 

“You know we’ve broken up.”

 

“I know. That was me implying that you should bring a boyfriend with you when you come here. “

 

“Girlfriend,” she corrected.

 

“Oh, right.”

 

“So how’s that working out for you? Are you getting some?”

 

“No. Stop asking me that.”

 

“What? Why? Are you still single? You’re wasting your beauty, Sica. You should go out there and get all the girls you want.”

 

“I’m not interested.”

 

Sooyoung raised her brow. “You’re not interested in both guys and girls. You’re not gay, dear cousin. You’re aual.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Are you a robot?”

 

She rolled her eyes at her cousin’s absurd query. “No. I’m not interested in random girls. I actually like someone.”

 

Sooyoung’s eyes glimmered but before she could even ask, Jessica has already shut her up.

 

“I’m not going to tell you who it is.”

 

Sooyoung squinted her eyes and ended the video call.

 

“Ugh! That idiot.” Jessica closed her laptop and went to her bed. She should’ve been sleeping for hours now but her cousin ruined her sleeping plans.

 

“Time to sleep. Finally.” Her eyes were already closed but she heard the familiar ring indicating that there’s a new message on Skype. “Ugh, dammit! I should’ve logged out of this thing.”

 

She blindly searched for her phone and read the message.

 

Taeng: hi

 

Just like that her drowsiness was replaced by giddiness that she couldn’t even explain. Before she could even type a reply, Taeyeon sent another message that made her stomach flip in different directions.

 

Taeng: I think I really like you

 

 

_______

You Got Me by Colbie Caillat

 ♪You're stuck on me and my laughing eyes
I can't pretend though I try to hide - I like you
I like you.

I think I felt my heart skip a beat
I'm standing here and I can hardly breathe - you got me
You got me.

The way you take my hand is just so sweet
And that crooked smile of yours it knocks me off my feet ♪

 

isn't the song so sweet lol

trying to finish this as soon as i can because i'm excited to start "chorus"