S.O.S.

Some Things Never Change

Elle

Ouch… I feel pain everywhere around my body…

I open my eyes and I realize I'm no longer in the alley. I see a small crack of daylight from a ceiling hole, so I know it's not night yet. There isn't any other light source here, so I'm not really sure where I am, but I know I'm in a building. I think those men moved me when I got knocked out shortly after Aemi escaped. I recall some brief memories of me struggling to get away from them, but they started hurting me… After a while, I think one of them put a cloth over my mouth and nose, which caused the blackout… It's a good thing I told Aemi to go, because I knew this was going nowhere... Well at least one of us is safe.

When I told her I would win the fight, I was lying. I doubt I'll be getting out of here alive. I won't see Aemi anymore; I won't see Exo anymore… How funny, I got separated from Exo for years, and I finally get to see them again, yet the happy times never seem to last for me. Man, thinking like this is so depressing… Well, at least I'll die in the country I always dreamt of traveling to. 

I try to get up, but I couldn't do so easily. My hands and legs were tied up. Damn it. Now there really aren't any chances of me getting out of here. I try to get my hands out of the ropes, but they were tied too tightly.

"You finally woke up. Took you long enough." said a girl's voice. I roll over to see who's talking. How am I not surprised, it's the tall girl.

"So what do you plan to do? Keep me here forever? Kill me right now?" I said.

"Of course not. It'll be stupid to kill you in one shot. You need to be tortured a bit first. You need to learn your lesson!" she yelled at my face. Can she be any louder? I'm right in front of her.

"That's it?" I said. "Well have fun. Doing all that won't make Exo members marry you. They'll just think you're a pathetic maniac."

"What did you call me?" she said.

"Pathetic. Maniac." I smirked. I'm not going to survive this anyway. Might as well insult her till my end.

"Take that back." she hissed.

"Pathetic maniac who will never be loved by Exo. Hell, you'll never be loved by anyone when they find out you're this crazy. Psychiatric hospitals' famous doctors won't even be able to cure you, and even other mad people from asylums won't like you!" I yelled.

She slashed a knife over my upper lap and I shrieked. God dammit… I should have kept my damn mouth shut…  I never learn do I? At least it's a super deep cut… I will still manage to live for a good few hours before dying from blood loss.

Even if I tried holding them, the tears automatically flowed down like waterfalls.

"SHUT UP! THEY'LL LOVE ME!!! MY SISTER AND I WILL EACH MARRY AN EXO MEMBER!!!" she yelled and kicked me. Ugh… Why the hell does she have to wear high heels?! The kick hurts like hell!

She handed the knife back to a suit wearing man and went to another room with a loud bang on the door. He looked at me with pitiful eyes.

"I should be the one pitying you." I said to him. "You have to work for such an insane boss… Out of all the illegal things to do, you choose to be crazy fan girl's accomplice… Being a drug dealer would have gotten you much more money. You should definitely do that after this job." I suggested. 

He gave me one last look and left the building too.

*Sigh*

What should I do now? Wait for my end, or should I at least try to get out of here?

How though? I'm all tied up. Damn…

Chanyeol

I've never seen Kai like this after knowing him for so many years… Once he got the phone call, he quickly threw on a disguise and was prepared to bolt out at any time. After a lot of yelling from him, we managed to convince him to wait for us to go together. We were actually really worried about him, he wasn’t calm at all. He might get in trouble if he goes there alone.

When we got there, Kai approached Aemi first, and we just let him go. She's his best friend, of course he would be more worried about her than the rest of us. We all waited outside and gave him some time with her first.

The doctor told us that Aemi is fine right now. She's going to recover from all her injuries. She has quite a number of bruises, but no bones were broken. However, she got a few stitches for the cut though.

Before leaving, he also told us that the police has been informed about all this. They'll come question Aemi later. We bowed to the doctor and he left us.

I swear, I heard some sobbing sound coming from her room. Kai must be devastated right now… He's the one that cries the least in our group. Come to think of it, I don't even remember the last time he cried.

After a while, Kai came out.

"I think she's waking up. Come on guys." he said with a now tearless composed face.

Me

A stable and continuous sound is beeping nearby me. Oh my god… I feel exhausted and pain on my abdomen. What happened to me?

"She's waking up!" I heard a voice whisper.

I slowly open my eyes and I spot twelve pair of eyes staring at me.

"Hey Aemi," said Suho softly. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired." I yawned but I forgot to cover my mouth. "How rude of me. Sorry."

"It's alright." he said.

"Where am I?" I asked confusingly.

"Hospital… Don't you remember what happened?" asked Luhan.

I try to think back, but my mind goes blank. The nurse probably injected some painkiller drugs into my body, which caused my mind to be a bit drowsy. I might recall some memories on what happened later when the drugs wear off.

Seeing that I look confused, Kai spoke up.

"You got stabbed or cut, I'm not really sure, and you got beaten up. You were found unconscious on the streets. Luckily, someone found you and called an ambulance." he said with a pained voice.

"W-what?" I was still confused.

Bit, by bit. Things start to clear up. The two sasaeng fans. The alley. The armed men. The stab. The ground. My scraped arms. Elle telling me to run.

Shoot! ELLE!

Despite the pain I'm feeling, I pushed the blanket off of me and shot up from the bed.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" yelled Kai grabbing my shoulder and pushed me back on the hospital bed. The others helped him out in order to keep me from leaving the bed, but Elle is in trouble!!!

Kai

"I need to go find Elle!!" she said frantically, trying to struggle out of my grip.

"You. You need to stay in bed, in the hospital!" I said firmly. God. Is she crazy!? She's injured for crying out loud! And it's not the falling-down-getting-a-bruise kind of injury. She got freaking stabbed!

"My best friend is in trouble right now!! Do you expect me to sit around and do nothing?!" she yelled at me, still trying to free herself.

"What do you expect to do? Do you even know where she is? Do you really think you can move around easily in this condition?" I threw questions at her. "You just collapsed a couple of hours ago! You're not Wolverine! Your wounds won't heal in a snap of a finger!"

"Kai…" D.O. squeezed my shoulder. "Don't be so harsh…" he said to me in Korean.

"Well at least I would have tried to do something!" she yelled. "I can't just stay here knowing she might die!"

"You think I don't feel the same way as you?!" I answered back. "You really think I can just stand here knowing Elle could die anytime in the hands of that maniac who stabbed you?! Of course I don't think like this you idiot. Elle's almost like a sister to me and out of all the people, you should know that!" I snapped. She looked at me and tears started flowing down her cheeks. … She's crying now because of me. The second her tears started falling, I regret immediately the tone I used.

"I just think we should think of something more reasonable before taking action. We can't just go around without knowing anything. We really need a plan." I said to her softly and wiped off her tears. "And, don't yell so much… You have stitches… You don't want your wound to open again right?"

She pulled me into an embrace and cried her heart out.

"If something bad happens to Elle, I will never be able to forgive myself. When those two sasaeng fans started winning the fight, she told me to run, and I really did so. I just left her there!! They probably took her away!! What kind of friend am I for leaving Elle behind?!" she said while sobbing. I patted her back.

"The Elle we know is one of the toughest girls ever. She can take care of herself and will find a way to save herself. " I patted her back and assured her.

"Plus, the police was already informed about this. They should be here soon to question you. Just tell them everything you remember, and they'll try their best to catch those guys and bring Elle back." said Kris gently to her.

"So stop crying alright? It's not good for your wound. It's not the deepest wound ever, but still. Don't move your abdomen muscles that much." said Chanyeol ruffling her hair.

Suho

We translated for Aemi as policemen question her. It turns out, we were spied on by two sasaeng fans, and Aemi and Elle were attacked by them. I shiver at that thought. The policemen wrote down everything Aemi told them, and assured us they will try to catch those criminals as soon as they can.

"Right now, all we need to know is the location. Our staff is already working on the possibilities of places she can be." he told me. I bowed at the policemen and they left.

Elle, hang in there. We're doing all we can to save you. Just wait for us!

Elle

After thinking for a while, I decided I have to at least try.

I can't just die like this here… I mean, how would the headlines on the papers look like? 'Tourist Killed by an Obsessive Fangirl'? What a pathetic and embarrassing way of dying.

There must be a way to get out of here. I can't really use any physical strength right now, but I can still use my brain… Think Elle, think. I try to sit up and winced at the pain. When I try to get my hands out of the ropes again, I feel something in my back pocket…

My cell phone.

YES. My last hope. And I have to point out that those kidnappers are really stupid… The first thing you need to take away is the communication devices! They seriously don't watch enough action movies…

Unless… The man in the suit with pitiful eyes tried to help me…

Nonetheless, even if I do manage to call someone, how will I tell them my location?

I have no idea where the hell I am right now. I need a sort of GPS device to know my exact location…

An idea pops into my mind. With a lot of trouble, due to my tied hands, I reach my phone from the back and check if I have Internet service here.

Thank god I have the 3G wireless Internet phone plan, but even if I didn't, the idiotic girl and her sister forgot to lock their Wifi… Idiots.

Things look a bit brighter for me now. I might actually have a chance to get out of here alive. I couldn't really write a lot of words in my text message because I can't really type very well. I scroll down my contact list labeled 'Exo members' and I pick one at random, sending him my SOS message.

I slip the phone back into my pocket in case the crazy girl comes back here.

I hope whoever receives my text reads it in time.

Baekhyun

*VIBRATE VIBRATE*

I was deep in thoughts when my phone received a text message, so it startled me a bit.

FROM: ELLE

"S.O.S. Still alive, injured. Check FB asap."

"Guys, get over here. I got news from Elle." I told them.

They rushed over to see my message, except for Kai. He didn't want Aemi to run off again.  

"Why would she want you to check her Facebook?" asked Tao.

"This isn't really the best time to update your status if you've been kidnapped…" said Lay.

"Maybe it isn't her on the phone?" said Sehun.

"What's going on?" asked Aemi. She had calmed down a lot already. I think we can share with her about this news. We were speaking in Korean, so she couldn't understand what we were saying at all.

"Elle sent Baekhyun a text, but it's a bit weird. She's telling us to check her Facebook." said Luhan.

"Facebook…" Kai said to himself, and thinking hard as if trying to decode a complex message.

"I really don't get what she wants us to do… Well, at least we know she's alive. Perhaps—" said Lay, but got cut off.

"She used the check-in on Facebook. If I were kidnapped, I would want people to know my exact location. That's probably why she wanted us to check her Facebook!" exclaimed Kai.

He makes a brilliant point.

"Someone go to my bag and take out my phone. I would go take it, but Kai won't let me go." she pointed at him and he grimaced.

We went on Aemi's Facebook account, and it was exactly what Kai said. Elle checked-in at a warehouse.

"So she used her Chinese name for her Facebook account." commented Xiumin. 

"Let's hand this information to the police, it should quicken their work." said Kris.

Elle

I got woken up from my light nap by a loud bang on the door.

I smelled a great aroma of food approaching me. Man I'm getting hungry… I probably used up all the energy from the food I ate this morning.

"Is poor little Elle hungry?" I heard that y voice. God it's annoying me… Just hearing it irks me to death.

I roll over to face her and she had a smug look. I rolled my eyes just by seeing her.

The man who pitied me was with her. I'm guessing she's afraid that I might attack her if she came here alone?

"Smells good doesn't it? Mmmmm." she said and squat in front of me.

"Food." she snapped her fingers and the man handed her the plate of food, while rolling his eyes.

"You must be hungry right?" she asked me, but I just remained quiet and had an indifferent look on my face. I planned to not say anything, because I'm afraid of the words that come out of my mouth will cause me trouble again.  

Seeing I didn't answer, she assumed I wanted it. Though I hate to admit… I really do want to eat it.

"You want it right?" she smiled. "WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!" she dumped the plate's content on the ground in a spot close-by me.

"If you want to it, eat it from the dirty floor!" she laughed and threw the plate at me.

It broke into many pieces, and some cut my arms.

She laughed at the fact some shards cut me and walked out of the building. What a sadistic woman…  The man shook his head at his boss' actions and left with her.

Alright… I don't see her point of doing all that.

Is this her way of trying to torture me? By hunger?

What a waste of food… I might be hungry, but I'm still sane enough to not eat off the dirty floor. Idiot.

Kris

"The police said that they're going to find Elle now, and one officer asked if two of us can go with them in case they have a hostage situation." said Suho.

"Who should go?" asked Sehun.

"I think Kris should go. Based on what the girl said, you sounded like her ultimate bias." said Aemi.

"Alright then. You cool with that Kris?" asked Suho.

"Sure no problem, but I think Tao should come along too… Your wushu will come in handy. Just in case!" I suggested. I already know Tao will accept this request. Despite not getting along very well with Elle, he is still a guy who likes to help people whenever possible.

No one's POV

Police cars arrived in front of an old abandon warehouse.

"So this is the place Elle is locked up in?" asked Kris.

"I guess so…" said the police officer.

"Could you not reveal to the public that we came along with you?" Tao asked to officer.

"Sure, we understand. We're actually surprised you guys agreed to this. The girl who got kidnapped must be quite close to you guys." said the officer.

Before reaching the warehouse's door, the police force was met with a few guards working for Haneul and Soojung. Five police officers led Kris and Tao to the back entrance. Surprisingly, no one was guarding there.

They easily broke into the building and looked around to find Elle.

----------------------------------

"WHO THE HELL CALLED THE POLICE?!" yelled Haneul.

"Unni, calm down…" begged Soojung. She really hated seeing her sister angry.

"Come on Soojung. Before they manage to take Elle back, we need to finish her off." said Haneul.

"But unni…. Don't you think this is starting to get out of hand? I want to marry an Exo member, but I don't want you to kill someone!" said Soojung. She had agreed on the kidnapping when Haneul told her about it, but she couldn't really accept her sister's plan on killing Elle.

"Shut up Soojung, and just follow me." said Haneul with authority. Soojung had no other choices but to follow Haneul. She knew what her sister is doing now is wrong, but she couldn't say no to her.

They went to where Elle was and Haneul grabbed Elle by her shirt.

"Prepare to meet your end you little bastard." she said to her.

Before she could do any harm, the police and two Exo members arrived.

"FREEZE! PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM!" yelled the policeman.

"Woah…" Kris' eyes widened at Elle's state.

"Call an ambulance." one policeman said to the other.

"Yes sir!"

"You know your role right?" said the policeman to Kris. He nodded and he signaled the others to move.

"DON'T MOVE! IF YOU MOVE I'LL.. I'LL STRANGLE HER TO DEATH!" said Haneul grabbing Elle's neck.

"Haneul unni! Let's just give up!!" begged her sister with her hands up.

"NO!" she shrieked back.

"Haneul right?" said Kris appearing with Tao from behind the policemen.

"Omo! T-Tao!!! Kris!!!" squeaked Soojung and practically fainted.

"Haneul ah~" Kris pretended to flirt with her. "Put that ugly girl down and come here. Wasn't this your goal? Aren't I the one you want the most? Well, I'm here." Kris smiled charmingly to her.

She was so distracted by Kris that her grip on Elle's neck started to loosen.

"Tell you what. Release the girl, and we'll go out right now." said Kris seductively while approaching her. He arrived right in front of her. "Don't you want to go out with your favorite oppa?" he lifted her chin up which caused her to blank out completely.

The policemen began to sneak up behind Haneul to take her away.

Reality came back to Haneul when her sister called for her.

"UNNI! BEHIND YOU!"

Too late. The police officer pinned her down and handcuffed her.

"Oppa…" she said to Kris with tears in her eyes feeling total betrayal.

"Sorry… I don't really date anyone who attempts to kill a friend." said Kris monotonously.

"GUARDS!!!" yelled Haneul desperately. The only remaining guard came to her rescue, but was knocked out by Tao fairly fast.

"Sorry miss, I'm afraid all your guards have been arrested and so are you." said the policeman dragging her out of the warehouse.

"I'll go give Exo a call telling them not to worry, take care of the rest okay?" said Kris to Tao.

Tao

"Sore-Loser Panda to the rescue?" she looked up at me with a playful smile, but I could see she was really weak and in pain. We may not be close friends, but seeing her in this state hurts me too.

"It's not time to joke around." I ignored the nickname she gave me. I untie her hands and legs.

"Can you walk?" I asked her. I doubt she can, but I don't think she'll like it very much if I assume immediately she can't do anything. "Does the Death Note fan girl need the almighty Tao to carry her?" I smirked.

"Pfff no. I can totally walk on my own. I don't need to be carried by an ugly panda!" she said weakly, yet she's trying to get up and walk on her own.

She winced the second she got up, and lost balance.

"Okay… Maybe I do need help." she laughed a bit.

"Stubborn girl…" I mumbled and helped her get on my back.

"Ouch… Don't touch my wrist please… I think it got sprained." she said in a pained voice when my hand grabbed her left wrist.

"Oh sorry…" I apologized. She really is a strong girl… Normally, people wouldn't even be conscious after being so injured. She had bruises on both her arms and some on her legs.

I talked to her about some random Exo anecdotes while we walk over to the ambulance. Well, I hope it's here by now…

At some point, she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked her. She mumbled something incomprehensible to me. What is she trying to say to me?

Outside the warehouse, there are two paramedics with a gurney waiting for us.

I set her down on it, and I realize she wasn't really conscious anymore. Her lap had a lot of blood stains and her wound was still bleeding. … Why didn’t I notice this before? She must have gotten cut  those maniacs.

"We need to get her to the hospital!!" I said in panic mode to the paramedics and called Kris over.

We hopped on the ambulance with them.

"Don't worry Elle! You'll be okay! You'll be in the hospital in no time." Kris assured her. She opened her eyes a bit and smiled a bit before drifting off to dreamland.

Without realizing it, I squeezed her hand with mine by reflex praying she'll be alright.

Elle

I got woken up by the rising sun's light and the bird chirping sounds. I take a look around me and I realize I wasn't dreaming before. I really am in the hospital; I really did survive.

I guess I'm recovering pretty well and the medical care here isn't really bad. My right arm may be bandaged up, my left wrist may be bandaged up tightly, and I still have bruises everywhere, but I'm feeling much better compared to yesterday's state.

Suddenly, something pops into my mind which causes me to panic.

Wait a minute… I don't have a Korean citizenship… I'm just a tourist from another country…

Oh crap. The hospital fee is going to cost me a fortune! I don't have the best travel insurance; I need to get out of here before the fee can go up even more!

I carefully pull out a tube out of my arm and got out of bed. The cut on my lap hurts a bit, but I can bear with it. Oh perfect! A change of clothes was sitting in chair for me.

"What do you think you're doing?" said voice coming from the door.

"Eh…" I started to say, but was shocked by the person who was here. Out of all the people, he's the one I least expected to come here.

Tao

Sadly, last night, I got forced by Duizhang to stay here in the hospital with Elle. Sehun volunteered to stay with me too. Early in the morning, I told him to go home first and take a shower. He said he'll bring back the others so that I can rest later.

I was a bit hungry and tired so I went to grab a coffee and breakfast. I took a look at Elle and I thought she wouldn't wake up anytime soon after everything that happened yesterday.

But man was I wrong.

When I came back to her room, she was up and was prepared to grab her new set of clothes. Is she trying to leave?!

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked her incredulously.

"Eh…" she said with a shocked face.

"Trying to escape?" I asked her.

"Yes." she answered. "If I don't, the hospital fees will cost me a fortune!"

Oh my god… Seriously?!

"Seriously?" I gave her a look. "Go back to bed. I'm calling a nurse here right now." I said and pressed the button.  

"Don't order me around. I'm telling you, I really don't have that much money to pay for this. When I planned out this trip, my budget did not include me being in a hospital because of a kidnapping. It's such a common thing to happen on trip." she said sarcastically.  

"Shut up. Just go back to bed and rest. You're in no condition to leave the hospital right now." I pulled her hand and led her back to her bed.

"But—" she started to argue against me again.

"I'll pay for your hospital fees alright?! Just stay in bed and rest!" I half yelled at her.

"Why does he care…?" she wondered out loud. I don't think that was meant for me to hear.

"I'm not being nice to you. I just don't want my friends to kill me when they notice you missing." I said angrily. She remained silent after that.

While waiting for the nurse to come, she spoke up again.

"Tao." she said my real name for the first time. "Thanks… For yesterday…" she said shyly, but her gratitude towards me sounded sincere.

"Yeah, whatever." I gave her a small smile, and said nothing else. I was a bit embarrassed myself.

The nurse came shortly after that and scolded her for trying to leave. She smiled awkwardly and apologized, and promise to not do so again.

"Go back to sleep, it's still early in the morning right now. I'll wake you up if the Exo members or Aemi comes by." I told her.

"How's Aemi? Is she alright?" she asked me worriedly.

"Aemi? She's fine. She's just in the room next door. She came by to visit you yesterday, and man, she was crying a lot. You can go see her later if you want." I assured her.

"Ah... I see…" she yawned.

"Just go to sleep." I told her again. Finally, this stubborn girl listens to me and closes her eyes.

"Oh and Tao?" she said sleepily. "I'll pay you back one day or another."

I smile softly. I doubt she'll be like this later; she'll probably call me by my nicknames again and throw insults at me when she wakes up again later. Though I have to admit, I quite enjoy Elle's vulnerable and soft side.

I sit back on the couch chair and eat my breakfast. I smile to myself. Despite her really annoying side and the fights we had, I am really glad that she's safe and okay now. 


Thank you for those who subscribed! What did you guys think of this chapter? Don't be shy and leave a comment below ^^