Fate Gives Its Second Chance

Still In Love

"How can I forget someone..

who gives me so much to remember.."

 

 

There are two figures sitting on the living room, they are both sitting on the carpet. There is the soft sofa there, but the two figures chose to just sit on the carpet, so that they can easily using the short table which place on the carpet.

It’s been the forth day that they’ve been doing the exact same activity, with one of them being the tutor, and the other one is the student. The tutor is supposed to teach her college student about some accounting stuff, but instead, silence is filling the room since the start of their meeting.

Kahi sighed, she can’t even break her gaze on the tall figure in front of her. She has her arms folded on the table in front of her chest, while her eyes glued greatly on the silent tall brunette.

In the other hand, even knowing about the instant gaze from her tutor, the tall girl still hasn’t show a sign about breaking the dead silent between them, and focused in working on her accounting question paper from her tutor.

It’s not even 40 minutes, and the tall brunette already finished the last question on her 10 sheets of accounting paper. She, still silently, pushing the paper slowly towards her tutor in front of her, before shifting her gaze to the other side, eyes wondering around the small living room on her apartment which only being stayed by her and her nanny who is taking care of her since she was little.

Without so much choice, knowing no matter how much she tried to talk to her student, she just know, the tall girl wound never responded to her words, kahi shifting her gaze to the accounting paper which just being pushed by the tall girl.

And once again, she is amazed by how the tall brunette did the paper accounting which not only for her semester, but the lesson she supposed to master for the few next semester, all perfectly.

“Well..” kahi voiced, eyes glued to the tall girl’s face “what can I say.. just like usual, you did just.. perfectly fine..” she added, actually trying to get the tall brunette’s attention, but only go by vain, since the tall girl refused to face her.

“..hey..” kahi moved her hands, trying to place it on the tall girl’s hand “do you want to ta-..”

But, not even finished talking, the tall girl swiftly pulling her hand to herself, completely showing that she dislike the sudden gesture from the tutor, and kahi doesn’t need words to know that the tall brunette having problem with closeness.

The tall girl, taking a glance at the clock which hanging on the wall, showing clearly that it’s already past five, the tall girl stood up, not bothering to say good bye to her tutor and walk away to her bedroom, silently.

Kahi’s eyes still glued to the tall brunette until she is really out from her sight. It’s like a habit already, the tall girl does that every time when their tutoring time finished. She was about to stand up to, but an old lady around her fifties, walking closer, bringing a cup of tea with her.

“Here.. miss kahi..” the old lady offered, placing the cup in front of the tutor.

“Thank you.. mrs.jin” kahi smile, taking a sip from the cup, the lady always accompanied her when her student left.

“You’re welcome..” the old lady gave a warm smile, nodding slightly.

“Hmm..” kahi stared at the old lady, thinking for a while “..is she..always like that?”

“What do you mean.. ‘like that’?”

“..well.. hmm.. isn’t she kind of.. impolite? I mean.. she hasn’t say a word even though I already totoring her for 4 days.. she doesn’t respond to every word I said… and she just.. doing what I told her.. besides.. she clearly ignoring me.. right?”

The old woman gave a soft chuckle “for me she is an angel..”

An angel?” kahi obviously questioned about the old lady statement, but of course she didn’t voice that out.

“It might be doubting for you..” the old lady said, noticing the tutor doubtful expression “but I know her since she was 5..” she added “I clearly know what kind of person she is.. and just because she doesn’t like talking, doesn’t mean that she is rude..” the old lady smile “people has misunderstood her a lot for that.. but.. you see.. she doesn’t really care..”

Kahi nodded “and.. she actually doesn’t seem to need a tutor by the way..” she paused, having her eyes on the old lady “why does her brother want me to tutor her?”

“Oh.. and it’s not because of her behavior, it just.. that she is really smart.. clever.. I mean even my las semester student wont even able to answer my question.. but she can do it perfectly fine…”

“..it’s her mother’s order..”

“But, why?” kahi shown another doubtful expression “I mean.. she is beyond great at this.. and even if her mother want her to study, shouldn’t she find another subject that her daughter is not really good at?”

“Her mother just see her report.. and her report didn’t show a really good score.. that’s why, her mother what her to be tutored..”

“Why? All this time, she shows more than enough.. I mean…”

“She seldom went to college..” the old woman added, when seeing the tutor having a hard time to find her words “it’s just her perfect score that can make her go to the next semester.. not her attendance..” and kahi nodded as her response.

“..what.. would happen if i… quit?”

“Then, the next day another tutor will replace you..”

Kahi went speechless with the old lady’s word, but then she gave her though “…I honestly feel bad to get paid for doing nothing…” she said “she doesn’t need me…”

“It’s okay.. you can just tell her brother, the one who ask you to tutor her.. he might find another tutor for her sister already..”

“…How many times she changed her tutor already?”

“Hmm..” the old lady smile, trying to think “she has been tutored since she started college, and she has around 6-8 tutors each months.. this is her 4th semester, and how much it already been?”

“I see..” kahi nodded.

“And they all stop tutoring for the same reason as yours..”

“I’m really sorry that she has to get another tutor, but I really can’t.. well.. you know..”

“It’s okay.. she already get used to it..” the old lady smiled “..she will be okay.. or I will so…”

-----

 

 

A tall man is walking inside the apartment, along with a beautiful girl with him. They are heading to the man’s sister apartment.

They stop in front of a door with a small 1002 board on it, and after a few knocks, an old lady opened the door.

The lady, clearly know who the man is, giving a warm smile. her gaze shifted, and upon seeing the girl the old lady’s expression turned to a shocked one for second, but go unseen by the man, for it already changed when the man face her again.

“Good night.. aunt jin..” the tall man smiled “is she home?”

“Y-yes.. mr.siwon..” aunt jin tried to composed herself, and staring at the clearly nervous girl in front of her, who gives an awkward smile.

“Can we come in?” he asked, and aunt jin took a step back to let the two people come in.

They walked to the living room “sit here for a while, okay..” siwon smiled “I will talk to her first..” the girl nodded, replying with a small smile.

-----

 

 

Knock knock knock

“Come in..” a faint voice, hearing through the door after a few knock.

Siwon walked inside the room, having a sight at the only girl who is sitting on the window frame, not even sparing a glance at him, completely drowning into the beautiful night view of seoul from her high room apartment.

“Hi.. sis..” siwon walked closer, placing her hand on the tall girl’s shoulder. And swiftly, the tall girl stood up from her spot, walking from the window frame, actually just trying to avoid her brother, and it surely realized by the tall man.

Siwon sighed, staring at her sister who is sitting on her bed “..your tutor.. just resign a moment ago..” he informed, and her sister only nodded her head, staring back at him.

“I already got a new tutor for you..” he added, knowing her rebel sister wouldn’t give any reply.

“She is from japan.. and she is alone at seoul..” siwon said “ so please..  treat her kindly..”

“She is dad’s business partner’s daughter.. she got the best score in her collage, and she moved to the same college as yours next semester..” he added “so, she’ll be tutoring you starting tomorrow, and I hope it can last longer than the previous one, sis..” he said, eyeing the latter expression, and only got a nod as usual.

“..and..” he continued, actually hesitating “she will living here… with you…”

And surely, the tall girl expression changed “what?” she said firmly.

“She is from japan, sis.. she needs a place to stay..”

“You can buy ten houses at once.. why it is so hard to just buy one for her at the moment?” the tall girl replied, standing from the bed, having her brows furrowed.

“As I said.. she is dad’s business partner’s daughter.. someone need to take care of her too.. sis-…”

“I’m not a babysitter..” the young rebel completely showing her disagreement, both hands gripped tightly, teeth gritted, trying to hold her anger, feeling surely threatened, someone just trying to cross her privacy.

“And someone need to be taken care of..” siwon added.

“And I’m not a baby..” she added.

“Then.. why don’t you stop to acting like one? Kahi is your second tutor this week.. and she is the best tutor in your faculty in your college.. but-..”

“She is the one who want to resign.. I have nothing to do with that!”

“Then start treating your tutor kindly..” siwon sighed.

“You don’t have any right to order me around!” she shot a sharp glare to the tall man.

“Sooyoung..”

“Just because you can get everything you want, doesn’t mean you can have the same authority on me!!”

“Soo..”

“You don’t have any right to invade my privacy!!”

“I am your brother, soo.. how can you say that?” siwon heart broke from her sister’s words “I never ask anything from you soo.. can you please do this favor for me?”

But the stubborn rebel turned her head to the other direction, avoiding her brother’s gaze.

“Soo.. please..” siwon pleaded.

Sooyoung let out a bitter laugh “you always get what you want anyway.. why does it so important to get my approval?”

“Soo-..”

“And even if I reject it, you can always have a way to work it out..”

Siwon sighed, walking closer to the young rebel “soo..  let me introduce you to her..” he smiled, trying to not arguing more with her sister “she is outside, right now..”

Siwon lifted her hand, offering her sister to held it and go out with her, but instead, as usual, the rebel sister of hers not even taking a glance at him, but going out immediately. Siwon sighed, and can only follow her sister from behind.

Sooyoung made her way to the living room, and stood up there, frozen, upon seeing her new tutor. And in an instant, she gritted her teeth, having her hands gripped tightly, angered clearly shown in her beautiful face, and  she completely throwing a hatred look towards her new tutor.

In the other hand, the girl stood up from her seat, giving a weak smile, she can clearly get the reason behind the tall brunette hatred eyes, her heart broke to pieces from it, but she can do nothing in a moment, yet she had already promised to herself, that even no matter how many times she will get the same eyes from the girl, she won’t do the same mistake she once did.

Siwon stood beside her sister, having a warm smile, didn’t notice her sister expression “soo.. this is your new tutor.. im yoona..”

And yoona tried her best, to give the best smile she can, even thought the tall brunette clearly doesn’t like the fact that she is here, she wouldn’t take back, for she wants to take back her memories, along with the person who gives her so much to remember, the girl who is once hers…