Chapter 8

Does Fate Was Playing With Us?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The phone is ringing in the living room. Hyun Joong just ignores it and continued eating his breakfast. Aunt Yenny quickly runs to the living room and pick up the phone.

    “Mr. and Mrs. Kim house. May I help you?”

    Uee sighs in relieved when she heard Aunt Yenny’s voice. “Auntie, is he here?”

    “Miss U…”

    “Hush, auntie. Don’t let him know this is me.” Uee cuts Aunt Yenny sentences quickly. She doesn’t want Hyun Joong to know her secret phone call. Aunt Yenny makes a ‘hum’ sound. “He’s not going to work today, auntie?”

    “I don’t know, miss. But, he’s wearing a casual cloth. Maybe he’s not going anywhere.” Aunt Yenny whispers while glances at Hyun Joong whose still in the kitchen.

    “Who is that, auntie?” both the woman startled when they heard Hyun Joong suspicious voice.

    “Auntie, don’t tell him it’s me.” Uee reminds her firmly.

    “It’s a wrong number, sir.” Fortunately, Hyun Joong believes her. He nods and asks her to end the phone call.

    “Okay, auntie. I’ll come out later. Bye.”

*

    Uee comes out after wash up and walks into the kitchen, ignoring her husband who is leisurely sitting on the couch watching Star King. She doesn’t feel like talking to him after what happened last night. She’s still mad at him. Maybe he’s too, she doesn’t mind.

    “Good Morning, Aunt Yenny.” Uee flashes her beautiful morning eye-smile to the helper before taking a bowl and grabs a bottle of milk in the refrigerator. Her breakfast is always the same, a bowl of cereal with milk.

    She eats her breakfast silently while playing with her phone. After one or two feed, she sighs while resting her chin. Aunt Yenny looks at her with puzzled face but she didn’t notice. After a while, she continued eating her breakfast.

    “Are you having a problem, Miss Uee?” she turns to look at Aunt Yenny who is also looking at her with concern. Uee shook her head with reassured smile. Aunt Yenny nods before continue with her works.

    Uee steps into the living room after finished with her breakfast. Hyun Joong is still there watching a drama now. She sits on the corner of the couch and joins him watching the drama silently. After a while, Hyun Joong turns to face his wife who is still ignoring him right now.

    “Mom and dad are coming tomorrow.” There’s no reply from the wife, maybe too busy watching the drama. “Mom and dad are coming tomorrow!” he repeated loudly makes the girl startled and looks at him with eyes wide open.

    “Is it mine or yours?” Hyun Joong points at him as a respond. Uee nods her head and continues watching the drama.

    “Su Jin will come with them.”

    Uee makes a rapid turn and looks at him once again with eyes wide open. “Su… what?” she asked to confirm what she have heard just now was correct.

    “Su Jin, Su Jin. She’s my niece. Not Miss A’s Su Ji.” He said with annoyed. Her lips form a pouts while nodding her head. “She wants to stay with us for a week since it’s a school break. She wants to befriend with you.”

    “But I’m not friendly. Especially in my condition right now, my mood is upside down. I’m afraid I can’t entertain her.” Uee looks at her husband with her pleading eyes. She wants him to help her right now.

    “Don’t worry, she’s a nice girl. She’ll entertain you instead.” Hyun Joong gives her a reassured smile before continue watching the drama. Uee can’t focus on the drama anymore. Her mind keeps thinking about what will happen tomorrow. They never meet before even on their wedding day because Su Jin’s family was on vacation that day.

    She bites her lower lips while mumbling silently. ‘How should I entertain her? What should we do this week? If she’s going to spend a week, that’s mean…’ Hyun Joong jumped a bit when a pillow flew and slap his face before landed on the floor. He looks to his side, where Uee’s sitting.

    “What the hell?”

    “If she’s going to stay with us, that’s mean she need a room. We only have two rooms excluding your bathroom. Where should she sleep?” Uee screams a bit while asking him. She grips her hair, cannot think about what might happen tomorrow and for the rest of the week.

    “Just move in to my room. Let she have the main room.” Uee looks at at him with unbelievable face. “What? Or you want us to sleep in the main room instead? I don’t mind.” Hyun Joong slapped his poker face on. Uee left out a sigh.

    She doesn’t really like the idea of sharing bedroom with him but she can’t help to not let Su Jin know about their ‘secret’. She doesn’t want to let the little one go home and tell her parents about their personal life. Besides, she doesn’t want to make ‘extra class’ to explain everything to her. In the end, she agrees to share a bedroom with him for a week. They’ll use his bedroom and let Su Jin use the main room.

    With help from Aunt Yenny, Uee had moves some of her stuffs into Hyun Joong’s room. She’s now resting i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter