More than i expect

Still In Love

“I act like I don’t care...

But deep down, I swear it kills me…”

 

“Are you sure you that you don’t want me to go with you?” taeyeon asked, staring at her tall bestfriend. Knowing that tonight is the company dinner, taeyeon dropped at sooyoung’s apartment to check on the girl before heading to her night club.

“Don’t worry..” sooyoung smiled when feeling taeyeon’s hand on her cheek “I’ll be okay..” she said, before fixing her dress on the mirror in her room.

“Are you sure?” taeyeon questioned, worriedly. She has been accompanying the tall brunette to her company dinner several times, so she is pretty much know what will happen there.

It’s just lately that sooyoung sometimes invite taeyeon to the company dinner, so, taeyeon knows why her tall bestfriend hate being there so much.

“You should stop worrying me to much.. tae..” sooyoung let out a soft chuckle “if you keep on doing this, you will spoilt me enough, for me not to be able to stand on my own..”

“Why should you stand on your own?” taeyeon questioned, Having a serious look on her face “why should you.. when you have someone to lean on?” she added before sooyoung can go against her words, and that words totally silent the tall girl.

Sooyoung let out another soft chuckle before she spoke “..if only I met you long ago before.. everything would be different..” she smiled weakly “…I might don’t have to spent all that years to hate every persons around me..”

Taeyeon cupped the tall brunette’s face, staring right into her eyes “I don’t care if I meet you long ago before, or just years ago, or even years more in future..” she said “I will still being your bestfriend.. sister.. someone you can share your problem with.. someone you can trust.. and someone you can lean on..”

“..i’m seeing you as my sister soo..” taeyeon added “someone that I can take care of, someone that I can always nagging to, someone-..”

“You treat me more as your daughter than your sister..” sooyoung chuckled.

“Yeah..” taeyeon giggled “so, don’t cause any trouble there..” taeyeon warned playfully, playing along.

“Yes, mom..” the tall girl nodded childishly.

“Don’t take alcohol.. you’re driving..” she added “don’t-..”

“Okay, mom.. okay..okay..” she cut, giggling.

The shorter girl let out another chuckled, before she eyed the tall brunette from head to toe, giving her a teasing smile “have I told you that, you’re looking… seriously… so… breathtaking?” and sooyoung only giggled.

Sooyoung wears the black mini dress, which only cover up her chest to her mid thigh, showing her perfect slender legs. And her slightly messy hair which she let falling through her shoulders, definitely give more than what everybody can ask for.

“Wait until sunny hear that..” sooyoung threatened playfully.

“Oh, yeah.. I will make sure that she is not going to find out..” taeyeon smirked, moving her brows ups and downs, while sooyoung only shook her head slowly, smiling. She knows that taeyeon only tries to ease her anxiousness.

Sooyoung rarely met her family. She only met them at that kind of company dinner. And even so, she wouldn’t stay for a long time there, for she feels.. unwanted..  she feels like it’s just not her place.. she feels like going to a foreign place.

“And you’re gonna breaking more heart with that..” taeyeon added.

“And.. are you still not needing me as your fake date?” taeyeon asked, still worrying.

Sooyoung let out another soft chuckle “I have enough of you helping me about that.. tae..” the tall girl said softly “I know that you need to look after your nightclub…”

“I can always ask my employee to do that while I was gone.. you know that I can always-…”

“Thank you..” sooyoung cut, placing her hand on taeyeon cheek “I will be okay..” she added, giving her bestfriend a reassuring smile.

Taeyeon gave a pout, while crossing her arms childishly, before slowly it turns into a naughty smile “that’s because your tutor will be your date for tonight right?”

And hearing that words, sooyoung’s smile slowly faded, and taeyeon surely realized it. Thinking that sooyoung doesn’t like it, she lifts her right hand, caressing the tall girl’s cheek.

“Hey..” she said slowly “I am joking..”

“It’s okay..” sooyoung mumbled, giving a small smile.

“So, do you want me to-..” and before taeyeon can finish her words, a knock sound echoed through the room.

“Come in..” seeing that sooyoung went silent for second, taeyeon voiced, revealing another tall girl wearing a red mini dress.

Yoona stood up on the door steps, staring straight to the tall girl, trying hard to keep herself breathing. She just never saw the tall brunette like that, and seeing her today, just make her mind went blank in a second.

“..mm.. emm.. i-i.. d-do we.. t-the company dinner.. i-I mean.. a-are we.. not going yet?” yoona stuttered, scratching the back of her neck. Even so, she is surely as gorgeous as the taller one.

Taeyeon chuckled, taking a glance at the tall girl, giving her another naughty smile, before he leans closer to sooyoung’s right ear. Whispering softly “you haven’t even step on the party, yet there is already a girl that falling for you..” giving a slight pink tint on sooyoung’s cheeks, which surely realized by taeyeon.

“..I-I’m going to preparing the car first…” sooyoung said, leaving the room, going through her tutor.

Taeyeon chuckled, seeing her bestfriend’s behavior, shaking her head slightly. It’s just the first time sooyoung reacted such way after her teasing.

“Hey.. im yoona, right?” taeyon voiced, looking at the girl who have a disappoint expression on her face “can you do me a favor, miss?” she asked politely.

“Y-yeah..”

“Please take care of her for me..” taeyeon said “that kid is not really good expressing her feeling..” taeyeon smiled warmly “and she might having a hard time there.. so.. if you can, just make sure that she is okay, and that’s will be enough for me..”

“..a-ah.. I see..” yoona nodded slightly “and just please call me yoona..” she gave a smile to the shorter girl.

“Okay, yoona..” taeyeon smiled “and I think you should be going now.. she is waiting..” taeyeon said, giving her that meaningful smile “and I can see that you’re.. as well..” she chuckled, before going out from the room, the apartment, leaving a blushing tall girl.

Yoona let out an awkward cough, inhaling a deep breath, before slowly she made her way to the tall girl who is waiting for her in the apartment lobby.

 

The trip filled with silent, and both girls surely doesn’t know, or one doesn’t even want to open at all.

For yoona, she doesn’t even hear a word from sooyoung yet. Siwon, sooyoung’s brother was the person who tell her about the company dinner, telling her that her parent will be there as one of the choi’s business partner, and saying that she will go with sooyoung.

All over the trip, yoona keep glancing at the tall girl, definitely can’t have her eyes removed from how attractive sooyoung seems that night. And there is only one thing that she doesn’t know about. That, sooyoung’s is trying hard to restrain herself from looking at the girl.

In no minute, both girls already arrived at the grand hotel, one of the choi’s hoter, where the dinner will be held.

Sooyoung’s stops the car in front of the lobby, and having one of the guy to park the car after greeting the daughter of the hotel owner. And sooyoung doesn’t even need to say another word, she just went inside the big hall, followed by her tutor.

 

Sooyoung dragged her heavy feet towards where her family should be, her eyes wondering around the big hall, still keeping that cold expression on her face. And in a moment, there is a old men walking closer to her, giving her a wide smile, and a big hug, taking sooyoung’s thin body into his embrace. And yoona’s eyes just can’t stop staring at the taller girl.

“Hey, dad..” sooyoung gave a small smile.

“Hey, soo..” the old man greeted back, doesn’t even bother to stay longer “I’m going to greet other guests over there..” he smiled “I will meet you later, okay..” he added, and sooyoung just know, it’s just another lie…  but still, the tall brunette giving a small smile anyway.

Mr.choi doesn’t even know about his daughter’s life, he is too busy at her business overseas, and making his wife and his son to take care of the company at korea.

Okay.. one person more.. and I can leave..” sooyoung noted, and it almost like that every time she is here. She just needs to show her face, just to let her parents know that she was once there.

It doesn’t take long for her to spot another figure who she is supposed to meet tonight in the crowd. And not wasting any second, she made her way there, along with her tutor.

Both girls are making their way toward a group of people which consisting about four persons. Upon realizing the figures, a big smile creep on yoona’s face, hurriedly making her way there.

“Mom!! dad!!” yoona greeted excitedly, giving a big warm hug to the two elder there, before bowing slightly to another person “good night mrs.choi.. and mr.choi..” she smiled politely.

“Oh, you must be yoona.. mr. and mrs.im daughter..” mrs.choi smiled.

“Hey.. and just call me siwon..” the tall man replied, giving a warm smile. And just then, the tall girl walks closer, giving her greeting.

“Good night mom.. siwon oppa..” she smiled slightly, before turning her head to another direction, bowing slightly “Good night mr. and mrs. Im..” flashing a small smile to the im’s, before standing stiffly there, while yoona’s eyes still glued to the tall girl’s, observing sooyoung’s odd behavior silently.

And while their parents busy chatting, thinking that she already did what should she does, sooyoung is taking a step, giving another small bow, ready to get out from the circle, vanishing from the crowd, out from the place.

But unfortunately, siwon’s hand hold her left arm, stop her from going any further, giving a pleading look to her sister and without any choice. Sooyoung sighed, standing there with her face turned slightly to other place.

And surely yoona can see that all, and her mind can’t stop wondering while her eyes still glued on the tall girl who she surely know still get a hold of her heart.

“You have a really beautiful daughter, mrs.choi..” mrs.im said, smiling to the tall girl, and sooyoung, hearing her name being called, turned facing the ims and giving a small smile in return.

“But not as beautiful as yours..” mrs.choi replied, smiling “my daughter still lack a lot of things.. that she even need your daughter to help her for her study..” and all sooyoung gives is that unreadable look on her face.

“I am glad that my daughter can help sooyoung..” mrs.im smiled sincerely.

“I am more proud of my son..” mrs.choi said, changing the topic right away “he has been so good at helping me with my business..” she smiled, siwon can only smile at her mother’s words, taking a glance at her sister who wears that expressionless look, and it surely make the tall man worried.

She starts it again…” and that’s all crossing sooyoung’s mind while having that cold face, and her head still turned to other direction, knowing that the talk will have nothing to do with her anymore.

“Siwon always help me with the company matter..” mrs.choi added proudly “and now, he has been even handling some of choi’s property well..” she added, while mr. and mrs. Im nodding, giving a small smile "he is the best that everyone can ask for.."

“Ah..” mrs.choi suddenly exclaimed, having some important matter crossed her mind right in the moment “I will announce it now..” she said, giving a certain look to mr. and mrs. Im who only give a nod as reply, ending her small speech about her son.

Mrs.choi then made her way towards the podium, standing right in front of the mic, clearing , she spoke “good night.. it’s such a great pleasure to have you all here in this dinner party..”

“We are all from the choi company feeling grateful that you all can even made it tonight..” she smiled, “and.. I’ve talking to mr. and mrs. Im.. and we agreed in one thing..” she said.

“And in this such a right moment, I am going to announce the great news to all of you..”

“That the other purpose of this dinner party tonight, is to announce our son’s engagement.. choi siwon..” mrs.choi said, having a small smile on her face, before she turned her head to glance at the im’s family.

“With mr. and mrs. Im's daughter… im yoona…”