What i want to hear

Still In Love

 “You know…

The scariest part in being loved by someone..

Is that they may stop,

Anytime…“

 

Ever since that night, sooyoung is locking up herself at her room. It’s neither the day nor the afternoon, she has been just in her room, all day long.

Worse, she is refusing to meet anyone, even aunty jin. She didn’t eat, completely avoiding and ignoring any knocks on her door’s room, either from the old lady or yoona.

Yoona has been trying, all her best to get the tall brunette to talk to her, or even for the tall girl to get out from the room. At least sooyoung can still eat, worrying so much that it can effects sooyoung’s health.

She wants to hear it badly, the reason why sooyoung doing all that things, freaked out last night, locking herself in her room all day without a word, and surely avoiding her.

Of course she is aware of the fact that it has something to do about what happen between them years ago, but yet she knows that it has something more.

Thinking about it logically, if it’s purely hate that sooyoung has on her, she wouldn’t bother to do all that things, right? sooyoung can simply say that, say it right to her, anger, furious.. but then, sooyoung doesn’t do that..

So, there must be something more…

Something that makes sooyoung terribly scared…

And it’s surely not wrong that yoona has that tiny hope about that, right?

Is it still her?

Did her engagement announcement bothering sooyoung so much?

But, even if it doesn’t, it still won’t give her any reason to take any step back…

She wants sooyoung…

Yoona loves her.. so much in love with her..

And that’s what she is doing.. proofing it to sooyoung…

 

So, there she is… sitting right in front of sooyoung’s door, having her legs bended in front of her chest, with her arms folded on her knees, and her back leaning on the wall, right beside the door’s room.

Tired of knocking for hours, yoona has been sitting there, waiting for sooyoung who doesn’t even say a word. Her lips keep on muttering words, trying to keep the tall brunette accompanying, trying to give that slight secure feeling to sooyoung, for her to feel that she is not alone.

yoona doesn’t even bother to know whether the tall girl is listening to her or not, she just want to be there for sooyoung, making up for all that years that they’ve been missing.

She can’t even put it into word for how much she misses the tall brunette..

She wants to talk to sooyoung about them.. but she knows, for that, she needs sooyoung to be in front of her, she has to make sure that sooyoung hears, knows, and understands for what she is about to tell…

And it all can wait.. the most important thing right now, she has to see whatever sooyoung is okay.. inside that locked room…

That’s why.. that words keep on flowing out from her lips..

She just wants to make sure that sooyoung doesn’t feel alone.. lonely..

“Soo.. hey.. I am in front of your room… If you’re ready to talk, let me know, okay?”

“Soo.. are you okay?”

“Do you want to eat something? do you want me to buy you something? you haven’t eat since last night.. and I am really worried right now…”

“Hey, soo… what’s bothering you? do you want to share it out?”

“Soo… if you need someone to talk with.. you know that I’m here, right?”

“….soo… I.. miss you… so much..”

Yoona mumbled her words carefully, before an old lady come closer to her spot.

 

“We can’t get this keep on going on..” aunty jin said, worriedly.

“…what can we do… to make her open the door?” yoona asked back, having her hope hanging on a thin thread.

“Well..” aunty jin paused “I think.. taeyeon might seem to be a good call..”

“Taeyeon?” yoona asked, recalling her conversation with sooyoung’s friend last night, her mind wondering about their relationship, it’s not doubt that sooyoung and the girl are close, too close for yoona actually.

“Yes..”

“What is sooyoung relationship with that girl?” yoona asked, left brow raise, a hint of jealousy clearly shown on her beautiful face.

Aunty jin eyed the tall girl, having a small smile on her face, shaking her head slightly, pretty much getting yoona jealousy.

“Yeah.. she is someone that sooyoung trust.. and taeyeon understand her pretty well..” aunty jin explained “..besides.. sooyoung feels comfortable when she is around.. and sooyoung’s behavior right now is getting worrying.. it’s getting dark, yet she hasn’t go out from there..”

Yoona sighed, there is a part of her want to refuse the old lady suggestion, wanting sooyoung to talk only to her, or maybe just got to see her. But then, she doesn’t have any other option right now.

“..okay..” she mumbled reluctantly, clearly cannot hide her jealousy.

Aunty jin stared at the yoona, giving a few pat on her shoulder “let get her out from the room first.. after that you can settle your problem with her when she is ready to talk..”

“..hmm..” yoona nodded, even if aunty jin’s word doesn’t really make her feel better.

 

It’s already around past 8PM already when taeyeon arrived at sooyoung’s apartment. She doesn’t even bother wasting her time, heading straight in front of her tall friend’s room.

After aunty jin said that sooyoung has been locking herself all day since the morning, and about her freaked out last night, taeyeon didn’t even utter any further question.

All she needs to know is whether sooyoung is okay or not…

And she needs to hear it right from sooyoung’s lips, which is why, she has been standing in front of sooyoung rooms for about 15 minutes or more, knocking on the door, calling sooyoung name’s softly, trying to persuade her to unlock the door.

While yoona has been standing behind the shorter girl, arms folded in front of her chest, looking at the short girl in mixed feeling, well.. mostly jealousy…

 

It takes another minute for sooyoung to finally give in to taeyeon’s pleading. And even so, sooyoung doesn’t even show herself. Instead, she just opened the door slightly to let taeyeon comes in, before closed it back.

And it just makes yoona completely disappointed, she left out the place, back to the living room, sitting there, having her cheeks puffed, still with her folded arms in front of her chest.

And all she does is waiting for their talk to end.

 

It’s around half an hour when the tall brunette finally going out from her room, and as soon as yoona saw her, she immediately stood up from the couch, staring at both girls, wondering whatever they were talking about.

“Hey..” taeyeon called “we are going to my nightclub..” she said, paused for a while before she added “wanna join us?”

Taeyeon’s question seems not to effect sooyoung much, she just stood still with that cold expression. And the fact that taeyeon invited her, surely tell yoona that whatever talk they had, yoona’s name doesn’t brought up.

And wasting no time, yoona gladly accept the invitation.

It took another 5 minutes for yoona to get herself ready, and taeyeon insisted to drive both girls, looking at how sooyoung doesn’t seem too well for driving.

And another 15 minutes for them to reach taeyeon’s nightclub.

 

The three girls are walking inside the crowded nightclub, heading straight to where their other friends would be, a private seat which is in the corner of the crowded room, placed near the drink bar.

There are three other person who are already sitting there, having few glasses and bottles of alcohol, except for the tallest one.

“Hey..” the three girls greeted, and sooyoung does give a small smile.

And as soon as sooyoung sat there, she eyed the short blonde girl, and hyoyeon push her glass slightly, letting sooyoung took her drink.

Sooyoung doesn’t stop. She keeps on taking the alcohol, not caring about her surrounding while her other friends only staring at her, not daring to utter a word.

 

Sooyoung was about to take another glass when a hand swiftly grab her wrist just before the glass can reach her lips.

“You haven’t even eating yet..” yoona warned, concernedly “..you can get sick, soo…”

Sooyoung eyed the tall girl beside her, pulling her hand from yoona’s grip drinking all the contain in the class in one sip, before stood up from her seat, and making her way out from that place, heading to the restroom, while yoona’s eyes glued to the tall girl, until she disappear from her sight.

And a simple gesture and odd behavior from both girls surely questioned by the other four girls who can only guessing about what happened.

And so, taeyeon stood up from her seat to go after her tall bestfriend.

 

Taeyeon made her way inside the restroom, finding her bestfriend sitting on the long seat inside the room with face buried on her palms.

She walked closer, sitting beside the tall brunette, having her hand on sooyoung back, caressing it gently.

“You promise to talk…” taeyeon demanded softly, definitely worried on sooyoung silent behavior “…tell me what’s wrong, soo...”

Instead, sooyoung turned to taeyeon’s side, refusing to meet her gaze and immediately buried her face on the shorter latter’s neck, with her slender arms wrapping the petite girl’s waist.

There is a moment of silence, taeyeon surely gives some room for sooyoung to have her thought, patiently waiting.

“Do you remember about the girl I told you long ago?” the tall girl asked after minutes passed.

“The girl you met in your high school in japan?” taeyeon asked back, not strangled too much on her memories, because sooyoung only ever mentioned one girl to her.

“Hmm..”

“Yeah.. what about her?”

“..i thought I was over her..” sooyoung mumbled softly, and the short girl only listen silently, running her fingers on sooyoung’s hairs gently “…t-then.. I met her weeks ago… suddenly come over, when I thought my life couldn’t get any worse…”

“When I thought that I can finally cope up with all that crap on my life.. when I thought that i can finally left that hate only to feel towards everybody… when I thought that nothing and nobody can crushed me worse than what I have already felt…”

“And then… she came in the picture… coming back from what I left behind… pulling back all that memories that I pretended never happened…”

“…I t-thought... I already get over on whatever happened between us… I t-thought… I already moved on… I t-thought… I’ve already killed all that longing, love.. for her..”

Sooyoung let out a bitter chuckle “..but.. I was.. wrong..”

 

“A-and it scares me so m-much, tae..” sooyoung finally lift her head, and taeyeon can see that crystal drops falling from the tall latter’s eyes “i-it scares the hell out of me..”

“I-it scares me so much to think t-that--that she still has such an effect on me.. t-to think that she still get a hold of my heart.. to k-know that I still want her badly..”

“And o-out all of that.. it scares me so much o-of--of the fact that.. whatever she does… s-she still that someone who I know can break me much more than pieces..”

“And s-she proofs it right in front of my eyes… hurt me more than I ever imagine…”

“…j-just.. like how it kills me to know.. t-that… s-she is my brother’s fiancée..”

 

Taeyeon exhaled a deep breath, looking how broken her bestfriend right now, hurt her even more…

“..did I know her?” taeyeon asked, hands on both sooyoung’s cheeks, using her thumb to wipe every drip of tears, but sooyoung stayed still, silently, eyes’s avoiding taeyeon’s.

“Soo..” taeyeon called softly, using her hands to make sooyoung face her.

Sooyoung seems hesitant bafore she mumbled softly “…it’s… yoona..”

 

Outside the restroom, leaning on the door another tall girl, who is actually just coming to the place purely out of jealousy..

But surprisingly, finding something that she is longing to hear from the tall brunette’s lips… something that she is dying to know… something that hang her on the line… but then what’s more important for her, that she finally understand the reason for what happened from last night and from sooyoung’s odd behaviour…

Something that makes her heart keep on calling the owner of it, yet with the very broken pieces for every tears she causes…

And, she is standing there, along with the same broken, the same misarable, the same love… drenched with tears...