A Close Encounter

Some Things Never Change

 

Thank you for commenting and subscribing!


 

Me

"Take some painkillers to ease your headache." suggested Elle handing me some Tylenol.

"Thanks. Oh my God, I can't wait for this plane to land! I'm really excited to see Seoul, but mostly, I'm just sick and tired of sitting on a plane." I complained and made a face.

"Haha, me too. Don't worry, we're landing soon! In about an hour or so! Read these magazines to make time pass faster." she rummaged through her bag and threw three magazines at me.

"Hey! Watch where you're throwing!" I said as I rub my nose. I bet she threw it on my face on purpose...

"That's for waking me up on the flight to Tokyo just to ask when we're landing!" she smiled evilly. This girl sure holds grudges went it comes to her beauty sleep. Note to self: On the flight back, don't bother Elle when she's sleeping.     

I flip through a magazine and my eyes widen. It's them. I pat Elle's arm to tell her to look.

"What...? Oh..." she said. The curious expression on her face began changing into a sad one.

"I miss them a lot..." she mumbled half to herself and half to me. She turns to look at the cloudy view and seems deep in thoughts. I bet she's thinking back at the good times we had with the guys...

It's a picture of them promoting the Korean version of their new album. If you look closely, despite the make-up, their eyes show an obvious hint of tiredness. I hope they're not overworking themselves and actually have time to sleep.

We might not see you guys at the airport because of our different landing times, but if the wish I made at the water fountain comes true, maybe, just maybe, we might see each other at some point in Seoul? 

I wonder if they'll even recognize us... We'll recognize them for sure. It's not hard to miss Sehun's rainbow hair haha.

Kai

"Hyung, are you going to finish that chocolate chip cookie?" asked Sehun with child-like beaming eyes. He's been taking the food I have for the past two hours already! There isn't much left for me! Only this cookie! 

"Well..." I bit my lip. I really wanted to eat it... It looks so tasty...

"Please?" he started doing aegyo. Arg... Why does he have to do that each time he wants something from me?! Actually, he does that to everybody in the group. Every time he wants something from one of us, he does aegyo and all of us end up giving in.

"Fine!" I sigh, handing him his beloved cookie.

"Yay! Thanks hyung!" he said and started devouring it. Geez... He looks like he hasn't eaten in days.

"Wake me up when we land." I mumbled and closed my eyes.

Elle

You have got to be kidding me. It's my turn to have a kid kicking my seat this time?!

Aemi starts laughing at me.

"Hehe, karma! You shouldn't have thrown magazines at me! Look at you now! I don't think you'll be able to sleep for the rest of the flight!" she stuck her tongue out.

"Oh shut up!" I couldn't help but laugh a little. I turn over to face the window and attempt to fall back asleep again.

"Mommy look! It's so fun kicking this seat!" said the little boy behind me.

"Stop kicking the seat son. You're bother the passenger in front of you." said his mother nonchalantly.

Instead of listening to his mother, he continued kicking my seat, but even harder now.

Oh great...

This is gonna be a sleepless flight...

He's lucky he's just a little boy, or else I would be yelling at his face right now!

Kai

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon International Airport. The local time is 12: 00 pm. Please remain seated with your seatbelt on until the Captain turns off the seatbelt sign. All electronic devices must be remained off until the seatbelt sign is turned off. Thank you for flying with Korean Air and we hope to see you again." announced the flight attendant through the intercom.

Finally. There's nowhere better than home. Home sweet home.

"Yo Sehun!" I shook him a bit to wake him up. He was suppose to wake me up when we land, instead, I'm the one waking him up. Aish this kid... I shook my head and chuckled. 

He stirred a bit in his sleep, but he didn't wake up.

"I'll buy you some Baskin Robbins if you wake up now." I whispered into his ear.

"That's so generous of you hyung! Come on let's go!" he shot up cheerfully and full of energy.

That kid... I bet he wasn't even sleeping! Great... Now I owe him ice cream!

We got our carry on luggage and got off the plane fairly quickly.

Since four amongst us don't hold a Korean passport, they have to go in the foreigners' line. It's gonna take a while, but we're friends; we have to wait for them!

Some people, mostly girls, start recognizing us and whisper among themselves. Some look like they want to approach us. We're pretty used to this haha...                      

Me

"I want to explore Seoul right now!!" I said impatiently as Elle and I wait in line for the customs. We've been waiting for almost an hour already! Most of the people in line with us are girls around our age. I guess a lot of girls are interested in traveling to Seoul like us hehe!

Out of nowhere, girls in line start screaming.

"OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!!! KRIS LOOK OVER HERE!!!" one shrieked.

"XIUMIN!!! I LOVE YOU!!" another one yelled and blew that guy a kiss.

"TAO! TAO! DO SOME WUSHU RIGHT NOW!!!" one yelled her lungs out.

"LAY!! MARRY ME!!!" yelled a desperate one.

Oh boy... I'm going to be deaf after all this.

I turn around and I see four Chinese looking guys waving and smiling at the screaming girls. I guess they're famous? I wouldn't really know... Other than Exo-K, I don't really pay much attention to the music in Asia.   

Elle

What's the cause of this outrageous screaming?! I can hear them with my earphones on! Due to curiosity, I turn and I see four Chinese guys walking towards the line. It's sad I don't know them, or else I could have taken a picture and make my friends back home jealous haha. Oh well, it's my lost.

Kris

"Duizhang, I didn't expect to see screaming fans already! I thought we would have to wait till we get to the arrival part of the airport to see them!" said Xiumin waving to the fans.

As we approach the line, fans started dispersing to let us pass first. It's very nice of them, but we don't really need this kind of special treatment, even if we really want to go home and rest.

"You don't need to let us go first!" I told the fans in English. I hope they all understand me... "We're travelers just like you guys; we don't need special treatment." I smiled.

They still didn't move. Some from the front of the line even got out of it so that we could pass the customs faster. All of us tried to tell them it wasn't necessary to do this, but they refused. We had no choice but to accept their kindness.

We thanked and bowed to the fans. In the line, I notice there are only two girls with their backs turned to us. They seem like the only ones who aren't super excited of our presence.

One overly obsessed fan from outside the line grabbed one of the girl's arm violently and made her phone and earphones drop on the ground.

"What the...? What the hell is wrong with you?" she hissed and glared at the fan.

"Are you blind? Don't you see oppas need to pass? They're in a hurry; they have far more important things to do than you! Kris is behind you! How can you not let him pass?!" said the fan angrily.

"Kris who...?" she asked confusingly.

She turned around and looked at me and the guys with bored eyes.

"First of all, I don't know them. Second of all, who says I'm not in a hurry? And lastly, even if they are important celebrities, they should wait in line just like everybody else, so let go of me you crazy fan girl." she shook her arm out of the fan's grip.

"Here you go Elle." the other girl picked up the fallen items.

"Thanks." she mumbled to her friend.

"It's crazy what fans will do when they see their idols." the other girl chuckled.

The girl named Elle laughed and put her earphones back on, probably to drown the screaming fan noise. Her friend turned slightly towards us with curious eyes. I took a better look at her face and oh my... S-S-She's beautiful, and she's not even wearing a hint of make-up! Not even a dash of lip-gloss or something.  Our eyes met and she gave me a friendly smile. Before I could smile back, she turned around all ready.

Call me crazy, but... Just by that smile and those eyes, this girl seems different from others. If I weren't an idol surrounded by fans, I would have talked to her and at least ask her her name.

She's definitely going to be on my mind for a while.

Me

The tall guy that’s standing behind us is really handsome. His eyes were on me when I turned to look at him. I bet he’s wondering why I’m not screaming my lungs out for him haha. Well, it’s reasonable for him to stare, since, from what I see, Elle and I are the only girls still standing in front of him and his friends haha.

“Yes! It’s finally our turn.” I said to Elle as we were gestured to move forward towards the counters.

It didn’t take us a long time, so we went to the luggage claiming area pretty fast.

We were about to head out the airport, but Elle stopped.

“I need to go fix my hair… It probably looks like a haystack right now. I’m going to go find a washroom; I’ll be back quickly!!” said Elle walking away. She's so self-conscious of her hair! It doesn't even look that messy! It’s going to take her a while to find her way back... She has a terrible sense of direction, and I bet it’ll take her at least ten minutes just to find a washroom! Well, might as well look around some airport shops while I wait for her.

Kai

“You guys are so slow!” I yawned. Kris, Lay, Luhan and Tao finally came out. We already got our luggage; even theirs!

“It’s not our fault! It’s Kris’! There was a girl in front of us who’s Rilakkuma phone strap fell, but when Kris picked it up for her. She was already gone! Duizhang was trying to find her! Just give up man! She's probably long gone!” complained Tao.

“Hey! You never know! This plush might have some sentimental value in it!” defended Kris waving the plush around. Well he’s acting quite weird today… He seems so obsessed with returning this plush to that stranger… Odd guy.

“Where’s Sehun?” asked Luhan.

“He went out already. He said something about eating too much food and going to the washroom. He probably ate too much on the plane.” I said. “The kid keeps stealing my food… Serves him right to get this stomachache.” I added causing some members to laugh.

“Will he be okay? Cause there are a lot of fans out there…” said Tao.

“We gave him a disguise. It should help. As long as he doesn’t take off his hood that’s covering his rainbow hair, everything should be okay.” said Suho.

“We should go catch up to him before he gets himself into trouble…” said Kris.

Elle

It took me a while, but I finally found a washroom! Time to fix my hair! I wasn’t really paying much attention to the time because I was too focused on my hair. There’s a strand that won’t stay with the others! It’s getting really annoying!

I take a look at my phone and I realize I made Aemi wait for me for half an hour already. Oh crap. She’s not going to be super happy…

I take a last glance at the mirror and I run out of the washroom. I don’t really care if people see me running like a maniac; it’s not like I know them or something. The second I stepped out of the girls’ washroom, I’m not quite sure what happened, but something or, rather, someone collided with me making me fall first on the floor. The same thing happened to him.

“Ouch…” I rubbed my forehead. “Watch where you’re going!” I said. Well, I’m also responsible for this accident too, considering I was running. It’s a force of habit! I tend to blame the other person first haha…

“You could have hurt—“ I gasp and my eyes widen when I saw him take off his hood. The guy looked at me to see why I stopped scolding him and his eyes widen as well.

There’s no way I’m mistaken him for another person. I might be bad at recognizing people, but I’m sure average people don’t walk around with rainbow highlights.

“Sehun/Elle…” we both said at the same time.

From afar, I hear high-pitch screaming. Oh crap... This is not going to be pretty.

Me

I knew it. I bet Elle got lost. It's been 30 minutes already! I bet she has been walking in circle for a while... I enter a shop and I start looking around at different items.

Ohh! This top looks cute! I took one out of the stack, but the second it's in my hands, I drop it due to surprise.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I heard a bunch of girls scream. I guess it's those four Chinese celebrities again? 

"Other people cannot come in due to shop security. If you aren't inside the shop already and wish to purchase something, please wait for these guys to get out first. Thank you for your cooperation." said the saleslady in English to the screaming fans and closed the door.

I thought they would struggle to keep the door open, but I guess they're not that crazy. Yet.

I find my size for this top and I decide to buy it. It's a very original style! It's a must-buy!

I was going to head over to the cashier when I spot a really familiar guy.

No way...

I approach him, and I hesitantly tap his shoulder.

"Kai...?" I asked, crossing my fingers hoping it's really him.

Kai

I hear someone call my name.

That voice...

I know that voice from anywhere...

Could it be...

But she can't be here...

There's no way...

I turn to see the girl who's calling me.

"No way..." I said to myself. "Aemi?"

Just as I say her name, the store's doors burst open and fans come running in like a stampede.