16.End

Walk Into Your Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**********************

 

Kai didn’t lie when said that it really took him a lot of effort to manage to arrange 10 dates with Seohyun in two weeks, in between his tight schedule. Yet, the girl still complained that it was not enough. But she said that not because she wanted to meet him as much as she could, simply just because she wanted to end their 100 dates as fast as possible. However, except for their first date which they eating out and watching a movie together, these remain ones were not really worth enough to be called a date. Five parties he had to attend as the representative of his company where instead of talking and making alliance with his business partner, Kai ended up just doing one task that not even had in the list of what he has to do in those kinds of party: keep Seohyun ALWAYS stays by his side, which clearly what made she really annoyed and grumbled at him every time he drove her back after the party. Nevertheless, it was not his intention to cause her uncomfortable, every man would do the same if the girl he interested in looking so beautiful and attracting many other men’s attention without her realization. The four dates left which took place in his office where she could doing her work and he too, could doing his work, while sometimes could still steal glances at her, would be the most pleasant according to his opinion and maybe even Seohyun, too, judging from her personalities. However Kai didn’t be able to do that anymore after Hyori noticed about Seohyun and clearly informed him that he shouldn’t let any strangers in the office, unless it was for the business matter.

 

*************************

 

Kai coughing, glancing at the wall clock across his bed, it was already 6 p.m, he was going to had dinner with Seohyun at seven, but judging from his condition right now, he wouldn’t be able to make it. Kai cursed under his breath only to meet with another whoop. He was over working over the last ten days due to the new project he had with a client, an important one. And this morning, after gaining for his company a contract worth billions won, Kai also gained for himself some flu viruses and ended up spent the rest of the day doing nothing except sleep. Yet, he didn’t get better.

 

“Didn’t we decide to meet at 7? I am still in my office.” Seohyun ‘s voice from the other line.

 

“Yes, we did.” Kai said, trying to not sneezing. “But I call to cancel the meeting.”

 

A long pause before Seohyun let out a sigh.

 

“You know, in business you cant just call it off when you don’t want to have a meeting with your client.”

 

“What do you want to say?”

 

“I don’t care what your reason is, we agreed to meet at seven, and I will follow what we had decided. If you don’t come, then it will be your fault. That one date tonight is still counted.”

 

Kai smirked. This wicked girl! She probably wanted to end their 90 dates left as soon as possible. He couldn’t let her get one excluded easily like that, but tonight, to think that he had reserved at an outdoor restaurant in this spring weather  was really not a great spot for his already bad health.

 

“Then we still continue the plan.” Kai said, could feel her disappointment from the other line. “But change the place.”

 

“To where?”

 

“My house.”

 

“What? Your house?” Seohyun gasped. “It is not a safe place.”

 

“Not a safe place?” Kai laughed. “what kind of man do you think I am?”

 

 “No! It is not what I mean!” Seohyun shook her head. “But didn’t it better to meet outside where it has fresh air and more people?”

 

“Enough with your nonsense. I will text you my address, see you at seven.”

 

*****************

 

The paint in his head throbbed and pulsed in his skull as Kai stood up from his bed after hearing the doorbell, it was 7.15. Must be Seohyun, he thought.

 

“Sorry, I am late.” Seohyun apologized, standing hesitated not wanting to come in even though he already made way for her. Kai chuckled, with his condition right now, whatever Seohyun was afraid of would not happen, even if he wanted to.

 

“Are you going to come in?” Kai said in his sore voice. The paint killer he took earlier seemed to not work at all as suddenly Kai didn’t find strength in his legs and had to lean on the door. Plus, Seohyun was now spinning around in his sight.

 

“Are you okay?” Seohyun asked concerning, and before Kai could assured her that he is okay, he already found her cool hand on his forehead. “You have a fever, let me help you in.”

 

“I am really fine.” Kai said, coughing.

 

“You look pale and not as fine as you thought.” Seohyun claimed after placed him down onto the sofa. She was willing to help him to his bed but Kai refused to move when they reached the sofa, leaving her had no choice but to let him laying there. The sofa is huge, he would find comfortable, though. Seohyun thought.

 

“Did you eat?” She asked, after coming out from his bedroom with a pillow and blanket in her hands.

 

“I am really fine.” Kai grunted, didn’t want Seohyun to see his weak side.

 

“Good.” Seohyun said, feeling bother. Alright if he wanted to behave like this, then she would let him be. “I am going home, you arrogant. Have fun with the fever! ”

 

“Wait.” Kai called weakly when Seohyun almost reaching his door.

 

“What?” Seohyun turned around, looked at him impatiently.

 

“Stay.” He said between his coughs. “I am hungry.”

 

“Take a rest.” Seohyun soften “While I’m making porridge for you.”

 

***********

 

“Just one more.” Seohyun urged, shoving a spoon in his mouth. “That it. Now drink those medicine.”

 

“You treat me like a baby.” Kai complained.

 

“Because only kids cant take care of themselves, and as far as I know you look like one.” Seohyun teased, taking the dishes to the sink to wash along with his other dishes that had already been here for so long no one could know.

 

“Even adult can get sick.” Kai argued.

 

“But they know how to recover, and all you do is laying around and drink paintkiller when you have nothing in your stomach. What an adult you are!” Seohyun laughed, really enjoyed criticizing him.

 

The young man didn’t continue their bickering anymore as the medicine Seohyun gave him started working, and are doing a good job to make him fell asleep.

 

After finishing with the dishes and cleaning his kitchen, Seohyun came out with a wet towel only to find Kai was already deep in slept. Carefully sitting beside him on the ground, Seohyun gently wiped his face.

 

At first, after knew that Kai had a fever, Seohyun was feeling guilty for insisti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter