The Joker

Some Things Never Change

Sorry for not updating for a long time! I'm such a bad author! Anyways, I hope you guys like this update, though it's bit shorter than the previous ones XD For those who haven't yet, please comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading my story! 


Elle

“How big do you want this prank to be? Extreme and memorable? Or light and everyone-gets-a-laugh type?” I asked Aemi while we eat breakfast at a nearby restaurant.

“Let’s go with… Extreme and memorable!” she said excitedly.

“Alright then. Now, do you have any ideas on what to write?” I asked while scrolling through Sehun’s contact list. Why couldn’t he write his contacts' names in Romanized Korean?! I have absolutely no idea how to read Hangul! I could have managed if it was Hanja, but this?! It’s going to take me forever to find any Exo-K members on this list!

“Eh… How about we make them run around Seoul to retrieve Sehun’s phone? It’s a nice way to troll them.” suggested Aemi.

“Good idea, but we need to elaborate the idea more…” I said comparing Exo-K members’ names to the names on the contact list.

“You need help? They once taught me how to read and write their names.” said Aemi.

“Here you go!” I tossed her the phone.

“Careful Elle! It might not be your phone, but still be more gentle with it! You could have broken it. Let’s see… Baekhyun! Chanyeol! D.O.! Okay three down… two more to go! Kai! Kris… Who the heck is he? Suho!! Yay! I found everyone!” cheered Aemi a bit too loudly.

“Good. Just in time because I just thought of something really awesome…” I smiled evilly.

Kai

Finally some time to relax… There’s no schedule today, or for the rest of the week. I can finally go to that new fast food restaurant close-by our dorm; I heard the food tastes really good, but I never really got a chance to go there since fans are always nearby this dorm. I better wear a good disguise.

After throwing on a cap and a pair dark glasses, I head out to eat a tasty burger. Sadly, I just had to be interrupted by a text.

From Sehun? Isn't he in the dorm right now...? If he wants to ask me something, why not just come to my room and ask? 

"JongIn. I have Oh Sehun's cellphone right now, and if you do not do what I say, I will spread this embarrassing picture of Exo-K through the Internet, where your fans will laugh so hard they won't idolize you anymore. Getting pretty nervous now aren't you? Well, this is what you need to do. First, don't tell the other members that I sent you this message. I also have hacker skills, so one way or another, I will know if you did so."

I take a look at the picture….

Oh crap.

Out of all the pictures, the cell phone thief just had to pick this one. It was a picture from our trip to New York when we studied aboard before out debut. Aemi was taking a picture of us, and surprisingly, all six of us sneezed at the same time when the picture was taken. Of course, we looked really ugly and ridiculous, but Elle forced us to not to delete it, and she and Aemi have a copy of it too.

Time to reply the thief.

"Hacker? Seriously? You must be bluffing. I can call the cops on you. Hacking is illegal you know. And so is blackmailing." I wrote.

"You could not believe me. However, I know where you used to live when you study aboard. Montreal. I even know the exact address. I also know that your next door neighbors were two girls who went to the same school as you. I can search up more stuff about you if I wanted to. Even though you didn't use your real name, your Facebook account is easy to hack into."    

What the hell…? How can this person know so much about us… The media never knew that about us… Crap… This guy is serious. I better not provoke him…

"Okay fine, what do you want me to do?" I texted back.

"1) Go to a Baskin Robbins and buy a pint of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.

2) Buy some fried chicken wings at any fast food restaurant of your choice.  

3) Buy the MAMA Exo-K album & the XOXO (kiss ver.)

4) Get the albums signed by all of the Exo-K members.

5) Go to any clothing store, and buy an accessory for girls and wear it.

6) Buy a cute plushie that's at least 50 cm tall. Its head must stick out of the shopping bag so that everyone will see that you bought a plushie.

Do all these things and I'll send you the location to retrieve the phone. You better finish everything on the list, and the ice cream better not be melted. Remember, I'm watching you.

Have fun.

-The Joker"

God, this person is scary… Proclaiming himself as the Joker is not a good sign… That person is probably a mad man.

I better start doing the things on the list before I get me and my friends in trouble.

Sehun

My life is over. My friends are going to kill me. I officially give up now. I lost my phone. All of my pictures are in there. Exo-K is screwed if they get spread around the net!

"ARGGGGGGG!!!" I ruffled my hair in frustration.

"What’s wrong kid?" asked Baekhyun.

"Eh… n-nothing!" I stuttered. "I-I… I can't seem to figure out where I should eat today." I lied lamely. Seriously? Is that the best you can come up with Sehun?!

"Okay anyways… I'm heading out to meet my old school mate. So you're kinda alone now. Nobody else is here… If you're hungry, don't cook; I don’t want our house to burn down to ashes. Bye!" waved Baekhyun.

As soon as the front door was closed, I felt slightly relaxed, since I didn't have to act and lie to my friends.

D.O.

*MESSAGE FROM SEHUN*

"Hyung, I know you're probably busy right now, but can you please buy a large pizza on your way home later? Thanks!"

That's odd… Usually, whenever we actually get a day off, Sehun loves to go out and walk around the streets. I guess he really is exhausted from all the concerts and such.

Kai

God it's weird to buy my own albums. And I have to use my money to pay for my work!

"It's not often to have guys buy Exo's albums. You a fan?" commented the cashier. There wasn't much people in the store. She looked quite bored.

"It's not for me…" I said uneasily. "It's for my girlfriend." I lied. I took the bag and went into a nearby girl's clothing store.

Oh my god… Why is everything so pink here?! It's so… GIRLY. I am not walking around with a flashy pink accessory on me!

Luckily, there was a section with darker colors. I grabbed a simple gray scarf and paid for it. I scanned the whole store and this was the least girly thing I could find. Plus, I was a bit lazy to go into another one.

The Joker is demanding. The things he asked me to do are not even situated in the same area!

*Vibrate Vibrate*

"Change of plans. You have till 6 pm to get the list done. I'll be waiting you in the alley across Etude House and Innisfree. You can ask your friends to help you out, but if you mention anything about me, the picture's going online. Don't try to mess with me. I see, and I know everything."

'I see, and I know everything.' God that last part gave me chills. 6 pm… Damn. There are only 2 hours left! I need backup.

Let me think this through first…

Even if I do everything on the list, it doesn't necessarily mean the Joker will keep his promise. He could try to blackmail me again. There must be a way to outsmart him…

Come on Kim Jongin! You can think this through!

"Suho hyung, please help me go to Baskin Robbins and buy a pint of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. After that, meet me at 5:15 pm at the usual coffee shop." 

"Chanyeol! Dude, you need to help me with a big favor. Help me buy a cute, minimum 50 cm tall plushie. After that, meet me at the usual coffee shop at 5:15. Be on time. This is urgent!"

" Kyungsoo, please help me buy a box of chicken wings somewhere, and meet me afterwards at our usual coffee shop at 5:15 pm. It's urgent!"

Okay… One more message to send out.

"Baekhyun Hyung, I know you said you're meeting your old classmate today, but this is an emergency. Go home and grab a few permanent markers, and then take Sehun out with you and meet me at the coffee shop at 5:15 pm."

I hope this works out…

I better call my friend to tell him that we're occupying his coffee shop later.

Baekhyun

This is so random. I have to ditch my friend to go home to grab a few pens and get Sehun… Alright. This is a really odd situation, but since Kai rarely interrupts me during my personal times, I guess he really needs my help.

I bid my friend goodbye and took a taxi to go home. If I walked home, I wouldn't be able to make it to the coffee shop on time.

As soon as I opened the door, my eyes went wide.

"What the… What did you do Sehun??" I questioned him.

"I-I was trying to make something to eat. I was really hungry, and things didn’t really work it…" he frowned.

I have no idea how he managed to dirty the kitchen so badly. It looks like an abstract painting made out of food!

"I would tell you to clean this up, but we really need to go. Go get your disguise. We have to leave right now!!" I told him.

He understood the urgency in my voice and ran to get changed. As for me, I grabbed the pens Kai asked for and waited for Sehun.

D.O.

It feels like a waste buying these… With this amount of money, I can make triple the amount and the chicken wings will probably be twice as good!

First Sehun, and now Kai. I feel like a delivery boy today haha…

Chanyeol

I didn't really have much time to get the big plush toy. So what I picked out isn’t really original. I just bought a Tuxedo Sam plush that was around 70 cm tall? It was kinda hard to carry around because the bag that contained it was huge and stuffed. On my way to the coffee shop, there were a lot of kids who were trying to peek at my bag. I'm not surprised though, because part of the penguin's hat is sticking out of it haha…

Kai

I'm sitting inside the coffee shop already and my fingers are tapping the table impatiently.

Come on guys… Please be on time so that the plan will work!

As if on cue, Baekhyun and Sehun enters the coffee shop.

Good. Just three more to go!

Suho

I wasn't really close by a Baskin Robbins when Kai texted me. I'm a little bit late, I hope he won't get too angry.

I enter the coffee shop and I see not only Kai, but also the rest of my friends there.

"Who would have thought our leader would be the last one to come!" exclaimed Chanyeol.

"Sorry guys." I said. I put down the ice cream on a table and look at Kai. "What's the emergency? And why are you wearing a girl scarf?"

"Crap. Is it really that obvious?" he asked and everybody nodded at the same time.

"I wanted to comment on that, but you looked like you were in a bad mood, so I thought it would be best to shut up about it." said Sehun.

"Anyways, here's the emergency. Long story short, I got blackmailed and the person behind this is threatening me with the sneezing picture of us. The tasks that I asked you guys to do were all tasks the person — the Joker, asked me to do. Now that I have all the things I need, I have to go meet him in the alley across Etude House and Innisfree."

"How does he have that picture?" asked D.O. confusingly.

"Because he has Sehun's phone." answered Kai.

"I'M SORRY! I LOST MY PHONE AT THE AIRPORT THE OTHER DAY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO!" apologized Sehun abruptly without anyone blaming him for all this.

"It's not really your fault, it was pretty crowded that day, but it couldn't have killed you to tell us." said Kai.

"So it wasn't you who asked me to buy this large pizza! " exclaimed D.O.

"Anyways, I also need you guys to sign these two albums." said Kai handing each of them a permanent marker.

"By looking at your face, I sense that you thought of a way to get back at the Joker?" I guessed.

"Exactly. So this is what we should do…"

Aemi

"Do you think the others will come too?" I asked Elle.

"I think so. I mean, they're pretty self-conscious about this picture." she said and sat down on a block of concrete in the alley.

"I can't believe Kai actually thinks the Joker sees everything he's doing haha. He's so easy to fool!" I said.

"I know right! I mean, it'll be a pain for us to follow him around all day. He's still so gullible. He hasn't change much I guess…" said Elle swinging her legs impatiently.

"So let me get this straight, in about 5 minutes or so, I hide behind the trashcan, while you wear you hood up to pretend to be the Joker? After, I sneak up behind Kai and surprise him?" I asked.

"Yep that's the plan! I still can't believe we managed to create this game in one day! Kai must be angry for running all around town!" she laughed.

"Haha yeah! I think I should hide now. You never know, he might be here early!" I smiled. I can't wait to see them! Though are we being too mean doing all this… ? I hope he won't overreact. 

No one's POV

There was exactly 1 minute left before 6 pm.

"You guys know your roles?" said Kai to the others.

They all nodded and Kai started walking in slowly.

He spotted a hooded figure sitting back-faced to him on a concrete block. The alley wasn't very long and it led to a dead end. There were a few trashcans around, so just in case this so-called Joker attacked him, he could grab a trashcan cover to throw at him or something.

"He's not as tall as I thought he would be. Actually, he's pretty short. He'll probably be easy to handle." thought Kai.

He tried to walk as quietly as possible in order to do a sneak attack.

He slightly quickened his pace and tried to jump on the Joker to tackle him down. Then, his friends will be on their way to get the cell phone.

"Do you really think you I'm deaf and stupid?" said a voice.

The Joker had fast reflex, which made Kai land on the ground with his unsuccessful jump. Luckily, he wasn't injured at all.

"Is this what you want? Come and get it." teased the Joker holding the cell phone with his thumb and index.

Kai got up and ran straight at him.

"You have to do better than that kid."

"Who said I was the one taking it?" smirked Kai.

"What the —" said the Joker as Sehun jumped on his back.

"GIMME BACK MY PHONE!" said the maknae.

"I didn't really expect the Joker to have such a girl's voice…" thought Kai.

The Joker had trouble getting Sehun off his back due to the big height difference.

The other Exo-K members were also coming into the valley and were prepared to tackle the Joker like an American Football team.

"WAITT!" half-screamed a girl from behind a trash can.

Too late, the Joker was behind squished by 5 guys.

Kai turned to see who was screaming at them to stop.

Confusion was written all over his face.

"Aemi?" he gasped.

The other five guys also turned to see.

"No way…" they said in unison.

"Surprise!" she said slightly nervously and joyfully.

"Get off of me!!" said the Joker.

The five guys did as they were told and Suho pulled off the hood. 

"Elle?!" they gasped.

"You were the Joker the whole time!?" said Kai.


What did you guys think? 

For those who are curious, this is what the plushie looks like. Cute ^^?