10.

Walk Into Your Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai stood in the corner of the hall, observing all the men and women dressing in their design and expensive dresses, hoping to end their single life after tonight party by flirting around. Chanyeol and Sehun were not an exception, the two handsome men were crowed with girls wanting them to notice, and they seemed to not mind being surrounded like that. Kai chuckled, poor those innocent girls, they didn’t know that they wont get anything from Chanyeol and Sehun in the end, but a broken heart. In contrast to his younger friends only wanted to play with girl’s hearts, Luhan, too, was enclosed with girls, however, he chose to just give them his sweet smiles and politely denied their offers for whatever it was.

“Girls, How long are you going to stand beside him?” Kai turned to Krystal then to a bunch of girls he didn’t notice that were close to him. “Don’t you know that he will never notice ugly girls like you?”

Some whispers could be heard from the crowd of girls stood near him before they withdrawal from their place.

“If you don’t want to flirt with them like Sehun and Chanyeol, at least you should tell them like Luhan oppa. You are the worst by ignore them.” Krystal said.

“Telling them like you just said is worse.” Kai muttered

“You should thank me because I do that for you so that they will not disturb you anymore.”

Kai rolled his eyes, didn’t bother to talk back to her. There were time that he found argue with Krystal was an interesting thing to do. But not any more. Especially, at this moment, all he thought was Seohyun. Kai looked at his watch, it was already past 9, one hour since the party started and there was no sight of Seohyun. He remembered Taeyeon had warned him about them going to take a long time but he didn’t think that it would take this long.

As Kai was about to lost his patience of waiting and decided to come back to see what kept Seohyun so long, from the entrance of the party murmurs could be heard and people inside the hall stopped what they were doing, eyes headed to where the burble started.

“Why are you still standing here?” Chanyeol from nowhere had come to rush him.

“What?” Kai lazily asked.

“Do you want to lose your girlfriend?” Chanyeol widen his eyes. “Men are block around noona to ask for her name, numbers or whatever it is…”

Before the tall man could finished, he found himself was being left behind alone as Kai hurry run across the hall to the entrance.

 After using his strength to go through the crowd of men, Kai managed to come in the middle, and standing there was a gorgeous girl. The satin dress hugged her figure following her curves and revealing her toned legs, the glistening black making her fair skin stand out. It was strapless, which showed off her collarbones and a little of her cleavage if was not being cover up by her silky straight black hair. Her smoky eyes and red lips making her looked y yet still elegant.

“I am sorry, but I have a boyfriend…” The girl stopped talking when noticed the familiar man before her. “JongIn ah!”

After a few seconds dumbfounded with the new appearance of Seohyun, Kai took a hold of her hand.

“She is mine, back off.” Kai growled, before pulling her out from the crowed.

“Noona, You look so stunning!” Kai glanced at Sehun who was staring at the blushing Seohyun. In fact it was not only his same age friend whose eyes were focusing on her but almost all the man in the ballroom include Luhan and Chanyeol. At first, Kai must admitted that he liked to seeing Seohyun like that, however seeing her having all the attention, he’d rather see her dressed like her old self.

“Thank you.” Seohyun smiled.

“Do you want to dance with me?” Sehun asked, offered her hand.

“Sure!” Seohyun answered, taking his hand. It was bored just standing like that, so she felt more than happy when the younger man asked her.

As Sehun began to lead Seohyun to the dance floor, a hand hold on Seohyun’s other hand, stopping her.

“Come on JongIn, it is just a dance. You don’t have to over protective like that!” Sehun complained making the others laughed, but Kai didn’t care much, his hand still hold tight on Seohyun’s.

Letting out a sign, the lass came close to JongIn and whispered to his ear.

‘Remember the promise last night? I will behave so don’t worry.’ Kai didn’t know that it was because of the close distance with her or because of her sweet scent and her breath on his ear that he ended up loosen up his hold on hers. With that Seohyun smiled at him before followed Sehun to the dance floor. One thing he pretty sure about was what Seohyun just said to him was not convinced even a bit as his eyes could leave her face.

 

.

 

“To tell you the truth, it is the first time I see Jongin behave like that!” Sehun laughed, whispering on Seohyun ear while they were dancing.

“What do you mean?” Seohyun asked.

“You know, he keeps you beside him more than keeping his gold.” Sehun explained “Like he could lose you anytime.”

Seohyun just chuckle, thinking that Kai had done a good job in making his friend believe they are a couple.

 “How did you all meet?” Seohyun asked in order to change the topic.

“You mean the five of us?” Seohyun nodded “It was all because of Jongin’s dad. Every time Mr.Kim making cooperation with other company, he always lets his son to become friend with the owner of that company’s son. That how all of us become like today. I met Jongin when we were around 5, then Krystal 2 years later, Chanyeol came in the picture when he was 11 and Luhan hyung joined us last when we reached highschool because Kai’s dad wanted to explore the China’s market.”

“No wonder you are so close.”

“But that jerk over there never acknowledges that.” Sehun joked, eyeing Jongin and earning a chuckle from Seohyun.

“Ehm!” Seohyun turned around and saw Chanyeol who was already standing beside them, clearing his throat. “Sorry, but can I have my turn now?”

“Since when do you have your turn?” Sehun said, didn’t hide his disappointment after being disturbed by Chanyeol.

“Since noona look so pretty, and it would be such a waste to not dance with her.” Seohyun laughed at his cheesy remark.

“Then it would be such a waste to not dance with a tall and handsome gentleman like you.”

.

“Never mind her, noona.” Chanyeol said wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter