Invitation

Some Things Never Change

Kai

"I can't believe we're going back to work tomorrow!" Sehun pouted.

"I don't hate my job, but it would have been nice to have a few more days off. The past few days have been loads of fun." said Baekhyun yawning.

"We won't be able to hang out with Aemi tomorrow…" Tao frowned.

"And Elle too." I pointed out. He grimaced at my comment, but I know deep down, he likes hanging out with her too, he just won’t admit it.

"How about we take them to SM tomorrow? They could have a tour of the building and all. Since they really know us, they’re allowed to visit it." said Luhan.

"That's a great idea hyung! They can see us practice too! They could even meet other artists! Isn't this like every girl's dream?" said Sehun grinning.

"Who wants to go pick Aemi and Elle up and wake them up in the morning?" asked Xiumin. Exo-M looked surprised that none of us volunteered. We should tell them why, but it'll be funny if they found out themselves…

"I guess it'll be one of us who will pick them up." said Xiumin looking at us suspiciously.

"Yep. I guess so. Now if you excuse us, we'll be going back to our apartment now. Bye guys." said Suho hurriedly.

We bid Exo-M goodbye and walked out of the door. Before closing the door, since I was the last one out, I stuck my head back in and said to the guys:

"Good luck!"

Kris

"So which one of us are going?" asked Luhan yawning. "Can we decide it now please? I'm really tired."

"Alright then. To make this quick and simple, let's just vote." I said.

"I'm sure this is gonna be quick." whispered Lay to Luhan and they started laughing. I raised a brow not really understanding the humour in there.

"Who wants me to go?" I asked. All five members raised their hands.

"This way, you can go see the love of your life!" teased Tao causing the others to laugh.

"Shut up…" I felt my face burning. That kid… Let me make him get a taste of his own medicine. "Who is in favor for Tao to come with me?" I asked and five hands shot up including mine.

"Damn it…" frowned Tao, regretting his comment immediately.

I honestly don't mind picking Aemi and Elle up. Even if the guys didn’t vote for me to go, I would have volunteered anyways haha. I wanted to use this chance to tell something important to Aemi.

-The next morning-

"Why do I have to go wake them up too? Don't you have a say in this? I mean you're the Duizhang!" said Tao.

"The others voted the both of us to go." I answered simply and shrugged.

"I don't want to go see Elle! She's a pain in the ! You guys must see that! Plus, we don't even get along! Why can't Luhan ge come instead? Or Lay? Or Xiumin? Or Chen? Why on earth did you drag me here? Why me???" he complained to me again.

"Well, to our eyes you guys get along well. So deal with it!" I said ending this argument which has no end if it's Tao.

Luckily, Aemi and Elle gave Exo-K a spare key to their apartment, so we don’t need to ring their doorbell to get in. Plus, I tried calling both Aemi and Elle many times already, and none of them answered at least once. It would ring for many times, then it'll be sent to voice message.

Their apartment wasn't very big or luxurious, but it wasn't bad looking. It was just an average looking apartment that had all your basic necessities.

"You'll go wake Elle up, while I wake Aemi up. Got it?" I told Tao once again.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." he said, obviously annoyed.

Since the apartment wasn't really big, it wasn't hard to find Aemi's room. I walked in and I spot her sleeping peacefully with the AC almost at the max. I was actually a little bit cold when I stepped into her room.

"Aemi, wake up! It's time to go!" I shook her arm. She mumbled something, but didn’t move.

"Come on!" I said nicely. "If you don't wake up, we'll be late!" I said to her softly. I couldn't yell at her; I mean look at her! How can you yell at someone like her? Even if I yell to wake her up, I wouldn't forgive myself.

The following thing that I did was cruel, but necessary. I tried waking Aemi up by speaking to her, but nothing happened. The AC is on pretty high, so if I pull off her blanket…

I pull off her blanket super quickly and by consequence, I receive a kick in return in the stomach. Oh god… That hurts. Luckily I haven't had breakfast yet, or else it would have come back up for sure! No wonder Exo-K didn't want to come. She's a really violent person in the morning.

"What the heck is wrong with you!? It's freaking cold?! The sun is not even out yet? Why are you waking me up?!" said Aemi with half opened eyes squinting to see who I am.

I was pretty much on the ground clutching my stomach in pain.

"I'm here to take you to the SM building. The guys invited you and Elle…" I answered, still in pain.

"Wait a minute… Kris?" her eyes widen after realizing who I am.

"Good morning…!" I tried to smile.

Tao

Arg… Why me?

Shortie's room's door wasn't closed so I just walked in like that. She looked like she was in deep slumber and if a normal person sees her in this state, they would probably let her sleep.

Since Kris dragged me here in such a early morning, might as well mess with her.

I walked up to her bed and snatched one of her plushies from her nightstand. I began hitting her cheek with an a bunny plushie. She stirred in her sleep, but she still wouldn't wake up. Her hand shot out trying to hit away whatever was bothering her sleep.

"Yo, wake up." I said not too rudely and shook her shoulders.

"Go away…" she mumbled in a barely understandable voice and pushed my hand off her shoulder. I bet she has no idea it's me who's bothering her.

"Get up Shortie!" I started yelling. I wasn't being too mean before, but I doubt I'll be able to get her out of bed at this rate.

"Shut up you noisy little brat." she mumbled and took a cushion to cover her ears in order to tone away my voice. Little brat? Man she's not at all a morning person. Okay… I was nice, and I tried yelling. I guess it's time for me to scare her.

I approached my face to hers with only  a few inches between us. I bet she felt a bad presence around her because once my face was close to hers, her eyebrows knitted together. I laugh in my head and lightly slapped her cheeks a few times. Her eyes slowly opened and saw me, then closed back. Suddenly, her eyes shot open at a rapid speed filled with shock and fear.

She let out a deaf piercing shriek and raised her arm to hit me. Lucky for my wushu skills, it was really easily blocked.

"Geez, no need to be so violent in the morning!" I said.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" she yelled at me. Man this is actually really funny.

"I'm here to wake you up and to take you to work with me." I said boringly.

"What time is it…" she looked out the window and then grabbed her phone from the nightstand.

"It's freakin' 4 am Ugly Panda! Have you lost your mind?! Did you get hit in the head or something?" she said irately.

"Are you getting up or not? If you don't, I'm going to be in trouble with my friends! They forced me to come, and expect to see you later." I told her.

"I'm not going. So leave me alone!" she said while covering her head with her blanket and cursing a lot while doing that. I shook my head and thought of a drastic measure.

I walked away from her room and went to the bathroom. I found a small bucket and I opened the sink's cold water knob to  fill it up.

Me

I'm still not very happy that I got woken up at such an early time of the day, but since it was Kris who woke me up, I couldn't really let out my complete anger at him. He took a kick from me already.

I led Kris to the living room and walked way to I brush my teeth and make myself look presentable to go out.

As I walk towards the washroom, Tao was coming out holding a bucket of water.

"What are you doing?" I look at him oddly.

"Oh good morning Aemi~" he smiled widely at me. "Nothing much, just going to wake someone up!"

"Oh alright, carry on." I simply said. If it wasn't four in the morning, I would try to stop him, but I'm too tired… You're on your own Elle.

Tao

I walked back to Shortie's room and  I put the bucket of water down.

"Okay Shortie. Last chance. Wake up now, or you'll be sorry." I warned her one last time. See, I'm not that bad of a guy. I'm giving her one last chance. 

"Go. Away." she said menacingly.

"You asked for it." I said and poured down the bucket of water on her. She shot up so quickly after that.

"What. The. Hell. What is wrong with you, you idiot?! You don't see me going to your house and splash water to wake you up!"

"Not my fault you can't wake up easily." I shrugged and laughed at her reaction. Though I feel a bit bad that she's completely drenched from head to toes, but it's still funny to see her all irritated.

She was cursing madly, and tried to hit me, but I blocked all of them.

"Go take a shower or change out of your wet clothes. You'll catch a cold easily in this kind of AC temperature." I said.

"I wouldn't have this problem if it weren't for you, you UGLY PANDA!!!!" she yelled at me and walked away to the washroom while grabbing a set of clothes.

I guess it was worth being dragged here to see all this.

Me

It was really hard to stay awake during the car ride to the SM building, but I still tried hard to not sleep because I don't want Kris and Tao to get hurt when trying to wake me up again. I was quiet throughout the whole ride because I don't tend to be super nice early in the morning. Usually, Elle would be like me too, but right now, she's still yelling at Tao for splashing her with cold water this morning, haha. Those two are so funny!

Kris and Tao led us to the SM building. There is practically no one outside on the streets right now since it's so early. There aren't even any fans outside waiting for them.

When we entered the building, the security guard searched my bag and Elle's, and required us to leave our cell phones with him until we leave.

"Sorry about that…" said Kris. "They're just trying to prevent visitors to leak out any songs or dance footage, so they take away any devices that can do so."

After handing us visitor passes, we took the elevator and stopped on the 6th floor. 

The second he opened the door, we were all greeted by both Exo-M and Exo-K.

"How did the waking up go?" asked Kai.

"I got kicked in the stomach." said Kris, and I blush in embarrassment.

"That's not so bad. Sehun over here once got an black eye because of her." said Chanyeol laughing.

"Did you get hurt Tao?" asked Chen. "Elle is usually as violent as Aemi in the morning. Sometimes even more."

"Well she tried to hit me, but as you can see," he gestured himself and grinned. "I'm bruise and blood free!"

"How did you get her to wake up then?" Suho asked him curiously.

"I splashed her with icy cold water." he said proudly, causing Elle to give him a death glare, though he didn't seem to notice it, haha.

"Anyways, we should start practicing now." said Kris making everybody get ready.

They did a few warm up exercises before dancing. They showed us their 'Mama' and 'History' dance and Sehun fell down when he was dancing to 'History' because he was smiling and waving at me. He ended up being scolded by Luhan and Suho for being too distracted. Afterwards, they danced to 'Wolf' and I have to say, seeing it in front of my eyes is so awesome! No words can describe how talented each of them are.

They had to repeat these choreographies many times, because they had a performance coming up soon. They took a break once and a while, and Kai offered to teach me and Elle how to dance some parts. I refused his offer, because I have absolutely no talent in dancing.

"Come on! Just this part! It's 15 seconds and it's not that hard!" said Kai encouragingly.

"Alright fine." I got up and followed him. Chanyeol and Xiumin tried to make Elle dance too, but she kept refusing, haha.

I followed Kai's moves, and I hear the others laughing behind me. I look at Kai in the mirror, and I notice that he's biting his lower lip in order to keep a laugh.

"Are you doing this for entertainment purpose?" I raised a brow at him.

"You caught me!" he let out his laugh. "Sehun was filming everything. I hate to say this to you, but you're really bad at dancing. It's very funny to watch though!!! HAHA."

"You guys are so mean!" I said and hit him in the arm playfully, though I couldn't help but laugh too. I went to sit back next to Elle and watched them continue their practice.

Lunch time was coming soon, and some of the guys started complaining that they were hungry.

"Could you two go buy us lunch please?" said Sehun doing an irresistible cute face. You couldn't say no to it.

"Fine…" said Elle. Even she couldn't resist his cuteness!

"Cool! The cafeteria is on the 9th floor so you can buy all of us some lunchboxes. Any of them are good, so you can pick any you like. For the drinks, I recommend you go to the vending machine on the 2nd floor. The choices are so much better than the drinks they sell in the cafeteria. Thanks! And you guys don't need to knock when you come back later. Just come in!" he said while handing us money from his wallet and went back to join his friends.

Elle

"How about you go buy the lunchboxes while I buy the drinks?" I said.

"That's a great idea. We'll get everything done quicker this way. Look at them… They've been dancing for hours and they all look so hungry. We better hurry up!" said Aemi getting up.

We went to take the elevator separately since I needed to go down and Aemi needed to go up.

I know that the SM building is pretty big, so I really hope we don't get lost later on our way back!

Me

It didn't take me much time to buy the lunch boxes. I was done in less than 5 minutes! I went to take the elevator to go back to Exo.

Was I suppose to go to the 5th floor or the 6th…?

I think I'll go with the 5th floor!

When I got out, I took a look around, and I have no idea which way to go. I should have taken the time to remember where Exo's practice room is. All the doors look awfully similar… I bite my lip and look left and right. I hear some music coming from a door and the beat sounded like Exo's music. This must be their dance room!

I open the door and I froze on the spot. This isn't Exo's practice room.

Five Korean guys were staring at me and they were equally surprised as I was. What was awkward was that three of them didn't have their shirts on and I walked in on them while they were changing. Well, I was positive this was Exo's practice room! And Sehun told me not to knock!

Seconds passed. The guy that looked like the leader of the group was opening his mouth to say something, but I just closed the door in embarrassment while apologizing in English:

"Sorry! Wrong room!"

I powered walked away from there as fast as my legs would let me. I heard footsteps behind me, catching up very fast. I started running away a bit now, because I was really embarrassed of everything that happened. Plus, I couldn't really communicate in Korean, so… Better running away than facing those guys!

"Kidahryojuseyo!" said a guy's voice. "Please wait!"

Despite speaking in English, I still didn't stop. I know it's rude, but…!! His hand grabbed my wrist.

"You're not from here are you? Are you a trainee?" said a handsome guy. Based on my observations, I would say he's around 170 cm tall? Or maybe a little bit more.

"I'm not from here… And I'm not a trainee either…" I said shyly.

"Oh so you're a visitor!" he pointed at my pass. I nodded, still a bit intimidated by him. "I'm guessing you're lost? How about I take you to wherever you need to go."

Seeing that I will probably not find my way in the next half an hour, I took his offer.

"I'm Jonghyun, and I just want to say, don't worry about what happened. It's not big of a deal, so there's no reason for you to be scared of us." he flashed me a smile. He completely read my mind haha. 

"Haha, alright then." I smiled back. His smile is really friendly; all the intimidating aura I felt before was completely lifted off.

"Where do you need to go?" he asked me.

"Exo's practice room. They were hungry, so I offered to go get them lunch." I explained. Which reminds me… Where did my bags of lunch boxes go?

"Looking for this?" asked another guy in English. I turned and I spot an innocent-looking guy walking towards us. "I guess you were too surprised back there? You left these bags of food outside our door."

"This is Taemin. The maknae of our group." Jonghyun introduced the other guy to me. He waved and smiled friendlily.

"Since we're making introductions, what's your name?" he added.

"It's Aemi." I answered.  

"Aemi…? What a nice name!" said Taemin cheerfully. "I'm not trying to judge your eating habits but…, how can you eat so much food?" he pointed at the bags. "You could feed twelve guys with this amount!"

"That's because it is for twelve guys. She bought it for Exo." said Jonghyun, answering for me.

"A tourist looking girl knows Exo? So you must know Kai too." said Taemin with a cute surprised expression.

"He's right. How do you know them?" asked Jonghyun curiously.

"Are you sure you're not a fan who sneaked in?" Taemin teased.

"Haha, I'm sure. Well it's a long story…." I said.

"You can tell us while we walk you to Exo's room." said Jonghyun.

Elle

If only the plastic bag did not break, now I'm stuck carrying twelve bottles of drinks back to Exo's practice room. Such a pain… If only I had my cell phone with me, I would have asked Exo to come help me out, or maybe Aemi.

I was walking quite slowly in order to not have anything fall out of my arms, but sadly, things just have to go wrong. Two bottles fall out of my arms. When I tried to catch them, I end up making everything fall.

Oh just great…

I let out a sigh and bent down to pick them up. This is going to be a challenge. It took me a while to get everything in my arms before they fell… How on earth am I going to do that again?

Someone tapped my shoulder while speaking in Korean. I turn and I see a guy with small eyes and many handsome features smiling at me while holding some of the drinks in his arms.

"I'm sorry… I don't speak Korean…" I bit my lip awkwardly. It would have been nice to be able to speak this language in order to thank this guy.

"Oh, so you speak English." he spoke fluidly.

"Perfect, so do you." I said. "Thanks for picking the bottles up for me. I can take them back now…"

"How about I help you bring them?" he offered. "Where do you need to go?"

"Exo's dance practice room." I answered.

"Exo's practice room? Oh so you're their new assistant? Cool, though I would have expected SM to hire someone who speaks Korean…"

"Assistant? Oh no. You misunderstood. I'm just their friend. They took me here for a visit." I simply answered.

"You're friends with Exo? Wow. How can a tourist like you know so many famous Kpop idols?" he said incredulously.

"I knew Exo-K before they became famous. We're actually really close friends. They used to live next door to my apartment." I said.

"Well, you're gonna get a new famous friend. I'm Henry." he introduced himself.

"I'm Elle. Are you an assistant for a group or something?" I asked him in order to create conversation.

"This is the first time I get this type of question. I'm surprised you didn't recognize me from the beginning. I'm part of Super Junior M." he laughed.

"Oh… My bad. I'm sorry… I don't really know any Kpop groups other than Exo. I didn't mean to insult you." I felt my cheeks turn red. I feel kinda bad that I did not know he's famous.

"Don't worry; it's alright. he assured me. "It's nice to meet someone who won't throw questions at me regarding my career. Oh, we have to turn here to get to Exo's room."

When Henry opened the door to Exo's room, the guys looked up in surprise by the person who's next to me.

"So that's why it took you so long!" said Sehun. "You went to stalk Super Junior!"

"No I didn't! I don't even know Super Junior!!" I cried. "No offense." I turn to say to Henry.

"None taken. You guys aren't really nice;  how can you make Elle carry so many drinks!" he scolded them playfully.

I left Henry's side and went to distribute drinks to Exo.

Kai

"Dude, you have to bring her along to the event! She seems like a fun girl!" said Henry hyung.

"When is it?" I asked him.

"It's in two days. Didn't you receive the invitation? I hope you'll bring her with you guys. I need to go, my break is about to end and I don't want the choreographer to yell at me again." he said.

"I'll see what I can do. Bye Henry." I said. Wow. He only met Elle, and yet he's already this interested in her. It's so rare to see this kind of situation.

"Bye everyone!" said Henry to the others. "I need to go back to practice. Bye Elle! See you soon!" he smiled widely at her. She waved back, but looked a bit confused.

So it's that time of the year again…

Henry's idea isn't bad. I should invite them to it too.

I wonder if Aemi will go if I asked…

"HELLO KAI!" yelled a loud voice interrupting my thoughts.

I turn around to see Taemin, who was about to jump on my back, but ended up on the floor.

"Good to see you too." I laughed at his ridiculousness. "What are you doing here?"

"We came to bring back your little friend!" he smiled pointing at Jonghyun and Aemi who just came in.

"Let me guess… She got lost?" I asked him.

"Yep. How did you know? And how come you never told me you have a best friend from Canada?" he accused me.

"Well," I shrugged. "You never asked."

"Yes, it's such a common question to ask." he said sarcastically. "Aemi's a really fun person to be around with. I hope I'll see her again." he said showing me the fancy piece of paper about the event.

"We'll see, haha." I laughed.  

"We have to get going. Onew said we're going out to eat chicken, and you how much he likes it; we better not make him wait. Come on Jonghyun!" he waved at me and dragged his friend out.

Elle

I handed Baekhyun his bottle of water and spotted an elegant looking invitation sticking out of his bag.

"What's that?" I asked him pointing at it.

"This? Oh it's an invitation to the annual SM summer ball. Which reminds me, you wanna come with us? It's in two days." said Baekhyun.

"Ball…?" I said to myself. Dressing up fancily? It's not really my type of things to do.

Oh… Now I get it. No wonder Kris bought heels and a dress for Aemi. He's going to ask her to be his date for the ball.

"Earth to Elle?" Baekhyun waved his hand in front of my eyes. "You okay? You look kinda down. It's okay if you don't want to go you know, but I figured it would be fun if you came along with us."

"Oh sure, I'll come." I answered and put on a composed face.

I walked over to where Exo-M was and I overheard Kris talking to Aemi. I shouldn't be eavesdropping, but I'm just curious whether I'm right or not.

"Did you read the note I gave you along with your dress?" he asked Aemi.

"Yes. I forgot to thank you earlier for it! I really like the dress; it's so pretty! Just like you predicted, I have to ask, why did you buy me a dress like that? It's a bit too fancy to wear on a regular basis." she said.

What he said after confirmed everything I thought of. I don't know why, but I felt my heart sink.

Kris

"Well… The thing is." I rubbed the back of my neck. "The SM annual summer ball is coming up, and we're allowed to bring a guest. So, eh… I was wondering, would you like to go with me?" I asked Aemi. My heartbeat is speeding up, and I'm really scared she'll say no.  

"Ball? Sure." she smiled softly. "How can I say no after all the things you bought me for all this? So that was your true intention behind my birthday gifts haha."

"Okay then." I smile widely. "I'll tell you more details about it later."

YES. Victory. She agreed to go with me!

What she doesn't know is that, I'm planning to confess to her at the ball. Let's hope things goes well for me. 


Hello everyone! I would like to thank everyone who subscribed, and to those who commented! It really means a lot! For all those quiet readers out there, comment from time to time, I'm really curious what you guys think of this story ^^ I hope everyone liked this update!