Chapter 14

Does Fate Was Playing With Us?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Hyun Joong stares blankly at the street outside the café. He can’t even finish his favorite coffee right now. Once in a while, he left out a heavy sigh. Jae Joong who was working with his laptop looks at him with concerned.

   “Bro.” he called.

    Hyun Joong gives him a questioned face.

    “Are you okay?”

    “I’m tired.” His answer was short but it can almost picture what he’s feeling right now.

    “I’m glad you still stick with her.” Jae Joong said softly.

    “She’s not my Yoo Jin anymore, Jae. Not even an Uee. She’s different.” He said sorrowfully. “I tried everything. We even went to Italy for a month to release her stress but nothing changes. She even stayed with her mom for a month after that but still…” he cups his face. Sighs comes out again from his mouth.

    Jae Joong gives him a worry face. If before this he’s the one who can comfort him, today, his lounge become numb. He doesn’t even have a word to say. Nothing can comfort him right now, he knows it well.

    “But I never blame her. I asked her to let everything out and she does it. Until she’s drowning in her own emotions.” His eyes stare blankly at the cup of coffee on the table.

    Jae Joong pats his shoulders lightly.

    “Know what men? You’ve changed. So much.”

    Hyun Joong lips form a bitter smile. “It thanks to her.” He looks at his best friend. “But, I want the old Yoo Jin back. The one who smile widely in front of me, the one who giggles when I teases her, the one who care for me.” Jae Joong nods in understanding.

    His eyes diverted to the street again. It’s been five month since he lost the baby and it’s been five month too since he ‘lost’ his wife. The house feels so empty. He remembered, once he came back home from works and he saw his wife sitting on the edge of the bed with her body trembled. He can heard her sobbing while touching her tummy.

    It hurts him watching her like that.

    It’s been five month and sometimes he feels like giving up but when he remembered what Jae Joong said to him, he gathered all his spirit and fight again.

    “Be with her. No matter what.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter