Starting as a friend

Still In Love

“It all starts with a simple hello…”

 

Yoona is sitting on her seat, in the center back row, waiting for her teacher to come in. Being in a small group of girl, she is chatting with her other friends.

It’s just a month in her second grade of high school, and everything happens pretty much the same. She is being friend still with the same girl of group since her first grade, being known for one of the beautiful girl in school, boys still want her much, and girls still adore her.

But then, all students pretty much knowing what kind of person she is. She is just someone who is not suitable for a relationship, thinking about how people adore her, how many people want her, make her quite arrogant to think that she can get anyone she wants, boys and girls. And that’s just how she is, playing around, completely knowing how to spend her teenager’s life while making use of her attractiveness.

It’s around 10 minutes that the group consist in about 5 girls stop their chatting, staring at their teacher who is just walking inside the class, along with a tall beautiful girl with her.

 And just in an instant, whispering and loud noises from all the students fill the class badly, trying to guess what kind of person the new student would be.

“So.. class..” mr.song said “we have a new friend.. her name is choi sooyoung.. and she is a transfer student from korea, and starting today, she will join us in this 2-A class…” he said, making all eyes glued to the new student who gives no expression in return, instead, she just stares at the other side of class.

“Since she is a new student from korea, she might not really know about japanesse..” the teacher added “so, I hope all of you will treat her kindly.. and help her to adjust herself here..” the teacher smiled.

“Sooyoung.. you can sit there..” the teacher said, pointing to an empty seat at the back row, near the window.

And even while walking to her seat, the new student doesn’t even say a word or greeting anyone or even giving a small smile.

Yoona eyed the new girl, turning her head to her left, having a full view of the new students who already glued her eyes on the window, scanning at every feature she has.

The tall girl is sitting about two seats from her, having some students block her view, and while the two students turned their head to face yoona, the girl only giving a small smile before turning back her head to the front.

There is only one thing that can describe how yoona feels about the new student at the moment, curious…

 

Day passed by days, and nothing change in particular on yoona, well, not except the fact that her curiousity grows even bigger, and it’s none other than about the new student.

It’s been three weeks since sooyoung starts her second grade in one of the private school in japan, but yet she doesn’t feel like making friends or even talk to anyone. She spend her school time in japan just like how she spend it on her two previous schools, either skipping classes, or not coming at all.

This is her third times transfer school in high school, and the same thing happened over and over again. She always refuses to get help from others. For her, there are only two persons she can trust in her life her nanny who knows and takes care of her since she was a kid, and herself.

It’s been weeks, and yoona who is always go around confidently while approaching people, boys and girls, never failed to get what she wants, or rather who she wants. But its different with the tall girl, she never even try to make friends with other, she never bother herself to talk to people.

And yoona who is not that good students either, just thinking about how bored she will get at school today, decided to skip school today, boringly walking around the park, freeing her mind from any thought about school, homeworks, tests, and a certain tall figure.

But then, fate has it own way to make things happen. Yoona thought that she will let the tall brunette out from her mind from second, yet there when she meet the silent tall girl in the park.

Sooyoung is taking of her uniform and letting her only plain white shirt glued on her slim body, while using a jacket to hide her skirt, making yoona even harder to shift her gaze from her. And there she is, sitting on one of the long bench there, taking a look at her surrounding.

Yoona eyed the tall brunette, walking closer to her carefully, behind some trees, making sure that the girl won’t aware of her present.

Yoona then saw a little kid crying under a not really big tree, quite close to where the tall brunette sit, while him head looking up to the trapped kite on the branches. Yoona sighed, she was about to walk closer to help the little kid, but the tall brunette walking closer instead, stopping yoona from going for more, but then yoona is already close enough to see sooyoung’s face clearly.

Sooyoung locked her gaze to the little kid, while the little kid stop crying, he wipe her tears using his arms, sobbing quietly.

“..c-can you help me?” the little kid asked in japanesse, staring at the tall brunette “my kite stuck upside there on the tree.. can you take it for me?”

Thinking that sooyoung is from korea, and doesn’t understand a word from the little kid, yoona was about to take another step closer to the two figures. But much to her surprised, sooyoung answered her, and even in japanesse, fluently.

“I don’t want to..” sooyoung answered, making the little kid frowned with a teary eyes, and another surprised for yoona.

The little kid was ready to cry again, but it stops when he feels the tall brunette lifted her. Sooyoung lifts the little kid, letting the kid sitting on the back of her neck, while placing his legs on both her shoulder, while holding the little kid’s waist tightly.

“Take it yourself..” she ordered.

Without saying a word, the little boy reached out his hand, taking his kite carefully, and after getting his kite back, sooyoung letting him down back.

Sooyoung bended down, meeting the boy’s eyes “Don’t go around asking people like that.. not everybody will help you like how you wish..” she said, patting the boy’s head “there are only two kind of person in this world, kid..” she added “people who already hurt you.. and people who is going to hurt you..”

“What?” yoona’s thought wandering around, trying to get what the tall brunette mean.

“And even the closer person is going to hurt you any way…” she smiled, warmly “so.. starting today.. don’t trust people easily, okay..” she smile, before letting the little kid go, and making her way back to the bench.

Yoona seems to think for a while, before she finally decided to approach her new classmate.

“I thought you can’t speak japanesse..” yoona voiced, sitting beside the tall brunette.

Sooyoung took a glance beside, and quite surprised to see her classmate there, but keep herself silent anyway.

“And now, I even think that you’re someone from my neighborhood..” she turned to look at the tall brunette who has her eyes straight to the front, giving a small friendly smile.

But sooyoung is just staying still, not even changing her cold expression.

“Hmm.. do you not like talking that much?” she asked, when the tall girl doesn’t give any reply. She eyed the tall girl, thinking about a way to get sooyoung talking with her. Nobody ever ignored her before and its just make her eager to get to know sooyoung even more.

“Where are you come from?”

“Who are you living here with?”

“Are you living alone?”

“What school did you attend before?”

“Why did you transfer?”

And yoona voiced out all the question lingered on her mind, in case there is at least one of them being answered by her classmate.

“Why are you here?”

“Are yo-.. ouchhh!”

And her question got cut from a ball that suddenly pooped out of nowhere, hit her head, not really hard, but the fact that the ball covered with mud, really pissed her off.

“Oh, hey!!” yoona yelled slightly, annoyed to a boy who is running to her guiltily.

“What are you doing!!” yoona scolded.

“..i’im really s-sorry.. a-aunt-…”

“Heyy! Aunt?! Do I seem that old to you?!” yoona said, even more annoyed from how the little boy called her.

“I-I’m r-really s-sorry…” he said guiltily with a teary face.

“This is really pissing me off..” she mumbled to herself “hey! How come you hit me with this ball!” she said “now I am all dirty with mud..” she sighed, completely annoyed.

“I-I’m-..”

“You should be-..” and yoona stop when she heard a soft giggle from her side, staring at the tall brunette, who is suddenly being silent and letting out an awkward cough while fixing her stare back to the front.

Yoona tuned back to the boy, giving him back the ball and letting the boy left, playing with his friends.

“You look way more beautiful with that..” yoona said, giving a sweet smile.

“Hey.. I am actually from korea too… but I went to japan with my family when I was 7..” yoona said, slowly seeing the tall girl warming up “it's been a long i've never went there anymore.. I miss korea so much..” she said.

“Do you want to help each other?” yoona asked, eyeing sooyoung, and for the first time, finally got her attention.

“I can help you with some things that you want to know around.. school, homework, or place around in japan..” she added “and you can help me, by telling a lot about korea..” she smiled “how?”

“Come one..” she said, seeing the sooyoung hesitating “friend?” she asked, lifting her hand.

Sooyoung stared at the girl for a while before shifted her gaze to yoona’s hand, having a small smile “friend..”