Misunderstanding

Some Things Never Change

Big thanks to those who subscribbed :DD Since last chapter was a bit shorter than usual, this one will be a long one!  Remember to comment and for those who haven't yet, please subscribe! Enjoy everyone~


Me

"So you're trying to tell me that you two were the ones making me run around Seoul thinking that Exo-K's future is on the line?" asked Kai, slightly pissed off.

"Yep… I kinda regret it though… I didn't expect to be injured as a result of it…" mumbled Elle still sitting on the ground.

"Well, other than that, aren't you glad to see us?" I tried to cheer up the atmosphere.

"Of course we are!" said Sehun giving me a bear hug.

"C-Can't breathe!!!" I barely managed to say.

"You should let her go Sehun, her face is becoming red like a tomato haha…" said Suho. "Soon to be purple." he added.

"Oops sorry!" he chuckled.  

"How many years have it been?" asked Chanyeol.

"Four years!! Almost five!" I answered. "How could you guys not remember?" I frowned. I guess their fame really distracted them…

"Of course I remembered! How could I forget my little sister?" Baekhyun smiled and lifted me up and spun around a bit.

"AHHHH! Put me down you piece of Bacon! You know I hate being lifted up like this!!" I half-shrieked. My dad used to do this to play with me when I was a kid, but sadly, he dropped me on the floor several times which caused me to me scared every time someone lifts me up like this.

"Oops sorry! I remember, it's just that I'm just too happy right now!" he smiled.

"You can put her down now hyung." said Kai.

"Oooh I see mister over here is jealous. Tell your boyfriend that I'm just having a little brother-sister bonding time." joked Baekhyun.

"FOR THE LAST TIME, WE ARE NOT A COUPLE!" yelled Kai and I at the same time. I chuckled after yelling. This reminds me of the good old times back before they were famous. God, how I miss those days…

"You know what we should do?" said Sehun randomly. "We should eat dinner together tonight!"

"That's a great idea!" commented Suho. "Should we go to our dorm?"

"NOOOOO." said Sehun. "We should go to where Elle and Aemi are staying! I mean… Eh… We might get spotted by our fans if we go to our dorm with two girls!" said Sehun nervously. He's definitely hiding something by the sound of his voice… Plus his eyes were looking left and right to make sure nobody noticed his oddness.

"Did you plan this out the whole time?" asked Kai. "By making us buy food and all?"

"Yep! Aren't I a genius hehe?" I smiled.

"You're awfully quiet over there Elle. Something wrong?" asked D.O.

"Well… I hate to be the party-pooper but… Could someone buy me some bandages and perhaps some antiseptic alcohol please? When you guys attacked me, I scrapped my hands… I also need help getting up, my back is aching." said Elle.

"Haha woops… We forgot about you." laughed Kai which caused everyone to laugh along, even Elle. The guys helped Elle up, and after buying Elle's stuff, we took a taxi and went to my place. I have a feeling tonight's dinner is going to fun. Many years of things to share!

 Kai

"You know, I should repay everything we made you buy today." said Aemi casually while we each eat our bowl of ice cream.

"Nah it's fine. All six of us will pay for it equally. We are superstars after all, we have more money than you two." I winked.

"Hey! We may be normal people, but we're not that poor!" she objected.

"Sure, sure." I ignored what she said. "You know there's no point in arguing with me right? You always lose."

"No I don't! How about this, we just split the amount in 8?" she compromised with a child-like smile.

"Alright fine. Deal." I shook hands with her.

"YOU IDIOTS! YOU SPILLED THE WHOLE DAMN BOTTLE ON MY HANDS!" yelled Elle. There were a few curses that followed, but I'll just pretend I didn't hear them. Sehun and Baekhyun were disinfecting Elle's wounds and bandaging them.

"Sorry!" said Sehun. "I guess I'm extra clumsy today…"

Normally, people who face her would be repulsed by her attitude and personality, but after knowing her for a while, she's a great person under the tough façade. When she yells at us, she usually doesn't mean it intentionally. It just slips out of .

"She hasn't changed much has she?" I said to Aemi.

"Nope not a bit." she laughed.

"Though I have to admit, I was expecting her to be a bit more lady-like over the years, but by looks of it, I don't think that's the case haha." I chuckled.

"Yeah… I don't think that will happen anytime soon." she said.

"Oh well! We still love her anyways! It would actually be weird if one day she comes up to us with make-up and wearing a girly skirt or dress." commented Suho.

"Indeed…" I tried to picture that, but it's just too weird.

"Aemi?" called Chanyeol. She turned to see what he wanted. "You have ice cream on your nose."

"Huh? Where?" she asked holding her spoon of ice cream in midair.

"Right over here!" said Chanyeol while knocking her hand onto her nose.

"Heyyy! That's mean." pouted Aemi. Chanyeol stuck his tongue out and skipped over to Baekhyun and Sehun's side to see how Elle is doing.

"Here." I took a napkin, lifted up her chin and wiped the ice cream off for her.

"All done!" said Baekhyun proudly while putting away the unused bandages.

"Can we eat now?" asked Sehun, who is practically drooling while looking at the food set up on the table.

"You should ask the people who invited us here." said the leader. Look at him act all mature and polite. I know he's dying to eat the food too.

"Drop the politeness. I know you guys are starving by looking at your faces." said Elle. "DIG IN GUYS!"

Me

The second after Elle gave permission to eat, the guys became animals. Just like their song, they're wolves haha. Luckily the pizza was extra large, because in less than five minutes, there were only two slices left. I guess they still remembered to leave us each a slice?

Oh never mind. I was wrong, they completely forgot about us haha…

After D.O. took one of the slices, Kai and Sehun reached for the last one at the same time.

"Let go." they said firmly at the same time. They were glaring at each other without letting go of the pizza.

"I'm older than you so I get to eat it!" said Kai.

"Well I'm shorter than you so I need to eat more to grow!" said Sehun.

"You're shorter than me by one centimeter! Even if you eat this slice, what difference would it make?!" said Kai.

"Guys there's more food…" I tried to keep two childish boys from ripping each others' heads off. I swear, they are on the edge of doing that. For a slice of pizza… How silly.

"IT'S MINE!!" they yelled at each other. Wow. They completely ignored me.

"Don't worry, it's like this almost every day." assured Baekhyun.

Suddenly a hand shot out and grabbed the slide.

"It's mine." said Suho with authority. "I'm shorter than both of you so I get it!"

"Nooooo!" they both watched in horror as the leader ate the last slice.

"You guys are funny." I laughed.

 "Are you going to do the same with the chicken wings too?" joked Elle.

"CHICKEN WINGS?" their eyes shot up.

"Oh boy… This isn't going to be pretty…" I said.

Baekhyun

"Boy I'm stuffed" Sehun smiled while patting his tummy.

"Speak for yourself." said Suho. "You didn't even leave much for Elle and Aemi!"

"It's okay! We don't really eat much! We're full too!" said Aemi.

We are now hanging out in their living room with the TV , but nobody seems to be paying attention to it.

"Boy I missed times like these…" said Kai.

"I know right! Ever since you guys moved away, it's very boring at home! The new neighbors are so mean!" said Elle hugging the plushie she made us buy.

"A tough girl like you still loves plushies? Even after all these years? " I .

"Oh shut up! They’re cute okay? You know I love collecting them!" she hugged the bear tightly not letting go, which caused everybody to laugh. She looks like a little girl right now haha! I remember when we first met her. She was very cold and slightly hostile towards us, but as time passed by, she really warmed up to us.

"What are you guys doing here? Did you come to Korea to test your luck in meeting Exo members?" I teased.

"Oh yeah," Aemi played along. "I'm definitely updating my Facebook status to 'OMG I met EXO in Seoul!' "

Everybody laughed at the way she said that. She used a very stereotypical fan girl voice.

"Well, we've been planning to travel somewhere this year, since we finally saved enough money. Seoul wasn't the only choices though haha. We went through a long elimination process and Seoul was the remaining one! We never expect to see you guys though." said Aemi.

"How long are you staying though?" asked Kai.

"Till the end of August. So we have like two months here! You guys are not going on tour anytime soon are you?" frowned Elle.

"I don't think so. We just finished one!" said Sehun.

"Alright then! If you guys have some free time, we should hang out!" smiled Aemi.

"That's a good idea! You know it's getting kind of late, and you two look exhausted… I'm guessing jet lag? How about we talk tomorrow?" suggested Suho.

"You could come to our dorm!" exclaimed Chanyeol. "No fans have ever done that! Actually, no girls ever stepped in our dorms… Well except for some of our mothers, but that's another story haha!"

"We have a lot of movies at home, and we recently bought a new game system!" said Sehun.

"And I'll cook something nice for you guys! One of the best meals of your life!" said D.O.

"Guys, don't plan out the whole day yet. They haven’t even accepted our invitation yet." I pointed out. Who knows, maybe they had something planned for tomorrow.

"We'll come." said Elle smiling warmly at us.

"It's always fun to hang out with you guys!" said Aemi.

"YAAAAY" Sehun hugged both of them.

"Sehun, I think you're suffocating them!!" said Kai worriedly. The girls looked at though they were about to pass out haha.

"Oops! Hehe, my bad!" he scratched his head as he let them go.

"So it's settled! For the entire day, you guys will be hanging out with us! You don't even need to make or buy breakfast tomorrow! You'll eat at our place! One of us will come pick you up in the morning! Just give us your cell phone numbers." I said.

After exchanging all of our numbers, we bid Aemi and Elle goodbye. We called a cab to go home, since we didn't want to bother our manager.

"Well that was fun." said Kai when we were in the elevator waiting to land on our floor.

"They're so awesome!!" said Chanyeol.

"I still can't believe they're the ones who set this all up with the whole cell phone thing." I said.

*DING*

I suddenly remembered that the kitchen is still a mess in the dorm. Oh boy… This is not going to be pretty…

And D.O. had to be the one who opens the door first.

Sehun is going to be in big trouble!!!

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY KITCHEN!?" yelled D.O.

"It's Sehun's fault" I tattle tailed.

D.O. rarely gets angry but when you ruin his kitchen, things get ugly…

Good luck Kid!

Me

Time seems to pass by quickly. I seemed like a few minutes ago that I fell asleep, but it's morning already! I got woken up by Kai's phone call and he said he was coming in an hour to pick us up.

Elle and I got ready fairly quickly, and before we know it, someone was ringing our doorbell already.

"Good morning!" he smiled. It's so rare to see him so cheerful in the morning. He used to be very grumpy morning person back when we went to school together. "Are you two ready to go? D.O. is making a big breakfast for you guys!"

"Yep we're ready! Oh my god, it's been years I haven't eaten Chef D.O.'s food! I'm so excited!" I smiled.

Suho

"Wow… When was the last time I saw this place so clean! It's spotless!" I exclaimed.

"Well it took me all night to clean it!" said Sehun pouting. "D.O. hyung made me clean the kitchen and the whole dorm as a punishment for messing up his kitchen!"

"Well you did a really good job!" I tried to cheer him up. "I'm sure Aemi and Elle will notice this."

"I'm back and the guests of honor are here!" announced Kai as if on cue when he entered the dorm.

"Welcome to our wonderful and clean home!" said Sehun excitedly.

"Oh my, I can't believe you guys actually clean your place now!" exclaimed Aemi. "Your old house was a mess haha!"

"You guys can talk later!" said D.O. "Breakfast is ready!!"

Me

We didn't really talk much during breakfast because we were all too busy stuffing our faces in D.O.'s food, and I have to add, it was so delicious! It was heaven on Earth.

"So what do you guys want to––" Kai started to say, but got interrupted by a phone call.

He was speaking in Korean, so I had absolutely no idea what he was saying. After a minute or two, he hung up.

"I know we promised to hang out with you guys today, but we need to go to work to try on the new outfits they prepared for our next mini promotion concert." said Kai.

"Ohhhh…." frowned Sehun.

"Come on guys, let's go now so that we can come back faster. Just stay here and feel free to do whatever you like here. The keys are on the kitchen counter if you ever need to go out, but make sure to lock up. We'll come back as soon as we can!" said Kai.

"No worries, take your time guys. We'll be okay." said Elle.

"Okay then, see you later!" waved Baekhyun and the rest.

As soon as the door closed, silence filled the empty dorm.

"Wow… The quietness really makes me realize I much I missed their presence." said Elle.

"I know right… I don't know how I'll react when we leave at the end of  summer…" I said.

"Yeah…" said Elle looking as though her mind was wondering off somewhere. She must be remembering the time when we said goodbye to them when they left…

"Okay." I tried to clear the sad, depressing atmosphere. "I guess I'll go do some dishes!"

I walk to the sink with some of the dishes when I notice two cards on the kitchen counter reflecting the sunlight shinning from the windows. I curiously pick up the cards with my free hand to see what they are.

One of them read 'Oh Sehun' and the other one read 'Park Chanyeol'… It had the SM logo on it.

I may not be able to read Korean, but I'm positive these two cards are work-passes.

"Elle… I think Sehun and Chanyeol forgot their work-passes…" I said.

"They're going to their workplace aren’t they? Aren't these important?" she asked worriedly.

"I think so… Should we try to catch up to them? I think they might need these to get into the building." I said.

"Okay, it hasn't been long since they left, so I think we'll be able to catch up to them easily if we run a bit!" I grabbed to keys and the passes. "Come on!"

We locked up the door and half jogged towards the elevator.

"YAH!" I heard someone say.

Two guys were glaring at us and spoke quickly in Korean.

"Eh… I'm sorry, but we don't speak Korean." I said.

"Could you speak in English please?" said Elle.

"Who are you? And what did you take from Exo-K's dorm?" said the panda-like eyes guy.

Lay

We're usually nice to girls, but these two don't seem like ordinary people. Plus, Tao and I saw them come out of Exo-K's dorm. We came here to give them some food Chen's mom made for us.

Tao started questioning them with a very intimidating face.

"Well, I'm Aemi and she's Elle." said the girl. "We were just going to catch up to Exo-K and give them their work-passes. So if you'll excuse us…" She tried to leave along with her friend.

Tao had his arms crossed and were blocking their way.

Oh I see. So they took their work-passes. They could use these to enter the SM building easily.

I have to admit, they're pretty smart thieves.

Sadly, they just had to be caught by us.

Elle

"You," the dimple guy turns to Aemi. "Your name sounds so Korean, yet you pretend to be an English speaking tourist in order for us to let you thieves go easily."

"You make a really good point Lay! And you," he pointed at me, " What kind of name is Elle? What? Are you so obsessed with Death Note you have to find a name that reminds you of it? HAHA." mocked the guy with panda eyes.

"Okay first of all, she really isn't Korean, and we really don't speak Korean! Second, how dare you insult my name?! Haven't you ever heard of this name before?! It's spelled E-L-L-E. Not just L you stupid idiot!" I yelled at him and pushed him to make him off balance, and hopefully fall.

"And you, you think your name is so much better? Your name sounds like a chip brand!" I retorted at the other guy.

"Stupid idiot huh? So it's a fight that you want? Don't think that I won't hit a thief just because she's a girl." said the panda dude with dark eyes. I have to admit, he looks very intimidating right now, but now is not the time to show weakness.

"Elle," said Aemi. "I don't think it's a good idea to pick up a fight with them."

"Yeah, listen to your friend." warned the dimple guy. "This guy here is practically a kung-fu master. I wouldn't mess with him if I were you."

"I'm not scared of you. Show me what you got you Kung fu Panda." I said with confidence.

The panda guy did a side kick that was so fast that his foot was only an inch away from my cheek when I blinked.

"Are you scared of me now?" he smirked seeing my surprised face.

"Huang Zi Tao!" called someone from a distance. "What are you doing?" said the voice in Mandarin.  

"They're thieves!!" he answered. "They came out of Exo-K's dorm! They're probably crazy fans or something."

"Dude, for the last time, we're not fans! We know those guys personally." I said and then turned to see who he was talking to.

Alright… I think it's time for us to leave.

These two weirdos apparently have friends. And the one who was talking was around 190 cm tall?

The guy named Tao is explaining everything to that guy and his other friends. Now's our chance to escape.

"Psss Aemi," I whispered. "I think it's time for us to subtly leave now…"

"Come on!" she whispered back. "Let's do so while they're talking."

All eyes were on the tall guy and we tried to tip-toe our way to the elevator in order to get out of here.

"Hold it there you two." said the tall guy in English as I reached for the elevator button.

"Damn! We were so close." I mumbled.

Kris

After a brief explanation, apparently, these two girls came here to steal something from Exo-K's dorm.

"That's why we need to call the police!" exclaimed Tao.

"Okay, okay," I interrupted him. "It's been like the fifth time you've been saying this. I get it already. You can't just get them arrested without knowing their part of the story."

"But Duizhang––" started Tao, but I interrupted him.

"I'll just hear what they have to say, and if they really did do something wrong, then you can have the honors to call the cops." I sighed. Boy, these two girls must have really gone on bad terms with him.

I turned towards the so called thieves to question them.

Oh my god it's her.

"Oh it's you!" I exclaimed. The girl from the airport! The one who dropped her Rilakkuma phone strap!

"You guys know each other?" asked her friend looking at me curiously.

"We do?" said Aemi, slightly lost. I was slightly hurt she didn't recognize me. She looked at me and looked as though she was trying hard to remember where we met.

"Oh! You're the freakishly tall guy from the airport!" she smiled. "I didn't expect to see you again."

"Same here!" I smiled.

"Eh Kris, I think you're forgetting the big picture here." Lay said. "They stole something from Exo-K's dorm…"

"Oh yeah." I frowned. Darn… Out of all the people out there to break into their dorm… One of them just had to be this girl!

"Who are you? Why are you two doing here? And what did you take?" I returned to my usual leader attitude.

"Well I'm Aemi and this is Elle. We're friends with Kai and the others. And no," she slightly glared at Tao and Lay. "We did not break into their dorm. They invited us to come here this morning. They got a call telling them to go to the SM building to pick up something. After that, they told us to stay in the dorm, but I noticed that Sehun and Chanyeol forgot their work-passes. Well, that's what I think it is I mean it's a card with their faces on it and there's the SM logo." she showed me the two passes.

"We came out to catch up to them, but those two guys stopped us, thinking that we are thieves." Elle rolled her eyes at Tao and Lay.

"That's because you are!! Don’t believe them Kris!! They probably made this up!" said Tao.

"Then why are you here?" asked Elle. "How can we trust that you aren't the bad guys too? What proves that you know our friends?"

"Are she seriously trying to use the excuse that you don't know us?" mumbled Lay in Mandarin.  

"Are you being serious here?" I looked at her with surprised eyes.

"Yeah! Don’t you know who we are?" said Luhan.

"Should we…?" Elle looked at us with confused eyes.

"We really don’t know who you are…" said Aemi uneasily.

All of our jaws dropped when she said that. I think they're being serious here.

"How could you know where Exo-K's dorm is  and break into it, and not know who we are?!" asked Tao.

"WOULD YOU STOP SAYING WE BROKE INTO THEIR DORM!? For the last time we're their friends!" yelled Elle.

"WELL YOU REALLY STOLE SOMETHING. YOU STOLE THEIR WORKPASSES. YOU'RE PROBABLY GOING TO SELL THEM ONLINE FOR CASH!" Tao yelled back.

"Guys… I don't think yelling is necessary…" said Aemi, trying to break them up before they fight each other.

"Tao…" Chen tried to calm him down.

"DO YOU HAVE A THICK SKULL OR SOMETHING? I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE BEEN FREAKING REPEATING THIS, WE'RE THEIR FRIENDS! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE US, WAIT FOR THEM TO COME BACK AND WE'LL SEE WHO'S RIGHT OR WRONG." she yelled.

"WE'RE NOT GOING TO DO THAT. ONCE YOU SEE THEM, YOU'LL PROBABLY JUMP ON THEM OR SOMETHING. I'm calling the police to arrest you two." said Tao. Oh boy this is going bad.

"Do as you like. We're innocent, and I'm sure when Exo-K knows about this, they'll bail us out. You would probably get in trouble for false accusation. Have fun." she snapped.

"Eh… What's with all the yelling?" asked a confused familiar voice.

"Good you guys are finally back." said Aemi when she spotted who was talking.

"Could you please convince whoever they are that we're not thieves? They seem like they know you guys or something. " said Elle.

"Eh… They're our band mates… And guys, they're with us." commented Suho.

"What? I thought Exo was only 6 people!" exclaimed Aemi.

"No… We're actually twelve…" said D.O.

"So you guys are close friends…" said Elle. She turned to Tao and Lay. "Sorry for yelling at you guys! I didn't know!"

Tao

Well this changed drastically. It turns out, the things these girls said were all true. They really know Exo-K personally. I don't know how those guys met these two foreign girls but anyways… And that Elle girl is very odd… A few minutes she was all violent and cold, and now she's actually apologizing to us. Is she bipolar or something…? Or, maybe she must be very close friends with them and feels bad for her behavior.

"I think we need to give out more explanations… You guys seem very confused and lost. Come, let's go in." Kai opened the door and invited us in.

Yes, explanations would help a lot haha…